Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: La donna del lago, June nominations (May 28th)

What game(s) are you playing now?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

My bf has been looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 for a while, I hadn’t really heard of it but I was keen to check it out today after he bought it (since we share Steam libraries). Played a bit and it seems ok. There are a lot of glitches and awkward controls but I’m keen to see some more of the world and the hacking and stealth parts are fun. Poor boyfriend though just spent 2 hours designing his character only to get into the game and find it changed the beard colour to something awful (weird glitch) and he’s been remaking it for the last half hour :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

CyberPunk 2077: from most awaited to most hated 2020 game... I thought it would be the swan song of my ps4 pro *sigh*... I will wait for Jan/Feb corrective patchs feedback but might have to pass for a while.
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

hurluberlu wrote: December 14th, 2020, 8:32 pm CyberPunk 2077: from most awaited to most hated 2020 game... I thought it would be the swan song of my ps4 pro *sigh*... I will wait for Jan/Feb corrective patchs feedback but might have to pass for a while.
The genital glitch is amazing, but this one has to easily be my favourite

https://twitter.com/BioDomeWithPS/statu ... 6877515778
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

That's a glitch?
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I’ve been playing Cyberpunk nonstop for the last few days and really enjoying it but yea super glitchy. My boyfriend told me it was a massively hyped game and the release date got pushed back so you’d think it would’ve been a little more polished. But meh I’ve only one had one serious bug that stopped me from completing a side mission and I just reloaded and did it again differently.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Funny, it's like making people work overtime for an extended period of time makes them prone to making mistakes. I'm scared that the employees are gonna be blamed for this too.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I don’t think they’re that big a deal, every game has them especially a new release. I looked up one glitch and some idiot was like ‘can’t believe I wasted $$ on this game’ and it’s like fecking chill buddy it hasn’t even been out 24 hours. It’s not like they’re EA level bugs when a game has been out for 6 years and they still haven’t been fixed :rolleyes:

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

The devs have already put up a mea culpa with their plan to address bugs, and said anyone who wants a refund they will help make that happen.

NOTE: I personally have not purchased or played the game yet. There are plenty of other games out there to play, and I already have lots sitting unplayed on the shelf. I will get to it eventually.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Breasts and dicks are clipping through clothes. A Reddit fan optimized it for Ryzen PC's with an official patch in like 2 days. The PS4 and Xbox one versions are playing at like 20 fps. Textures can take like 10 seconds to load. Throwing knives throws melee knives, regardless of how rare they are and you can't pick them up from the floor or bodies.

Both Sony and later on red are now giving refunds. This is a big deal. I will play it but I'm waiting for at least 6 months.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:44 am Throwing knives throws melee knives, regardless of how rare they are and you can't pick them up from the floor or bodies.
Didn't one of the elder scrolls games have a limited number of arrows in the entire game, with no way to replenish them except stealing them from certain NPCs?
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprised. Good thing I'm playing stuff like Alien Logic instead. I'll take dated but engaging and stable gameplay over whatever is going on now with newer games anyday.
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

Delay after delay made it pretty obvious this is a case of the suits saying it had to be a launch title for the new gen consoles/holiday availability. the dumb greed bit them in the ass pretty hard tho.

but yeah, six months from now it will probably be a pretty good game. The Witcher 3 had substantial delays before release, and then also changed quite a bit from release to final expansion. the initial product wasn't this bad tho. but if there's a company that will (eventually) do this right, it's CD Projekt. I mean, they're still putting out updates for Witcher 3. Can you imagine if this was Ubisoft or EA? it'd be half the game, all the bugs, with MTX and they'd never fix any of it.

I do wonder if or how this might change their plans for a GTA Online-clone. They might pivot fully to Witcher:Ciri and hope people forget about the current debacle.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

Yeah I still remember that catastrophic Sim City release that required users connect to their server to play a single player game, then had massive server failures for weeks. And the game engine was also fundamentally flawed to boot.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

funkybusiness wrote: December 15th, 2020, 9:55 am Delay after delay made it pretty obvious this is a case of the suits saying it had to be a launch title for the new gen consoles/holiday availability. the dumb greed bit them in the ass pretty hard tho.
Heard it recouped its cost in just a couple of days time. Don't think they're feeling too bad really.

