Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Trump v. Biden: A Septagenarian Scoundrel Skirmish for the Ages

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

xianjiro wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 12:38 am Just when you thought you'd had enough crazy for one month/year/lifetime, wait, there's more - have at it, kids.
I'm not sure how to feel about that... :circle: :circle: :circle:
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Nazi Germany aint got nothing on (post)modern USA
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

you bet! And after we occupy England in order to free Scotland and Wales (and unite all of Ireland) we'll subjugate the Swedes under our Divine and Serene Empress AOC! We need that Swedish Herd Immunity for our anti-vaxxers who we will force into being trans, gay-married, pagans with someone of another race.

The inevitable blue tsunami is building! Long live democratic communism American style!
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

xianjiro wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 12:38 am Just when you thought you'd had enough crazy for one month/year/lifetime, wait, there's more - have at it, kids.

Seems there is a road to a Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden Triumvirate which is the prelude to an inevitable communist Empress AOC! (I'm not holding my breath, but anything can happen when the cannibals are hungry for fresh meat.)
:circle:
"Any Republican who allows this to happen is complicit, and we will finish you," the protester, donning a camo sweatshirt with an elephant on it, shouts into the microphone. "For any Republicans not explicitly helping Trump to 'stop the steal,' we will make sure you are never elected ever again."
So they are going to punish the GOP by electing democrats instead? Uh....ok?

Or is the plan something weird like, write-in Trump for every single position on the ballot?
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Still got my fingers crossed for Trump's two terms. First term in state prison, second in federal.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

weirdboy wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm

Seems there is a road to a Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden Triumvirate which is the prelude to an inevitable communist Empress AOC! (I'm not holding my breath, but anything can happen when the cannibals are hungry for fresh meat.)
:circle:
"Any Republican who allows this to happen is complicit, and we will finish you," the protester, donning a camo sweatshirt with an elephant on it, shouts into the microphone. "For any Republicans not explicitly helping Trump to 'stop the steal,' we will make sure you are never elected ever again."
So they are going to punish the GOP by electing democrats instead? Uh....ok?

Or is the plan something weird like, write-in Trump for every single position on the ballot?
I warned you there was more crazy ahead! :lol:

But no, my understanding is they just want a full out boycott. Now the question is how many voters will they be able to reach with this message and how many will forget to vote because of the holidays. Don't have an idea the rules for absentee ballots in Georgia but do know they go out on 14 December. It's probably a safe bet voters will be nervous of polling places come the first week of January (especially as people start to get sick from their Christmas parties and celebrations).

Granted, a lot of that affects voters on both sides and it's hard to know if Ds will be just as risk adverse or apathetic, but with Biden winning by 14,000 votes out of 5,000,000, the last thing Rs want is an active boycott of the base.

My prediction is this will fizzle out. No way are the Governor or Secretary of State going to be coerced into violating the constitutions and laws on both the state and federal level.

Will be very interesting to see the numbers: won't be at all surprised if turnout drops 40 or 50% though I suspect Ds will feel especially motivated.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

matthewscott8 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 7:31 pm Still got my fingers crossed for Trump's two terms. First term in state prison, second in federal.
Surely BoJo or that Brazilian wannabee will offer asylum.
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

xianjiro wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 10:48 pm
matthewscott8 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 7:31 pm Still got my fingers crossed for Trump's two terms. First term in state prison, second in federal.
There's a theory that he could resign shortly before inauguration. At that point Mike Pence becomes president and can pardon him. Could happen I guess. Not sure if Mike Pence would agree to it.

A right wing colleague of mine thinks Trump will move to Israel, last place on earth where he's liked by a majority.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

matthewscott8 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 11:41 pm
There's a theory that he could resign shortly before inauguration. At that point Mike Pence becomes president and can pardon him. Could happen I guess. Not sure if Mike Pence would agree to it.

A right wing colleague of mine thinks Trump will move to Israel, last place on earth where he's liked by a majority.
My prediction is that he makes a "state trip" to Moscow and just never comes back.
sebby

Post by sebby »

weirdboy wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am
matthewscott8 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 11:41 pm

My prediction is that he makes a "state trip" to Moscow and just never comes back.
Bc of the information he has between his ears, the US can't just let him run away, especially to somewhere like Russia.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

sebby wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 2:44 am
weirdboy wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am
matthewscott8 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 11:41 pm There's a theory that he could resign shortly before inauguration. At that point Mike Pence becomes president and can pardon him. Could happen I guess. Not sure if Mike Pence would agree to it.

Bc of the information he has between his ears, the US can't just let him run away, especially to somewhere like Russia.
OH come on! Like he doesn't pick up the hotline every chance he gets, "Hey Put-tee, guess what I heard today!" :P

I don't know - seems like a great pool topic: What will Donnie do next? But first we got to get an answer for, when will they agree to a transition?
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

Last edited by Dolwphin on November 23rd, 2020, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 100 | Top 250

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

New York have been at 84 % counted ballots for weeks now ... Have the election officials gone on vacation?
Top 100 | Top 250

matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Dolwphin wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am New York have been at 84 % counted ballots for weeks now ... Have the election officials gone on vacation?
Wayne County NY didn't even start counting until 16 November, the last day that NY state law says military ballots can arrive. NY state law also says that if you send in an absentee ballot you can change your mind afterwards and vote for a different candidate. That entails a huge audit process to work out who did that and then get rid of the absentee ballot.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Antony Blinking is the secretary of state. Looks like many people are going to die
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 12:01 pm Antony Blinking is the secretary of state. Looks like many people are going to die
1st thing he is going to do is ceasefire against Syria... It's 2020 not 2001. US is now energy self sufficient.
3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes »

Transition officially starts -- yay! I can start watching the news again!

[yeah, I'm still here]
:run: STILL the Gaffer!
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

3eyes wrote: November 24th, 2020, 1:17 am Transition officially starts -- yay! I can start watching the news again!

[yeah, I'm still here]
Yay (on both accounts)!

You broke the news to me, too. :cheers:
3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes »

:run: STILL the Gaffer!
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

3eyes wrote: November 24th, 2020, 1:17 am Transition officially starts -- yay! I can start watching the news again!
well Trump keeps on saying that he's not conceding
reposting his favorite actors...
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

There certainly are many theories used to explain his actions at this point, but the one I find most credible is that he needs donations to pay off debt in the near-term and who wants to send money to a loser? Also, it's clear he hasn't been getting the best advice and we know lawyers who are working are lawyers who are billing. Last, I think there is also some level of payback for the impeachment: but what he doesn't get or simply doesn't care about is how this affects average people on the streets.

Will also say I'm really disgusted by the treatment of the woman responsible for ascertainment or whatever it's called. If nothing else, this episode shows there are plenty of nasty, crazy people on the left - we've already had plenty of evidence of that on the right around mask mandates and lockdowns - (ON BOTH SIDES!) who aren't breaking windows and spray-painting buildings. Sure, they've always been there, but clearly the tenor of public discourse has deteriorated to an unacceptable level. And while those in the spotlight might act more mature in the future, I really don't expect a lot of change going forward.

Time will tell if they try to burn down the WH on the way out. It does seem they are working feverishly and desperately to enact as much policy by executive order as possible during the laming period. Most, if not all, will be undone by executive orders in the new administration, but it won't be a bit surprising if they don't drop something big - like withdrawing from the UN - before 20 January.

Stay tuned: there's more to come on The Donnie Trump Comedy-Horror Show after this message from our sponsor. "Your donation today will stop the steal ...
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

It was totally rigged y'all!

Top 100 | Top 250

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Dolwphin wrote: November 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm It was totally rigged y'all!

