Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

How many countries can you name?

User avatar
mondovertigo
Posts: 319
Joined: Jul 20, 2015
Contact:

How many countries can you name?

#41

Post by mondovertigo » February 17th, 2016, 9:13 pm

126/197. I can never remember the names of islands..
Image

User avatar
Dolwphin
Posts: 3729
Joined: Jul 10, 2011
Location: Sweden
Contact:

#42

Post by Dolwphin » February 17th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Lammetje on Feb 17 2016, 11:44:07 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Oct 8 2013, 10:55:09 AM wrote:167/197. A bit disappointing, but there were a few countries I didn't know the English spelling of. And too bad about those tags covering up the map. Anyway, nice game, probably going to try this again. :)
I got 'em all in 11 minutes and 6 seconds, but that's because I've been a Sporcle addict for quite a while now. I love the geography games in particular. Anyone care to try one of my games? :P
Burkina Faso's capital does not have more than six vowels?
Top 200 | https://rateyourmusic.com/~Dolwphin

Member of the Experimental Mafia.

User avatar
Dolwphin
Posts: 3729
Joined: Jul 10, 2011
Location: Sweden
Contact:

#43

Post by Dolwphin » February 17th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Dolwphin on Feb 17 2016, 04:08:37 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Feb 17 2016, 11:44:07 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Oct 8 2013, 10:55:09 AM wrote:167/197. A bit disappointing, but there were a few countries I didn't know the English spelling of. And too bad about those tags covering up the map. Anyway, nice game, probably going to try this again. :)
I got 'em all in 11 minutes and 6 seconds, but that's because I've been a Sporcle addict for quite a while now. I love the geography games in particular. Anyone care to try one of my games? :P
Burkina Faso's capital does not have more than six vowels?
Never mind, misunderstood that section completely.
Top 200 | https://rateyourmusic.com/~Dolwphin

Member of the Experimental Mafia.

Bobby Peru
Posts: 528
Joined: May 08, 2011
Location: Southampton, England
Contact:

#44

Post by Bobby Peru » February 17th, 2016, 11:39 pm

An incredibly embarrassing 75/197. Couldn't get the spellings right for 4 of them, but just had a complete mind blank for about five minutes.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12749
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#45

Post by monty » February 18th, 2016, 12:01 am

196/197 - Missed out on Guyana of all things
Last edited by monty on February 18th, 2016, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4380
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Location: ∅ ⋁ ⋀ ∞ | myself am Hell
Contact:

#46

Post by Carmel1379 » February 18th, 2016, 9:06 pm

Last edited by Carmel1379 on October 27th, 2018, 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
Image
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#47

Post by Lammetje » February 18th, 2016, 9:32 pm

Carmel98 on Feb 18 2016, 02:06:21 PM wrote:Here is a nice quiz on African countries: http://online.seterra.net/en/vgp/3034 (with more nicer quizzes underneath). It's harder to drag/point out and place than simply name whatever comes to your mind.
Let's see if anyone can beat this (first try):

Image
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#48

Post by Lammetje » February 1st, 2017, 8:40 pm

I got 195/197 in this game. :(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1134
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#49

Post by Lakigigar » March 19th, 2018, 9:11 pm

Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Image
170/199

Two countries that i missed because i had the wrong English name
And i also forgot some countries that i obviously know like
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Cabo Verde, Italy, San Marino, Vanuatu, Fiji, Botswana and Burkina Faso, must have forgotten Italy because I thought i'd named it, and it seemed like i named all European countries... Well apparently not.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29358
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#50

Post by joachimt » March 19th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Don't think I ever tried this before. Just did but gave up after a few minutes. So many countries I don't know the English name for. And if I do I often misspell it.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#51

Post by Lammetje » October 27th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Anyone want to have a crack at this game?
SpoilerShow
I got all of them. B)

Image

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 3501
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#52

Post by OldAle1 » October 27th, 2018, 11:35 pm

USA, the country everybody wants to live in, especially now that we're Great again
Our friends - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, the Philippines, North Korea
Shithole countries: all the rest

Can I be Emperor?

