Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Drive a Crooked Road, July nominations (Jun 25th)

New logo and tagline (discussion and proposals)

St. Gloede

New logo and tagline (discussion and proposals)

Post by St. Gloede »

Hi all,

As you all know, we are in our tenth year!

We'd love to make something special out of it, and brush up our banner space with a new and improved look.

If anyone feels like giving it a go, just go for it.

Just share your proposed logos and tagline below.

Oh, and if you like the logo and/or tagline as it is, feel free to let us know as well.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

A couple of tagline proposals:

Loving lists and films (in that order) since 2011

-

Celebrating a decade of listomania
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

The tagline could change, but I think the logo is fine as is. :folded: :shrug:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Also fine with the logo. I would take the exact opposite tack on the tagline though - perhaps something like

icm - who knew there could be more to film than just lists and checks?
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Riffing on the order thing ..

checkwhores, not necessarily in that order
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

The ICM Forum: now on three official ICheckForums lists
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

Haha, great suggestions.
monk-time

Post by monk-time »

Logo: Robocop commercial guy
Tagline: "I'd watch that for a check!"
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

Taglines:

Since 2011, watching movies and neglecting our families
While you were reading this sentence, we already saw another movie
All Your Movie Are Belong to Us
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

OldAle1 wrote: ↑May 30th, 2021, 3:28 pm Also fine with the logo. I would take the exact opposite tack on the tagline though - perhaps something like

icm - who knew there could be more to film than just lists and checks?
yeah, but we're talking about the forum right? not iCM
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

They Discuss Checks, Don't They?
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

can anyone either save the current logo or give me its dimensions? I would like to try a different font and maybe add years or est date. never mind, think I figured out the dimensions, but can't seem to be able to grab the actual image file
pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 30th, 2021, 10:45 pm can anyone either save the current logo or give me its dimensions? I would like to try a different font and maybe add years or est date. never mind, think I figured out the dimensions, but can't seem to be able to grab the actual image file
styles/all/imgs/site_logo.png
"Art is like a fire, it is born from the very thing it burns" - Jean-Luc Godard
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 30th, 2021, 10:45 pm can anyone either save the current logo or give me its dimensions? I would like to try a different font and maybe add years or est date. never mind, think I figured out the dimensions, but can't seem to be able to grab the actual image file
(l) (l) (l) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Here's what I came up with for "celebrating 10 years"

note: there might be a thin black border - if so, that's the BB software's doing, not mine - no border
10 year logo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

pitchorneirda wrote: ↑May 30th, 2021, 10:53 pm
styles/all/imgs/site_logo.png
:cheers: thanks - I followed the size listed in the CSS, but this will help if we decide to work from what I posted above
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

btw, this one is less developed and I tried doing something a little different with the text but didn't really like it
10 year logo alt.png
oh gosh, just had another idea - time to play a bit more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Here's one with integrated tagline

(just slightly too large to upload)
RolandKirkSunglasses

Post by RolandKirkSunglasses »

ICM Forum: Recommended by Anton Checkwhore and Franz Listmaker
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

ICM Forum: Once you check, you'll never go back.
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

For the logo we could get cute and place "10" in the logo somewhere. For reference, I'm thinking of the Collegiate US sports conference called "The Big 10", who's logo currently looks like this:

I am not a graphic designer, but I could see the 10 hiding in either of the following places:

10MForum

Or

ICM10rum

But it would take someone with design skills to make it fit and read correctly both ways. Anyone who wants to try this idea gets full credit!
Last edited by beasterne on May 31st, 2021, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

beasterne wrote: ↑May 31st, 2021, 10:36 pm ICM10rum
Good name if we ever got a signature cocktail.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 31st, 2021, 12:15 am Here's one with integrated tagline

3 nice renditions, xianjiro. Hard to decide which of them I like the most. I think 1 or 3.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

beasterne wrote: ↑May 31st, 2021, 10:36 pm For the logo we could get cute and place "10" in the logo somewhere. For reference, I'm thinking of the Collegiate US sports conference called "The Big 10", who's logo currently looks like this:

I am not a graphic designer, but I could see the 10 hiding in either of the following places:

10MForum

Or

ICM10rum

But it would take someone with design skills to make it fit and read correctly both ways. Anyone who wants to try this idea gets full credit!
Very fun idea!
mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

beasterne wrote: ↑May 31st, 2021, 10:36 pm For the logo we could get cute and place "10" in the logo somewhere. For reference, I'm thinking of the Collegiate US sports conference called "The Big 10", who's logo currently looks like this:
Why 10? "The Big 10" has 10 in its name, so it makes sense, but iCM Forum has never had 10 in its name.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

mjf314 wrote: ↑June 1st, 2021, 7:06 am Why 10? "The Big 10" has 10 in its name, so it makes sense, but iCM Forum has never had 10 in its name.
ICMf is 10 years old now.
mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

Onderhond wrote: ↑June 1st, 2021, 7:25 am
mjf314 wrote: ↑June 1st, 2021, 7:06 am Why 10? "The Big 10" has 10 in its name, so it makes sense, but iCM Forum has never had 10 in its name.
ICMf is 10 years old now.
But then we have to update the logo next year, and I think most people won't know what the 10 means just from looking at the logo.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

It's not odd to make a custom logo for festivities I guess. You don't have to keep it for the next 10 years.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

Haha, exactly, plus IC can easily be made to look like 10.
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

There is nothing wrong with the logo I think. Obviously you could custom/alter it for festivities, like having polka candy sticks added to the image for Christmas or the letters being in rainbow-colors this month.

The tagline could be changed, especially the use of two consesuctive "and" is most disagreeable. (I have never actually read the tagline previously tough) I think "Loving lists and films (in that order) since 2011" seems the most suitable of the above suggestions.
Top 100 | Top 250

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

St. Gloede wrote: ↑June 1st, 2021, 6:52 am

3 nice renditions, xianjiro. Hard to decide which of them I like the most. I think 2 or 3.
#2 (with "celebrating 10 years" below "orum" looks unbalanced to me - it's an idea one tries but it looks wrong and not in a positive way, thus why I didn't add a drop shadow or shading to the checkmark.

I thought about the doing the IC/10 thing but didn't find it all that appealing conceptually, especially for people unfamiliar with the forum, its history, and the like. Clearer is better, thus why added text either above "orum" or below. If the mod team would like to see the IC/10 thing, I can mock something up, but I don't want to put in the time if no one's really hot for the idea.

BTW, I think the current nametreatment (it's not a logo, this :ICM: is a logo) is a bit heavy and forceful. I don't believe it really fits with the rest of the forum's graphical design elements. It does its job, no question about that, which is the majority of the battle, but thought we could also try something a bit lighter.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

xianjiro wrote: ↑June 2nd, 2021, 12:15 am
St. Gloede wrote: ↑June 1st, 2021, 6:52 am

3 nice renditions, xianjiro. Hard to decide which of them I like the most. I think 2 or 3.
#2 (with "celebrating 10 years" below "orum" looks unbalanced to me - it's an idea one tries but it looks wrong and not in a positive way, thus why I didn't add a drop shadow or shading to the checkmark.

I thought about the doing the IC/10 thing but didn't find it all that appealing conceptually, especially for people unfamiliar with the forum, its history, and the like. Clearer is better, thus why added text either above "orum" or below. If the mod team would like to see the IC/10 thing, I can mock something up, but I don't want to put in the time if no one's really hot for the idea.

BTW, I think the current nametreatment (it's not a logo, this :ICM: is a logo) is a bit heavy and forceful. I don't believe it really fits with the rest of the forum's graphical design elements. It does its job, no question about that, which is the majority of the battle, but thought we could also try something a bit lighter.
I agree on 2 (I meant to say 1 actually) :wacko:

I get what you mean regarding forceful. Lean could definitely be better - though my mind it still leaning on the older version when compared with the above font (maybe I've just gotten too used to it). :lol: