Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 9 released July 7th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th), 0 Official Lists (Jul 31st)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Picture of Light, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th), Match 2F: Germany vs Iran (Jul 26th)

Burn in Hell

Post Reply
blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

Burn in Hell

#1

Post by blocho » March 6th, 2020, 4:26 pm

We all like the Rest in Peace topic. It's where we write about recently dead public figures who we enjoyed and admired. But some people don't deserve to rest in peace. Some people deserve to burn in hell. And since there is no hell, this online space will have to do.

Please note: This is not the space to write about famous people you didn't like because their personality was annoying or their movies sucked. This is the space for terrible human beings.

First entry: Nexhmije Hoxha. I knew a little bit about Enver Hoxha but was completely ignorant of his wife and what she did to Albania during 45 years in power. She clearly belongs on the short list of worst people of the 20th century.

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7967
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#2

Post by maxwelldeux » March 6th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Hell of a thread title... pun intended! :lol:

User avatar
RogerTheMovieManiac88
Posts: 1634
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Contact:

#3

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » March 6th, 2020, 6:44 pm

I was just reading the obituary of her in The Telegraph this morning over breakfast. Certainly seems to have been a pretty twisted and nasty piece of work.

I hope this thread won't be too active!
That's all, folks!

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7639
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4

Post by xianjiro » March 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Interesting topic - I wondered when I saw it and your nick isn't usually one I associate with inflammatory rhetoric. ;)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#5

Post by blocho » March 6th, 2020, 7:49 pm

xianjiro wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Interesting topic - I wondered when I saw it and your nick isn't usually one I associate with inflammatory rhetoric. ;)
Well, I take that as a compliment. I sometimes feel more inflammatory than I want to be. I think that's a common feeling these days.

I really like the rest in peace thread because it's a place where we talk about not only the actors/directors we love but also people of many different backgrounds and professions. I've posted there about historians, musicians, and film scholars. But I realized recently that there are some people who are interesting to discuss, but I wouldn't want to put them in anything that says "rest in peace."

I also hope this won't be too active, but some famous people are deeply deeply shitty.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7639
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#6

Post by xianjiro » March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am

Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

Who deserves to burn in hell more, Adolph Hitler or Vlad the Impaler?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Coryn
Posts: 1112
Joined: Dec 05, 2018
Contact:

#7

Post by Coryn » March 7th, 2020, 7:54 am

xianjiro wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am
Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

Who deserves to burn in hell more, Adolph Hitler or Vlad the Impaler?
I'd say Vlad, he was just saddistic.

Heinrich Himmler vs Vlad The Impaler would be a better match up I think. Himmler had more to do with the systematic killings than Hitler.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3788
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#8

Post by Lammetje » March 7th, 2020, 8:08 pm

xianjiro wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am
Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

Who deserves to burn in hell more, Adolph Hitler or Vlad the Impaler?
The cake person
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7639
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#9

Post by xianjiro » March 7th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Coryn wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:54 am
xianjiro wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am
Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

Who deserves to burn in hell more, Adolph Hitler or Vlad the Impaler?
I'd say Vlad, he was just saddistic.

Heinrich Himmler vs Vlad The Impaler would be a better match up I think. Himmler had more to do with the systematic killings than Hitler.
Oh good call! but I know to get the flame war started (and heat up hell a bit more for all those we cast into it) I know I should respond by calling you names and saying how something, something ... I had also through of Stalin as a good candidate for either mentioned.

But I do think sadism is a good criteria, especially when it's inflicted willingly and against a targeted community (minorities, opponents, etc). Just mention that to disqualify someone like the Marquis de Sade though I really don't know enough of his partners to know if the gave consent or not.

It is very troubling to see leaders use government policy to hurt or harm and it is despicable when they turn that sadism on as a deterrent on people who are sincerely asking for help, escaping evil elsewhere, or just trying to find a better life.

Now the next question, do we include those people who write/record those nasty little songs we can't turn off in our heads? Although I'm not sure they sit down thinking - hmmm how can I write an irritating little jingle that will drive everyone on the planet nuts? - so maybe that's a negatory.

What other qualities qualify one for a reserved spot? Maybe those responsible for the Spanish Inquisition? :think:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11882
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#10

Post by Armoreska » March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm

BIH is too religulous
GUD: Glad Ur Dead
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Coryn
Posts: 1112
Joined: Dec 05, 2018
Contact:

#11

Post by Coryn » March 7th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Leopold II might be the worst and most sadistic man ever, just in front of Pitbull Aka. Mr Worldwide
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9839
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#12

Post by Knaldskalle » March 8th, 2020, 12:04 am

Armoreska wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm
BIH is too religulous
GUD: Glad Ur Dead
"Gud" means God in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.... ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11882
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#13

Post by Armoreska » March 8th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 12:04 am
Armoreska wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm
BIH is too religulous
GUD: Glad Ur Dead
"Gud" means God in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.... ;)
Good
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#14

Post by blocho » May 15th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Finally, a coronavirus death worth celebrating.

https://nyti.ms/2WBjy29

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4565
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#15

Post by OldAle1 » May 15th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Don't hide it like that! I was hoping for someone else...

