Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

What game(s) are you playing now?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post by mightysparks » December 10th, 2018, 7:47 am

Still trying to make my mind up on the Switch :rolleyes: I've never really gotten anywhere with a Zelda game, but will check it out if I decide to get a Switch.

I've been in the mood for management games again (my favourite genre), so I've been playing Tropico 4. I finished an easy sandbox game this morning but might jump back into the campaign now. I wanna try getting some of the Steam achievements but I'm pretty average at the game if I'm not playing an easy game.

I also dabble in The Sims 4 every now and then, although it makes me angry how lacking it is compared to 2 and 3 (though I never played much of 3). It's hard to play the older games now though because of the clunky UI and horrible loading times, but the gameplay in Sims 4 is frustratingly vanilla and dull. The Cats & Dogs expansion has to be the most useless expansion pack ever released for a Sims game. I hate the pets and am just waiting for all my families' pets to die so they can be pet-free once again. I've been playing a save which I completely emptied and am playing a bunch of families on rotation with different rules, and building every house and community lot myself so that eventually every Sim and every building will be my own thing. I used to never really decorate or think about design choices, it was just whatever was practical and the most expensive/useful, but now I'm focusing on making each house a bit different with its own personality and style.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 12th, 2018, 8:28 am

I’ve been obsessively playing Tropico 4 the last few days. I was up to level 17 on the campaign and I just finished level 20 on my second go. Took me about 12 hours ugh. But this game is really cool and I like it a lot. Now onto the modern times campaign..
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 19th, 2018, 5:38 am

Well, I've now finished the Tropico 4 campaign AND the modern times campaign, now I'm doing the extra missions. I did the third (?) one last night, which has probably been my favourite mission of all of them, as you started off with only one building unlocked and had to research the others. My favourite part of these games is starting from nothing and building yourself up so that one really appealed to me. Hopefully will be starting with Tropico 5 in a week or so.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » December 28th, 2018, 5:10 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/ecs ... s+masters/

gonna wait for couple of year or more until i buy switch but really excited. havent played new mario or mario kart since 64 and none of zeldas but partially the first i think

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » December 28th, 2018, 6:20 pm

My wife expressed interest in Mario Kart to me the other day. However it did not seem strong enough to run out and buy a copy just yet.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » December 28th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Tetris Effect won GOTY on Giant Bomb so I had to see it for myself. It's definitely a masterpiece.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » January 2nd, 2019, 6:47 am

I am still trying to finish spider-man. It's like a superhero version of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Currently at 75%...

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 2nd, 2019, 11:14 am

Resident Evil 2 is probably the first new game I've been excited for in about 5 years.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » January 2nd, 2019, 11:04 pm

It actually looks too stressful for me.

The original was scary enough, now you can be pursued from room to room? :mellow:

[a LION eats GOD. Gunshots ring out. MATT turns around]
MATT: That's the guy I was telling you about.

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 2nd, 2019, 11:20 pm

I thought the same about RE7, but I didn't find it scary at all, and I'm a guy who has this custom category set up on Steam:

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » January 2nd, 2019, 11:48 pm

F.E.A.R. is 95% an action/shooter game but with a few creepy scenes scattered here and there.

I have yet to get past about an hour of Amnesia. :lol: It's amazing how many excuses I'll come up with to justify to myself why I won't just finish it knowing damn well the real reason is that it's too scary.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 4th, 2019, 11:07 am

My housemates and i split the price of Gang Beasts on NYE and were up til 3am that night playing it. We’ve been playing it every couple of nights when bf has a day off. It’s pretty hard, the controls don’t seem to work 100% and against the computer it’s impossible but it’s really fun playing against each other. Worth a buy if you have friends to chill with and play together.

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 13th, 2019, 8:49 pm

A timed(30 min) demo for RE2 is out.

Coryn

Post by Coryn » January 13th, 2019, 9:20 pm

No internet atm.
Time to replay my favorite game again

Portal (l)
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 27th, 2019, 9:30 am

So, anyone playing Raccoon City Confidential?
No my settings are not as bad as it looksShow

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Just finished my 8th playthrough.
Why doesn't every game come with a noir mode?Show

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » January 27th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Wait is there really a noir mode to the RE2 remake?

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » January 27th, 2019, 4:27 pm

It's just an optional screen filter that comes with the Noir outfit, it feels pretty damn perfect though, with trenchcoat Ada and all.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 15th, 2019, 2:52 am

Got my Switch yesterday after months of deliberating. Got Pokémon Let’s Go and Super Mario Odyssey. It was fun to see the Pokémon come to life a bit more after 21 years of playing the games but removing wild Pokémon battles and not updating the Pokémon screeches is a bit lame. Feels like I’m flying through the game and barely having to heal or consider my party at all.

Super Mario Odyssey is pretty fun. Levels are cool and look great, I like the level progression instead of being thrown out of the level once it’s done. Nothing will beat 64 but they do look and feel much nicer. I played two player mode with my boyfriend for a bit and he was the hat, he got bored after a while because he couldn’t do much and described the role as ‘something you give your little brother to play’ but it was fun for me lol.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 26th, 2019, 4:11 am

what's the best website to keep track of video games?

