Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

What game(s) are you playing now?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post by Pretentious Hipster » August 17th, 2020, 12:36 am

My biggest video will be in February 21, 2021. A long way ahead, but it's gonna require so much work that I'll be starting on it now. Gotta buy a fancy camera and microphone that my brother's girlfriend can sell me as well. The outfit I need for it is $100 off now so maybe I should get it. If I don't get lots of views from this then I really dunno what will.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » August 17th, 2020, 2:09 am

tirefeet wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 7:54 pm
weirdboy wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 2:05 pm
tirefeet wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:27 pm
I have played Shadow of Chernobyl, most likely the hardest game I have played on a normal setting.
Have you played Pathologic? It is completely brutal but still so rewarding when you make even the tiniest bit of progress.
It was on my Steam wishlist but I have removed it apparently. I remember reading on it, so there is Pathologic 2 which is a remaster or rather a remake of the original Pathologic IIRC. Which edition would you recommend? Maybe I have removed it because of this confusion :rolleyes: :D
I think Pathologic 2 is the way to go if you have not played it before.
If you finish that one and want more you can go get Pathologic HD to play the other bits of story that were not included in the remake, but the UI is dated and not nearly as easy to use.

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 17th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Thanks! Incidentally Pathologic Classic HD is available on Steam currently with 90% discount but it doesn't work on Linux so I shall pick up Pathologic 2 when it hits a sale.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » August 24th, 2020, 6:15 pm

Ah, some great memories from high school...I loved that Chronicles of Riddick game. Probably the best movie tie-in game ever, in my opinion at least.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 4th, 2020, 4:32 pm

I'm not sure if it's stockholm syndrome, but Zelda's Adventure actually has a certain charm to it. I love how odd it looks. Of course, I am a fan of early CD games because of this reason, so I may be biased. But then I get into the dungeons and the bad hitboxes and stilted controls make me hate it again.

Still, the Shrine of Illusion is legit a good dungeon theme, and I love the boss. A werewolf jester that does cartwheels.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 5th, 2020, 7:16 am

I just saw that they’re releasing Super Mario 64; Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy for the Switch on the 18th :woot: the first two are in my top all time favourites and Galaxy I never played enough of but always wanted to revisit. Actually the best news ever. I haven’t played Sunshine since I was like 13 omgggggg
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 5th, 2020, 7:24 am

yooo I just preordered it. 64 and Galaxy are in my top X games and I've never played Sunshine!

I get having a limited release window for a physical edition but why tf is the digital copy limited as well?

I mean, I know why. It's because they're doing the same for Zelda next year and they don't want people buying old games, they want them buying the latest thing.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 5th, 2020, 7:27 am

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 4:32 pm
I'm not sure if it's stockholm syndrome, but Zelda's Adventure actually has a certain charm to it. I love how odd it looks. Of course, I am a fan of early CD games because of this reason, so I may be biased. But then I get into the dungeons and the bad hitboxes and stilted controls make me hate it again.

Still, the Shrine of Illusion is legit a good dungeon theme, and I love the boss. A werewolf jester that does cartwheels.
wait that's what the CD-i games look like? woah. my grandma bought me those at a garage sale when I was a tiny child and it took me ages to figure out why they wouldn't play in the computer.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » September 5th, 2020, 3:07 pm

I've tried to play Super Mario 64, probably 64 times and eventually rage quit each time. I don't get it. Not only it a '90s platformer, which already makes it a nightmare, but the slippery slidey mechanics of the Mario games in general make it more of a rage game than Getting Over It. Add in the incredibly annoying sound effects Mario makes every time he jumps and it turns into my own vision of personal hell. :verymad: To this day my biggest lifelong mystery is how every single person in the world except for me seems to enjoy the Mario games.

Peter...is your social worker in that horse?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 5th, 2020, 3:11 pm

I love his jumpy sound effects :'( Super Mario 64 was easily the game I played most as a kid, but I didn't finish it until a few years ago on an emulator. Maybe coz it was the game that taught me how to play games I don't notice the annoying things. I've loved pretty much every game and can't get enough.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 5th, 2020, 6:30 pm

It might have the best looking floor masters

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 6th, 2020, 7:54 am

funkybusiness wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 7:24 am
yooo I just preordered it. 64 and Galaxy are in my top X games and I've never played Sunshine!

I get having a limited release window for a physical edition but why tf is the digital copy limited as well?