But yea, games come with glitches (and crashes) nowadays, even on consoles. Ori (Switch) crashed more than once, playing Borderlands now and even that crashes. It's an 11 y/o game :shrug:
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

weirdboy wrote: December 15th, 2020, 10:56 am Yeah I still remember that catastrophic Sim City release that required users connect to their server to play a single player game, then had massive server failures for weeks. And the game engine was also fundamentally flawed to boot.
It's a common tactic of EA: buy a well-respected company like Maxis or Bioware, impose these strange game mechanics into their games, have a disastrous response because of course the ideas were shitty, and then stop the series. For Bioware 2 of the main employees quit, so I guess Dragon Age and Mass Effect are now over. They just bought Codemasters as well so expect the racing games to turn to shit.

Video games in general have gone to shit anyways. I'm sure you can agree with movies, the fact that they are by far better when they are treated as their own artistic medium rather than them copying the standard book model of having that formula set of sympathetic protagaonists, stakes, almost losing at end, but then overcoming it. It now happened with games. I've noticed that even plots in older games treated it as their own medium. Now? They replicating hollywood.

We're in an even worse state now when I'm seeing articles, and my roommate who said that this is her opinion, and the common one, that morality must be black and white, and that if something bad happens they have to explicitly state that it is bad. A new medium replicating another one, and treating their audience like idiots... but I digress.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:54 pm We're in an even worse state now when I'm seeing articles, and my roommate who said that this is her opinion, and the common one, that morality must be black and white, and that if something bad happens they have to explicitly state that it is bad. A new medium replicating another one, and treating their audience like idiots.
Wasn't that some bullshit Polygon/Vox article/opinion piece? I mean, if you read that site, you should know what to expect.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Onderhond wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Pretentious Hipster wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:54 pm We're in an even worse state now when I'm seeing articles, and my roommate who said that this is her opinion, and the common one, that morality must be black and white, and that if something bad happens they have to explicitly state that it is bad. A new medium replicating another one, and treating their audience like idiots.
Wasn't that some bullshit Polygon/Vox article/opinion piece? I mean, if you read that site, you should know what to expect.
It was, but I found out that opinion is much more common than I initially thought. The more arthouse-friendly leftists were making fun of it at least, sarcastically stating that Lolita and American Psycho are gonna have footnotes saying "hey don't do this, doing this is wrong"

It's a very cynical view on life that they think people are that stupid. I have more hope than that for people.

The stakes part was the dumbest thing I've heard in a while though. Hating Link's Awakening because it didn't establish a threatening enough villain. The point of it was to show the sense of adventure and wonder that a child might have.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

There's always going to be people who take a good/sane thing too far. And the internet generally does a bad job at properly exposing support for an idea (because those in support will flock to articles like that, making it seem like it's a widespread idea, while in reality it's usually just a vocal minority). But yeah, once it becomes anchored in cancel culture and get forced upon others through drone-like behavior, it can get pretty annoying.

The underlying truth is that on the web/in the world, there's always someone with some complaint, and the crazier the complaint, the more clicks, interaction and ad revenue for those who publish it. Let's hope most people will catch on and understand it's just one dude's opinion that got a much bigger platform than it deserved.

Unrelated to gaming, but a similar issue was panning out in Belgian social media circles today. There's this feel-good TV show where a dude takes several kids with Down Syndrome on an adventurous vacation. People love it as it's clear the guy really bonds well with these kids, and they're able to conquer some of their fears through his support. Then some dude complains the show's too rosy and doesn't show the hardships of living with a kid that has Down Syndrome, a handful of people agree with him and suddenly half of the Flemish population is fighting over this show :D It's just inconsequential internet drama.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

I should probably keep it in topic though. Did anyone hear about this? I've been using it for a while now and it's a fantastic database

https://exodos.the-eye.us/
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

This is inspiring and an addictive series too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxg89rGlP0s
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Onderhond wrote: December 15th, 2020, 11:11 am
funkybusiness wrote: December 15th, 2020, 9:55 am Delay after delay made it pretty obvious this is a case of the suits saying it had to be a launch title for the new gen consoles/holiday availability. the dumb greed bit them in the ass pretty hard tho.
Heard it recouped its cost in just a couple of days time. Don't think they're feeling too bad really.

