Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

clickbait :)

xianjiro
Donator

clickbait :)

Post by xianjiro » August 9th, 2020, 3:58 am

okay, this could have gone elsewhere, but I made an non-executive decision to start a new thread since this didn't feel strange and Covid discussion is somewhat tangential. Anyone else have good/bad clickbait they are dying to share?

I have happily wasted so much time just hitting refresh on this incredible website
One couple from Singapore, fed up with their coronavirus quarantine a few months ago, decided to get creative and launch a website that satisfies the wanderlust in us all since most of us can’t travel right now.
“WindowSwap”

enjoy! B)
Last edited by xianjiro on August 17th, 2020, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Melvelet

Post by Melvelet » August 14th, 2020, 9:52 pm

This feels like a version of GeoGuess/GeoGuessr. If you don't know the concept, you'll be taken to a random place in Google Street View and have to guess where in the world you are.
My windows shows a shopfront with 'Brixton Carpets written on it' and as a person with a vinyl version of London Calling (incl. the song 'Guns of Brixton', for me the highlight of the album) my guess is that I am in the Souther part of London. Am I doing this right? :D

EDIT: Window number two is just a garden with a video of multiple badgers eating from fodder boxes and they were alarmed by some noise. One badger just went to the other box and now they're fighting for it...err, I'm confused :lol:

EDIT2: Oh, in the upper right corner it actually says were I am. Well, nice to see what the British people are up to. I might even tell the Brexit refugee living in my flat about it