Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)
World Cup S4: Manager sign-up

Concerts

SanderO

Concerts

Post by SanderO » August 9th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Going to try and get tickets for a surprise show Prince is giving this Sunday. Sale starts in 15 minutes, wish me luck :)

Edit:Got stuck in a queue and apparently the tickets were sold out within minutes. Dagnabbit!
Last edited by SanderO on August 9th, 2013, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 4th, 2014, 9:59 pm

OMG!!! :woot:
AYREON IS GOING TO DO THREE SHOWS NEXT YEAR!!! :circle:

Info here
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mimurph1

Post by mimurph1 » July 5th, 2014, 4:22 am

have a softspot for circa survive, seeing them on monday

sad i missed first aid kit when i visited minnesota a few weeks ago

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » July 12th, 2014, 1:16 pm

just scored a free ticket to see Neil Young today, have wanted to see him for years. today is a good day :D (supported by The National, which'll probably make more folk here jealous).

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 12th, 2014, 6:14 pm

brokenface on Jul 12 2014, 07:16:01 AM wrote:just scored a free ticket to see Neil Young today, have wanted to see him for years. today is a good day :D (supported by The National, which'll probably make more folk here jealous).

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » October 25th, 2014, 6:41 pm

I just bought tickets for the Ayreon-concert in September next year. :banana:
This is so special!! In all those years Ayreon never performed live, this is the first time. Three shows in one weekend, only in The Netherlands. I'm so excited!! :circle:
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 10th, 2016, 7:54 am

I'm going to Anathema tonight! :woot:

I'll be at work the whole day and won't be home in between. See you guys tomorrow.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 11th, 2016, 10:44 am

joachimt on Nov 10 2016, 12:54:21 AM wrote:I'm going to Anathema tonight! :woot:
Unfortunately I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. After my wife and kids had been ill in the past week, so I had very little sleep several nights, I hardly had any energy left. So I was standing in the middle just a few meters away from the stage, lovely spot, but when the first song started I was starting to feel nauseous. The first song started with a drum computer and the base drum was just too much. So I went out after two minutes. After taking a breath, I went to the balcony, to get a place with less people around me. I was able to stand straight for three songs, but then it was too much again. I just couldn't keep standing up. So I ended up sitting in the back on the ground. I couldn't see anything, so I just closed my eyes and listened. Ah well, the podium presentation of Anathema isn't all that important anyway. They're more a band to listen to than to look at. The music was great, of course!
ICM-profile

HVM

Post by HVM » November 29th, 2016, 12:15 am

I have seen Tina Karol live this evening. I'm bad with dealing with expectations but all in all I had a good time. Tina has such a powerful voice and she's simply stunning IRL (and she doo).
She could have talked more (and I don't believe I heard "Prague" even once :hmph: ) and she could have acknowledged her band way earlier than she did but as the evening progressed more and more people sang along (as requested from the outset) and when she sang the final encore "Ukraine is you" I commited an act of cultural appropriation and sang and clapped like there was no tomorrow.

Almost like today (Tina didn't bring the dancers with her).

(l)
1918 - 100 - 2018

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » February 12th, 2017, 11:22 pm

Finally going to a concert after a few years. Seeing Ghost Bath. I am REALLY surprised that they are actually the cheesy kind of black metal groups, because the biggest complaint they get about their sound is that it's the shoegazy, post-rock black metal hipster garbage. Seriously expected them to just be a bunch of hipsters too. TERRIBLE music videos too that completely ruin the atmosphere of the music.

"Our cowardice to succumb to the ultimate release of death in suicide leaves us ambling the paths of gravesites at night. And the reflection of the moon guides us so. Isolation, longing, darkness, the night, and coming to terms with an extreme form of introversion would best describe the ideas behind Moonlover.

This mixture of beauty and pain is something we've embraced since day one." - "Nameless"

My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge » February 13th, 2017, 1:21 am

Ettinauer226XL on Feb 12 2017, 04:22:55 PM wrote:Finally going to a concert after a few years. Seeing Ghost Bath. I am REALLY surprised that they are actually the cheesy kind of black metal groups, because the biggest complaint they get about their sound is that it's the shoegazy, post-rock black metal hipster garbage. Seriously expected them to just be a bunch of hipsters too. TERRIBLE music videos too that completely ruin the atmosphere of the music.