But yea, games come with glitches (and crashes) nowadays, even on consoles. Ori (Switch) crashed more than once, playing Borderlands now and even that crashes. It's an 11 y/o game :shrug:
I still play Sims 2 (16 years old) regularly and I don’t even want to go into the number of issues I have to deal with for that one :D

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:52 pm I should probably keep it in topic though. Did anyone hear about this? I've been using it for a while now and it's a fantastic database

https://exodos.the-eye.us/
woah
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

https://archive.org/details/foer-wogr-patched-12-9-20

Finally we have access to 2 of the CDi games remastered. I assume nintendo did a cease and desist for it before, even if those aren't their games.
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

I don't about Cyberpunk 2077 but I just started playing Cyberpunk 2078 and it's pretty great so far.
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: December 17th, 2020, 12:41 pm https://archive.org/details/foer-wogr-patched-12-9-20

Finally we have access to 2 of the CDi games remastered. I assume nintendo did a cease and desist for it before, even if those aren't their games.
Oooh groovy
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

This cyberpunk game is most likely better

https://youtu.be/eXSD8loOBYo
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

Jake Hard :lol:
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

funkybusiness wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:04 pm Jake Hard :lol:
okay yeah there's no way to compete with that one. CP2077 probably has hologram strippers and poor innuendo if Witcher 3's sensibilities are any indication, but I doubt it's got mad max cavemen loops, a disrobing woman who just like, falls off a stairwell, and a "insert next disc" image that looks like a clown.

but from what I've seen of both games, they're about on par with one another in regard to buggy controls.

edit: wait, CP2077 might actually have all those things as well... hmm...especially the random falling lady.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Holy shit this is actually a bigger mess than Fallout 76

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/17/221 ... nds-policy
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I'm about 40 hours into Cyberpunk now and thoroughly enjoying it. Haven't been this into a game in a long time. I play it every spare second I have. I've been trying to take the main missions slow so that I didn't get too far ahead of my boyfriend (as he's been busy with work), but he's been having crashes and some serious bugs even though his computer is better than mine lol. I've had almost no issues aside from some minor visual glitches. So I'm slowly getting further than him anyway, but have mostly been doing side missions but I love exploring the world and the missions are all really fun. I didn't really do much quickhacking on enemies until a few days ago and I LOVE it so that's mostly what I've been focusing on combat/skill-wise. The story/dialogue are a bit meh at times, but the world and gameplay are immersive enough that it's not that big of a deal.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Looks like Cyberpunk save files become corrupted when they exceed 8 MBs.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

When I completed my analysis of the ICMFFF data, I rewarded myself with Railway Empire Complete Collection (GOG is great!, Thanks for the recommend, Peaceful). Don't do much in the way of gift exchanges so I buy what I want, when I can. Also, my preference is more towards building games and if they have maps, I really enjoy them. This is a perfect fit: just my sort of thing. Took a bit to figure it out, but coming along nicely and I have a suspicion I'll play around with this one a lot.
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

I'm definitely waiting out on Cyberpunk 2077 until it's stable, even if it would take years. My 1060 can't handle it anyway.

Recently finished Doom : Eternal and it's such a joy to play, best shooter of the decade in my opinion. That gave me enough reason to play one of the best shooters of the 2000s which is Call of Duty 2 . Almost done with that as well.

Next to that I'm almost done with Team Sonic Racing.

Next up I might give Far Cry 3 a replay, although now I might add ziggy's mod which is supposedly a real improvement.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

Oh how I wish i could play Fable again
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?
sebby

Post by sebby »

Cyberpunk is such a garbage dump. It's just not fun at all to play. Total disaster. I guess I'll try it again in 3 or so years on a PS5 slim.