Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Which countries have you visited? And which one is your favorite?

George Bailey

Which countries have you visited? And which one is your favo

Post by George Bailey » December 11th, 2012, 10:47 am

I've been in Denmark, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Czech Republic and Italy. It's hard to say which is my favorite but I love Denmark, Czech Republic and Italy.

So, which countries have you been in, which is your favorite, and which countries would you like to visit?

Would love to visit Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Paraguay, Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Slovenia, France, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Serbia, Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Botswana, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Japan and Iran... Many countries :)
Last edited by George Bailey on December 11th, 2012, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 11th, 2012, 10:48 am

England, Scotland, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands and France. England and Scotland ftw!
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Pain

Post by Pain » December 11th, 2012, 10:52 am

Never left my country B)

rokp

Post by rokp » December 11th, 2012, 10:58 am

Croatia, Italy, Austria, Greece, England. I think I would go for Greece as my favorite, though I wasn't too impressed with any of them. I hope I'll go to Japan sometime...

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 11th, 2012, 11:00 am

I've been in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, England, France, Spain, Swiss, Austria, Italy, Denmark (only passing through), Norway.

And outside Europe only Costa Rica and Nicaragua (with a change of planes in NYC).

I like France, because I like camping. I like Norway for the scenery (I love hiking). Costa Rica and Nicaragua was an unforgettable experience: climbing vulcano's, hiking in the rain forest, sleeping at an Indian village and travelling Lake Nicaragua by boat. My favorite place was Solentiname, a group of a few hundred islands in that lake.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 11th, 2012, 11:18 am

France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, USA, Australia, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Portugal Greece, Italy, Finland, Wales, and I liked most of them but for different reasons.
Last edited by Cippenham on December 11th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » December 11th, 2012, 11:23 am

Leaving out countries I only visited an airport, but counting countries I only spend half a day or so. :P :

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Turkey, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales), United States (about 20 states), Vatican City.

I love :wub: visiting new countries, but I'm always glad when I return home (Netherlands). Guess friends and family are more important than the country. If I had to choose a favorite country for vacation it would probably be Norway. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive though.
Last edited by jvv on December 11th, 2012, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 11th, 2012, 11:25 am

I'm hoping I'll get to visit more countries when I move. Everywhere else is too far away from Australia, all those countries I visited were only visited last year :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » December 11th, 2012, 11:52 am

The USA (I'd love to return there soon, I really love this our of scale country), Italy, Belgium, England, Greece, Scotland, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Ukraine, Romania, Germany, Czech Republic, Morocco, South Corea, South Africa (and I'd love to return there)...

I wish I could spend some time in Brasil, India, Thailand, Canada, and New Zealand.

But my next destination will probably be Spain, which is not so bad (I'd love to see the Alhambra).

And of course I know my country (France) pretty well, from Cannes to Alsace to Biarritz or Britanny, and never get tired of it (so many old castles and churches to discover)...

SanderO

Post by SanderO » December 11th, 2012, 12:52 pm

I've been to Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, England, Wales, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Slovakia, Czech republic, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Egypt, Morocco, Venezuela, Curacao, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States and Canada.

For culture/city-trips my favorites are Rome, Prague and Ljubljana. For nature it's Iceland and Costa Rica, radically different but both gorgeous.

As for my future plans, next year I'm going to South-America in February/March to visit Chili, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador (incl. Galapagos). And after that..hmm....probably St. Petersburg for a short trip and "somewhere in Asia" for a longer trip. I usually end up deciding where to go on silly things like a coin toss or where the cheapest flight goes to. Wherever you go there are almost always beautiful things to be seen and experienced. Except Wales. Wales is extremely boring after the first 5 minutes unless you like rugby, rain and/or poorly dressed fat people.
Last edited by SanderO on December 11th, 2012, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » December 11th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Not too many: everywhere in UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Canada, USA. Oh and Vatican City :P

I'd say Canada & Italy my favourites.

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » December 11th, 2012, 1:57 pm

From Norway and been to Sweden, Denmark, lots of places in the UK, Netherlands, Hungary, China, Thailand and Laos. Favorite is Laos and least favorite is Newcastle, England.

Next destination is probably India to visit friends, Belgium for the Belgium GP or USA to take my parents to see the Grand Canyon, something my mom has wanted since she was a child.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » December 11th, 2012, 2:17 pm

I've never been outside Europe, most "exotic" would probably be Malta and Turkey, but been to many European countries, favorite country - Switzerland, favorite cities - Barcelona and Stockholm. Would love to visit Japan.

George Bailey

Post by George Bailey » December 11th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Favorite cities:
1. Prague, Czech Republic
2. Copenhagen, Denmark
3. Venezia, Italy
4. Berlin, Germany
5. Verona, Italy

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » December 11th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Prague and Venice are really cool, that's true.

George Bailey

Post by George Bailey » December 11th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I might go to Verona this week again :)

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » December 11th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Been to:
Mexico, Hungary, England, Wales, France, Canada, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Monaco

Want to go:
Australia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Israel, Egypt, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic, Scotland, The Netherlands, Sweden, and maybe somewhere in Asia someday

Want to revisit: France & Italy

edit: Forgot Hungary
Last edited by allisoncm on December 15th, 2012, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

insomnia

Post by insomnia » December 12th, 2012, 1:07 am

Been to: England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain (and Mallorca, Menorca if you count them seperately), Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Egypt, China, US, Luxembourg, Vatican, I also don't remember if I've ever been to Austria or Switzerland when I went skiing but it's possible.

Lived in: Belgium, Iceland

Want to go: Iran, Indonesia, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Peru, Canada, more I can't think of right now.

Also sailed on a sailboat from the north of The Netherlands back to Belgium once.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » December 12th, 2012, 1:44 am

Hm, let's try this, then. Been to:

Austria
Canada
England
Germany
Iceland (just the airport)
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Mexico
Netherlands
Russia (Soviet Union)
Scotland
Spain
Switzerland
Ukraine
United States!
Uzbekistan
Wales

Wish I could list more!

Most dazzlingly exotic experience: Uzbekistan
Destination that has meant the most to me: Russia

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » December 12th, 2012, 9:18 am

Oh yes, my favorite is France. Vive la France!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » December 12th, 2012, 9:52 am

Sweden, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Greece, Poland, China and of course the US.

China is the place I dream of returning to. It's a different world, not a different country. Or at least it used to be.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

leyenda

Post by leyenda » December 14th, 2012, 1:26 am

Australia, Austria, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Malta, Morocco, New Zealand, Spain, UK, USA.

Couldn't pick a favourite, have enjoyed them all in some way :)

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 14th, 2012, 2:40 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 11 2012, 06:44:03 PM wrote:Hm, let's try this, then. Been to:

Austria
Canada
England
Germany
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Mexico
Netherlands
Russia (Soviet Union)
Scotland
Spain
Switzerland
Ukraine
United States!
Uzbekistan
Wales

Wish I could list more!

at first I read that x in exotic as an r :lol:
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » December 15th, 2012, 1:03 am

Cippenham on Dec 13 2012, 07:40:13 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 11 2012, 06:44:03 PM wrote:Hm, let's try this, then. Been to:

Austria
Canada
England
Germany
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Mexico
Netherlands
Russia (Soviet Union)
Scotland
Spain
Switzerland
Ukraine
United States!
Uzbekistan
Wales

Wish I could list more!

at first I read that x in exotic as an r :lol:
No, that would be closer to Kazakhstan for me (such beautiful women!! -- forget Borat!!). tehe

Innocuous Bird

Post by Innocuous Bird » December 15th, 2012, 4:03 am

:( Only two for me: Philippines and the US. The Philippines makes me claustrophobic, but I love the culture (that goes the same for anywhere else though).

sheikofhyrule

Post by sheikofhyrule » December 24th, 2012, 6:41 am

I'm just a stupid American who does not have a lot of more and/or time off, so three if you include the United States. The other two: Canada (Toronto) when I was a teenager and Mexico (Now Sapphire resort near Cancun) for my younger sister's wedding two years ago.

I liked the amusement park, Canada's Wonderland, but that was also twenty years ago and I liked the resort but that was the only place we went to in Mexico.

I love tennis so making a run at the Grand Slams: Melbourne, Paris, London and New York City would be awesome. And of course I would not pass up a chance to go to Antarctica.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » December 24th, 2012, 6:56 am

Yeah, Americans never have enough time off. That is why I quit my job two years ago and now I have a dozen part-time jobs, just so I can take off if I need to.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 24th, 2012, 7:31 am

Australians usually have plenty of time off, but are too far away to bother leaving the country. Most Australians only ever leave the country to visit Bali. A lot of people I went to highschool with go to Bali every damn month.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » December 24th, 2012, 7:51 am

mightysparks on Dec 24 2012, 12:31:28 AM wrote: A lot of people I went to highschool with go to Bali every damn month.
:lol:

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » December 24th, 2012, 2:48 pm

sheikofhyrule on Dec 23 2012, 11:41:14 PM wrote:I'm just a stupid American who does not have a lot of more and/or time off, so three if you include the United States. The other two: Canada (Toronto) when I was a teenager and Mexico (Now Sapphire resort near Cancun) for my younger sister's wedding two years ago.

I liked the amusement park, Canada's Wonderland, but that was also twenty years ago and I liked the resort but that was the only place we went to in Mexico.

I love tennis so making a run at the Grand Slams: Melbourne, Paris, London and New York City would be awesome. And of course I would not pass up a chance to go to Antarctica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2dM#t=238s

Even drunk on a bet you make it to Canada! :D

NoodlesPupkin

Post by NoodlesPupkin » December 26th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Been in Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Serbia, Macedonia, and the best one yet Japan (mainly Tokyo). Also Paris is a favorite, Tokyo and Paris.
Last edited by NoodlesPupkin on December 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » December 26th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Norway, Denmark, Sweden, France and Spain.

Of course France is my favorite, I've been there 8 times. (l)

NoodlesPupkin

Post by NoodlesPupkin » December 26th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Nopros on Dec 26 2012, 07:55:46 AM wrote:Norway
No kidding ;)

burneyfan
Donator

Post by burneyfan » December 26th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Roughly in order of the sum of time I've spent there (longest first, principalities included, hee hee): Spain, Japan, France, Canada, Italy, Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, Slovak Republic, Monaco, Vatican City, Andorra, Belgium, Austria.

In some alternate universe, I still live and work in Barcelona. (This parallel existence probably wouldn't include Mr. burneyfan, though, so I'm staying put in New England.)

Naqin

Post by Naqin » December 26th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Been to Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic. Europe's pretty small. Also had the chance to visit the US, Egypt, South Africa (& Swaziland) and India. Those last two were pretty impressive especially :)

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » December 26th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Lived in Norway for 7 years and from there went where the biochemical congresses were: Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, England. Passed through en route: Greece, Wales (where we visited the world's only leech farm - not my first choice, but.) Strange to think that, though French is my best language, I've never been to France except the Nice airport.
visited my inlaws after they retired to the Canary Islands (part of Spain).

Have lived the rest of my life in the US, and visited Canada maybe 10 times.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » December 28th, 2012, 4:32 pm

I live in Norway, and have been to Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, the UK, Germany, France, Austria, Hungary, Russia, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Tunisia, Egypt, USA and the Bahamas. About half of them more than once.

Tunisia was probably the most fun :)

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » March 13th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Scotland, England, Spain, France, South Africa. Also sat on a bus in Italy for about ten minutes but that doesn't really count for much. South Africa was the last time I was abroad (2005) and was the best. We had a link-up with a school in a township.

Next on the list: USA and Canada.

Timec

Post by Timec » March 13th, 2013, 5:18 pm

I've lived in:

United States (most of my life)
Israel (4 months)
Russia (2 years)

I've visited:

Canada, Mexico, England, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland, The Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Egypt, Jordan, India, Nepal

Special cases:
Liechtenstein (rode through it on a train; got out briefly at the train station)
Slovakia ("")
South Korea (spent about 3 hours riding a train and wandering around Seoul during a layover)

Favorites/places I would like to spend a lot more time: Germany, Nepal, Norway
Would like to visit: Well, pretty much everywhere I haven't already been. But highest priorities are some of the South American countries (particularly Peru and Chile), southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia), and Japan
Last edited by Timec on March 13th, 2013, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 17th, 2013, 8:07 am

How come you all travel so much :(

last time I was out of the city was 7 years ago and the only places I've ever gone to are Egypt, Turkey, Slovakia, Russia and Crimea with the latter a winner
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo