Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Horror (Results), 1957 (Nov 13th), 1994 awards (Nov 25th), Iberian (Nov 30th), Musicals (Dec 15th)
Challenges: Noir, Nordic, Criterion+MoC
World Cup: Round 2 schedule, Match 2F (Nov 18th), Match 2G (Dec 2nd)
Film of the Week: The Suspect
Film Festival: Main slate, English-Language Independents, International I-IV, Arthouse, Just before dawn, Animation, LGBT, Documentaries, Shorts (Nov 27th)

Concerts

joachimt
Donator

Concerts

Post by joachimt » November 5th, 2017, 8:50 am

clemmetarey on Nov 4 2017, 06:48:14 PM wrote:
joachimt on Nov 3 2017, 11:22:00 AM wrote:I should rephrase: The corridor was crowded with a long row for the wardrobe.

But yeah, maybe it's not that bad if a band manages to sell between 500 and 1000 tickets each night. A band like Leprous could hopefully live from their music by now.
Oh I see. Still, as you say, if they bring 500 people every night all over Europe, it seems likely they can from their music.
I'm glad with that. They totally deserve it. Not enough young bands get a chance to get big. Most of the big bands are all in their 50's or something like that so it'd time for new ones to take over the main stages. This is one of the bands that totally deserves to play for a couple of thousand by now. Their stuff is waaay better than anything Dream Theater did in the past 10 years (and this is coming from a DT-fan!) and it's even more accessible to non-progmetal-fans, so they could get a wider audience.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » November 11th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Knaldskalle on Nov 4 2017, 09:14:33 PM wrote:
Nopros on Nov 4 2017, 07:53:22 PM wrote:My upcoming short holiday. Going to a concert in Oslo, then two in Stockholm. So ready for this!
I dunno who any of these are... :unsure:
Just saw your reply.

November 16th: Joey Bada$$. New York based hip hop. Has still yet to release a better album than his first mixtape 1999 from 2012. Here's a tune from his most recent album.

November 17th: Freddie Gibbs. Amazingly skilled rapper, can rap over literally any beat. Most known for his collab album Pinata with Madlib a few years back. So many amazing songs I could posts, but here's a clip of one of his live performances in Paris. His breath control is stunning. Verse starts at around 25 seconds.

November 18th: The Kooks. British pop rock/indie rock. Catchy tunes. I hadn't really listened to them in several years when I first bought the tickets, but they bring out a lot of nistalgic feelings in me.

Last edited by Nopros on November 11th, 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 16th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Going out tonight to the concert (release party) of Robby Valentine. Going alone, because I really don't know anyone who likes this music. :lol:

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » June 16th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Saw Coven (the 60s band) the other day, wasn't bad

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 16th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Seeing Iceage in a week. Although their newest album was the weakest I am still excited.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Tumblr | RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » July 27th, 2018, 5:14 am

Just got back from Radiohead, in Pittsburgh. Thom and the band were fucking perfect. "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Paranoid Android" in the encore, very cool. The set list seemed surprisingly light on songs from their most recent album (A Moon Shaped Pool).
Last edited by GruesomeTwosome on July 27th, 2018, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I thrive best hermit-style.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 27th, 2018, 7:27 am

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 5:14 am
Just got back from Radiohead, in Pittsburgh. Thom and the band were fucking perfect. "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Paranoid Android" in the encore, very cool. The set list was surprising light on songs from their most recent album (A Moon Shaped Pool).
Oh my god. I've seen them live twice (three times if you count Thom & Jonny alone), and have never got to hear Fake Plastic Trees. I hate you.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

Post by 1859 » July 27th, 2018, 9:26 am

:wub:

Did they play 2+2 though? My fav song to listen to live.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » July 27th, 2018, 5:47 pm

@ flaiky: Hehe. I guess I was pretty lucky last night. 😁

@ 1859: No, "2+2=5" wasn't played unfortunately.

This was the setlist last night:

Daydreaming
Ful Stop
15 Step
Airbag
Morning Bell
The Gloaming
Pyramid Song
The Daily Mail
Climbing Up the Walls
Let Down
Bloom
Separator
I Might Be Wrong
Nude
The Numbers
The National Anthem
Idioteque

Encore:
Spectre
A Wolf at the Door
Bodysnatchers
Feral
Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2:
Present Tense
Paranoid Android
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 27th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Ah see that's the thing, they're one of those bands with so many amazing songs that you're inevitably going to be left wanting. I see you're missing Karma Police as well, which is just sublime live. Singing "For a minute there, I lost myself" over and over with thousands of other people...goosebumps just thinking about it.

They seem to love playing Let Down live, which always confuses me a bit as I consider it mid/lower-tier Radiohead.
Let the ashes fly

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » July 27th, 2018, 6:50 pm

flaiky wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 6:37 pm
Ah see that's the thing, they're one of those bands with so many amazing songs that you're inevitably going to be left wanting. I see you're missing Karma Police as well, which is just sublime live. Singing "For a minute there, I lost myself" over and over with thousands of other people...goosebumps just thinking about it.

They seem to love playing Let Down live, which always confuses me a bit as I consider it mid/lower-tier Radiohead.
Yeah I was hoping for "Karma Police" as part of the encores, but I can't complain with what we got. "Idioteque" might have been my favorite of the show, so fun when Thom starts frantically hopping around when the "Ice age coming, ice age coming!" part comes. And it was funny when he introduced "Spectre", the rejected song intended for that James Bond movie. He said something like, "This one we wrote for a Bond movie...they didn't really like it" in a very deadpan way. 😂

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Post by 1859 » August 4th, 2018, 4:56 pm

I fucked up my own little bit of a festival season.:c I was supposed to attend 2nd day of OFF Festival, I got my ticket, my main goal was to see John Maus finally, after pretty much 9 years of having it on my list of things to do in life. Sooo I was really excited, and what? Exactly week before the show, his brother, who playes bass, died. Rest of the tour was cancelled and I support this decision, obviously.
Other than Maus I was planning to see only Wednesday Campanella, but it wasn't enough for me to justify 6 hours train ride, and I generally lost my enthusiasm.
But today I checked out the band that will take Maus' space and it's pretty awesome actually. Here, Bo Ningen
But I already sold my ticket.

