Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

Armoreska

Re: Avatars

Post by Armoreska » August 9th, 2020, 11:23 pm

xianjiro wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 9:07 pm
joachimt wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 5:29 pm
I thought I posted here already about my current avatar. Anyway, I've posted about this guy often enough, so I guess you know by now.
he's a politician, right ;)
It's from his passionate speech against immigrants that nabbed him the president's throne. It's an official check too.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 9th, 2020, 11:51 pm

Armoreska wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 11:23 pm
xianjiro wrote:
joachimt wrote:
I thought I posted here already about my current avatar. Anyway, I've posted about this guy often enough, so I guess you know by now.
It's from his passionate speech against immigrants that nabbed him the president's throne. It's an official check too.
thought so - bet he's an anti-vaxxer and is opposed to mask wearers as well

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 10th, 2020, 11:41 am

xianjiro wrote:
joachimt wrote:
Yeah, he's an ultra right-wing politician. In this picture he's having the stage at a party meeting and he's shouting "WHITE POOOOOOOOWER"!!

Let me rectify this immediately in case he happens to read this, because it's the complete opposite actually. He's very left-wing, very much making a case for nature and environment. He's a musician (duh) from Canada and on stage he's the most enjoyable person I've ever seen.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm

xianjiro wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 11:51 pm
Armoreska wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 11:23 pm
xianjiro wrote:

thought so - bet he's an anti-vaxxer and is opposed to mask wearers as well
Clearly spreading a lot of germs shouting without a mask
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 10th, 2020, 8:42 pm

The first few months (or maybe even a year) after J-Dog adopted his new avatar, upon seeing that avatar it would look to me like someone who got hit in his eye with either the 8 ball or the black ball from a snooker set. After a second or so I'd be like "no that's a dude yelling into a mic, just like the previous 20 times you saw that avatar." But my brain seems to have finally learned its lesson now.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 10th, 2020, 8:57 pm

have to admit, though, I've absolutely no face recognition. Might know the band or even his name, but yeah, he looks like some neo-fasc nutter screaming about mudbloods or something (sorry, but it's just what I see and while I associate the avatar with your posts, I don't associate any of those ideas with you - thus a bit of cognitive dissonance when I first saw the avatar)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » August 10th, 2020, 8:57 pm

He looks like a darts player to me.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » August 10th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Onderhond wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:57 pm
He looks like a darts player to me.
100%

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm

Lammetje wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 1:30 pm
Adam finally has an avatar now. I believe Local and Allie are among the biggest posters who don't have one.
Now that I've finally joined the group of people with avatars, I think it's time to campaign for the avatar-less members to get one.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 11th, 2020, 12:04 am

What inducements you got for the avatarless? And that doesn't include me - I'll return to my usual avatar when the US gets a president.

sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 11th, 2020, 12:07 am

xianjiro wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 12:04 am
What inducements you got for the avatarless? And that doesn't include me - I'll return to my usual avatar when the US gets a president.
at least 4 years of black it is then
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 11th, 2020, 12:10 am

xianjiro wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 12:04 am
You have an avatar :)

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 11th, 2020, 10:03 am

I’ll change it to a friendlier pic of the same guy (when I’m back home).
ICM-profile

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 11th, 2020, 9:12 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:03 am
I hope that's not because we've been teasing you :P Been doing much PVV canvasing on vacation?

sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 12th, 2020, 6:10 am

xianjiro wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:12 pm
joachimt wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:03 am
I hope that's not because we've been teasing you :P Been doing much PVV canvasing on vacation?
There's always a bit of truth in teasing, isn't there? ;)
It's just fun to have a new one now and then, but when you associate my avatar with the PVV (you're talking about the ultra right party in The Netherlands, right?), it's certainly time for a new one. :D
ICM-profile

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 12th, 2020, 7:35 am

joachimt wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 6:10 am
but when you associate my avatar with the PVV (you're talking about the ultra right party in The Netherlands, right?),
LOL - you should know the answer to that by now. Of course that's exactly what I meant! :thumbsup: (Even though I admit I had to look it up since while I was familiar with the Dutch far wrong on some level, I didn't have their name/acronym - or in this case, acridnym). There are other kinds of woke - one of which is aware what's happening around the planet, not that I mean to brag, much. :cowbow:

sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 14th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Is this better? Same guy.
ICM-profile

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » August 14th, 2020, 6:03 pm

AdamH wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Lammetje wrote:
Adam finally has an avatar now. I believe Local and Allie are among the biggest posters who don't have one.
Now that I've finally joined the group of people with avatars, I think it's time to campaign for the avatar-less members to get one.
I had one at one point.. I think I lost it when we switched to the new forum a couple years ago?

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 14th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 6:03 pm
AdamH wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Lammetje wrote:
I had one at one point.. I think I lost it when we switched to the new forum a couple years ago?
Yep, same as me. Took me a couple of years to get a new one as well.

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » August 14th, 2020, 7:33 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Is this better? Same guy.
I am so happy I have tears in my eyes. ;)

But seriously though, now that it is gone, I really did hate your last avatar. Looked like a very angry screaming man about to eat a ball.

Maybe it is because I am simple minded, but I find that people's avatars affect how we view that person a little bit. Something goofy - lighthearted, some thing serious - thinker, image from a silent film - older person, etc. Complete crap of course, but it flavours the posts a little bit. Your old avatar made your comments seem angry and annoyed.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 14th, 2020, 8:05 pm

At the official forum my avatar is a little pic of my daughter flying like a butterfly when she was very little. Do you think I'm a kinder person there? :lol:

But I understand what you're saying. I'm having the same ideas with some avatars as well. monty has always been a grumpy man to me........ oh wait, he really is! :lol:
ICM-profile

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 14th, 2020, 9:01 pm

Avatars don't affect how I view somebody.
Anyway it won't affect how I view JT since we already know how he looks in RL anyway.

But escaping a cage to faceplant is actually an allegory for my life.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434