Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Shorts (Results), 2007 (Nov 22nd), 1932 awards (Nov 24th), Knockout competition (Round 3)
Challenges: Noir, Unofficial, Korean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Saenghwalui balgyeon, December nominations (Nov 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 preparation (Nov 28th)
Film Festival: Main Slate, International, English-Language Independents, Documentaries, Arthouse, Animation, LGBT, Just Before Dawn (Dec 2nd)

Concerts

AdamH
Site Admin

Concerts

Post by AdamH » April 11th, 2013, 9:32 am

You know that you can't sit at a computer during the gig? tehe

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 11th, 2013, 9:37 am

I have been to concerts before :angry:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » April 11th, 2013, 10:07 am

Haven't been to one for months. Last one was Noel Gallagher at Edinburgh Castle last July. Can't wait for The National gig.

Edit: should that be "the The National gig". Doesn't sound right. <_<
Last edited by AdamH on April 11th, 2013, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 11th, 2013, 10:10 am

The last one I went to was in 2009 :P Not many bands I like play here (or are alive) and the one I saw then was an Australian band anyway. Seeing Midge Ure in a couple of weeks and then I've got lots of stuff to look forward to in the UK :D
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » April 17th, 2013, 5:09 pm

so I just discovered Songkick. which probably everyone else did 5 years ago. anyway it's a v.handy site for tracking when bands announce gigs, etc., you list locations where you'd go and add all the bands/people you'd like to see and then it'll update you when they announce things.

thought I'd mention in case anyone else is slow like me & always finds out their favourite band played nearby last month and you didn't hear about it. I've already spotted a chance to see Meat Puppets which I've been waiting years for :woot:

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » April 17th, 2013, 7:29 pm

I bought my tickets for Black Sabbath's concert in Paris next december last friday. Cost me 70 euro, but I know it'll be worth it.

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » April 20th, 2013, 1:22 pm

My best experience so far has been seeing ISIS in Oslo.

Going to Rome last week in July, will catch Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Ippodromo delle Capannelle while I'm there. Bringing someone who has never been to a concert before. Should be fun!

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » April 20th, 2013, 1:31 pm

I've never seen uncle Neil :(

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » April 20th, 2013, 1:35 pm

He's coming to my local town as well, so might catch him twice!

Chilton

Post by Chilton » April 26th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Thinking about going to day 1 of the Werchter Festival. The line-up sounds amazing so far:
Balthazar, Jessie Ware, Bloc Party, Jamie Lidell, Green Day, Vampire Weekend, Sigur Ros and The National :woot: Especially those last three :wub:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 27th, 2013, 2:16 am

I'm seeing Midge Ure tonight :) It's not really a 'concert', as it's just at a hotel, but still, it's fecking Midge Ure!

It's sad that I have to see all my favourite artists when they're so old, but if he even sounds half as good as this I'll still be jizzing in my pants:

Timec

Post by Timec » May 8th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Just found out that The National is coming to Salt Lake!

And tickets are only $5!

:party:
Last edited by Timec on May 8th, 2013, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » May 8th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Timec on May 8 2013, 01:48:57 PM wrote:Just found out that The National is coming to Salt Lake!

And tickets are only $5!

:party:
:thumbsup:

I found out that Frightened Rabbit are supporting The National in some of their gigs later this year. That would be amazing to see.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 13th, 2013, 2:52 pm

OMD concert tonight! Got VIP stuff going on in a few mins - sound check, meet and greet, photo - and the concert later! :woot:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 13th, 2013, 5:23 pm

I haven't met many famous people, but these guys are the nicest ones I've met. I didn't even feel nervous when I started talking to them :) looking forward to the concert later, I am in the middle of the first row - right in front of the mic! Looks like it's going to be awesome, though the light effects are a bit blinding.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » June 11th, 2013, 7:33 am

Going to see Mark Knopfler tonight, my guess is that it'll be awesome as usual.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 11th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Goddamn it: http://www.songkick.com/concerts/170007 ... ily_digest

I already bought tickets to see them in November, and now they tempt me with this.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » June 11th, 2013, 4:58 pm

better to have too many opportunities than none at all! Local Natives are quite good too, saw them a couple years ago.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 11th, 2013, 5:05 pm

I made a promise with myself that I wasn't going to buy anything I didn't need until I get my first paycheck. And the first thing I want to buy is a Nintendo 3DS and the new Animal Crossing game. MUST RESIST.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 12th, 2013, 9:08 am

Wow, I went to the site to check for tickets. They went on sale 7 minutes ago:

Your current position in the queue is 2824. :satstunned:

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » June 15th, 2013, 6:17 am

Went to The National gig. Great. Great. Great.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to the new album because of the holiday but was nice to hear the songs for the first time. Also, as it was a free gig, there were obviously not just big fans there but can't complain (I mean it was obvious in terms of atmosphere in the crowd).

They played About Today. So happy about that. Mr. November was another highlight. As was Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks. Very glad I went.

On a different note, I thought it would be simple enough to get to and from the gig. That didn't work out well...

Had to get a lift to the station and then a train to Toronto and a walk to Dundas Square. Easy (though I did have to queue for a train ticket and caught the only train I could get by less than ten minutes. The gig lasted about an hour and a half. Was happy as I wasn't sure if it would be shorter as it was free. I then got back to the station before 11. Turned out there was no train until 11:43. The station seemed kind of busy for 11pm. And it seemed particularly busy with girls. A few minutes later and I could barely move in the station (it isn't a small station). I soon realised there had been a Taylor Swift concert that night...

Nobody knew what platform the train would get in at so we all stood about waiting; waiting in the knowledge that it was far from guaranteed that everyone would get on the train. I hovered around near platform nine as that is where I had got the last one back go Oakville. Suddenly, everyone started to move as the platform had come up on the board but only people near the boards knew what platform it was at. Someone yelled platform nine so a bunch of people, including me, ran there. Turned out to be a lie.

In the end I somehow managed to get on the train. Took ages to get back and got a lift home luckily as my other cousin had been working and got back at about 1am.

Should add that it is my cousin's wedding tomorrow, hence the urgency for me to get home.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 15th, 2013, 8:08 am

Damn, that sounds like a pain. I was worried that something would go wrong when I went up to Newcastle, but public transport here is amazing. Sounds a bit unorganised over there though :/

Didn't buy tickets for the concert in a couple weeks, I'll just wait for November. Wish it would hurry up though.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 15th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Apparently the concert in November goes for 5 hours :satstunned: http://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on ... bxPiJyPzON That's a long damn concert.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 15th, 2013, 1:35 pm

mightysparks on Jun 15 2013, 06:27:51 AM wrote:Apparently the concert in November goes for 5 hours :satstunned: http://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on ... bxPiJyPzON That's a long damn concert.
How many bands?

Two years ago I was at a concert of Transatlantic. Over 4 hours, just one band. Amazing! :woot:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 15th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I guess they have a supporting band, but otherwise it's just them.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 21st, 2013, 5:45 am

Thinking about seeing Riff Raff at the end of July. Lil B probably won't come here so I might have to settle for an inferior troll.

My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » June 21st, 2013, 5:53 am

http://www.boomtownrats.co.uk/see-the-r ... -tour.html

The Boomtown Rats are doing a UK tour.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 28th, 2013, 1:12 am

1 week until bluesfest:

July 4th: Femi Kuti MAYBE (If his music is like his dad's)
July 6th: Neko Case MAYBE, Belle & Sebastian MAYBE (I can only take so much of them, so twee it's not even funny), Sharon Van Etten
July 7th: Wu-Tang Clan
July 10th: Killer Mike + El-P some of it being Run The Jewels (fuck Animal Collective), my brother might make me go to Solange with him
July 13th: Death Grips, Bjork

http://ottawabluesfest.ca/lineup/grid/?date=2013-07-04 if you guys see anyone that I should look into just tell me
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Daviddoes

Post by Daviddoes » June 28th, 2013, 3:22 am

Dan Deacon is a lot of fun, I've seen him three times. He's playing on the 10th
Spoiler: click to toggleShow

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Really meh from these 2 videos and some more on youtube. Probably won't see him unless I wanna waste some time.

I'm actually really worried about seeing Death Grips live. They will probably play some songs off their newest album and that was a piece of shit. For a band so dependent on being energetic, stripping down their music like that was such a bad idea. Another problem is that the drummer is quite a showoff. This is hip hop learn to restrain yourself. Also I fucking hate their fanbase. I'm gonna have to be around people like this:

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 7th, 2013, 4:36 am

Belle and Sebastian was just :yucky: way too cutesy to the point that you wanna vomit. I felt like hurting everyone there too looking indie/quirky as hell. Sharon Van Etten's concert was pretty much the same as when I saw her last year except for like 2 new songs but there was nothing with that.
Last edited by XxXApathy420XxX on July 7th, 2013, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 16th, 2013, 7:58 pm

OMG: http://www.songkick.com/concerts/174052 ... NTY0OTA%3D

I HAVE TO GO. EVERYTHING AWESOME HAPPENS IN LONDON AND I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Daviddoes

Post by Daviddoes » July 17th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Just bought tickets for my brother and I to see my favorite band Man Man Oct. 1 in San Fransisco.

SanderO

Post by SanderO » July 18th, 2013, 7:46 am

mightysparks on Jul 16 2013, 01:58:25 PM wrote:OMG: http://www.songkick.com/concerts/174052 ... NTY0OTA%3D

I HAVE TO GO. EVERYTHING AWESOME HAPPENS IN LONDON AND I LOVE THIS PLACE.
I've got tickets to see Eels in Caprera, a lovely open air venue located in the dunes near me.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » July 18th, 2013, 7:53 am

very pretty! Eels playing a venue on my street in August, but I'm kinda broke so probably won't make it :( Have seen them 2 or 3 times before though.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 18th, 2013, 8:01 am

Looks like I won't be able to go anyway :( I'm sure they'll be back! I'm so used to thinking that if something is on that I want to see, it'll be the only chance to see them ever because that's what it's like in Perth.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » July 18th, 2013, 8:06 am

yeah eels play pretty often in UK. usually tour at least every other year.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » July 18th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Coeur de Pirate is coming to town (finally - she was never touring when I was in France) and I am going to try to see The Postal Service relatively soon also (they were not touring when I got into them but two weeks after I bought their CD, Death Cab for Cutie was playing a show in my town, so I saw them).

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 24th, 2013, 1:42 pm

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 26th, 2013, 9:52 pm

So, this is exciting and pleasing. I've so far seen 2 of my top 8 most listened to bands on Lastfm live (not 'top 8 favourite' coz it'd be slightly different, although most of them would be in there), 2 of them are dead and I will be seeing 2 more in November!

Depeche Mode are having another tour in November or something, but I kind of need to hold onto the money for now, so maybe next time. I don't even know if ELO still tour (coz they're not together anymore, I think). But I hope so, coz I just watched this and got chills:

WTF HE SOUNDS BETTER LIVE. JEFF LYNNE FTW.

There are some Travelling Wlibury's songs on a DVD at work and I've been kind of obsessed with his voice lately. I already loved his voice anyway, but jesus christ his voice is seriously amazing.