Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Nordic, 1950s
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

Burn in Hell

blocho
Donator

Burn in Hell

Post by blocho » March 6th, 2020, 4:26 pm

We all like the Rest in Peace topic. It's where we write about recently dead public figures who we enjoyed and admired. But some people don't deserve to rest in peace. Some people deserve to burn in hell. And since there is no hell, this online space will have to do.

Please note: This is not the space to write about famous people you didn't like because their personality was annoying or their movies sucked. This is the space for terrible human beings.

First entry: Nexhmije Hoxha. I knew a little bit about Enver Hoxha but was completely ignorant of his wife and what she did to Albania during 45 years in power. She clearly belongs on the short list of worst people of the 20th century.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » March 6th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Hell of a thread title... pun intended! :lol:

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » March 6th, 2020, 6:44 pm

I was just reading the obituary of her in The Telegraph this morning over breakfast. Certainly seems to have been a pretty twisted and nasty piece of work.

I hope this thread won't be too active!
That's all, folks!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » March 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Interesting topic - I wondered when I saw it and your nick isn't usually one I associate with inflammatory rhetoric. ;)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » March 6th, 2020, 7:49 pm

xianjiro wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Interesting topic - I wondered when I saw it and your nick isn't usually one I associate with inflammatory rhetoric. ;)
Well, I take that as a compliment. I sometimes feel more inflammatory than I want to be. I think that's a common feeling these days.

I really like the rest in peace thread because it's a place where we talk about not only the actors/directors we love but also people of many different backgrounds and professions. I've posted there about historians, musicians, and film scholars. But I realized recently that there are some people who are interesting to discuss, but I wouldn't want to put them in anything that says "rest in peace."

I also hope this won't be too active, but some famous people are deeply deeply shitty.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am

Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

Who deserves to burn in hell more, Adolph Hitler or Vlad the Impaler?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Coryn

Post by Coryn » March 7th, 2020, 7:54 am

xianjiro wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:05 am
Speaking of polls in the Covid-19 thread, here's one that's not a Monty Poll but I'll avoid naming the inspiration. Active iCMForumites will probably "get it".

I'd say Vlad, he was just saddistic.

Heinrich Himmler vs Vlad The Impaler would be a better match up I think. Himmler had more to do with the systematic killings than Hitler.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 7th, 2020, 8:08 pm

xianjiro wrote:

The cake person
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » March 7th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Coryn wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:54 am
xianjiro wrote:

I'd say Vlad, he was just saddistic.

Heinrich Himmler vs Vlad The Impaler would be a better match up I think. Himmler had more to do with the systematic killings than Hitler.
Oh good call! but I know to get the flame war started (and heat up hell a bit more for all those we cast into it) I know I should respond by calling you names and saying how something, something ... I had also through of Stalin as a good candidate for either mentioned.

But I do think sadism is a good criteria, especially when it's inflicted willingly and against a targeted community (minorities, opponents, etc). Just mention that to disqualify someone like the Marquis de Sade though I really don't know enough of his partners to know if the gave consent or not.

It is very troubling to see leaders use government policy to hurt or harm and it is despicable when they turn that sadism on as a deterrent on people who are sincerely asking for help, escaping evil elsewhere, or just trying to find a better life.

Now the next question, do we include those people who write/record those nasty little songs we can't turn off in our heads? Although I'm not sure they sit down thinking - hmmm how can I write an irritating little jingle that will drive everyone on the planet nuts? - so maybe that's a negatory.

What other qualities qualify one for a reserved spot? Maybe those responsible for the Spanish Inquisition? :think:

sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm

BIH is too religulous
GUD: Glad Ur Dead
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Coryn

Post by Coryn » March 7th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Leopold II might be the worst and most sadistic man ever, just in front of Pitbull Aka. Mr Worldwide
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » March 8th, 2020, 12:04 am

Armoreska wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm
BIH is too religulous
"Gud" means God in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.... ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 8th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 12:04 am
Armoreska wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm
BIH is too religulous
"Gud" means God in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.... ;)
Good
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo