Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Trump v. Biden: A Septagenarian Scoundrel Skirmish for the Ages

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

kongs_speech wrote: November 27th, 2020, 10:45 pm I live in the deep south and I have never seen anyone as redneck as the dude in that photo.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

haha yes elections are rigged, please boycott any other election from now on!
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Dolwphin wrote: November 27th, 2020, 10:57 pm American Citizens that are legally registered voters received ballots irregardless of whether they themselves requested such a ballot in many US states (due to Covid-19). This is fraudulent and amounts to systemic election fraud. Let me explain: This artificially increased voter-turnout and actively encouraged participating in free and fair elections. This is the ugly truth behind Biden magically receiving so many votes. Under normal healthy conditions, fewer people would have participated and unworthy voters would have been surgically removed in adequate numbers. Thus, Trump would have won re-election comfortably. #StopTheSteal

:P
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

and yet still more ...

Former Overstock.com CEO claims to have an army of ‘hackers and cyber sleuths’ that can prove Trump won reelection

I no longer expect anything like sanity to return to public, political discourse in my lifetime. It's ... just ... IDK!
:circle:
:facepalm:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

look who's got a halo now
3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes »

Yeah, I saw that and reacted the same way, xian.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

sort of reminds me of a modern day version of something like this

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

Old Man Yells at Cloud!

Top 100 | Top 250

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Hmm maybe this one should be in Wikipedia's US Presidential Election Records article. Good one, DJ
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I move that the winner of Ohio and Florida be called Superdude for Life! Or we could make him president but allow the other states and territories to actually have a say.

BTW, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Adams, his hero Jackson, Van Buren, and Harrison became president WITHOUT bloody Florida (which didn't get statehood until 1845).

Huh, in 1848 Ohio went for Cass, Florida for (President) Taylor; in 1856, Ohio went Fremont, Florida to (President) Buchanan; and you'll be flaggergastedly gobsmacked up-side the head to read that in 1860 Ohio went for (President) LIncoln, while the treasonous rebels tRump worships went for Breckinridge. Florida was too busy elsewhere to vote in 1864. In 1880 Ohio went for (President) Garfield, Florida for Hancock; in 1884 Ohio went for Blaine while Florida voted for (President) Cleveland; in 1888 Ohio for (President) Harrison, Florida for (no longer President) Cleveland; in 1892 all but one Ohio vote went for (so to be ex President) Harrison while Florida voted for (again President) Cleveland; in 1896 Ohio went for (President) McKinley, Florida for Bryan; in 1900 Ohio went for (President) McKinley, Florida for Bryan; in 1904 Ohio for (President) Roosevelt, Florida for Parker (not Peter); in 1908 Ohio for (President) Taft, Florida for Bryan; in 1920 Ohio for (President) Harding, Florida for Cox; in 1924 Ohio for (President) Coolidge, Florida for Davis; in 1944 Ohio for Dewey, Florida for (still President) Roosevelt; and in 1992 Ohio went for (President) Clinton with a dick, Florida for (former President) Bush

Trump's correct in 1852, 1868, 1872, 1876, 1912, 1916, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1940, 1948, 1952, 1956, 1960, 1964, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016

So if my math's correct - Trump is right half of the time though recent trends do favour his position. But what a dope to say something so easily disproven.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

That's some digging. But should we harass the mentally challenged like this?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

that's just it, it takes almost no effort to disprove the statement "no candidate has ever"
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

xianjiro wrote: December 10th, 2020, 1:19 am that's just it, it takes almost no effort to disprove the statement "no candidate has ever"
Maybe the dope is the one who thinks disproving it actually matters ;)
RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

But has a candidate ever won BOTH Florida and Ohio, only to lose the election?

Oh, I see Nixon did!
That's all, folks!
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote: December 10th, 2020, 9:54 am But has a candidate ever won BOTH Florida and Ohio, only to lose the election?

Oh, I see Nixon did!
Does that mean you checked them all, or just 1960?
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

xianjiro wrote: December 9th, 2020, 11:25 pm So if my math's correct - Trump is right half of the time though recent trends do favour his position. But what a dope to say something so easily disproven.
Trump keeps repeating falsehoods because it is exhausting to constantly disprove them. Eventually the person who repeats their position the most becomes the accepted truth after a generation.
RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

xianjiro wrote: December 10th, 2020, 11:11 am
RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote: December 10th, 2020, 9:54 am But has a candidate ever won BOTH Florida and Ohio, only to lose the election?

Oh, I see Nixon did!
I couldn't be bothered to check them all, xianjiro! That's why I posted what I did, and I had a quick look around afterwards (hence the editing in for 1960). I'd be interested to know whether anyone else throughout US history has won the two states in a losing bid for the Presidency.
That's all, folks!
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

I checked. Just Nixon and Trump.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

weirdboy wrote: December 10th, 2020, 12:05 pm
xianjiro wrote: December 9th, 2020, 11:25 pm So if my math's correct - Trump is right half of the time though recent trends do favour his position. But what a dope to say something so easily disproven.
Trump keeps repeating falsehoods because it is exhausting to constantly disprove them. Eventually the person who repeats their position the most becomes the accepted truth after a generation.
Wonder if W and Cheney will go to their graves - I know Saddam had WMDs, we just haven't found 'em yet ...

But I've said it before, I know that Trump believes the truth is whatever he says it is and people will believe him just because he said it. Doesn't help that the Grand Ole Party of Sycophants keeps telling the Emperor just how beautiful his new clothes are to behold.

And now he's gone and recognized Moroccan sovereignty over Western Sahara to get another one of his Abraham Accords. And sell weapons to the UAE. :thumbsup:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote: December 10th, 2020, 12:49 pm
xianjiro wrote: December 10th, 2020, 11:11 am

Oh, I see Nixon did!
I couldn't be bothered to check them all, xianjiro! That's why I posted what I did, and I had a quick look around afterwards (hence the editing in for 1960). I'd be interested to know whether anyone else throughout US history has won the two states in a losing bid for the Presidency.
Besides the split votes, I think there might have one or two more races in the middle of the last century where winning Ohio and Florida didn't give the presidency. I checked the likely time frame and that didn't hold out. But one other thing, it doesn't come as any surprise when so many elections weren't even close: Yeah, sure, Reagan took both states to rocket to his wins and generally both Roosevelts didn't have such nail biters. Clinton, Obama and others. It's not such a big deal getting those two states when you 75% or more of states, popular vote, etc.

Actually Ohio has been on the winning side more often than not: that's been known for some time, but it's nothing like a lock or requirement for the win.
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

Only candidates who win all 50 states are legitimate winners. Everything else is fraud. #StopTheSteal
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

THE MOST EPIC ELECTORAL COLLEGE MAP

Top 100 | Top 250

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

The Electoral College Officially Elects Joe Biden to serve as the 46th President of the United States. 0 faithless electors. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell officially acknowledges Biden as President-Elect of the United States. That's all folks!
Top 100 | Top 250

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

not exactly - Congress still has to sign off on the deal and he-that-should-concede has acolytes and sycophants happy to keep up the charade. It's not over until ... I'd like to think when Biden takes the oath, but honestly, it won't be over until he-that-can't-concede is tweeting from a tomb
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

(i was just browsing the map and noticed that)A few of the positions have not even been called yet. There are 2 districts where the right(most) are leading by literally a handful of votes. Ouch! Someone failed to make their gramma vote.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler