Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

The Off-Topic Lounge

mightysparks
Site Admin

Re: The Off-Topic Lounge

Post by mightysparks » September 6th, 2020, 6:43 pm

I don’t usually follow the news or care or whatever but for some reason I read about the ship that capsized in the typhoons and have been anxiously awaiting updates. I just find the whole thing really sad. Saw an article today with a photo of a dead cow floating in the water and nearly made me cry :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 8th, 2020, 1:56 pm

I now have almost-full access to my medical records except the classified stuff. 2 days before I tried to killed myself I was in the emergency because I couldn't stop laughing for like 2 hours. The hospital yelled at me and told me to fuck off, especially when I said I was bipolar because my reaction to the meds was THE bipolar reaction, and my family history. Turns out in the files they initially said I was high out of my mind, either on cocaine or crystal meth. Turns out they did a full drug test on me without telling me. The doctor after the nurse was nice to me... probably because it came back negative. Those fuckers.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » September 8th, 2020, 6:00 pm

I'm impressed that stuff stays in the files and doesn't get edited out, especially if it happened same day.

The behavior seems pretty typical, unfortunately. Was this the reason you were asking for the medical records?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 8th, 2020, 6:44 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 6:00 pm
I'm impressed that stuff stays in the files and doesn't get edited out, especially if it happened same day.

The behavior seems pretty typical, unfortunately. Was this the reason you were asking for the medical records?
Nah they asked for me to register for a website that gives me access to it. They don't show the entirety of it obv but that was on there.

It makes no sense logically though. Wouldn't they bring a social worker if they think it's drugs? They accessed my file too and knew about my family history of mental illness, and I was in the emergency twice before for mental health reasons.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » September 8th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Some people think they "know the signs," or they may be more used to certain things than others. It's not right, especially when that's your fucking job, but it's not unusual.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 17th, 2020, 5:24 pm

My dad mentioned this Reface app to me where you upload your face and it puts it into gifs, like a poor man’s ‘deep fake’. It’s honestly terrifying.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 18th, 2020, 5:53 pm

I literally get on the edge of a panic attack whenever I see one of my roommates. All the attacks she does on me and is like a parody of lefties the far right makes with how triggered she gets. She said she's gonna contact an online leggings store that my partner recommended and will try to do an online boycott among twitter because the leggings store shows outlines of asses... Cause they're fucking leggings of course they do. Sex negative people are almost as bad as terfs and if I knew beforehand I would have easily rejected her as a roommate. Might be at the point where I move back home. I don't wanna dump my partner so I might just pay my portion of the rent even when not living there and kick the roommate out when the lease ends.

Edit: she also owes my partner A LOT of money to the point that I think she's doing it with malicious intent