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » February 26th, 2019, 4:31 am

funkybusiness wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 4:11 am
I like HowLongToBeat.com but others may have different opinions

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 14th, 2019, 9:21 am

funkybusiness wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 4:11 am
still using Grouvee, but I guess there are better
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » March 22nd, 2019, 11:35 pm

nvm, i'll create a new thread
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 29th, 2019, 12:43 am

I have been playing an awful lot of Stardew Valley on the switch as I have been flying around a lot on airplanes and the like. It is amazing how easy it is to lose hours at a time playing that game.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 31st, 2019, 1:17 am

Started playing old school Runescape again. It’s such a grindy game that it’s hard to do all over again, even 15 years later, because that grind is embedded in your brain. I still think it’s the best MMO though, especially as combat is my least favourite part of games and I like having so many non-combat skills to mess around with.

I’ve also been considering getting the new Yoshi game for the Switch, and I want the Zelda game and Donkey Kong game too. I was having a look at the shop yesterday and didn’t see Stardew Valley there - I have it on Steam and haven’t played it that much but I feel like it would be more fun and playable on the Switch. But idk if I’d buy it again.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » March 31st, 2019, 2:42 am

Stardew Valley is a download only game on Switch, no physical media exists that I am aware of.

I also have it on Steam and played it a bit on PC, but on Switch I find it way more accessible for some reason.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 6th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Spent the last few weeks playing the last championship in DiRT Rally. Last race and final table:
SpoilerShow
Drove the previous champ'p over TWO YEARS AGO:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1124&p=422820&hilit=rally#p422820

Game completion #319
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 11th, 2019, 10:26 am

So apparently I'm a bit addicted to Runescape again. Man, that game just sucks you in. I'm trying to catch up to my old account but I logged in to see my skills and I had 78 farming and I'm like ommmg I'm lvl 20 again. Sucks, man. I find the new Runescape weird and I'm annoyed it's not really playable because that account has money and high skills. I asked the Lumbridge man the age of my character:

22 July 2004 is when I signed up apparently, and the first time I ever used 'mightysparks'. I'm eligible for the 15 year veteran's cape soon, but I don't even really play that one so that's sad.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 11th, 2019, 11:41 am

After 1.5 years of digging through Xenoblades 2 (and its DLC - which includes a separate, although shorter game), it was time for a gentle breather. Playing Gris now, it's part art project, part game, but all wonderful.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 20th, 2019, 11:31 am

I bought Breath of the Wild and Yoshi's Crafted World today. Breath of the Wild seemed pretty nice so far, didn’t do much coz i got to a snowy area and froze to death but I like it more than the other Zelda games I played (never got more than 30 mins in). I haven’t played any Yoshi games since Yoshi’s Story which I love and so far this Yoshi game is pretty similar in style and gameplay. Not super hard, but cute, nostalgic and fun.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » April 20th, 2019, 4:34 pm

I think the snow thing is the first puzzle where you have to figure out how to craft using the resources available in the greater world to get past it.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Yeah, the snowy bit is there to show you you need to be inventive to make progress.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 21st, 2019, 12:12 am

Yeah I figured that, i just wasn’t in the mood for it at the time. I made a fire but then I wanted to play something else. Sometimes the first time I play a game I just need to dip my toes in to get a feel for it so when the tutorial part is over usually I need a break.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 1st, 2019, 11:01 am

I planned to spend yesterday playing Runescape (which is taking up most of my free time at the moment, it's like I'm 13 again), but the internet was down so I watched a couple of movies and then got bored and decided to play Skyrim. I played about 70 hours on my first character but I started as a warrior, got bored later, was too hard to switch to a mage and then the character was too weak to do anything and I was just stuck. I haven't played it for like 6 years now though I've made a few characters and played for 5 minutes here before getting bored. So I made a new character, a Khajit thief/mage/nightblade type of thing. I'm only right at the beginning of the game but I'm already struggling with the sneaky thiefy one-handy stuff, I basically hid out in the watchtower while everyone else killed the dragon lol.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » May 1st, 2019, 11:41 am

>runescape
don't you pull me back into that! don't you fuggin' dare!

I don't even think I could now, trying to play it at not-dial-up speeds.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » May 1st, 2019, 11:43 am

oh christ I just googled "Runescape". send help

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 1st, 2019, 11:52 am

funkybusiness wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 11:43 am
oh christ I just googled "Runescape". send help
OSRS is life. Praise Jagex. :worship:

Minkin

Post by Minkin » May 1st, 2019, 12:49 pm

I played Classic Runescape (the super old 2D style) back in middle school, and stopped playing when "old school" RS came out - as I didn't like the graphics + it made everything way too easy to level up quickly.

I actually became readdicted this last summer, as my S/O was asking about it, and I found a free private server that had a bunch of neat upgrades thrown in as well! But I had to tear myself away as at some point I realized "wow, you click on this tree 500 times, so you can go click on a different tree 10,000 times!" I could stand the grindfest in middle school, but now I feel like I should be doing something better with my life (which is capitalist BS). But the quests are still a lot of fun, though I've still never done Legend's Quest.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 1st, 2019, 1:39 pm

I started playing in 2004 so that was the Runescape 2 days, didn’t like it when it changed to 3 and stopped playing. I was a quest addict and had about 15 left at that point (and had done Legends). I really like the grind of it, and I actually started thinking about it again when I first started losing weight coz I was comparing losing weight to being in a grindy MMO and my mind went to RS. Hard to start from scratch but I find the game so satisfying. I used to play with my bro and it’s kinda sad playing alone and seeing the worlds so empty — though if anyone ever talks to me I teleport away or change worlds lol.

This is a page I made a long time ago with my old account and it’s kinda funny: https://runescape.wiki/w/User:Mightysparks