Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

Easy-cooking recipes with healthy ingredient

Post Reply
wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

Easy-cooking recipes with healthy ingredient

#1

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Recently, a friend started to send me healthy recipes. Some of them are good, so I want to share. Welcome to share interesting healthy recipes!

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#2

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 10:55 pm

healthy-3-ingredient-flourless-brownies:
https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-3-i ... -brownies/

For the brownie to have ice-cream taste:
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend well.
Put it in frozen after taking out from oven for 3-5 hours.
Last edited by wasabi on April 17th, 2019, 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#3

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Last edited by wasabi on April 16th, 2019, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#4

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Banana ice cream:(not tried yet)
1. 2 or 3 tbsp milk
2. 2 sliced and frozen bananas
3. add little chocolate powder
4. add vanilla extract(optional)
3. blend all the ingredients
Last edited by wasabi on April 16th, 2019, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#5

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 11:03 pm

chocolate pudding(not tried):
1 avocado
1 banana
4 dates
some blueberries
1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder

Note: do not microwave date...


wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#7

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 11:09 pm

Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies(not tried):
https://runningonrealfood.com/flourless ... l-cookies/

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#8

Post by wasabi » April 16th, 2019, 11:11 pm

RAW CHOCOLATE DATE FUDGE:

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#9

Post by mjf314 » April 17th, 2019, 12:19 am

I tried the plantain bread recipe with green plantains and with yellow plantains, and I recommend yellow plantains (green was a little bit tasteless).

I tried the avocado-chocolate pudding sweetened only with banana, and it was good, so I would say the other fruits are optional.

I also tried chia-chocolate pudding sweetened only with dates, but it wasn't as good as the avocado-chocolate pudding. I'm not sure if the problem was the lack of avocado or the lack of banana.


User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 7064
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#11

Post by 3eyes » April 17th, 2019, 4:27 pm

this is my own invention, and I don't deal in exact quantities of ingredients, sorry. (If I did they'e be cups & teaspoons.)

All-purpose no-cook pudding, which you may or may not think healthy depending on your definition: it calls for full-fat Greek yogurt and/or full-fat buttermilk, stevia-sweetened vanilla whey powder, and plain gelatine powder. you can add fruit, spices, flavors of choice. my most usual variation is (for ca 1 qt/liter pudding) for using up overripe bananas:

sprinkle 2t (ca 5g) plain gelatine on over 3-4 oz/100ml cold liquid of choice (water, orange juice, cold coffee, etc) to soften
mash a couple of overripe bananas
stir in a little lime or lemon juice, a couple of tablespoons whey powder; add ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, dash of salt
I usually pour in a little buttermilk for texture at this point, then add yogurt - stir everything together until reasonably smooth.
Melt softened gelatin on stovetop until liquid is fairly clear but not bubbling; stir into pudding, pour into quart-size bowl and chill.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#12

Post by mjf314 » April 17th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Maybe this is too simple to call it a recipe, but recently I've been eating Siggi's plain yogurt mixed with sliced banana. Maybe next time I'll try adding cardamon or cinnamon.

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#13

Post by wasabi » April 18th, 2019, 12:31 am

mjf314 wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Maybe this is too simple to call it a recipe, but recently I've been eating Siggi's plain yogurt mixed with sliced banana. Maybe next time I'll try adding cardamon or cinnamon.
Which one do you mean? The yogurt recipe? I think the yogurt stayed fresh for 1.5 weeks.

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#14

Post by mjf314 » April 18th, 2019, 12:47 am

wasabi wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 12:31 am
mjf314 wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Maybe this is too simple to call it a recipe, but recently I've been eating Siggi's plain yogurt mixed with sliced banana. Maybe next time I'll try adding cardamon or cinnamon.
Which one do you mean? The yogurt recipe? I think the yogurt stayed fresh for 1.5 weeks.
I was talking about my own recipe (yogurt with sliced banana).

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#15

Post by wasabi » April 30th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Roasted Chickpea Snack:
1. Soak chickpeas for 3 hours.
2. Filter water, mixed with little salt, then freeze chickpeas for about 30min or longer.
I used 2g salt for 100g chickpeas, amount of salt maybe vary.
3. Put frozen chickpeas in oven, 350 degrees, 20min.

I like the taste, it's a little bit sweet, a great snack to replace chips .

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#16

Post by wasabi » August 13th, 2019, 1:21 am

Soy milk with lentils: (healthy dessert)
It's quite simple, just use some boiled lentils mixed with milk/soy milk/nut milk. And add sugar if you like.

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#17

Post by wasabi » June 23rd, 2020, 4:07 am

I made cold brew tea today. It's very easy and I really liked the taste.

It was sweeter than hot brew tea, and it had a slightly white peach flavor.

I used black tea leaves(Tie Guan Yin), some posts mentioned Oolong and green tea taste good too.

The easiest way is to throw a tea-bag into the water, and leave it in the fridge overnight.

https://www.ohhowcivilized.com/make-bes ... cold-brew/

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#18

Post by mjf314 » June 23rd, 2020, 12:44 pm

I recently tried these two recipes. Both are vegan and sweetened with dates.

Black bean brownies: https://www.rhiansrecipes.com/vegan-bla ... ownies-gf/
Chickpea cookie dough: https://theconscientiouseater.com/5-ing ... kie-dough/

I also like avocado chocolate pudding, but avocados are annoying because they're not always good.

Chickpea chocolate pudding is good too (sorry, I don't remember the exact recipe).


User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30872
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#20

Post by mightysparks » July 4th, 2020, 8:15 am

When I don't have many calories left for dinner and am too lazy to cook, this is my meal of choice (eating it now). Cut two carrots into smaller slices, boil, drain, mix with honey and butter. Poke holes in potato, microwave for 5 minutes. Cut in half. Cover with butter, cheese, herbs/salt/pepper, microwave to melt cheese.

Gonna try that korma at some point, looks good.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#21

Post by wasabi » July 9th, 2020, 11:29 pm

I tried this recipe, really like it. I replaced added sugar with 6 dried jujubee(cut into small pieces), and I used 4 bananas instead of 3.
https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-banana-tea-bread/

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#22

Post by wasabi » July 17th, 2020, 1:12 pm

I found this vegan keto bread recipe is not very hard to follow:

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30872
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#23

Post by mightysparks » July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am

This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 2258
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#24

Post by peeptoad » July 20th, 2020, 12:41 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am
This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.
That looks delicious. I just printed the recipe...

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#25

Post by mjf314 » July 26th, 2020, 10:40 pm

I made this spreadsheet today: Healthy vegan dessert recipes

It's organized by type of dessert. Most of the recipes are WFPB and fruit-sweetened.

If I forgot any popular types of desserts, let me know, and I'll see if I can find a WFPB version of it.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30872
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#26

Post by mightysparks » July 27th, 2020, 10:57 am

This isn't healthy, but very easy and delicious (also not vegan sorry): 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake (kladdkaka). I don't think I've ever had a cake so perfectly gooey.

I also made ratatouille for dinner which was pretty good, but that had a lot of prep so I'm not so sure if that qualifies as easy: https://cookieandkate.com/best-ratatouille-recipe/
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 2258
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#27

Post by peeptoad » July 27th, 2020, 12:01 pm

peeptoad wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 12:41 pm
mightysparks wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am
This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.
That looks delicious. I just printed the recipe...
...and it tasted delicious. I doubled the salad part (more tomatoes and parsley than the recipe called for) and added chopped cilantro. Noms. I'm eating the leftovers tonight...

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30872
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#28

Post by mightysparks » July 27th, 2020, 12:06 pm

peeptoad wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 12:01 pm
peeptoad wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 12:41 pm
mightysparks wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am
This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.
That looks delicious. I just printed the recipe...
...and it tasted delicious. I doubled the salad part (more tomatoes and parsley than the recipe called for) and added chopped cilantro. Noms. I'm eating the leftovers tonight...
:thumbsup: I've been craving it again ever since I had it. I didn't even like sweet potato until a couple of months ago and now I can't get enough.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#29

Post by wasabi » July 27th, 2020, 4:20 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 10:57 am
This isn't healthy, but very easy and delicious (also not vegan sorry): 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake (kladdkaka). I don't think I've ever had a cake so perfectly gooey.

I also made ratatouille for dinner which was pretty good, but that had a lot of prep so I'm not so sure if that qualifies as easy: https://cookieandkate.com/best-ratatouille-recipe/
It can be healthy if you replace 1¾ cups sugar with dried jujubes slices or ripe bananas. :lol:


wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#31

Post by wasabi » August 4th, 2020, 12:03 am

Vegan avocado and banana bread:
https://holycowvegan.net/butterless-avocado-brioche/
https://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/ ... read-2243/
I mixed these 2 recipes, replaced vegan butter with coconut milk.

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 2258
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#32

Post by peeptoad » August 12th, 2020, 2:18 pm

wasabi wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 11:29 pm
I tried this recipe, really like it. I replaced added sugar with 6 dried jujubee(cut into small pieces), and I used 4 bananas instead of 3.
https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-banana-tea-bread/
Thanks for posting this. I made it a few days ago and it came out great. I also used 4 bananas instead of 3, and used palm dates in place of the sugar. Next time I'll also try applesauce instead of canola oil.

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 7064
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#33

Post by 3eyes » August 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm

I made tofu soup - diced firm tofu sauted in peanut/sesame chili oil w ginger, garlic, scallions; add chicken (or veg) stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Chinese 5-spice powder; top with crumbled nori sheets. One could also add rice or noodles for complete protein, or rice crackers on side.

(PS. The problem I have with this thread is what counts as "healthy".)
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

wasabi
Posts: 286
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#34

Post by wasabi » August 28th, 2020, 3:15 am

3eyes wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm
I made tofu soup - diced firm tofu sauted in peanut/sesame chili oil w ginger, garlic, scallions; add chicken (or veg) stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Chinese 5-spice powder; top with crumbled nori sheets. One could also add rice or noodles for complete protein, or rice crackers on side.

(PS. The problem I have with this thread is what counts as "healthy".)
I googled healthy food: any natural food popularly believed to promote or sustain good health, as by containing vital nutrients, being grown without the use of pesticides, or having a low sodium or fat content.

I think less processed/whole food is usually considered to be healthy.

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 7064
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#35

Post by 3eyes » August 28th, 2020, 9:32 pm

wasabi wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 3:15 am
3eyes wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm
I made tofu soup - diced firm tofu sauted in peanut/sesame chili oil w ginger, garlic, scallions; add chicken (or veg) stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Chinese 5-spice powder; top with crumbled nori sheets. One could also add rice or noodles for complete protein, or rice crackers on side.

(PS. The problem I have with this thread is what counts as "healthy".)
I googled healthy food: any natural food popularly believed to promote or sustain good health, as by containing vital nutrients, being grown without the use of pesticides, or having a low sodium or fat content.

I think less processed/whole food is usually considered to be healthy.
Thanks, wasabi. I reckon that's the bottom line but the specifics vary widely - me, I aim for high protein - low carb, don't worry overmuch about fat. My cardiologist agrees. But then there are issues like dairy - tolerance for which depends on your genetic makeup, I guess. and the whole vegetarian/vegan ball of wax. Concerns about ecological responsibility. Etc. etc. etc., which may not be strictly health issues but hot-button nonetheless. So I guess I was really wondering how the folks on this thread define "healthy."
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Post Reply