User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4380
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Location: ∅ ⋁ ⋀ ∞ | myself am Hell
Contact:

#53

Post by Carmel1379 » October 27th, 2018, 11:48 pm

[redundant post]
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
Image
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11236
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#54

Post by Armoreska » October 28th, 2018, 9:31 am

Lammetje wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 9:27 pm
Anyone want to have a crack at this game?
SpoilerShow
I got all of them. B)

Image
Without preparing? HOW are you so wise?

I got 4 in and died without even getting to hard countries that I only know the region for.

Try this one then:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/Matt/find_the_states
I got 20/50 but in the end I got some in for free.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#55

Post by Lammetje » October 28th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Armoreska wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 9:31 am
Lammetje wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 9:27 pm
Anyone want to have a crack at this game?
SpoilerShow
I got all of them. B)

Image
Without preparing? HOW are you so wise?

I got 4 in and died without even getting to hard countries that I only know the region for.

Try this one then:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/Matt/find_the_states
I got 20/50 but in the end I got some in for free.
Image

I'm an avid Sporcler, I love geography games in particular. This was a walk in the park. B)

User avatar
flaiky
Posts: 1399
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Location: London UK
Contact:

#56

Post by flaiky » October 28th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Did it yesterday and got 127. Tried again today and got 148. I agree it's annoying how it's done - if it coloured the map rather than covering it with names, it would be much easier to see exactly where your gaps are and trigger your brain.

Fun game though! I can see myself continuously practicing until I'm able to get them all.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1134
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#57

Post by Lakigigar » November 30th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Got 9/187 (fuck Marshall Islands) and 50/50.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29358
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#58

Post by joachimt » February 22nd, 2019, 6:09 pm

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3177
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#59

Post by Fergenaprido » February 24th, 2019, 6:40 am

Also an avid sporcler and mainly play the geography games there.
I can indeed name all the countries of the world, but I only got 191 right in locating them correctly when I played that game last September. Some were stupid mistakes, and some were due to what flaiky mentioned about covering the countries with names.
When darinh moved his sporcle quizzes to how own site hugequiz I migrated there. Cities are much more interesting and challenging to me than countries (and there are so many more of them).

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#60

Post by Lammetje » February 25th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 6:40 am
Also an avid sporcler and mainly play the geography games there.
I can indeed name all the countries of the world, but I only got 191 right in locating them correctly when I played that game last September. Some were stupid mistakes, and some were due to what flaiky mentioned about covering the countries with names.
When darinh moved his sporcle quizzes to how own site hugequiz I migrated there. Cities are much more interesting and challenging to me than countries (and there are so many more of them).
:cheers:

I'm following you now. :ph43r:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3177
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#61

Post by Fergenaprido » February 26th, 2019, 4:23 am

Lammetje wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 6:40 am
Also an avid sporcler and mainly play the geography games there.
I can indeed name all the countries of the world, but I only got 191 right in locating them correctly when I played that game last September. Some were stupid mistakes, and some were due to what flaiky mentioned about covering the countries with names.
When darinh moved his sporcle quizzes to how own site hugequiz I migrated there. Cities are much more interesting and challenging to me than countries (and there are so many more of them).
:cheers:

I'm following you now. :ph43r:
Ah, so that's who it was. :D Nice Polish Letter Cities quiz.

If you like the geography games, check out darinh's www.hugequiz.com and poke around there. He's also got a lot of quizzes on movies and awards, but I'm not as good at those. My memory's been filled up with random place names for far too long to start adding film titles lol

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#62

Post by Lammetje » February 26th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 4:23 am
Lammetje wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 6:40 am
Also an avid sporcler and mainly play the geography games there.
I can indeed name all the countries of the world, but I only got 191 right in locating them correctly when I played that game last September. Some were stupid mistakes, and some were due to what flaiky mentioned about covering the countries with names.
When darinh moved his sporcle quizzes to how own site hugequiz I migrated there. Cities are much more interesting and challenging to me than countries (and there are so many more of them).
:cheers:

I'm following you now. :ph43r:
Ah, so that's who it was. :D Nice Polish Letter Cities quiz.

If you like the geography games, check out darinh's www.hugequiz.com and poke around there. He's also got a lot of quizzes on movies and awards, but I'm not as good at those. My memory's been filled up with random place names for far too long to start adding film titles lol
Thanks, I still need to update that quiz though. I've tried one quiz on the website you mentioned, but it's not as good as Sporcle. Image
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1134
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#63

Post by Lakigigar » March 2nd, 2019, 1:58 pm

Image

Ended 8th, was able to name 197 out of 571 Belgian cities and towns.

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3177
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#64

Post by Fergenaprido » March 2nd, 2019, 5:36 pm

Oooh, nice. Way better than I can do on Belgium. I'm good at my own country and Spain, but beyond that I only tend to get the major cities plus places I've been to. If I took the Belgium one I doubt I'd get more than a dozen places, likely the most usual suspects.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1134
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#65

Post by Lakigigar » March 3rd, 2019, 2:42 pm

Well i could name 32 cities and towns in Spain (some lucky guesses also). Of course, with Belgium i have the advantage i'm from there.

User avatar
Coryn
Posts: 567
Joined: Dec 05, 2018
Contact:

#66

Post by Coryn » March 3rd, 2019, 7:23 pm

Don't have access to my pc until Wednesday but will try it as well.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#67

Post by Lammetje » July 31st, 2019, 9:24 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 5:36 pm
Oooh, nice. Way better than I can do on Belgium. I'm good at my own country and Spain, but beyond that I only tend to get the major cities plus places I've been to. If I took the Belgium one I doubt I'd get more than a dozen places, likely the most usual suspects.
How the hell did you get this in one second, Fergie? :o

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MrWhiplas ... ities-copy

Image
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3177
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#68

Post by Fergenaprido » July 31st, 2019, 9:37 pm

Lammetje wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 9:24 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 5:36 pm
Oooh, nice. Way better than I can do on Belgium. I'm good at my own country and Spain, but beyond that I only tend to get the major cities plus places I've been to. If I took the Belgium one I doubt I'd get more than a dozen places, likely the most usual suspects.
How the hell did you get this in one second, Fergie? :o

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MrWhiplas ... ities-copy

Image
Probably one of those instances where my connection was lagging, so I was typing in quickly, but the game wasn't counting down properly. I guess it took me about 3 seconds to type those 5 answers :D
Usually, the lag hurts me though, especially if I make a typo. It can get really frustrating, and sometimes I have to refresh a quiz just so it loads properly without lag.

User avatar
Ivan0716
Posts: 1046
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Contact:

#69

Post by Ivan0716 » August 2nd, 2019, 5:10 am

148/197, I could have gotten a couple more if I didn't spend 2 minutes trying to spell Kyrygyzstan (and still not get it). <_<
SpoilerShow
Image

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 6619
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#70

Post by maxwelldeux » August 2nd, 2019, 5:29 am

Ivan0716 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:10 am
148/197, I could have gotten a couple more if I didn't spend 2 minutes trying to spell Kyrygyzstan (and still not get it). <_<
SpoilerShow
Image
If you're going to play on Sporcle much, you REALLY need to learn to spell it. :P

User avatar
Ivan0716
Posts: 1046
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Contact:

#71

Post by Ivan0716 » August 2nd, 2019, 5:37 am

It's actually pretty fun, just tried the capital cities.

83/197...I'm basically clueless outside of Europe, gave up with 2 mins to spare, and that's after 5 minutes of trying to put "city" after country names.
SpoilerShow
Image

Post Reply