I mean, I know why. It's because they're doing the same for Zelda next year and they don't want people buying old games, they want them buying the latest thing.
Did you get the physical or digital? I can’t decide which to go for :( I want physical to save space on my memory card but worried I could lose it. I want digital so I don’t have to leave the house or interact with anyone to pick it up, and to have it around forever.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 6th, 2020, 8:36 am

mightysparks wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 7:54 am
funkybusiness wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 7:24 am

Did you get the physical or digital? I can’t decide which to go for :( I want physical to save space on my memory card but worried I could lose it. I want digital so I don’t have to leave the house or interact with anyone to pick it up, and to have it around forever.
physical. supposed to arrive in the mail on release day. I usually go digital but I ordered a physical release for this one because, 1. I also need a new memory card, I'm outta space and 2. I'm suspicious of any "release window" chicanery.
I don't ever take my Switch anywhere so I'm not worried about losing games.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 6th, 2020, 8:39 am

Yeah I never take mine anywhere but just worried it could get misplaced or damaged during a move or something. Nothing has ever arrived 'on release day' where I live so I didn't want to go with a delivery. Argh I still don't know what to do. I guess I don't need it ON release day and can wait a few days but rargh bleh.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 8th, 2020, 6:50 am

I bought Ring Fit Adventure today. When it first came out I wasn't very interested in it and expected another Wii Fit type of thing (which was ok, but not really that useful). But it kept getting brought up in the weight loss subs I'm in and since I'm struggling to stick to any kind of exercise outside of my 10k daily steps, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm doing well nutrition-wise right now (down 2.2kg in 2 weeks yea boi), but I wanted to start getting some cardio in too. I was just playing for about 30 minutes and I'm exhausted. I already felt worn out just setting the thing up lol so it's a pretty good workout if you don't really workout. I can imagine if you're already fit and exercise regularly it's probably not going to be intense enough but I'm sweaty and red in the face and my HR was up to 150. I thought it was pretty fun and it's the only thing that's ever going to get me doing 60 squats in 30 minutes... I am starting to get sick of the default moves so I'm looking forward to unlocking more later. Fun stats and mini-game things too, so I'm sure this will keep me entertained for a while.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 9th, 2020, 6:30 pm

I managed to beat Zelda's Adventure. Will I get an award for completing the 3 CDi games?

The shrine of strength is legit one of the best zelda dungeons.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 9th, 2020, 9:06 pm

July 17th, 2020, 8:32 pm
Butcher Bay 8/10. finished, remember atmosphere and some gameplay only.
HL2 11/10 finished 3 times and watched some playthrough bits & pieces over time. remember every patch of it.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » September 14th, 2020, 12:45 am

I am getting close to 200 hours played in Zelda Breath of the Wild, and I still have not even tried to beat Ganon yet. I have finally got all the shrines done, though. And I keep randomly running across sidequests and korok seeds all over the place.

Speaking of which, where is that guy where you can trade korok seeds for storage space? I do not remember where he is now and would love to be able to carry more stuff. I expanded a couple of times previously when I ran across him, but that was months ago IRL.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 15th, 2020, 3:12 am

If you've already done the Macaras quest (en route to Kakariko Village, where you meet Hestu originally), you can later find him at Woodland Stable. Once you talk to him there, he'll go back home, near the Great Deku Tree, the big pink tree north-north-east of Hyrule Castle. You have to navigate through the Lost Woods to get to it.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 15th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Playing my first Japanese visual novel, but it hasn no anime aesthetic. Called Gadget Invention, Travel, & Adventure. It just got super creepy.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 15th, 2020, 2:30 pm

It turns out that David Lynch loved this game so much he wanted to make a similar game with the same company, but it didn't work out.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 15th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Never heard of it wow, I'm on board!
Del Toro also mentioned it.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 15th, 2020, 7:58 pm

I did beat it, but there's a remastered version, a book, and a film. I'll go through all of those and hope to have a review in a week or two.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 16th, 2020, 11:46 am

My King's Quest video is like half dislikes now. I don't get it? :shrug: I said the game was good. This is why negative comments are useful.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 16th, 2020, 11:56 am

It's 12:4
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 16th, 2020, 11:57 am

Armoreska wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:56 am
Was it you that gave the 12th like then :p if not that would have been a hilarious coincidence.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 16th, 2020, 12:57 pm

September 16th, 2020, 11:57 am
Armoreska wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:56 am
Was it you that gave the 12th like then :p if not that would have been a hilarious coincidence.
Sure
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434