Duh.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » August 5th, 2018, 5:54 am

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 6:36 pm
Seeing Iceage in a week. Although their newest album was the weakest I am still excited.
how were they? will hopefully see them september
ariel pink is coming too (other date) hopefully will see them
paavoharju ja terry riley would play today at festival but price is high af and im poor

got ticket to first two days of:

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » August 5th, 2018, 6:20 am

1859 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 4:56 pm
I fucked up my own little bit of a festival season.:c I was supposed to attend 2nd day of OFF Festival, I got my ticket, my main goal was to see John Maus finally, after pretty much 9 years of having it on my list of things to do in life. Sooo I was really excited, and what? Exactly week before the show, his brother, who playes bass, died. Rest of the tour was cancelled and I support this decision, obviously.
Other than Maus I was planning to see only Wednesday Campanella, but it wasn't enough for me to justify 6 hours train ride, and I generally lost my enthusiasm.
But today I checked out the band that will take Maus' space and it's pretty awesome actually. Here, Bo Ningen
But I already sold my ticket.

Duh.
saw bo ningen 2011 and they were great
haven't listened to their two latest albums but this is pretty nice video

Cocoa
Donator

Post by Cocoa » August 6th, 2018, 2:54 pm

Went to Lollapalooza yesterday. Lykke Li is amazing live :wub:

Earlier in the summer I attended the following concerts: Brandi Carlile; Tracyanne & Danny (Tracyanne is/was the lead in Camera Obscura); and KT Tunstall (she was on tour with the Barenaked Ladies but I left before they performed). The only concert I have remaining to go to this summer is Culture Club and the B-52s.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » September 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Tonight

IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr, blog
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

Chilton

Post by Chilton » September 8th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Carmel1379 wrote:
September 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm
Tonight

Oh snap, you saw them in the AB in Brussels? I wanted to go see them in Berlin, but was too late to buy tickets. :(

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » September 9th, 2018, 2:19 am

Chilton wrote:
September 8th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Carmel1379 wrote:
September 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm
Tonight

Oh snap, you saw them in the AB in Brussels? I wanted to go see them in Berlin, but was too late to buy tickets. :(
Aye aye. It was amazing, live it's all on a whole next level.

Too bad you didn't get to go yourself. :( Next time beware with getting tickets in time!
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr, blog
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 16th, 2018, 7:46 am

I went to see Pain of Salvation yesterday. It was great to see them (or actually "him, and the few others he has around him now") back at their old level again. The new album has a quality that equals the old ones. And the style is a now a nice mix of old POS and later changes. The new songs worked really well live, with lots of contrasts between very loud and very fragile: one of the things I love about POS.

The concert had a good mix of new and old songs. They even played three songs from their debut album One Hour by the Concrete Lake, which they normally ignore. This time they ignored Road Salt One and Road Salt Two, the album with which they lost a lot of fans. One girl on the balcony shouted early in the show "Play Sisters", upon which 50 guys below turned around towards here and shouted "NO!". After that she shut up. :lol:

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » November 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm

This week was a first for me as I went to concerts on both Monday and Tuesday night.

First one:
Aborted / Benighted / Cytotoxin / Cryptopsy

I sadly couldn't get there in time so I missed Cytotoxin. I had already seen Benighted last year but it was great seeing them again, although their set was a bit short. Cryptopsy was really good as well, reminded me I should pay more attention to them. Finally, Aborted played and had some of the best lightning effects I've seen. Who would have thought neon-like lightning would work so well with brutal death?

The sound was near perfect for them and all the bands before, but that's usually the case in this venue. I also went to Benighted merch table and got myself a tee-shirt. The singer was there so I also bought a CD and had him sign it. :)

Second one:
Anaal Nathrakh / Point Mort

Anaal Nathrakh has been my favorite band for a few years now and this was one of their first concert in France in years so I was really impatient. I didn't know Point Mort before last night, can't say I really liked what I heard but it was fine to get in the mood. When I got in I obviously went to Anaal Nathrakh merch table and found the guitarist there (Anaal Nathrakh is a duo that uses a drum program on CD and real musicians for live performance by the way). I got a tee-shirt and made him sign my ticket, so at this point I was a bit starstruck.
The concert was fantastic, the guitars were buried in the mix sadly. After the way too short concert I got a beer and hanged out in the bar a bit (the concert was taking place in a room inside a regular bar where people gathered to watch the champions league). About 15 to 20 minutes after the end, the singer came out of the room so I also got him to sign my ticket (and also their live bass player), while I mumbled a few thank you for coming. I was pretty much ecstatic going home, my hand didn't leave the pocket where my ticket were. :P

So yeah I had two awesome nights. Has anyone else ''meet'' musicians you like?

flaiky

Post by flaiky » November 7th, 2018, 4:50 pm

clemmetarey wrote:
November 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm
So yeah I had two awesome nights. Has anyone else ''meet'' musicians you like?
I met Pete Doherty after a Libertines gig when I was 16. My friend managed to snap a picture of him kissing me and you can see the coke all over his nostrils. lol, so predictable.

I also met Noel Gallagher, though not intentionally - I think we were waiting to meet The Coral and he came out with them. I don't actually like him or Oasis but he's one of the bigger celebs I've encountered IRL.

Glad you had an exciting night!
Let the ashes fly