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#16

Post by blocho » May 15th, 2020, 10:24 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 10:07 pm
Don't hide it like that! I was hoping for someone else...
We daren't hope for too much. Two months ago, a friend of mine said, "Well, at least Kissinger will probably die now." And I pointed out that Kissinger is actually a vampire who is immortal because he drinks the blood of Vietnamese children.

User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 04, 2020
Location: FL
Contact:

#17

Post by kongs_speech » May 15th, 2020, 10:28 pm

Weinstein had corona, but we weren't lucky enough for him to die.
Image

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4565
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#18

Post by OldAle1 » May 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Wasn't thinking of him actually. My choice is a little (just a few years) younger, and is my pick for the most destructive American who has never held public office - this person is in a tie with another person who died when the yet-living person was a few days away from celebrating his 51st birthday. The dead person never held public office either; both were foreign-born, naturalized American citizens (and good arguments for Trump's severe limitations on immigration if you ask me).

Guess which two people I'm thinking of! By destructive, I mean on American politics, culture, the national psyche generally.

User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 6194
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

#19

Post by frbrown » May 15th, 2020, 10:45 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Guess which two people I'm thinking of!
Oooh, I love a quiz!

Rupert Murdoch and Ayn Rand?

User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 04, 2020
Location: FL
Contact:

#20

Post by kongs_speech » May 15th, 2020, 10:47 pm

If we're wishing people dead, there's a certain ancient politician from Kentucky who would be at the top of my list.
Image

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4565
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#21

Post by OldAle1 » May 15th, 2020, 10:57 pm

frbrown wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 10:45 pm
OldAle1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Guess which two people I'm thinking of!
Oooh, I love a quiz!

Rupert Murdoch and Ayn Rand?
That was quick! Right on the button.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7639
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#22

Post by xianjiro » May 16th, 2020, 4:53 am

OldAle1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Wasn't thinking of him actually. My choice is a little (just a few years) younger, and is my pick for the most destructive American who has never held public office - this person is in a tie with another person who died when the yet-living person was a few days away from celebrating his 51st birthday. The dead person never held public office either; both were foreign-born, naturalized American citizens (and good arguments for Trump's severe limitations on immigration if you ask me).

Guess which two people I'm thinking of! By destructive, I mean on American politics, culture, the national psyche generally.
You seem to be forgetting another infamous elected official from a certain cheesy state (JRMcC) - just adding.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7639
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#23

Post by xianjiro » May 16th, 2020, 4:55 am

hamm, can't we also add the more recent idiot to end up Vice from Indiana too? Pretty please? With burning crucifixes on top?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#24

Post by blocho » June 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Jean Raspail, 94

A French author best known for writing every white supremacist's favorite novel.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ ... story.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/book ... aints.html

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4565
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#25

Post by OldAle1 » June 14th, 2020, 6:43 pm

A very worthy name for this list. Bet our Dear Leader is sad though (if he's ever heard of the guy, which is not likely).

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3788
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#26

Post by Lammetje » June 14th, 2020, 9:58 pm

I wouldn't have invited this guy over to my house, but honestly there's a big difference between writing a novel and all the bad things Nexhmije Hoxha, the first entry in this thread, has done.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3261
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#27

Post by blocho » June 14th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Lammetje wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 9:58 pm
I wouldn't have invited this guy over to my house, but honestly there's a big difference between writing a novel and all the bad things Nexhmije Hoxha, the first entry in this thread, has done.
Of course. Evil falls along a spectrum.

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4565
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#28

Post by OldAle1 » June 14th, 2020, 10:57 pm

There are people who enact evil deeds, and people who influence large masses of people to do them, or to form evil political movements, etc. And while I don't think you can always judge an author by their book(s), I do tend to think that the most repellent works of art pretty often come from repellent humans.

Suddenly I am reminded in this discussion of one of my favorite novels, The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad, which purports to be the alternate-world novel by one Adolph Hitler, who emigrated to America after WWI and became a successful early pulp sci-fi writer. There's a fake lit-crit analysis bookending the main story; the novel-within-the-novel is called "The Swastika Lies Heavy", the writer's last novel from 1953, and is about a group of Aryan supermen regaining the planet many years after a nuclear apocalypse. Hilarious stuff as I remember with lots of the camp leather/S&M/gay iconography that you'd expect in Nazisploitation films, though of course even in a parody like this it can be disturbing. And of course Spinrad is making an underlying assumption that had Hitler - or any personality of this type - not turned to world domination in real life he might well have turned to it in fiction; the main character is an idealization in much the same way Ayn Rand's Dagny Taggart is an idealization of her own narcissistic self.

Another way to think of it: artists can be just as bad as dictators or executioners, but the evil is more subtle and spread out, and harder to quantify.

User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 04, 2020
Location: FL
Contact:

#29

Post by kongs_speech » June 15th, 2020, 4:27 am

I have a very specific person who I want to burn in Hell. He many not be as evil as the Nazis in this thread, but he lied to me, kept posting stupid Trump shit on my social media, insulted my friends, and has kept harrassing me, my family and some friends long after I made it clear that I don't want a thing to do with him. He is a deeply pathetic, creepy excuse for a life form.
Image


Post Reply