Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Trump v. Biden: A Septagenarian Scoundrel Skirmish for the Ages

sebby

Trump v. Biden: A Septagenarian Scoundrel Skirmish for the Ages

Post by sebby »

Figured this deserved its own thread. Also, props to me for not making any typos in the topic title.

My prediction
; Biden wins w/ roughly 400 EV , Dems take Senate 51-49, and Dems increase stranglehold og the House.

Pop those beers and take in the best night of reality television of the year.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Septic-generian
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
sebby

Post by sebby »

Armoreska wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:19 pm Septic-generian
:poshclap:
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Ale's dream scenario:

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob »

Oh no, now I'mg going to hate some of you if I know your political views. I dont want to mix this...
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Lammetje wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:58 pm Ale's dream scenario:

If only...!!!!

I think he should win Canada though, and Greenland, aren't those part of America too? Somebody said that Poortereeco was too but I know better.

Only the BEST people.
sebby

Post by sebby »

blueboybob wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:20 am Oh no, now I'mg going to hate some of you if I know your political views. I dont want to mix this...
Believe me, I can provide myria reasons other than politics to get you to hat eme :whistling:
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

In all seriousness, I wish I could share your optimism sebby, but I'm afraid my pessimism on the whole matches blocho's, or maybe even exceeds it. I can tell you that right around here the enthusiasm for Agent Orange is through the roof compared with 2016 - drive out into the country and it is nothing but huge Trump signs everywhere - and this is one of the few counties Hilary won in 2016. It should be hard to imagine the polls being off by so much that Biden loses but give all the shenanigans/chicanery/pick your favorite Biden old man word, it's really not so hard to imagine.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

I have a feeling that blood will be shed over the results no matter who wins.
sebby

Post by sebby »

OldAle1 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:50 am In all seriousness, I wish I could share your optimism sebby, but I'm afraid my pessimism on the whole matches blocho's, or maybe even exceeds it. I can tell you that right around here the enthusiasm for Agent Orange is through the roof compared with 2016 - drive out into the country and it is nothing but huge Trump signs everywhere - and this is one of the few counties Hilary won in 2016. It should be hard to imagine the polls being off by so much that Biden loses but give all the shenanigans/chicanery/pick your favorite Biden old man word, it's really not so hard to imagine.
The thing about 2016 is that it was a very tight race and the important polling errors tended to favor Trump. Thsis year, w better polling, Biden has a more significant lead, notably in battleground states, and has a much lower unfavorability rating thatn Hil did, particularly among independents and undecideds. in those states. 2016 was full of narratives -- on e of which was the "shy" trump voter. i think this year there aer "shy" biden voters, those living in trump country specifically, who will emerge. additionally, 2016 saw a lower than expected turnout in places like philly & milwaukee; all indicators show that those typicaldem strongholds will have much higher turnout this time, which can swing those important states from red to blue.
sebby

Post by sebby »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:54 am I have a feeling that blood will be shed over the results no matter who wins.
if it's a close election werhe one side signals the result is fraudelent, maybe. but if it's a clear biden civtory, nah. trumpcult has proven they are almost all bark and no bite. small peepee incels with gun sthey wave around but no more than that.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Florida had a 8000 vote difference at one point wat
Chilton

Post by Chilton »

How are y'all following the results? TV, online, pigeon post?

I'm eyeing the NYTimes website, looks neat plus The Guardian (UK)
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

sebby wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:01 am
OldAle1 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:50 am In all seriousness, I wish I could share your optimism sebby, but I'm afraid my pessimism on the whole matches blocho's, or maybe even exceeds it. I can tell you that right around here the enthusiasm for Agent Orange is through the roof compared with 2016 - drive out into the country and it is nothing but huge Trump signs everywhere - and this is one of the few counties Hilary won in 2016. It should be hard to imagine the polls being off by so much that Biden loses but give all the shenanigans/chicanery/pick your favorite Biden old man word, it's really not so hard to imagine.
The thing about 2016 is that it was a very tight race and the important polling errors tended to favor Trump. Thsis year, w better polling, Biden has a more significant lead, notably in battleground states, and has a much lower unfavorability rating thatn Hil did, particularly among independents and undecideds. in those states. 2016 was full of narratives -- on e of which was the "shy" trump voter. i think this year there aer "shy" biden voters, those living in trump country specifically, who will emerge. additionally, 2016 saw a lower than expected turnout in places like philly & milwaukee; all indicators show that those typicaldem strongholds will have much higher turnout this time, which can swing those important states from red to blue.
All good points and if I believed that things were going to go in a rational manner I'd be cheered by this and so much else, but we've all been burned too many times. Plus I'll feel that much better if I'm incorrect in my dark predictions...
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Mitch McConnell won......
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

If Trump wins are they gonna blame bernie again lol
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

blueboybob wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:20 am Oh no, now I'mg going to hate some of you if I know your political views. I dont want to mix this...
out yourself. can't be any worse, I for one hate everyone already. silence dont make ya immune. tehe
Spoiler
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