He picked Thanksgiving as the time to have this tantrum. Goddamn, dude, stay classy. :facepalm:
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I'm just waiting for the emergency presidential address carried by all networks - and that tantrum. It's about the only crazy stunt he's forgotten to pull. Maybe he'll even burst into tears. That would be epic.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

The guy legitimately can't comprehend that we hate his fucking guts and don't want him.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

kongs_speech wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:07 am The guy legitimately can't comprehend that we hate his fucking guts and don't want him.
Well, that's only because we're unAmerican anarchists who think breaking windows and spray-painting statues of confederate generals is "protest art". Plus we're poor. Poor people, and especially what they think, only matters if they are agreeing or worshipping HIM.

It's just amazing to me how dismissive he is of the opposition - but I'm guessing Lukashenko isn't much different.

We should put the idiots in a real bubble and then play an endless loop of their fans on a real fake news broadcast that only they get to see. Let them believe what their egos crave, just keep them isolated, you know, like we do with other serial criminals and killers.

I'm still waiting for HIM to pardon HIMSELF. That's going to be fun and interesting. "I haven't done anything wrong, illegal, or immoral ever! But just in case, ... "
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

maybe he'll even get some sort of special papal dispensation (for a sizeable contribution) while he's at it - so his wife won't worry about the "Go straight to hell. Do not stop at Purgatory. Do not collect 43 virgins." card he'll likely draw.

At least he's already got Nutandyahoo's eternal blessing: that covers the Jewish relatives.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Well, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The myth of vote totals exceeding the number of registered voters anywhere has been debunked over and over and over again.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

kongs_speech wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:07 am The guy legitimately can't comprehend that we hate his fucking guts and don't want him.
Give or take 70 million people.
Seeing how easy it is to live in a bubble these days, it would be easy enough to ignore alright.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Don't you mean 70 million or so fraudulent votes? ;) :lol:
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

xianjiro wrote: November 27th, 2020, 9:50 am Don't you mean 70 million or so fraudulent votes? ;) :lol:
I don't think he considers the votes that went to him are fraudulent :) I mean, if 70 million people vote for you, it's not hard to create a bubble where you feel loved and appreciated. He may have lost the election, but it's not like the people of the US collectively booed him out of his presidential seat.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Onderhond wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:47 am
xianjiro wrote: November 27th, 2020, 9:50 am Don't you mean 70 million or so fraudulent votes? ;) :lol:
I don't think he considers the votes that went to him are fraudulent :) I mean, if 70 million people vote for you, it's not hard to create a bubble where you feel loved and appreciated. He may have lost the election, but it's not like the people of the US collectively booed him out of his presidential seat.
Actually, I was implying he probably things Biden had 70 million fraudulent votes included in the total. :P
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

kongs_speech wrote: November 27th, 2020, 5:08 am
Well, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The myth of vote totals exceeding the number of registered voters anywhere has been debunked over and over and over again.
No kidding! It even points out that it's somehow "suspect" that Biden received fewer votes during the *primaries* than Trump did during the primaries. Remember how the Republicans canceled primary after primary? Even though he had opponents running against him? It's easy to "outperform" your opponent when the election is canceled and you're declared winner by acclamation.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

Who was it that magically out-performed the polling with several percentage points? Which candidate almost won Wisconsin despite being down 7.5 % ? I think it was Joe Biden, he like totally rigged the entire election folks. I don't know why Democrats lost the Senate and almost the House, I guess Biden must have not bothered with those races.
Top 100 | Top 250

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

Top 100 | Top 250

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I live in the deep south and I have never seen anyone as redneck as the dude in that photo.
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

American Citizens that are legally registered voters received ballots irregardless of whether they themselves requested such a ballot in many US states (due to Covid-19). This is fraudulent and amounts to systemic election fraud. Let me explain: This artificially increased voter-turnout and actively encouraged participating in free and fair elections. This is the ugly truth behind Biden magically receiving so many votes. Under normal healthy conditions, fewer people would have participated and unworthy voters would have been surgically removed in adequate numbers. Thus, Trump would have won re-election comfortably. #StopTheSteal
Top 100 | Top 250