Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Iberian (Results), Musicals (Dec 15th), 1952 awards (Dec 21st), 2006 (Dec 23rd), Directors (Dec 31st)
Challenges: Forum Lists, Documentary, Canada
World Cup: Round 2 schedule, Match 2H (Dec 16th), R3 preparation (Dec 30th)
Film of the Week: The Silent Partner

Reality-TV Lounge

nimimerkillinen

Reality-TV Lounge

Post by nimimerkillinen » December 6th, 2018, 9:59 am

what are you watching?
really enjoyed The Circle from this year https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8430234/reference
kind of like black mirror meets big brother. everyone is at their own apartment and contact others via messaging and profile pictures. naturally some catfishing
has great twists and season but not chilling light black mirror :P

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 6th, 2018, 11:23 am

I'm not a fan of reality TV but that kinda sounds interesting.. I haven't watched it for a few years, but I do like Big Brother, specifically the UK one. It's annoying because it's a great idea but they try to add so much fake drama it becomes boring and stupid, but I usually find something to like about it. Enough to make this wiki to rank everything lol: http://bbrankings.wikidot.com/ Goddamn stupid photobucket's watermark but I'll move them to a different host eventually.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » December 6th, 2018, 11:53 am

mightysparks wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:23 am
I'm not a fan of reality TV but that kinda sounds interesting.. I haven't watched it for a few years, but I do like Big Brother, specifically the UK one. It's annoying because it's a great idea but they try to add so much fake drama it becomes boring and stupid, but I usually find something to like about it. Enough to make this wiki to rank everything lol: http://bbrankings.wikidot.com/ Goddamn stupid photobucket's watermark but I'll move them to a different host eventually.
only downside is the hosts (too rehersed lines for my taste) but they are just on first two episodes besides some comments
i like uk bb too, watched first and second or second & third when they aired and s7 when it was new ...watched it actually straightaway again after it finished, liked it so much. then picked it up again maybe 2016 and been looking most of both regular (which i prefer) and celebrity versions, celebrity versions tho 2/3 ive not finished when someone i liked to most / was essential part of it left.
seen only shannon elizabeth season of usa bb, not bad but didnt like it and tried newest season of canadian version i guess the editing style wasnt for my taste. maybe will try australian version at some point, heard some good things about it and have seen two newest seasons of survivor which were very much worth watching if one is into survivor imo (new zeland wasnt imo but saw just one or two episodes)

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » December 6th, 2018, 11:55 am

oh and this year been starting to go through bbuk from season 5, halfway trough, phew, nice one too

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 6th, 2018, 5:40 pm

I used to watch a lot more, but these days it's mostly the occasional food show or dance competition. The food shows are a big part of how I learned to cook. The dance shows can be fun and are my primary exposure to live performance art, but they're getting to the stage where there's too much not dancing and not enough dancing. About the only one I still like is World of Dance.