Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

Covid-19 or Worldwide Flu

Post Reply

Got it?

Yeah, I got it and feel HORRIBLE.
0
No votes
Yes, I got it, but am doing okay.
1
2%
Yes, I had it but have recovered.
1
2%
I think I had it, but not sure.
6
10%
No, still waiting.
40
68%
No, I know I won't get it. Ever.
8
14%
What are we talking about? I live under a rock.
3
5%
 
Total votes: 59

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

Re: Covid-19 or Worldwide Flu

#1361

Post by Cippenham » May 31st, 2020, 5:41 pm

At my school they still had the cane. It wasn’t used much. I was hit on the hand by a teacher. My trouble was I always talked too much..

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3251
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#1362

Post by blocho » May 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm

Cippenham wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 5:41 pm
My trouble was I always talked too much..
Well then.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1363

Post by Cippenham » May 31st, 2020, 7:44 pm

:rolleyes:
blocho wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm
Cippenham wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 5:41 pm
My trouble was I always talked too much..
Well then.
😄

matthewscott8
Donator
Posts: 1945
Joined: May 13, 2015
Contact:

#1364

Post by matthewscott8 » June 1st, 2020, 2:00 pm

Cippenham wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:44 pm
:rolleyes:
blocho wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm
Cippenham wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 5:41 pm
My trouble was I always talked too much..
Well then.
😄
Facebook is telling me there was a lot of people in Dorset on the weekend behaving badly, e.g. daytrippers tearing it up and littering. Did you witness anything or have any local sentiment to share?

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3776
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#1365

Post by Lammetje » June 1st, 2020, 3:19 pm

matthewscott8 wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 2:00 pm
Cippenham wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:44 pm
:rolleyes:
blocho wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm


Well then.
😄
Facebook is telling me there was a lot of people in Dorset on the weekend behaving badly, e.g. daytrippers tearing it up and littering. Did you witness anything or have any local sentiment to share?
In other words: what is your perception of Dorset?
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11873
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#1366

Post by Armoreska » June 1st, 2020, 4:10 pm

I got shpongled
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1367

Post by Knaldskalle » June 1st, 2020, 4:23 pm

Armoreska wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:10 pm
I got shpongled
At least it wasn't a rickroll.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31746
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1368

Post by joachimt » June 1st, 2020, 5:38 pm

This afternoon bars and restaurants opened up here. Not more than 30 people allowed indoors. People have to be 1.5 m apart. I thought the rule is also that you can't sit with more than two people at the same table, unless you're from the same household. But I'm confused right now what the rules are. This afternoon I was having a drink with my wife and kids at a beach club. We were sitting outdoor along the beach. Lots of tables were occupied by groups of friends sometimes up to ten people at one table. Dutchies, refresh my memory, what were the rules again? Wasn't it something about keeping social distance?

The beach wasn't too crowded, btw. Lots of room where I was. But I read later that 2 km further they had to announce people shouldn't come anymore.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1369

Post by Cippenham » June 1st, 2020, 8:16 pm

People are not behaving badly in the sense of going to the beach, for those under 50 and no underlying health problems the risk is minimum, they should be at work school college not lockdown. A few idiots got drunk, jumping into sea from cliffs and fighting, is all alcohol fuelled, these people who should not be in lockdown are bored out of their tiny minds. Their absence from education and the economy is a terrible waste . This was at the weekend though but as I said the risk is very small so the ridiculous 2metre rule does not matter for them.
Last edited by Cippenham on June 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1370

Post by Cippenham » June 1st, 2020, 8:25 pm

I don’t like going out in the hot sun nowadays and prefer cooler traditional English weather.

Straka
Posts: 365
Joined: Jun 20, 2011
Contact:

#1371

Post by Straka » June 1st, 2020, 9:55 pm

joachimt wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:38 pm
This afternoon bars and restaurants opened up here. Not more than 30 people allowed indoors. People have to be 1.5 m apart. I thought the rule is also that you can't sit with more than two people at the same table, unless you're from the same household. But I'm confused right now what the rules are. This afternoon I was having a drink with my wife and kids at a beach club. We were sitting outdoor along the beach. Lots of tables were occupied by groups of friends sometimes up to ten people at one table. Dutchies, refresh my memory, what were the rules again? Wasn't it something about keeping social distance?

The beach wasn't too crowded, btw. Lots of room where I was. But I read later that 2 km further they had to announce people shouldn't come anymore.
Outdoor the social distancing should apply, only there is no maximum of 30. I guess with up to 10 people at a table indicates our old Dutch custom of "gedogen".

Anyway, the cinema was nice and quiet; we should keep that 30% max occupancy.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1372

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 2:09 am

The risk is less outdoors than in, the rule should apply in theory though but young people know they are not much at risk so I understand.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1373

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 6:10 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ve-coming/

The idea of a second wave comes from the Spanish flu. Many experts don’t believe in a second wave in this case.

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 6365
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#1374

Post by sebby » June 2nd, 2020, 7:06 am

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... econd-wave

The idea of a second wave comes from a basic understanding of virology. 90+% of experts believe a second wave is inevitable in this case.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1375

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 7:59 am

Well they are wrong according the one i quote who is an expert , they are basing it on Spanish flu which this is not . We will find out. The Asian and Hong Kong flu epidemics has small second waves, nowhere near as bad as the first.

User avatar
Kublai Khan
Posts: 1120
Joined: Nov 09, 2014
Location: Sarasota, FL
Contact:

#1376

Post by Kublai Khan » June 2nd, 2020, 11:39 am

Why not gamble? It's only human lives...
Owner of three platinums:
  • FilmTotaal top 100
  • IMDb's 1980s Top 50
  • IMDb's Animation Top 50

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1377

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

The lockdown is the gambling that failed, caused massive increase in death and misery. From other causes. We already peaked at Covid deaths 8 April in uk so hand washing social distancing worked. Lockdown had no effect and helped it spread more in families and care homes, also old people with Covid put in care homes in panic for no reasons. Same applies to New York and other places. Don’t believe the lame stream myth the lockdown works or worked as it is not true.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1378

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 11:50 am

Lockdown could have worked if applied only to those over 50 or high risk, for short period. Canadian Dr Matt Strauss Agrees. He is an expert who said ventilators were a poor treatment for Covid. He says they knew for 250 years oxygen can damage lungs yet they persist with crude ventilation in places. The state of Georgia has reopened for a month. They are fine so no danger reopening either.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1379

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 12:27 pm

Texas reopened Nearly a month, deaths peaked May 14. They are fine too.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1380

Post by Cippenham » June 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Is it true you are now considered a racist if you still support lockdowns in the US because the left want to go and throw rocks because of what a bad policeman did? This is what I was reading.

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4297
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1381

Post by Onderhond » June 2nd, 2020, 2:18 pm

Cippenham wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm
Is it true you are now considered a racist if you still support lockdowns in the US because the left want to go and throw rocks because of what a bad policeman did? This is what I was reading.
Yes. The left (all 170 million of them) got together in a Zoom meeting this morning and decided exactly that. They then sent a message to the right so they could accurately report on it in some newspaper's opinion piece and tweet about it.

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 4543
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#1382

Post by OldAle1 » June 2nd, 2020, 2:30 pm

Onderhond wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 2:18 pm
Cippenham wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm
Is it true you are now considered a racist if you still support lockdowns in the US because the left want to go and throw rocks because of what a bad policeman did? This is what I was reading.
Yes. The left (all 170 million of them) got together in a Zoom meeting this morning and decided exactly that. They then sent a message to the right so they could accurately report on it in some newspaper's opinion piece and tweet about it.
Zoinks! You figured out our evil plan! But we would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4297
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1383

Post by Onderhond » June 2nd, 2020, 2:39 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 2:30 pm
Zoinks! You figured out our evil plan! But we would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Doesn't mean those opinions aren't out there though (and that you don't even have to look very hard for them).
Leave it to people on the left to alienate the middle ground when elections are drawing closer. Who needs their votes, right!

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 2053
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#1384

Post by peeptoad » June 2nd, 2020, 5:50 pm

Just found out that one of my co-workers passed away a couple of days ago. No reason was given by the director of our department, but he was an older guy and had some existing health problems, so this damn virus is probably the culprit (several other staff members also have been sick but recovered) . :(

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1385

Post by Knaldskalle » June 2nd, 2020, 6:45 pm

Cippenham wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 6:10 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ve-coming/

The idea of a second wave comes from the Spanish flu. Many experts don’t believe in a second wave in this case.
sebby wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:06 am
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... econd-wave

The idea of a second wave comes from a basic understanding of virology. 90+% of experts believe a second wave is inevitable in this case.
Cippenham wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:59 am
Well they are wrong according the one i quote who is an expert , they are basing it on Spanish flu which this is not . We will find out. The Asian and Hong Kong flu epidemics has small second waves, nowhere near as bad as the first.
Meanwhile in Iran...
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1386

Post by Cippenham » June 3rd, 2020, 4:53 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... gniter-rhr


Sweden didn’t get it much wrong Ferguson admits

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 6365
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#1387

Post by sebby » June 3rd, 2020, 7:04 am

Cippenham wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 4:53 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... gniter-rhr


Sweden didn’t get it much wrong Ferguson admits
Yeah, Sweden is doing just great. Now can claim the highest per capita death rate due to covid in all of Europe and their economy has experienced a similar hit to countries doing stricter lockdowns. As I already pointed out a page or two back.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1388

Post by Knaldskalle » June 3rd, 2020, 7:07 am

Cippenham wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 4:53 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... gniter-rhr


Sweden didn’t get it much wrong Ferguson admits
Really? I'd hate for Sweden to be doing it wrong if this the outcome when they're doing it right... Sweden's COVID death rate 10 times higher than Norway's.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1389

Post by Cippenham » June 3rd, 2020, 9:01 am

In the uk our government is thinking of creating a sovereign wealth fund and to invest in major companies as a result of this crisis

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11873
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#1390

Post by Armoreska » June 3rd, 2020, 9:19 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 7:07 am
Cippenham wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 4:53 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... gniter-rhr


Sweden didn’t get it much wrong Ferguson admits
Really? I'd hate for Sweden to be doing it wrong if this the outcome when they're doing it right... Sweden's COVID death rate 10 times higher than Norway's.
Still lower than Belgium, Spain, France, Italy, UK
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4297
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1391

Post by Onderhond » June 3rd, 2020, 10:31 am

Sweden's main virologist on how what he would change

I know most of you guys don't speak Dutch, but I'm sure this story will reach other news outlets. In short, the architect of the Swedish approach thinks too many people died in his country and would go for a solution that holds the midst of their approach and the full lockdown approach of other countries. With Belgium slowly coming out of its lockdown, with many people bending and threading on the new rules and with the curve still steadily going downwards, I think that sounds at least sensible.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20258
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#1392

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 3rd, 2020, 11:17 am

I know Cipp isn't american but I love how Americans will complain about th economy shutting down, but not the fact they threw away literally trillions to fix the stock market for sometimes not even an hour. That money could have so easily been used to cover like 75% of wages for businesses that closed and rent coverage.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13304
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#1393

Post by Cippenham » June 3rd, 2020, 8:22 pm

It’s not real money At this stage it’s like monopoly Money.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1394

Post by Knaldskalle » June 4th, 2020, 12:26 am

Cipp is right. I'll take Pennsylvania Avenue and $1,000,000,000 please.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#1395

Post by funkybusiness » June 4th, 2020, 12:36 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:26 am
Cipp is right. I'll take Pennsylvania Avenue and $1,000,000,000 please.
oh come on, knuckles. everybody knows you go for the red and orange properties first.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1396

Post by Knaldskalle » June 4th, 2020, 2:26 am

funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:36 am
Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:26 am
Cipp is right. I'll take Pennsylvania Avenue and $1,000,000,000 please.
oh come on, knuckles. everybody knows you go for the red and orange properties first.
I guess not having played Monopoly in 30+ years is showing. Besides, where I'm from the names and the colors are different, so I'm at a disadvantage from that in addition to not liking the game. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#1397

Post by funkybusiness » June 4th, 2020, 3:07 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 2:26 am
funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:36 am
Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:26 am
Cipp is right. I'll take Pennsylvania Avenue and $1,000,000,000 please.
oh come on, knuckles. everybody knows you go for the red and orange properties first.
I guess not having played Monopoly in 30+ years is showing. Besides, where I'm from the names and the colors are different, so I'm at a disadvantage from that in addition to not liking the game. :shrug:
no one likes Monopoly.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#1398

Post by xianjiro » June 4th, 2020, 3:24 am

funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:07 am
Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 2:26 am
funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:36 am

oh come on, knuckles. everybody knows you go for the red and orange properties first.
I guess not having played Monopoly in 30+ years is showing. Besides, where I'm from the names and the colors are different, so I'm at a disadvantage from that in addition to not liking the game. :shrug:
no one likes Monopoly.
so, what I wanna know is: funky, when you gunna give Covid-19 the business?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#1399

Post by funkybusiness » June 4th, 2020, 3:38 am

xianjiro wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:24 am
funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:07 am
Knaldskalle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 2:26 am


I guess not having played Monopoly in 30+ years is showing. Besides, where I'm from the names and the colors are different, so I'm at a disadvantage from that in addition to not liking the game. :shrug:
no one likes Monopoly.
so, what I wanna know is: funky, when you gunna give Covid-19 the business?
ya know, there's all these theories out there, some of them conspiratorial in nature, as to the origins of Covid-19, but for my (funny, canadian-colored monopoly) money, I think it's French, because I contacted it as to gunna give business proposals, as you suggest, but instead of funky I think it thought I said fongique business. So I've been applying an ointment daily but nothing seems to be happening to the markets. Sorry, folks.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#1400

Post by xianjiro » June 4th, 2020, 4:07 am

funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:38 am
xianjiro wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:24 am
funkybusiness wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:07 am

no one likes Monopoly.
so, what I wanna know is: funky, when you gunna give Covid-19 the business?
ya know, there's all these theories out there, some of them conspiratorial in nature, as to the origins of Covid-19, but for my (funny, canadian-colored monopoly) money, I think it's French, because I contacted it as to gunna give business proposals, as you suggest, but instead of funky I think it thought I said fongique business. So I've been applying an ointment daily but nothing seems to be happening to the markets. Sorry, folks.
wait, US markets seems to only be going up? Not so up north? (D:)

edit: you know, kinda like that little graph showing number of cases 📈

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Post Reply