"Our cowardice to succumb to the ultimate release of death in suicide leaves us ambling the paths of gravesites at night. And the reflection of the moon guides us so. Isolation, longing, darkness, the night, and coming to terms with an extreme form of introversion would best describe the ideas behind Moonlover.

This mixture of beauty and pain is something we've embraced since day one." - "Nameless"
Don't really Care for the screaming so much but the rest is v good. Kind of a cool post rock sound.

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge » February 13th, 2017, 1:24 am

Concert wise hoping to see Thundercat next month, just got to sort out the time for it.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 10th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Going to Devin Townsend tonight. Two support acts:
Between the buried and me
Leprous :woot:

Leprous was the reason for me to buy the ticket. Devin Townsend is just a bonus. ^_^
ICM-profile

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » March 10th, 2017, 11:22 pm

XxXApathy420XxX on Feb 12 2017, 04:22:55 PM wrote:Finally going to a concert after a few years. Seeing Ghost Bath. I am REALLY surprised that they are actually the cheesy kind of black metal groups, because the biggest complaint they get about their sound is that it's the shoegazy, post-rock black metal hipster garbage. Seriously expected them to just be a bunch of hipsters too. TERRIBLE music videos too that completely ruin the atmosphere of the music.

how was it, kinda would like to see them too
only remember their hit song, golden number which video is like nu-metal of blackgaze but like the song anyway

Perturbator & Carpenter Brut are coming in april, might go to see em

Peste Noire and Diamanda Galas in may

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » March 11th, 2017, 3:46 am

Their new single is awful, but I can see you enjoying their concert. Moonlover is a great album.

That being said, going to a depressive black metal concert in my condition was a terrible idea.
Last edited by XxXApathy420XxX on March 11th, 2017, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 11th, 2017, 10:28 am

Devin was awesome. He's so much fun on stage!

The only downside of the evening was that Leprous was the first band. They were my favorite band of the evening, but they only could play for 30 minutes.

Leprous got more response from the audience than Between the Buried and Me. Don't know if that means Leprous is more popular by now or that it's just a matter of BtBaM playing incomprehensible music. I like challenging music, but this sounded like a mess to me. One idea after another with too little coherence.
ICM-profile

monty

Post by monty » March 11th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Do you wear earplugs when attending concerts, J?

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 11th, 2017, 2:52 pm

monty on Mar 11 2017, 06:39:43 AM wrote:Do you wear earplugs when attending concerts, J?
No. I tried once, but hated it.
In my experience the volume is lower than it was common 15 years ago. I also don't go to concerts very often, so I'm not too concerned.
Btw, most concerts I go to are not that loud at all, because I mostly go to prog. I think this was the loudest I've ever been to.

Well, in my memory Queensrÿche in 1994 was the loudest, but that was my first big concert ever, so it made a bigger impression.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » April 2nd, 2017, 3:39 pm

Going to The Neal Morse Band tonight!! :woot:
ICM-profile

HVM

Post by HVM » April 26th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Chelsea's playing here tonight.
1918 - 100 - 2018

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 10th, 2017, 12:57 pm

I'm really hesitating to buy a ticket to the concert of Leprous in November. A few months back I saw them as opening act before Devin Townsend. It was awesome, but unfortunately they only played for 30 minutes, because they were the first of three bands. In November they'll be in the Netherlands as headliner, but they'll bring three (!) supporting acts. I'm afraid they won't play longer than maybe an hour and a quarter or something like that. With three supporting acts and time in between them, how much time can there be left?

I really don't like concerts with more than one supporting act. :(
ICM-profile

Per_Niel

Post by Per_Niel » June 13th, 2017, 11:56 am

Saw Goblin on saturday and Chelsea Wolfe yesterday. Been some great last couple of days!
Last edited by Per_Niel on June 13th, 2017, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » June 17th, 2017, 7:54 pm

Been to the Friday of Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium, which was awesome. (Unfortunately couldn't stay for the whole festival due to other circumstances, so I missed, among others, Gojira, ADTR, Code Orange, Rob Zombie, Monster Magnet)

Despite Rammstein putting up the same show and song list as last year when I first saw them, they were still the fervid zenith of the year for me so far.

Sepultura and Epica were also great, Emperor was okay, and I was less into the remaining two bands (Dee Snider, Europe) I had seen.
Last edited by Carmel1379 on June 17th, 2017, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 12th, 2017, 8:43 pm

joachimt on Jun 10 2017, 06:57:27 AM wrote:I'm really hesitating to buy a ticket to the concert of Leprous in November. A few months back I saw them as opening act before Devin Townsend. It was awesome, but unfortunately they only played for 30 minutes, because they were the first of three bands. In November they'll be in the Netherlands as headliner, but they'll bring three (!) supporting acts. I'm afraid they won't play longer than maybe an hour and a quarter or something like that. With three supporting acts and time in between them, how much time can there be left?

I really don't like concerts with more than one supporting act. :(
Fuck it. I've been listening to this concert the last couple of days and I really want to see them live for more than 30 minutes, so I just bought a ticket.

ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 15th, 2017, 7:49 am

Going to see Ayreon tonight!!
Really special evening. The first full Ayreon concert ever! :woot:
(not counting the musical version of The Human Equation)
ICM-profile

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » October 24th, 2017, 7:47 am

I attended a concert by Mogwai yesterday night. What a fantastic performance !!!
I usually enjoy this band, but it's an altogether different experience when they're live.
Spoiler: click to toggleShow

tourdesb

Post by tourdesb » October 24th, 2017, 1:29 pm

cinephage on Oct 24 2017, 01:47:15 AM wrote:I attended a concert by Mogwai yesterday night. What a fantastic performance !!!
I usually enjoy this band, but it's an altogether different experience when they're live.
Saw them at the Olympia a few years ago.
That was a great night. My ears died a little that day though.

The next gigs I'm attending are : The Rolling Stones, The War on Drugs, Alice Cooper, Randy Newman and Roger Waters.
Image Image Image

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 2nd, 2017, 7:36 pm

This was last night. Can you spot me? :)
https://www.facebook.com/leprousband/ph ... =3&theater
ICM-profile

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » November 3rd, 2017, 11:27 am

I'd say you're the guy wearing a black shirt on the first row, on the bottom right corner ?

Next concert for me:

albajos

Post by albajos » November 3rd, 2017, 12:27 pm

International:
Joe Cocker
Gorillaz (in 2 days - 5/11/17)
Level 42
Portishead
The Prodigy
Robbie Williams

And a selection of mini-concerts from
Modern Talking (only Thomas Anders)
Bananarama
Kim Wilde
Rick Astley
Twisted Sister (only Dee Snider)
Nik Kershaw
Limahl
Samantha Fox
Sabrina
TNT
Ole I`Dole
Pelle Parafin
Rune Rudberg
The Kids (only Dag Ingebrigsten)
Return (only Knut Erik Østgård)
Lars Kilevold
Anita Hegerland
NordicShow
Bo Kaspers orkester
Björk
NorwegianShow
Åge Aleksandersen med Sambandet
Ole Edvard Antonsen
Bel Canto
Bretton Woods
Donkeyboy
Folk & røvere
Marius Müller
The National Bank
Penthouse Playboys
Poor Rich Ones
Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band
Kari Svendsen
Jahn Teigen
Vazelina bilopphøggers
Bertine Zetlitz
There's more, but these are the first I could think of.
Last edited by albajos on November 13th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 3rd, 2017, 1:19 pm

clemmetarey on Nov 3 2017, 05:27:56 AM wrote:I'd say you're the guy wearing a black shirt on the first row, on the bottom right corner ?
Well, at least you've got the color of my shirt correct. :lol:
I was on the front of the balcony, so I'm not entirely sure myself which guy there I am. I like to stand near the stage and was early, so I could have, but Leprous isn't famous for their great interaction. So I chose the best few of the complete stage from the balcony. The light show was amazing and the performance fantastic. Had a marvelous time!
ICM-profile

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » November 3rd, 2017, 3:43 pm

joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 07:19:49 AM wrote:
clemmetarey on Nov 3 2017, 05:27:56 AM wrote:I'd say you're the guy wearing a black shirt on the first row, on the bottom right corner ?
I was on the front of the balcony, so I'm not entirely sure myself which guy there I am. I like to stand near the stage and was early, so I could have, but Leprous isn't famous for their great interaction. So I chose the best few of the complete stage from the balcony. The light show was amazing and the performance fantastic. Had a marvelous time!
You didn't made it easy for us did you? :D

Leprous is one of the few prog band I like, I wouldn't mind seeing them live one day. Maybe not paying a ticket just for them, but on a festival sure.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 3rd, 2017, 3:57 pm

clemmetarey on Nov 3 2017, 09:43:17 AM wrote:
joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 07:19:49 AM wrote:

Leprous is one of the few prog band I like, I wouldn't mind seeing them live one day. Maybe not paying a ticket just for them, but on a festival sure.
This was a second time I saw them. First time they were playing as support of Devin Townsend. So then I got two of my favorite acts + Between the Buried and Me for only 25 euro. Not that much in my opinion. This time I even got four bands for only 18 euro. Fair enough, the supports were not that great, but at least fun.

