Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Google Maps & Streetview

Lammetje
Donator

Google Maps & Streetview

Post by Lammetje » July 14th, 2019, 11:13 am

This is a thread for interesting, strange and/or funny things you can find on Google Maps or Streetview. I'll start off with these Brazilian goats crossing Surumu River. Why is only one of the goats' faces blurred? :think:

Kegashka is not that far from Vieux-Fort, but it would take quite some time to get there by car:

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

albajos

Post by albajos » July 14th, 2019, 11:30 am

Lammetje wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 11:13 am
Why is only one of the goats' faces blurred? :think:
Witness protection. The two others live, one the other hand, very boring lives.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Perhaps he (or she) was killed by the googlecar right after it made the shot?
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Coryn

Post by Coryn » July 14th, 2019, 12:29 pm

This game based on google streetview is a lot of fun by the way

https://geoguessr.com/
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » July 14th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Lammetje wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 11:13 am
This is a thread for interesting, strange and/or funny things you can find on Google Maps or Streetview. I'll start off with these Brazilian goats crossing Surumu River. Why is only one of the goats' faces blurred? :think:

Kegashka is not that far from Vieux-Fort, but it would take quite some time to get there by car:

That trip to Kegashka passes through my home town.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Lots of water in that area and no villages deep into the land
Btw that shot makes me notice a beautiful-looking island
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9 ... eur_Island
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » July 14th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Lots of water in that area and no villages deep into the land
Btw that shot makes me notice a beautiful-looking island
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9 ... eur_Island
We just call that area Manac 5. There is a big hydro dam there, that powers most of Quebec and portions of the north eastern states including NYC.