Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Drive a Crooked Road, July nominations (Jun 25th)

Do you think Big Bang Theory is...

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice »

They are kinda alike except Community doesn't have Zach Braff and for that it is automatically the better show.
brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface »

and Scrubs lacks Alison Brie :whistling:

but still in terms of the meta-ness & humour it's pretty reminiscent to me. And you can almost line up the characters: Troy & Abed is JD & Turk, unfunny blonde girl is unfunny blonde girl, Chevy Chase is the grumpy old doc whose name I forget, Chang is the much inferior version of the Janitor.
Last edited by brokenface on February 20th, 2013, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

But Chang is the worst character in Community and Janitor is the best in Scrubs :'( And Chevy is awesome and Dr Cox is lame. What are you smokin' broken?
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface »

mightysparks on Feb 20 2013, 10:43:02 AM wrote:But Chang is the worst character in Community and Janitor is the best in Scrubs :'( And Chevy is awesome and Dr Cox is lame. What are you smokin' broken?
yes Chang is shit, which is why I said 'much inferior'. but he basically acts as the Janitor in how he exists outside the main group & adds weirdness.

And I didn't mean Dr Cox but the other guy..(imdbs it...) Dr. Kelso.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Oh, that guy. He's lame too. Meh. I always saw JD/Turk in Abed/Troy, but I don't really think the others match up that well. Comedies should never go for more than a few seasons though, the characters always become caricatures and everything starts to get annoying and repetitive.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Mulholland

Post by Mulholland »

mightysparks on Feb 20 2013, 10:51:05 AM wrote:Oh, that guy. He's lame too. Meh. I always saw JD/Turk in Abed/Troy, but I don't really think the others match up that well. Comedies should never go for more than a few seasons though, the characters always become caricatures and everything starts to get annoying and repetitive.
Kind of like how Modern Family went after Season 1.

30 Rock went that way for two seasons until they decided to end it properly... then it got really good again.
VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice »

mightysparks on Feb 20 2013, 10:43:02 AM wrote:But Chang is the worst character in Community and Janitor is the best in Scrubs :'( And Chevy is awesome and Dr Cox is lame. What are you smokin' broken?
You just trashed the only two characters I can even stand on Scrubs (well, those two and Bob Kelso). I guess Turk is fine, too.

Nevermind, read that wrong.

Chang rules though
Last edited by VincentPrice on February 20th, 2013, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

VincentPrice on Feb 20 2013, 10:54:23 AM wrote:
You just trashed the only two characters I can even stand on Scrubs (well, those two and Bob Kelso). I guess Turk is fine, too.

Nevermind, read that wrong.

Chang rules though
I only kept watching for the Janitor, I didn't really like anyone else :P

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice »

The Janitor's dislike for JD always made me smile.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

My favourite bit was when JD was confronting him about seeing his penis. I still watch it regularly and die laughing every time.