Speaking of costs, I can't imagine they even make a little money from this. First band 3 musicians, second band 7 musicians, third band 4 musicians and Leprous 6 musicians. The bands came from Norway, Iceland and Australia with also a substitute from Denmark and a substitute from Russia. Add to that the crew, the equipment, the rent of the venue and the people working there. How much money can be left that way? The venue could have 975 people, but it wasn't sold out. My guess is there were about 700-800 people. So that's around 13500 euro incoming money. There won't be a lot left for each musician, especially not for the support acts.

The can make some extra money with merchandise. I wanted to buy a shirt or sweater afterwards, but the corridor with the wardrobe and merchandise was so crowded that I could hardly get through and I wanted to catch the train.
ICM-profile

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » November 3rd, 2017, 4:59 pm

joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 09:57:59 AM wrote:
clemmetarey on Nov 3 2017, 09:43:17 AM wrote:
joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 07:19:49 AM wrote:Well, at least you've got the color of my shirt correct. :lol:

This was a second time I saw them. First time they were playing as support of Devin Townsend. So then I got two of my favorite acts + Between the Buried and Me for only 25 euro. Not that much in my opinion. This time I even got four bands for only 18 euro. Fair enough, the supports were not that great, but at least fun.

Speaking of costs, I can't imagine they even make a little money from this. First band 3 musicians, second band 7 musicians, third band 4 musicians and Leprous 6 musicians. The bands came from Norway, Iceland and Australia with also a substitute from Denmark and a substitute from Russia. Add to that the crew, the equipment, the rent of the venue and the people working there. How much money can be left that way? The venue could have 975 people, but it wasn't sold out. My guess is there were about 700-800 people. So that's around 13500 euro incoming money. There won't be a lot left for each musician, especially not for the support acts.

The can make some extra money with merchandise. I wanted to buy a shirt or sweater afterwards, but the corridor with the wardrobe and merchandise was so crowded that I could hardly get through and I wanted to catch the train.
It isn't much, but even if each band made 1000 euros, it's still find for one night (The venue also gets money from the bar). And as you mentioned the corridor with the merch was crowded, so we can imagine they sold quite a bit.

Also there's 33 dates on this tour, and all 4 bands are playing all shows, so in the end I think even the supporting acts makes something worth being away from home for 5 weeks.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 3rd, 2017, 5:22 pm

I should rephrase: The corridor was crowded with a long row for the wardrobe.

But yeah, maybe it's not that bad if a band manages to sell between 500 and 1000 tickets each night. A band like Leprous could hopefully live from their music by now.
ICM-profile

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » November 3rd, 2017, 5:22 pm

master's hammer
nifelheim
deströyer 666
bölzer
havukruunu

would be here this weekend but dont have enough money :/

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge » November 5th, 2017, 12:18 am

Thinking about going to see Depeche Mode in a couple of weeks. Expensive though and in a big arena, I don't really like arena gigs. Very tempted though.

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » November 5th, 2017, 12:48 am

joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 11:22:00 AM wrote:I should rephrase: The corridor was crowded with a long row for the wardrobe.

But yeah, maybe it's not that bad if a band manages to sell between 500 and 1000 tickets each night. A band like Leprous could hopefully live from their music by now.
Oh I see. Still, as you say, if they bring 500 people every night all over Europe, it seems likely they can from their music.
nimimerkillinen on Nov 3 2017, 11:22:31 AM wrote:master's hammer
nifelheim
deströyer 666
bölzer
havukruunu

would be here this weekend but dont have enough money :/
Solid line up, Nifelheim is great live, a shame you can't go :/

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » November 5th, 2017, 1:53 am

My upcoming short holiday. Going to a concert in Oslo, then two in Stockholm. So ready for this!

16th:
17th:
18th:
Last edited by Nopros on November 5th, 2017, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » November 5th, 2017, 3:14 am

Nopros on Nov 4 2017, 07:53:22 PM wrote:My upcoming short holiday. Going to a concert in Oslo, then two in Stockholm. So ready for this!

16th:
17th:
18th:
I dunno who any of these are... :unsure:
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage