Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Which countries have you visited? And which one is your favorite?

Eva_L

Which countries have you visited? And which one is your favo

Post by Eva_L » August 18th, 2013, 10:32 pm

I live in Belgium and I've been to the Netherlands, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Greece, Italy, Poland, Croatia, Turkey, UK, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. I think that's it.

I want to go to South America some day, and the US. And New Zealand! And Asia. I basically want to go everywhere but I don't have the time or the money.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » May 1st, 2014, 4:27 pm

double post
Last edited by Mario Gaborović on September 4th, 2014, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkilledLunatic

Post by SkilledLunatic » May 1st, 2014, 6:35 pm

I've been to Portugal (everywhere), The Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, England, France, Áustria, Vatican City, Andorra, Spain, Switzerland. I've also traveled quite a bit in Brazil, it's almost like traveling trough a whole continent :D
I loved Portugal, Belgium & Netherlands, Austria and London.
Last edited by SkilledLunatic on May 1st, 2014, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » May 30th, 2014, 6:10 pm

• The Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Luxembourg
  • France
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Vatican City
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Russia
  • USA
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

CMT

Post by CMT » May 31st, 2014, 5:36 am

Australia. I went out of the state once by crossing the bridge.

Wonderful Rainbow

Post by Wonderful Rainbow » May 31st, 2014, 9:28 am

I live in Latvia and I've been to Estonia, Lithuania, Germany, Norway (Oslo), Sweden (Stockholm), Belgium (Brussels & Bruges), UK, and France + Poland and the Netherlands just passing through.
France has to be my favourite - went on a trip there with my girlfriend, we hitchhiked for 25 days from Paris to the ocean, down to the Pyrenees, east to the Mediterranean and then back to Paris. Returned there in March, guess what, we just had to hitchhike again :D

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 31st, 2014, 7:54 pm

I Live in the United Arab Emirates. Been to: Austria, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, China (Mainland, Macau + Hong Kong), Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Oman, Egypt and the United States (California, Nevada, New Jersey, New York).

All the countries I've been to have all been very different, depends a lot of the circumstances and the area your staying in as well. In terms of the natural landscape, I really loved the United Kingdom AND Austria For the people and the variety of things to do - Australia and The United States have been the best. In terms of culture, what springs to mind is Thailand and Egypt - great people and great history.

There are so many places I still want to go to though. New Zealand, France and India are on the very top of my lists. I'd love to revisit The Netherlands again (considering I was 4 at the time), now that I'm 18 tehe .

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » June 1st, 2014, 2:57 am

Nuclearplanet on May 31 2014, 01:54:08 PM wrote:I Live in the United Arab Emirates. Been to: Austria, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, China (Mainland, Macau + Hong Kong), Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Oman, Egypt and the United States (California, Nevada, New Jersey, New York).

All the countries I've been to have all been very different, depends a lot of the circumstances and the area your staying in as well. In terms of the natural landscape, I really loved the United Kingdom AND Austria For the people and the variety of things to do - Australia and The United States have been the best. In terms of culture, what springs to mind is Thailand and Egypt - great people and great history.

There are so many places I still want to go to though. New Zealand, France and India are on the very top of my lists. I'd love to revisit The Netherlands again (considering I was 4 at the time), now that I'm 18 tehe .
I recommend that you move then.
Top 300 | https://rateyourmusic.com/~Dolwphin

Member of the Experimental Mafia.

SkilledLunatic

Post by SkilledLunatic » June 1st, 2014, 3:24 am

Dolwphin on May 31 2014, 08:57:50 PM wrote:
Nuclearplanet on May 31 2014, 01:54:08 PM wrote:I Live in the United Arab Emirates. Been to: Austria, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, China (Mainland, Macau + Hong Kong), Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Oman, Egypt and the United States (California, Nevada, New Jersey, New York).

Spoiler: click to toggleShow

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » June 1st, 2014, 4:36 pm

SkilledLunatic on May 31 2014, 09:24:15 PM wrote:
Dolwphin on May 31 2014, 08:57:50 PM wrote:

Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Dolwphin, what makes you say that?
Last edited by Nuclearplanet on June 1st, 2014, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 4th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Lammetje on May 30 2014, 12:10:50 PM wrote:
  • The Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Luxembourg
  • France
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Vatican City
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Russia
  • USA
I am proud to add Iceland to my list. It was truly spectacular! :)

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » September 4th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Slovenia (almost everywhere but mostly West)
Croatia (a few smaller cities on the coast)
Montenegro (several towns on the coast and shortly in Podgorica)
Hungary (Szeged thrice shortly)
Greece (Kerkyra, Thessaloniki, Paralia, Meteori and few villages as well)
Albania (Tirana, Shkoder, Sarande)
Italy (Trieste, Gorizia)
Norway (one month in Kongsvinger, two days in Oslo)
Sweden (one night in Gothenburg, Karlstad shortly)

I stepped out of a bus in Germany (supermarket) and Macedonia (to visit a monument) but I don't count that.

LarsC

Post by LarsC » September 5th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Mario Gaborović on Sep 4 2014, 03:48:27 PM wrote: Norway (one month in Kongsvinger, two days in Oslo)
Kongsvinger? wtf?
Are you a spy? :ph43r:

I've visited:
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • France
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Italy
  • Vatican state
  • Cabo Verde
  • Turkey
  • Cyprus
  • Japan
Need to travel more. Have been to Japan twice but have only been to Tokyo and most of the Okinawa islands. I'm planning a trip to USA but need to get a drivers license first, too many weird places I need to get to so I need to drive a car. And I need to go to Korea, Nepal, Taiwan and Hong Kong. If the drivers license takes too long I'll probably do the asian countries first.

Princess Consuela

Post by Princess Consuela » September 6th, 2014, 4:12 am

I live in Australia and as of last week, i've visited every state!
Also been to:
-Fiji
-Finland (Lived there for 12 months, been to quite a lot of cities!)
-France
-Sweden
-Norway
-The Netherlands
-Estonia
-Italy
-Monaco
-Denmark
-Austria
-Germany
-Belgium

I am going on a bigger Europe trip next year, I was really keen to go to Japan on the way but I don't think its gonna happen :( That's my next stop though! And probably visiting south east Asia in the same trip. Then I would really love to visit New Zealand and hopefully the States too!

I love Finland the most, and I also love Denmark! I am very keen to visit Spain in my next trip, I will going to the La tomatina festival!

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » September 6th, 2014, 7:39 am

Monty Python liked Finland too..
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » September 6th, 2014, 12:33 pm

LarsC on Sep 5 2014, 02:56:22 PM wrote:
Mario Gaborović on Sep 4 2014, 03:48:27 PM wrote: Norway (one month in Kongsvinger, two days in Oslo)
Kongsvinger? wtf?
Are you a spy? :ph43r:
No, actually a friend of mine who originates from Kosovo tried to get asylum there, but he was eventually refused and deported. However he spent three years there, and I went to visit him during January/February of 2010.

I was introduced to a Norwegian family who rented their apartment to him. So this guy named Trond prepared a dinner for me with shrimps (he hunted himself in the Glomma river) and some sort of Norwegian schnapps made out of potato, which should not be tasted but swallowed immediately (I didn't know that at the time so it was kinda bitter experience). :D Later he served elk's meat with a wine.
They have like 6 different car brand representative shops there in a town of 12,000 people, which I find cool. Elks walk down the roads as usual. Entering a pub at Saturday costs 15 Euros, and another 7 EUR for a 0.5 beer. The cigarettes were 10 EUR. In comparison, alcohol in Serbia cost 7 times and cigarettes were 9 times cheaper. On top of that, paying for entrance is rather rare (mostly at fancier places), and certainly not in every shack you got into.
The only thing which was not expensive was clothes - the price was just the same like in Serbia.
Last edited by Mario Gaborović on September 6th, 2014, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiimstacey

Post by hiimstacey » September 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm

This thread makes me sad as I am yet to leave the UK. Here I've been all around South Wales (obviously) and quite a few places in England. But I really wanna go to Egypt, Thailand, Albania, Norway, Japan, France, Italy and Australia. One day...

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 7th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Lammetje on Sep 4 2014, 01:55:01 PM wrote:
  • The Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Luxembourg
  • France
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Vatican City
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Russia
  • USA
I got back yesterday from a holiday in France. Here's my updated list, now in alphabetical order:
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • United States of America
  • Vatican City
Last edited by Lammetje on September 7th, 2015, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » September 7th, 2015, 4:33 pm

Lammetje on Sep 7 2015, 10:28:14 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Sep 4 2014, 01:55:01 PM wrote:
  • The Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Luxembourg
  • France
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Vatican City
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Russia
  • USA
I got back yesterday from a holiday in France. Here's my updated list, now in alphabetical order:
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • United States of America
  • Vatican City
Still not the UK ;)
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 7th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Cippenham on Sep 7 2015, 10:33:03 AM wrote:Still not the UK ;)
Still haven't gotten around to it. :(

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » September 7th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Belgium, Germany, Poland, Austria, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, France, Switzerland, Czech Republic (don't remember much) and I guess I passed the Netherlands on some occasion.

I can't tell which one is my "favourite" since when I visit a country I visit a place (usually a city or "familiar" place I can stay at) in that country, which is too insignificant(?) (and in which I spend not a lot of time) to judge the country as a whole.
Another thing is the different state of mind I've been at the time I have been in those countries, which (along with not well remembering the given place, or being in multiple places in one country and having different stances concerning each of them) adds to the difficulty to answer that second question.
Anything can be considered and felt (in retrospect or not) as both good, bad or other, and in probably almost everything one can find/there are good, bad and other factors. Nevertheless, I guess I can say that I like(d) Warsaw, Vilnius, Vienna, Riga and Paris in particular.

To a certain extent I guess I'm interested in visiting every place in every country I (have or) haven't been to.
I'm probably going to visit (and possibly move to/live in) the UK at some point. And to give some substantial answer I'll say I want to visit Japan, Iceland, Antarctica, China and U$A. I don't think that's a substantial answer though.
IMDb, letterboxd
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Well here he is skidded out onto the Zone like a planchette on a Ouija board, and what shows up inside the empty circle in his brain might string together into a message, might not, he'll just have to see.

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 27th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Armoreska on Apr 17 2013, 02:07:18 AM wrote:How come you all travel so much :(

last time I was out of the city was 7 years ago and the only places I've ever gone to are Egypt, Turkey, Slovakia, Russia and Crimea with the latter a winner
+ Georgia (Saqartvelo)

one thing I remember the best is a Take Five graffiti stamp on some Soviet building in center Tbilisi. also saw one for Erich Maria Remarque. also, if you stray from the street, you might wind up in some ruin.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » February 27th, 2016, 10:30 pm

1. Denmark
2. Sweden
3. Czech Republic
4. Germany
5. Finland

I'm cheating a bit with the last two, but technically I have been there.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 27th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Dolwphin on Feb 27 2016, 03:30:59 PM wrote:1. Denmark
2. Sweden
3. Czech Republic
4. Germany
5. Finland

Technically? You mean you crossed the border with one foot?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 27th, 2016, 11:48 pm

Lived in the United States, South Africa, and Japan. Traveled in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Namibia, Swaziland. Seen the tarmac in Cote d'Ivoire.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 27th, 2016, 11:59 pm

wow that's all over the Earth, except Europe
Last edited by Armoreska on February 28th, 2016, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2016, 12:01 am

Yeah, that trip was cancelled due to poor health. Now I refuse to fly, so ...

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2016, 12:03 am

xianjiro on Feb 27 2016, 05:01:48 PM wrote:Yeah, that trip was cancelled due to poor health. Now I refuse to fly, so ...
thus, the train.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2016, 12:23 am

So, do tell, who offers train service between N America and Europe these days? Hell, where's a good steamer when you need one!

sol can find me here

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2016, 12:26 am

I was referring to your avatar. It is, as far as I can tell, not a plane.

...now that I really give a good look, is it a train? or some sort of cyberpunk switchblade?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2016, 12:36 am

No, you were right the first time - it is a train. Maybe even a maglev and I think in a bigger version it says "DB" on the front. I didn't create the original artwork though... and don't know, at this point, who did.

Attachments:

sol can find me here

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » February 28th, 2016, 4:44 am

joachimt on Feb 27 2016, 04:02:38 PM wrote:
Dolwphin on Feb 27 2016, 03:30:59 PM wrote:1. Denmark
2. Sweden
3. Czech Republic
4. Germany
5. Finland

Technically? You mean you crossed the border with one foot?
Technically meaning being at sea belong to an autonomous Island which belongs to Finland. ;)

George Bailey

Post by George Bailey » August 8th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Now let's add Serbia, Spain, Iceland, France, Costa Rica and USA to that list .D

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 9th, 2016, 6:19 am

George Bailey on Aug 8 2016, 04:11:53 PM wrote:Now let's add Serbia, Spain, Iceland, France, Costa Rica and USA to that list .D
Welcome back, George! :thumbsup:

albajos

Post by albajos » August 9th, 2016, 10:57 am

Is there some way to link to my map on tripadvisor?

Anyway, from North to South:
Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Germany, The Netherlands, United Kingdom (England), Ukraine, Hungary, Rwanda, Tanzania.

(Not counting airports, or trains that just passed through).

The only places I want to go are Iceland and Japan
Last edited by albajos on August 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 9th, 2016, 11:03 am

Ukraine - Kiev?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

albajos

Post by albajos » August 9th, 2016, 11:10 am

Kyiv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Zaporizhia, Lviv (so quite a few)

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 9th, 2016, 11:29 am

Cool, that's me in one of them. Can't imagine there's much to see here :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » August 9th, 2016, 11:34 am

cinephage on Dec 11 2012, 04:52:56 AM wrote:The USA (I'd love to return there soon, I really love this out of scale country), Italy, Belgium, England, Greece, Scotland, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Ukraine, Romania, Germany, Czech Republic, Morocco, South Corea, South Africa (and I'd love to return there)...

I wish I could spend some time in Brasil, India, Thailand, Canada, and New Zealand.

But my next destination will probably be Spain, which is not so bad (I'd love to see the Alhambra).

And of course I know my country (France) pretty well, from Cannes to Alsace to Biarritz or Britanny, and never get tired of it (so many old castles and churches to discover)...
Well, since then I've been to Spain twice (and visited the Alhambra :wub: ), I visited Canada (only Montreal so I'll have to return sometimes) and was in NY and LA for a while.

I would still like to spend some time in Brasil, India, Thailand and New Zealand, even though my next trip will be to Mexico.

albajos

Post by albajos » August 9th, 2016, 11:45 am

Armoreska on Aug 9 2016, 05:29:36 AM wrote:Cool, that's me in one of them. Can't imagine there's much to see here :D
Well, the first time I was in Ukraine I sat in the film club jury at Molodist Kyiv Film Festival, so at least I had some movies to see :)