Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Crime, Directed by Women, Indian Subcontinent
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

What game(s) are you playing now?

funkybusiness
Donator

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post by funkybusiness » March 26th, 2020, 4:13 am

Assemble! Animal Forest? that's a junk super sentai spinoff.

I just popped a balloon and the treasure went in the drink D; the look on my dude's face and the silent movie BA DUN piano chord. it was too much, nintendo. my heart can only take so much.

got some miles for it tho

new titles: "catchable clutz" fffffffff

edit: new achievement for catching insects:
"You got title keywords!
[Freshly Delivered] [Egg]"

what.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 26th, 2020, 4:21 am

me, a small boy, shaking orange trees vigorously:
"gimme your sticks you leafy bastards! I'm outta fishing poles!"

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 26th, 2020, 4:29 am

My title is Over-Stuffed Trash.

If y'all have online add meee and we can visit each other's islands SW-1523-3393-3913
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 26th, 2020, 4:47 am

sent friend request

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 26th, 2020, 4:50 am

weirdboy, here's hoping you get something other than oranges.

also, I just shook a lamp out of a tree.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 26th, 2020, 5:01 am

I got pears and coconuts too, but need to collect ‘em alllll
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 26th, 2020, 5:09 am

go talk to the dodo at the airport so I can come visit

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 26th, 2020, 5:38 am

I opened my gate but idk if it's doing anything

Think you need this code: DH3MY

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 27th, 2020, 3:30 am

TARANTULA AAAAHHH

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 27th, 2020, 11:56 am

Watched a letsplay of HL Alyx. The quarantine shut down any chance of collectively playing at someone's crib.
Interesting ending but surely controversial.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 27th, 2020, 2:00 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 4:50 am
Looks like cherries are plentiful in my island.

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » March 27th, 2020, 2:22 pm

Don't Spoil I just started Alyx here ,)

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 28th, 2020, 12:52 am

Every mystery island I go to has oranges rargh. My ‘mum’ gave me pears but the mystery islands have given me nothing but sadness.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 28th, 2020, 2:29 am

My villagers won’t stop talking about you, funky.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 28th, 2020, 3:38 am

they'll really like me now I got booty shorts

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 28th, 2020, 4:07 am

weirdboy wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 2:00 pm
funkybusiness wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 4:50 am
Looks like cherries are plentiful in my island.
let us know when you've got the airport built. you can come and visit.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 28th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Hmm it appears I have to have a paid nintendo account to visit other people's islands.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » March 28th, 2020, 2:09 pm

been playing diablo 3 again this ladder, witch doctor. its pretty fun but got to maximum tormet level already so not very excited to go on

would like to like some other hack n slash game but ps store doesnt seem to have any on sale atm

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm

There's always Torchlight 2.

Although to be fair I have never played it on PS4.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 28th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Playing a Japanese-only game that had a fan translation a few years ago. I'll leave it as a surprise until the review comes out. The guy who made it was his first game, and after this he became the lead designer of some of the greatest games of all time. This is also one of the greatest games I've ever played.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 29th, 2020, 1:09 am

I've been playing a bit of Tropico 4/5 over the last few weeks. I had a couple of the 'Extra Missions' in Tropico 4 left and I finished those, as well as doing some sandbox for achievements. I have a few missions left in the Tropico 5 campaign but a lot of the achievements are for multiplayer which is annoying. I was looking into Tropico 6 and it seemed like it had 'better' multiplayer so my bf and I were considering getting it, and a few days later it went on sale so we did. We played a little together, but the multiplayer is a bit boring. We've been doing the missions instead. It's a lot tougher than the last Tropico's. Definitely a more complex system, a lot harder to keep people happy and keep the economy running well. I was finding the others a bit easy though, so I like having the challenge. There aren't as many missions as the other games and I'm not the biggest sandbox fan, but the game is still pretty good. I usually go to bed around 10, but was up until after midnight finishing one of the missions lol

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 29th, 2020, 11:16 am

I just caught a fish that in the Japanese version is called 竜宮の使い which I looked up in my dictionary and the first translation listed is "King of Herrings". It is apparently worth 9000 bells.

The literal translation is something like "Envoy of the Dragon Palace"

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 29th, 2020, 11:40 am

some of the names of Japanese fish are pretty great like that. that reminds me, I remember looking up seahorse awhile ago 竜の落とし子, that's something like, The Dragon's Bastard Child, isn't it?

King of the Herrings is just a ribbonfish in the English version, although we get delightful puns for everything. e v e r y t h i n g .

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 29th, 2020, 11:51 am

oh and if you're going for a complete catalogue and you've selected a northern hemisphere island, there's several fish leaving at the end of the month including Sturgeon (find them at the mouth of the river), and Stringfish (late afternoon til morning, a raised water level tier, like near the cliff/waterfall).

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 29th, 2020, 12:39 pm

I've still got 3 fish and 4(?) insects to catch, but they're impossible to find :(

In other exciting news, the bf plans to buy a speccy gaming pc tomorrow and has borrowed his brother's VR stuff so we can play Alyx :circle: I haven't played any VR yet and I can't wait to check it out.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » March 29th, 2020, 3:40 pm

weirdboy wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm
There's always Torchlight 2.

Although to be fair I have never played it on PS4.
yea, gonna play it eventually. also divinity

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » Yesterday, 10:43 am

Wow I popped a balloon and the present fell into a rock never to be seen again. No achievement for that :angry: I was annoyed that some of the gift giving elements weren’t a big part anymore but it turns out I just wasn’t talking to them enough. I decided to try to get to know my villagers today and harassed them all. I got an achievement for making a ‘true friend’ and a few cool new things. I’ve placed all my possible lots now and am waiting for more people to come. Should have Shep and Gruff coming tomorrow.

And soon KK :circle:

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » Yesterday, 10:49 am

Yeah you gotta get real friendly with your villagers before quests start, or so sez internet.

My museum opened and my fifth neighbor should show up in a couple hours... I got Flurry and Joey for 3 and 4.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » Yesterday, 10:58 am

Oh nooo I love Flurry :’( gimme

Deli is my favourite villager that I have at the moment. He is so high. ‘Pizza. Is. Yes’.’ He’s great. I really like Flora too. The rest I’d be happy to swap out.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » Yesterday, 11:04 am

Flurry is wonderful. I've yet to meet Joey as I went to his house and he had a sign that said COME BACK WHEN I'M NOT SLEEPING

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » Yesterday, 5:05 pm

Just had my first taste of VR. It took us ages to set it up and troubleshoot. Alyx won’t be ready til morning but I downloaded The Lab, and was messing around in there for a bit. The dog robot thing was adorable, but using VR was pretty weird and confusing but cool. The headset is super heavy and now it looks like I have a black eye. I hit the wall and the fan a few times with my hands/controllers. Standing up was less confusing to orient myself, but sitting down was more comfortable and safer. Everyone always tells me it’s not as good as you want it to be but I thought it was cool. If the text wasn’t so blurry I wouldn’t even notice the pixels.

Can’t wait to try Alyx tomorrow, I’m gonna suck though.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » Today, 7:11 am

Just got off my first Alyx session, still adjusting to the real world. It's like getting off a treadmill or rollercoaster or something. I only played about an hour but then my face was getting too squeezed and sweaty so I'm taking a break for a bit. It's awesome, it's so exciting. I was struggling with reloading the gun, but shooting is more fun and taking a look inside corpses, getting bled on by the barnacles and even opening doors is really cool.

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » Today, 10:07 am

You shot Zombies didn't you ? ;)

Did you choose to move via the stick or by teleporting ?

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » Today, 10:42 am

"getting bled on by the barnacles is really cool" - Lauren Carrie
Put THAT in your signature, Lammetje :D
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » Today, 10:50 am

Tim2460 wrote:
Today, 10:07 am
You shot Zombies didn't you ? ;)

Did you choose to move via the stick or by teleporting ?
I left it on default settings (teleporting), but I was going to try out the others when I play next. It's hard to coordinate at first, but I don't want to go switching up the controls and getting myself more confused so I'll probably stick to teleporting.

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » Today, 12:24 pm

Move with the joystick ... it's hard for me to play much more than 1h before getting serious headache