This is our new forum, if you have questions see THIS THREAD
If you had an account we've reset the password, click the "I forgot my password" link on the login page and check your spam. If you still have trouble go to the old forum and check your PMs or make a post for help, or send an email to Admin@icmforum.com
Thank you to everyone who donated to our fundraiser: https://fundrazr.com/01Mtqd for helping make this happen.
500<400 2018 Update: Submit your list!! (Sep 22nd)
Polls: Middle East (Results), 1972 awards (Sep 23rd), 1991 (Sep 30th)
Challenges: Comedy, Germany, Silent
World Cup: Round 2 schedule, Match 2B (Sep 23rd), Match 2C (Oct 7th)
Film of the Week: H.M.S. Defiant

Forum Transition FAQ

PeacefulAnarchy

Forum Transition FAQ

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 12:51 am

This is a quick rundown of what you need to know. If anything is not answered, please ask, whether that be problems you're having or feature requests.

Where is it:
https://forum.icmforum.com

What about http://www.icmforum.com?
That leads to the old forum for now, we'll redirect it here in a few days, but it would be messy to try to get everyone doing things with the domain in flux. icmforum.com without the www will also work point here. So if you don't want to change your bookmarks they'll work fine in a few days.

Whats the "s" in https?
The new forum has SSL, which means that it's just that little bit more secure, as when you send your password and other messages they're encrypted until they get to the server. On the login page you'll see the little lock beside the url in your browser. While browsing the little lock may have a warning sign. That's just because if even one little image someone posted is not https then the full lock won't display. Your connection to the forum itself remains secure.

My password doesn't work!
Because we can't see passwords and don't have access to the database here there was no way to port your password over. We've generated new passwords for you which have been sent in a PM. If you didn't get it or lost it you can still login to the new forum by clicking the forgot password link and following the link sent to your email (CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!). You should change your temporary password to something else, even your previous password here, so that it remains private.

How do I change my password?
User control panel(top right with your username) > Profile > Edit account settings
or use this link: http://forum.icmforum.com/ucp.php?i=ucp ... eg_details

Why are we leaving?
Zetaboards has been bought out by tapatalk, this has brought about some changes and communication has been very slippery and ambiguous. It's possible we could have stuck it through with tapatalk but they don't have a good reputation so we felt it best to move thanks to the wonderful support from the community.

Doesn't hosting cost money?
Yes, and thanks to the generous donations of over 50 members we now have hosting paid for several years. The forum will always remain free to use, so if you didn't or couldn't donate that's ok, we're glad to have all of you here.

What else do I have to do?
Your avatar and signature are also not ported over, so you'll need to update those.
Your signature should most likely, with a few exceptions, work in the new forum if you just cut and paste it. If you have issues ask here.
Avatars on the new forum are 150w by 250h as opposed to 150x150 here. However, unlike on zeta, the forum software will not automatically resize your image, so you will need to do that yourself, either on your computer or an imagehost like imgur. If you have issues let us know and we'll help you out.

Did anything else not transfer?
PMs didn't transfer as they, like passwords, are private and we can not access them. They're still there so you can copy them or save them if you want. All posts, post counts, email,s registration dates transferred, polls results did not.

I don't like how it looks! :(
In your control panel you've got various styles to choose from, we will tweak these on feedback and may add one or two more in the coming months.
Provide feedback on style and appearance Here

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 1:13 am

Some threads have their titles cutoff. I will fix that in a few hours.
It's fixed

sol
Donator

Post by sol » July 9th, 2018, 5:22 am

The wink emotion ;) is coming up with :) instead when you click on it and typing ;) does nothing. Not the icon that I use the most, but one that I like to refer to every now and again.

Very cool to have :ICM: :imdb: and :letbxd: clickable emotions though!

Oh, and a smaller :facepalm: always helps!
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 5:23 am

Hmm, must have mistyped something I'll fix that. I also want to modify that emoticon list which is way to big on the post page.
:) ;)

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 9th, 2018, 7:36 am

Gah no Active topics, I'm gonna take a vacation :sleeping:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 9th, 2018, 9:05 am

Armoreska wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 7:36 am
I’m mostly viewing on my phone, so you can’t see the latest topic, just The forums. I feel your pain bro

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 9th, 2018, 10:52 am

Armoreska wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 7:36 am
With you there. The Off-topic forum is constantly marked as unread for me, because don't read the football-topic. Now I keep clicking that forum to see if there are new unread topics. <_<

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » July 9th, 2018, 11:42 am

I don't see what good "I forgot my password" does. It just tells me to send an email to myself and then says there's no such user/address. I'm going around and around and anything I try to do it just tells me to log in again.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 9th, 2018, 11:54 am

Why do you need to use forgot my password if you are already logged in and posting?

If you can't remember your password and are logged out then putting in your username will send you an email with a link so you can create a new password. Of course it depends on which email address you registered with.

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » July 9th, 2018, 11:56 am

3eyes wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 11:42 am
I don't see what good "I forgot my password" does. It just tells me to send an email to myself and then says there's no such user/address. I'm going around and around and anything I try to do it just tells me to log in again.
Easier to use this link 3eyes:

ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 9th, 2018, 11:58 am

Ah, sorry I guess you are wanting to create a new password rather than having forgot your password.

Thanks for the link 72. Useful.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » July 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Is everybody else turning off alerts? It's a useful tool for things likely the weekly review thread, but I'm getting notifications also whenever anyone posts a new viewing in the challenge threads - which is incredibly annoying.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 9th, 2018, 1:44 pm

sol wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm
Is everybody else turning off alerts? It's a useful tool for things likely the weekly review thread, but I'm getting notifications also whenever anyone posts a new viewing in the challenge threads - which is incredibly annoying.
Yeah, I've turned everything off. I think it's useful for people who just occasionally come here. When you're here everyday, I don't see the need for notifications.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm

sol wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm
If you like alerts but not so many you can change the settings to suit you better. And yeah it depends how often you're here.

Also search is up. I hope.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Haven't tested searching, but active topics is working. :)

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » July 9th, 2018, 3:13 pm

joachimt wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Haven't tested searching, but active topics is working. :)
Ahhhhh......relief.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » July 9th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Thanks! Works like a charm.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » July 9th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Am I missing something (maybe a setting I need to change), but are signatures not working yet? I made mine exactly like the one I had on the old forum and saved it, but it doesn't seem to be showing up yet on my posts here.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 3:48 pm

You have to either check the attach signature box on your post

Or in board preference > edit posting defaults change it to alaway include your signature.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm

I recommend everyone to go through all tabs of the user control panel. There are lots of things there which you might want to set otherwise.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Yeah, the user control panel has a lot of options, but the design is kind of cumbersome. Unfortunately that's not something I can change short term but I do hope to change it eventually.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » July 9th, 2018, 3:55 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Or in board preference > edit posting defaults change it to alaway include your signature.
Ah, I see that now. Got it, thanks!
I thrive best hermit-style.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

sol
Donator

Post by sol » July 9th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Found the settings for notifications
Edit notification options
Here you can set your preferred notification methods for the board.

NOTIFICATION TYPE NOTIFICATIONS EMAIL
Posting Notifications
Your topics/posts are approved or disapproved by a moderator
Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked
Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed
Someone quotes you in a post
Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed
Miscellaneous Notifications
Someone sends you a private message
Um, I guess I should have on the 'disapproved by a moderator' notification. :blink: Other than that, I'll probably just keep on when I am quoted, PMs and maybe bookmarked topics, though I haven't bookmarked anything yet.
Image Image Image

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » July 9th, 2018, 4:17 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:55 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Ah, I see that now. Got it, thanks!
Maybe that was the setting I missed.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 9th, 2018, 4:18 pm

joachimt wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm
I recommend everyone to go through all tabs of the user control panel. There are lots of things there which you might want to set otherwise.
Just make sure you keep PM notifications on.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 4:24 pm

AdamH wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 4:18 pm
joachimt wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Just make sure you keep PM notifications on.
I'm not sure that's necessary since the PM box has it's own notification counter. Can you PM me to check.

Edit: Confirmed. Best to turn it off for me then.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » July 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

It looks like this forum keeps the signature static to a post, instead of updating your signature everywhere whenever you update your signature in your settings (based on Gruesome's two posts: viewtopic.php?p=521112#p521112 and viewtopic.php?p=521118#p521118 )

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm
It looks like this forum keeps the signature static to a post, instead of updating your signature everywhere whenever you update your signature in your settings (based on Gruesome's two posts: viewtopic.php?p=521112#p521112 and viewtopic.php?p=521118#p521118 )
No, it keeps the signature settings static to a post. So if you pick post 1 to show a signature and post 2 not to then post two will never show your signature, but post 1 will show whatever your current signature is.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » July 9th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Apologies if already asked/answered elsewhere, but is it no longer going to be possible to make polls in threads?

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Sure, unless I accidentally disabled that setting. I'll check. You can't make multiple polls though.

Edit: It works fine. Below the preview/ submit buttons there's a tab for making polls. .

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 9th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Split the Movie and non-movie related forums (I know games is largely movie games, it balances better like this :shrug: )
Also, now you can click the category names and view the active topics in just those categories.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 10th, 2018, 12:22 am

There's a profile option now for your iCheckMovies username

Tasselfoot

Post by Tasselfoot » July 15th, 2018, 8:09 pm

can the filesize for uploaded avatars be increased? it's currently 31kb, which is pretty darn small. my standard avatar, for example, is 80kb.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 15th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Tasselfoot wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 8:09 pm
can the filesize for uploaded avatars be increased? it's currently 31kb, which is pretty darn small. my standard avatar, for example, is 80kb.
I will consider it (the phpbb default was 8kb so this was already an increase) after I do some calculations, but the avatar you had on the other forum is 8.5kb, so it shouldn't be a problem. The version you have on icm is 3.4 kb. Even this: http://dragonlancereadingorder.com/imag ... rrfoot.jpg which is too big dimension wise is only 23kb. For 150x250 32kb should be fine for the vast majority of non-animated things.

wowwee123

Post by wowwee123 » July 26th, 2018, 2:42 am

Is there a way to see who else is viewing the thread you're looking at?

wowwee123

Post by wowwee123 » July 26th, 2018, 2:46 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Sure, unless I accidentally disabled that setting. I'll check. You can't make multiple polls though.

Edit: It works fine. Below the preview/ submit buttons there's a tab for making polls. .
Can the thread creator delete the poll they make? (Reason I'm asking, is, that in the previous forum, I needed to contact a mod to do so.)

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 26th, 2018, 4:19 am

wowwee123 wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 2:42 am
Very bottom of the page, on the left, there is a "Who is online" section.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 26th, 2018, 4:37 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 4:19 am
wowwee123 wrote:
I believe that only indicates who is reading that subforum, not any specific thread. You can click on it and get a more detailed listing but it just says "reading a topic in [subforum]".

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 26th, 2018, 4:53 am

funkybusiness wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 4:37 am
maxwelldeux wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 4:19 am
wowwee123 wrote:
I believe that only indicates who is reading that subforum, not any specific thread. You can click on it and get a more detailed listing but it just says "reading a topic in [subforum]".
I think you're right. But still better than nothing? :shrug:

fear of 13

Post by fear of 13 » July 28th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Very nice new forum here.

I need to spend some more time browsing around but this looks really good.