Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 14th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Of course, a 6.67% chance that you'll see one of the new ones. They're all from Rebecca too, obviously...
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 7th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Time for a change. Besides, Mighty and Kas have suffered long enough.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 9th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Monty, what have you done? :satstunned:

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 9th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Lammetje on Sep 9 2015, 12:29:52 PM wrote:Monty, what have you done? :satstunned:
Indeed, the most shocking thing that happened to this forum this year. :o
I've been here since February 2012 and he never changed his avatar all that time. I think he didn't even change it from the very beginning.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 26th, 2015, 9:14 am

I'm glad that he has changed it back. :)

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 17th, 2015, 9:15 am

Ettie! :finger:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 17th, 2015, 9:18 am

Lammetje on Oct 17 2015, 03:15:31 AM wrote:Ettie! :finger:
Look in the off-topic lounge. I even mentioned you. LET'S SEE IF YOU ARE A MAN OF YOUR WORD
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 17th, 2015, 9:28 am

OHHHH SHIT IT'S ON

Watch. It'll be some sort of stalemate. Both of us will be too stubborn and as a result everyone else is just going to get annoyed.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on October 17th, 2015, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 17th, 2015, 9:29 am

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 17 2015, 03:18:07 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Oct 17 2015, 03:15:31 AM wrote:Ettie! :finger:
Look in the off-topic lounge. I even mentioned you. LET'S SEE IF YOU ARE A MAN OF YOUR WORD
B)

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » October 17th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Melisandre and Dumbo -- everybody wins!

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » October 17th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Oct 17 2015, 08:32:13 AM wrote:Melisandre and Dumbo -- everybody wins!
that's my favorite fan theory. that Game of Thrones is a prequel to the Disney canon.

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » October 18th, 2015, 1:32 am

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 20 2014, 02:28:25 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Oct 19 2014, 04:36:42 PM wrote:
ArthurYanthar on Oct 19 2014, 03:27:29 PM wrote:Hey man, gotta keep things fresh. Of course one could argue that I should change the theme of my set of avatars to keep things fresh, but that's just silly. Dunno when or if this crush will be over, considering the fact that I'd turn straight for her, it's unlikely that it'll change soon.
Hm. Seems I remember there was more fascinating Hollywood trivia appended to this post, but I must have imagined it. B)
It was a half asleep kind of thing, and it made me realize that it could open up tons of technicalities to my sexuality, like if I date a trans, does that make me bi then?

Of course, I could always put it back, it is some very important trivia about this legendary actress.
I hope this current crush is as short as this movie:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 18th, 2015, 9:18 am

Kasparius on Oct 17 2015, 07:32:54 PM wrote:I hope this current crush is as short as this movie:
Awww does someone already miss Joan Fontaine?

Btw LOL you must as well give up hope now, cause this is my most intense crush yet! Well, Alain Delon is prob the most intense cause during my few years of denying my homosexuality, he is what made me think "Ok. I wanna fuck dudes". In fact, with my current crush one online friend who has prob more intense crushes than me said "lol calm down". He actually asked me once why it's like this if I'm gay and don't have any sexual feelings for her. I was drunk then so it turned out to be an essay (drunk essays are probably the worst), but I can put in a concise version here:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
The thing that started this crush was watching and reading interviews. I usually try to look up their influences and all that shit if I like an artist. I'm pretty sure that this was all in one interview too, where she said "I'm a hermit. I pretty much have no friends and I hate going out. I just like to stay at home, read books, watch Herzog and John Waters movies, and listen to black metal" and I just thought... well fuck, here comes the crush.

The concert was a big factor too actually (I bought the tickets BEFORE the crush happened so shhh). Seeing her in person and making her amazing songs ever better didn't help. Also the looks too. I think it was Local in my favoruite albums thread. He said that I have two types of girl crushes. Doe-eyed with dreamy vocals (mostly silent or pre-code era) and the tattoed, pierced, leather goth/occult dominatrix. She's someone that achieves both at once. Also, unique facial features are the shit. Her face is almost skull-like, if that makes sense, and that fucked up chin gives character.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on October 18th, 2015, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 18th, 2015, 9:46 am

That's like my Stephen Merchant thing. Listening to the XFM radio shows and the podcasts were the biggest factor. My crushes normally only last a couple of months and it's almost been 3 years now.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 20th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Lim? :blink:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 24th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 17 2015, 03:28:20 AM wrote:OHHHH SHIT IT'S ON

Watch. It'll be some sort of stalemate. Both of us will be too stubborn and as a result everyone else is just going to get annoyed.
<--- It ain't over yet!
Last edited by Lammetje on October 24th, 2015, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 24th, 2015, 8:34 pm

That avatar is somehow worse... maybe I've just gotten desensitized to the other one. But never fear. One sided celebrity crushes on the wrong end of my sexual orientation spectrum conquers all.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 31st, 2015, 9:30 pm

All right, I'll back off.

My new one is still Bollywood, but most likely less annoying to the average forum member.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » October 31st, 2015, 9:33 pm

is he trying to look badass while holding a balloon?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 31st, 2015, 9:34 pm

Not as badass as this balloon man

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » October 31st, 2015, 9:52 pm

funkybusiness on Oct 31 2015, 03:33:18 PM wrote:is he trying to look badass while holding a balloon?
Maybe it's a used condom he found on the side of the road. In which case, it might not be "badass" per se, but it's certainly daring.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » October 31st, 2015, 9:56 pm

funkybusiness on Oct 31 2015, 03:33:18 PM wrote:is he trying to look badass while holding a balloon?
I just checked. It's a lantern with the post still attached to it - which you can't see, because he's holding it horizontally.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 20th, 2016, 8:17 am

mightysparks on Mar 28 2015, 09:23:48 AM wrote:
ArthurYanthar on Mar 28 2015, 03:47:58 AM wrote:Mighty, since you have an almost unhealthy obsession with a certain number, you will be pleased to know that this just happened:

tehe

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 20th, 2016, 8:21 am

one more time, what was that website?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 20th, 2016, 8:22 am

Jesus... http://signavatar.com/

Maybe I should just make my avatar that url since I have to post it so often :P

Fun fact, I didn't even try to do this, but if I wanted to change the set to Grimes I would already have 66 avatars, and that's before doing the 15-20 minutes of tumblr browsing.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 23rd, 2016, 2:53 am

Ettinauer226XL on Feb 20 2016, 01:22:35 AM wrote:Fun fact, I didn't even try to do this, but if I wanted to change the set to Grimes I would already have 66 avatars, and that's before doing the 15-20 minutes of tumblr browsing.
Even though Chelsea will always remain in my heart, I'm more tempted to do this now. I lurk on /mu/ sometimes cause they are so fucked up there, and one guy posted a link of his Grimes photo collection. I was curious so I downloaded it and it was seriously like 1200 photos. That plus the few that I have. I could make the biggest avatar set of all time. You might never see the same photo twice.

Unfortunately signavatar has a 500 avatar limit so I gotta try to find one that is unlimited.

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » February 23rd, 2016, 2:58 am

You should do dog shit avatar, you could find thousands and they would all look better than your current one.
Last edited by Kasparius on February 23rd, 2016, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 23rd, 2016, 4:29 am

Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 07:58:38 PM wrote:You should do dog shit avatar, you could find thousands and they would all look better than your current one.
Now now. Listen. I know that you're still broken up about Joan being gone. Honestly, a part of me is too. But she's gone now. Unfortunately it was beyond our control, but don't worry. It was not your fault. Just because you miss her so, it doesn't mean that just should resent the next person that entered my heart. Give her a chance. You might even think she's pretty cool. She loves Herzog.

I'm even more tempted for Grimes now cause I'm 100% sure that you will find her even less attractive.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on February 23rd, 2016, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » February 23rd, 2016, 4:55 am

I dunno, she ain't my type, but it's a change.

plasma_birds

Post by plasma_birds » February 23rd, 2016, 7:38 am

Stealing Arthur's thunder and trying his avatar widget right now because, as much as I love that Hildegard of Bingen illumination, I could use some variety. Would be nice if there was a way to make the avatars stay for some time before rotating but I still dig this a lot.
Last edited by plasma_birds on February 23rd, 2016, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 23rd, 2016, 8:15 am

plasma_birds on Feb 23 2016, 12:38:16 AM wrote:Stealing Arthur's thunder and trying his avatar widget right now because, as much as I love that Hildegard of Bingen illumination, I could use some variety. Would be nice if there was a way to make the avatars stay for some time before rotating but I still dig this a lot.
I just gotchu on some power rangers-esque headset 80s pink jacket gal. nice.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 23rd, 2016, 11:10 am

Both women are not your type... it seems like your judgement of heterosexual desires is completely off.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 26th, 2016, 6:59 pm

About signavatar.com:
Is there a script or something like that, which allows you to bulk-add a lot of URLs together? The way I see it now, you have to manually copy-paste one URL at a time into the add-URL page, then add them in groups of three. Very time-consuming, if you want to add a lot of URLs.
ICM-profile

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 26th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Well it's 3 at a time, but yea no bulk adding. I didn't have a problem with it because I would usually only start with a dozen avatars or so and then slowly build it up from there when I find more pics.

If I'm gonna change my avatar set to Grimes (honestly, unless some major protest happens to get rid of Chelsea I'm not gonna change it) then I'll need to find another similar site that adds in bulk.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 26th, 2016, 7:55 pm

I'm trying it out now.
ICM-profile

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 26th, 2016, 9:14 pm

It's quite progressive of you to progress into having multiple avatars.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 26th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Ettinauer226XL on Feb 26 2016, 02:14:05 PM wrote:It's quite progressive of you to progress into having multiple avatars.
I'm a prog-guy, you know. ^_^
ICM-profile

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 26th, 2016, 9:29 pm

joachimt on Feb 26 2016, 02:28:07 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Feb 26 2016, 02:14:05 PM wrote:It's quite progressive of you to progress into having multiple avatars.
I'm a prog-guy, you know. ^_^
jeff buckley — grace when I saw this post.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 27th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Since I was doing tax law homework all day I did a "work for 5 minutes and add 5 avatars" kind of thing. I can change it to Grimes now if you guys want, with 175 avatars (over 100 more). There'll be more variety and there's a change. But, Chelsea is more of my bae, and her music is WAYYYY better than Grimes'. Plus I remember following Grimes on tumblr and after a few weeks I just couldn't stand her anymore.

I guess it's up to you guys if you want a change or not.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 27th, 2016, 1:44 pm

I never minded Chelsea.
ICM-profile