Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: South Asia (Results), Doubling the Canon (Results), 1950s (May 24th), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

What game(s) are you playing now?

funkybusiness
Donator

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post by funkybusiness » May 13th, 2020, 3:48 am

Timmy & Tommy are selling a hamster in a cage today...

and Flurry's in the shop. (D:)

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 14th, 2020, 2:44 pm

I was planning to play the next classic blindspot (Fallout) alongside continuing Twilight Princess. However, I found out that Blizzard cancelled a Warcraft game that's available in a fan restoration. I assume that would make a good review?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 14th, 2020, 9:13 pm

I didn't know a video game character could be so hot :lol: might have to get the game

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech » May 17th, 2020, 2:05 am

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Game is totally free (no Gold or PS Plus necessary) on Xbox One and PS4 until the 21st of this month. I picked it up and have enjoyed playing it on mute this afternoon, as mindless background entertainment while I check out music. The LEGO franchise is perfect for that kind of fun.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 17th, 2020, 5:01 am

kongs_speech wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 2:05 am
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Game is totally free (no Gold or PS Plus necessary) on Xbox One and PS4 until the 21st of this month. I picked it up and have enjoyed playing it on mute this afternoon, as mindless background entertainment while I check out music. The LEGO franchise is perfect for that kind of fun.
Also on steam

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech » May 17th, 2020, 5:27 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 5:01 am
kongs_speech wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 2:05 am
Also on steam
Oh nice, that's cool for people who use that as their primary gaming platform. Honestly, I forget that Steam exists. I'm a lifelong console gamer. I used to dabble in Runescape, and I played Roller Coaster Tycoon for a few hours one day as a kid before my dad made me uninstall it because I couldn't convince him it wasn't a virus. That's the extent of my PC gaming history.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 17th, 2020, 4:34 pm

I finished Woodfall Temple in Majora's Mask. Not a good dungeon, imo. Hopefully the later dungeons are better. Apparently the first dungeon is the worst, according to a poll that I just found, so that's a little bit reassuring. I think I'll finish at least one more dungeon and then I'll decide if I want to continue.

I don't like the deku mask. It takes too long to take it on/off, like the iron boots from the water temple, but even worse. I also don't like the jumping from flowers. If I remember correctly, the flowers were the reason I quit the game the first time I tried it.

I still don't like the timer. If I use the inverted song of time, then I have enough time to explore, but just the knowledge that I'm being timed makes it more stressful. Also having to wait for a certain time of day is annoying.

sebby

Post by sebby » May 20th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Have spent most of the last 3-4 years of gaming catching up on AAA titles like Horizon and the like. Now looking for platformers and metroidvania games from that same time period to play when I take breaks from my Stardew Valley life. Hollow Knight, Celeste, The Messenger, and Chasm are currently hot on my radar. Anything else you guys want to recommend?

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 21st, 2020, 3:46 am

sebby wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Have spent most of the last 3-4 years of gaming catching up on AAA titles like Horizon and the like. Now looking for platformers and metroidvania games from that same time period to play when I take breaks from my Stardew Valley life. Hollow Knight, Celeste, The Messenger, and Chasm are currently hot on my radar. Anything else you guys want to recommend?
Maybe Terraria? It's not exactly metroidvania per se, but a cross between that and Minecraft. It is very fun though.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 21st, 2020, 4:33 pm

Civilization 6 is free in the epic games store