Just finished a 13 hour election protection volunteer shift (in Philadelphia). People moved in and out all day without any long lines ever building up (credit to the younger, faster-moving poll workers and no machine issues), but I heard other places had difficulties. Apparently, someone wearing camo (camo - in the city - why??) attempted to run in the back door of a polling place and tried to cut the power, but someone politely asked him what he was doing and he got scared and ran off. I wish I knew more details. :lol:

Overall it appears voting is back up to Obama numbers in Philly and mostly things have been running...unusually smoothly. :shrug:

A lie ain't a 'side of the story.' It's just a lie.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Open if Trump wins
pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda »

I'm watching CNN but they've been talking about partial results of Ohio at county level for 2 hours now it's so boring
"Art is like a fire, it is born from the very thing it burns" - Jean-Luc Godard
pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda »

The guy himself says "I know I'm a broken record" every 5 minutes. Then please fix it...
"Art is like a fire, it is born from the very thing it burns" - Jean-Luc Godard
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

sebby wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:13 pm Figured this deserved its own thread. Also, props to me for not making any typos in the topic title.
*Septuagenarian ;)
sebby

Post by sebby »

Fergenaprido wrote: November 4th, 2020, 2:43 am
sebby wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:13 pm Figured this deserved its own thread. Also, props to me for not making any typos in the topic title.
*Septuagenarian ;)
WTF i literally c&pasted it from google since i had no ieda how to spell it.
sebby

Post by sebby »

Chilton wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:19 am How are y'all following the results? TV, online, pigeon post?

I'm eyeing the NYTimes website, looks neat plus The Guardian (UK)
PBS newshour vit YouTube
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Texas and Pennsylvania seem to be sliding away from Biden?
also Michigan looks hopeless atm
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Texas was never going to go for Biden. In general though, it's hard to read partial results without knowing where they're coming from within those states.
sebby

Post by sebby »

Armoreska wrote: November 4th, 2020, 2:58 am Texas and Pennsylvania seem to be sliding away from Biden?
also Michigan looks hopeless atm
MI is reporting results from heavily red counties. It's still a likely win for Biden

Texas is a pure tossup.

PA will slide back toward Biden when mail in ballots are counted
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

well Trumpo looks safe-o atm. Biden needs those late turnarounds but the turnarounds have been Trump so far.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
sebby

Post by sebby »

Won't know the results of the election tonight, almost certainly. Milwaukee won't be counted until the mornin and then we'll know Wisc. PA could take a few days. FL, OH and NC tossups leaning trump. He needs all three.

Seante looks lik eit'll be 50-50. Disappointing
sebby

Post by sebby »

Biden looks to have won AZ. Even if he loses FL/Oh/NC he has about a 4-in-5 cahnce of winnin the election at this point.
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

Assuming either Wisconsin or Michigan flip blue*, it does seem like we're looking at a Biden presidency (especially now that they just called Minnesota). Now if only I could just trust that and go to sleep.

Also, in not-septagenarian news (she's 30!), Sarah McBride became the first trans state senator https://www.vox.com/2020/11/3/21535987/ ... ide-winner. (l) (l) (l)

(and of course, Ilhan Omar and AOC easily won re-election (l) (l) (l) )

*for those who don't understand what I'm talking about, this is about early ballots. Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania have a state rule that no early ballots can be counted until 7 AM of election day. Early ballots have been overwhelmingly Biden, where Trump leads with in-person voting. So in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania it was expected that Trump would lead at first but as the early ballots get counted Biden is highly favored to win Wisconsin and Michigan. (unfortunately, this will take days) Pennsylvania is a toss up, but it's looking like that might not matter.

Mail-in/ballot-box ballots from Philadelphia (such as...mine) are apparently being counted slowly. They stopped tonight at 75,000 out of 350,000.
Last edited by outdoorcats on November 4th, 2020, 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

outdoorcats wrote: November 4th, 2020, 5:22 am Assuming either Wisconsin or Michigan flip blue, it does seem like we're looking at a Biden presidency (especially now that they just called Minnesota). Now if only I could just trust that and go to sleep.

Also, in not-septagenarian news (she's 30!), Sarah McBride became the first trans U.S. senator https://www.vox.com/2020/11/3/21535987/ ... ide-winner. (l) (l) (l)

State senator, not US Senator, but as a Delawarean myself I’ll still take it!
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

GruesomeTwosome wrote: November 4th, 2020, 5:36 am
outdoorcats wrote: November 4th, 2020, 5:22 am Assuming either Wisconsin or Michigan flip blue, it does seem like we're looking at a Biden presidency (especially now that they just called Minnesota). Now if only I could just trust that and go to sleep.

Also, in not-septagenarian news (she's 30!), Sarah McBride became the first trans U.S. senator https://www.vox.com/2020/11/3/21535987/ ... ide-winner. (l) (l) (l)

State senator, not US Senator, but as a Delawarean myself I’ll still take it!
Thanks, corrected!

Also all 4 of "The Squad" have been re-elected (and added Cori Bush). Clearly, Fox News hasn't been covering them enough.

sebby

Post by sebby »

Trump now complaining the Democrats are trying to steal the eledtion. Awesome.
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

Election Drinking Game
sebby

Post by sebby »

There's actually a half-decent path to a tie. Fuck me.