Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

monk-time on Apr 8 2018, 03:02:04 PM wrote:Um, I understand the post-scarcity society is coming, but a 75 MB gif is still a bit too much. @Coco LaBerge?
but it's so damn cute! I :wub: it!
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Everyone, don't forget to select an avatar! And by the way, did this thread got merged with Funky's thread (the one called "talkin' 'bout avatars")?
Hippiemans

Post by Hippiemans »

Decided to go with a new avatar for the new forum. It's a pic of my favorite French actress Françoise Dorléac.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Decided to make my avatar of an artist that is forgotten here. He was a big deal during 2012-era icm.
rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 »

frbrown

Post by frbrown »

Anyone know if it's possible to have multiple/rotating avatars on this forum? On the old forum I could use a website like SignAvatar to rotate between several images, but I couldn't get it to work here.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

How does signavatar work? Don't see a reason it would work on zeta not here, as long as all the images fit the dimension limits
frbrown

Post by frbrown »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 5:12 am How does signavatar work? Don't see a reason it would work on zeta not here, as long as all the images fit the dimension limits
They DON'T fit the dimension limits. My current avatar doesn't fit the limits either, but I'm able to re-size it. That doesn't seem to work when linking to signavatar, which has multiple images, with different dimensions.
bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x »

frbrown wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm Anyone know if it's possible to have multiple/rotating avatars on this forum? On the old forum I could use a website like SignAvatar to rotate between several images, but I couldn't get it to work here.
Happy to hear they don't work here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Can't say I'm a fan of your new avatar, Ettie. :(
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

When looking for threads about avatars (what's more important, right?) I came across this classic: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2013. The thread is closed though. Could you post your Stephen Merchant avatar here once again, Mighty? Just for old time's sake? :turned:

For anyone who doesn't remember what my Anna Kendrick avatar looked like:
Spoiler
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Mighty? :(
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Sorry checked this thread while I was out and forgot, will have to go searching for it later.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Was this it? I don't remember which one it was (didn't read the other thread because I'm tired of reading about people complaining about me):

https://imgur.com/eYfaeWB.gif
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Oh god, why did I click on this thread?
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

mightysparks wrote: October 26th, 2018, 12:10 am Was this it? I don't remember which one it was (didn't read the other thread because I'm tired of reading about people complaining about me):

https://imgur.com/eYfaeWB.gif
Yes! tehe
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Lammetje wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:33 pm Can't say I'm a fan of your new avatar, Ettie. :(
Is it better now? :P
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

I'm a fan of all of 'em.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: November 8th, 2018, 2:32 am
Lammetje wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:33 pm Can't say I'm a fan of your new avatar, Ettie. :(
Is it better now? :P
A little Image
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Lammetje wrote: November 8th, 2018, 6:26 pm A little Image
At least his are wearing clothes!
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Was tempted to troll and take it even further, but decided not to. Might as well make it a selfie for now so I can get used to how I look.
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

Mine is from The Neon Demon. I love the vibrant warm colours, the vibe, the feeling and the aesthetics of it.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

You know you're obsessed with an album when you recreate the cover.
RBG

Post by RBG »

LOL that looks great

mine is from the red spectacles which is very cat intensive

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: November 15th, 2018, 8:30 pm You know you're obsessed with an album when you recreate the cover.
never commented on this so I'll do so belatedly. I like it.

do Robyn - Honey next
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Not sure what's better. My current avatar or this one
Spoiler
albajos

Post by albajos »

I just had to. Maybe I'll bring back Tim Curry for Halloween
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Armo, what's the story behind your new avatar? :(

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Lammetje wrote: October 19th, 2019, 9:27 am Armo, what's the story behind your new avatar? :(
Just an escaping-flying piggy. Who knows the true story but word is the pig didn't finish the escape. =(
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes »

For those who tuned in late, mine is a painting by my daughter (after spending a few days in a psych ward awhile back).

Trouble with this thread, though, is that many of the avatars referred to in messages have changed since.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!
yllow

Post by yllow »

I think I got it from some paint shades. I like the pattern.
rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 »

Mine's a still from Brutal Ardour.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkk8wr 14:30 ish.
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

mine is one of my co-workers... really.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I thought I posted here already about my current avatar. Anyway, I've posted about this guy often enough, so I guess you know by now.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

rnilsson19 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 3:57 pm Mine's a still from Brutal Ardour.
:thumbsup:
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Adam finally has an avatar now. I believe Local and Allie are among the biggest posters who don't have one.

More memorable quotes
AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH »

Lammetje wrote: August 9th, 2020, 1:30 pm Adam finally has an avatar now. I believe Local and Allie are among the biggest posters who don't have one.
Haha, glad you noticed. :D
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:58 pm Not sure what's better. My current avatar or this one
Spoiler
are we voting on size or content?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

joachimt wrote: October 24th, 2019, 5:29 pm I thought I posted here already about my current avatar. Anyway, I've posted about this guy often enough, so I guess you know by now.
he's a politician, right ;)
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

mine was how my heart felt after the last 2016 US presidential selection - don't you just love the cool animation?