Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

Do you smoke weed?

Gershwin
Donator

Do you smoke weed?

Post by Gershwin » April 25th, 2018, 9:15 pm

xianjiro on Apr 25 2018, 11:32:47 AM wrote:
Gershwin on Apr 25 2018, 08:25:42 AM wrote:I used to smoke a few times a year, always with friends. But that was before I got married, got a fulltime job and got kids. :sweat:
Last time has been about 6 years ago, I guess. I'd like to experience the effect again, but I don't think I will, because I don't want to touch tobacco ever again (and pure weed seems a bit too much).
is random or mandatory drug test a thing in the EU?

even though it's legal in my state, that doesn't mean one can't be fired for testing positive for it at work AFAIK
Nope. Not in the Netherlands, anyhow. I even work for the government, but I don't think I'd get into trouble when all of my colleagues knew I smoked regularly.

It's just that I always sleep until 3PM, whenever I've been using weed. It gets me extremely dozy for almost 24 hours. Which feels lovely, but that's why I practically never touched the stuff since I had a serious job.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

monty

Post by monty » April 25th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Gershwin on Apr 25 2018, 03:15:30 PM wrote:It's just that I always sleep until 3PM, whenever I've been using weed. It gets me extremely dozy for almost 24 hours. Which feels lovely, but that's why I practically never touched the stuff since I had a serious job.
What about holidays then? Ever feel tempted?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 26th, 2018, 8:54 am

maxwelldeux on Apr 25 2018, 01:02:03 PM wrote:
xianjiro on Apr 25 2018, 12:10:24 PM wrote:another topic - do your fur babies drink beer? - mine does and she's pretty insistent about it. We visit a friends house in the warmer months and the dogs cavort around the yard while the humans jaw. If someone forgets and sets a beer on the front porch, my girl will find it.

Haven't caught her smoking weed yet, but I know what she'd do if anyone left a magic brownie lying around. Haven't had anything like that in the house for a while, but I'd never put it anywhere besides on the kitchen counter.

Have experimented a bit with weed for her age and arthritis pain - had better results with plain aspirin (or pirin tablets, if one is named Albert Goldman) so she doesn't get tincture drops any longer
The barky ones don't, but the cat will "sip" beer occasionally. She'll get in these moods where she insists on tasting it, and will fight to dip her paw in the beer and then lick it. If it wasn't so adorable, I'd yell at her.

My little dog has gotten into the pot a couple times. Literally a few days after we got him (3-5 days), I had to miss my uncle's funeral, and I was sad. So I ate part of a pot-chocolate bar and tried to ride out the misery. Well, I wasn't used to our new dog, and put the rest of the bar in a place where he could find it. And he did. When my wife got home from errands, she asked where Walter was. I had no clue (I barely knew where I was). She found him under the bed, stoned out of his mind. A few hours, several hundred dollars, and a missed Christmas party later, he was back home in recovery.

A year or so later, we dropped another edible (much less concentrated), and he got it instantly, before we were even able to bend over. I ended up holding him for hours, and told him that he'd used up his one "freebie". He was fine later that evening.

Since then, he's been largely pot free for a couple years now. :whistling:
did the vet do anything or did you basically have to ride it out?

no suggestion one should be cavelier with edibles, but it seems pretty clear that small amounts aren't any more an issue for dogs than humans - don't know about cats, well, other than they have their own special 'herb'

again, it seems pretty hard to OD on weed

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

RBG

Post by RBG » April 26th, 2018, 1:36 pm

the chocolate was probably more dangerous. chocolate can kill small dogs
Last edited by RBG on April 26th, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » April 26th, 2018, 2:00 pm

xianjiro on Apr 25 2018, 12:10:24 PM wrote:Have experimented a bit with weed for her age and arthritis pain - had better results with plain aspirin (or pirin tablets, if one is named Albert Goldman) so she doesn't get tincture drops any longer
One of our own dogs is well into her teens and started suffering terribly from arthritis. We've seen remarkable improvements in her by using several products on a daily basis such as green-lipped mussel powder, CBD oil, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, and raw fish such as sprat or sardines once or twice a week. Plenty of wonderful treatments out there. Dogs First have a very informative and helpful page on Facebook if you are on there.

Wishing you well!
Last edited by RogerTheMovieManiac88 on April 26th, 2018, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's all, folks!

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » April 26th, 2018, 5:26 pm

xianjiro on Apr 26 2018, 02:54:11 AM wrote:did the vet do anything or did you basically have to ride it out?

no suggestion one should be cavelier with edibles, but it seems pretty clear that small amounts aren't any more an issue for dogs than humans - don't know about cats, well, other than they have their own special 'herb'

again, it seems pretty hard to OD on weed
With the first incident, Wife brought him into vet emergency, and he got his stomach pumped, and I think the vet gave him something to counteract effects. The second incident was NOT chocolate (and less concentrated), so he just rode that one out.

And yeah, hard for humans to OD on weed, but it's much more toxic to dogs.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » April 26th, 2018, 5:41 pm

I smoked weed regularly from like age 15-17, but at some point it hit me that I really didn't like it anymore - and I knew a lot of people who were messing up their lives, or even getting mentally ill because of it - and I pretty much completely stopped. Even at uni I only smoked it a few times (usually only if I was on much stronger stuff!)

I got high again last autumn, when I was in California (I mean you have to, right?) ..I was already drunk and it completely messed me up. :wacko: Some really weak hash is all I would be interested in smoking again (never skunk; fuck skunk).
Last edited by flaiky on April 26th, 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 26th, 2018, 6:32 pm

RogerTheMovieManiac88 on Apr 26 2018, 08:00:58 AM wrote:
xianjiro on Apr 25 2018, 12:10:24 PM wrote:Have experimented a bit with weed for her age and arthritis pain - had better results with plain aspirin (or pirin tablets, if one is named Albert Goldman) so she doesn't get tincture drops any longer
One of our own dogs is well into her teens and started suffering terribly from arthritis. We've seen remarkable improvements in her by using several products on a daily basis such as green-lipped mussel powder, CBD oil, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, and raw fish such as sprat or sardines once or twice a week. Plenty of wonderful treatments out there. Dogs First have a very informative and helpful page on Facebook if you are on there.

Wishing you well!
thanks Roger! :) some neat ideas to think about

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

sebby

Post by sebby » April 30th, 2018, 3:53 am

Feeling a little delightful. I believe I took 25% too much medicine. Think I'll try to watch Umbrellas now.... Assume I will enjoy it.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 4th, 2018, 2:53 am

I went to smoke a cone but found one my boyfriend had left. He normally spins with tobacco but it didn't look like much so I smoked it. But um there was a lot of tobacco and now I can barely see or stay upright lol. Guess I'll have to wait a few hours to work on my essay now :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

sebby

Post by sebby » May 18th, 2018, 8:28 am

I'm watching you got mail and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm rooting so hard for these two. I'm laughing at the jokes. Tom Hanks just uttered an off-the-cuff punchline and it took me five minutes (seconds not minutes) to get it and it was brilliantly complex. Am master this man is.

Here we have some kids sitting down. Among them is Tom, holding a balloon.

"Good thing it wasn't the tub"

I want Steve Zahn to end up with that other girl that works in the ship .
Last edited by sebby on May 18th, 2018, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 18th, 2018, 9:08 am

but, Sebby Dearest, are you stoned or just a sucker for popular romcom?

sol can find me here

sebby

Post by sebby » May 18th, 2018, 9:11 am

Would I be watching YGM (aww I shouldn't slag it, it's so lovely) if I hadn't overmedicated? Dosaging is haaard with weed. I just bought a vaporizer and I got higher while smoking less weed. How does that even happen.

Mac and Cheese cuurently on the stove.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 18th, 2018, 10:44 am

lol

sol can find me here

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 18th, 2018, 12:19 pm

I only tried to see one film on weed which was Dog Star Man. Couldn't really get into it. I think I prefer to listen to music when high.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

sebby

Post by sebby » May 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm

One hour in, You've Got Mail stopped being funny and charming. Who knows why that happened :whistling:

sebby

Post by sebby » May 18th, 2018, 8:07 pm

XxXApathy420XxX on May 18 2018, 06:19:54 AM wrote:I only tried to see one film on weed which was Dog Star Man. Couldn't really get into it. I think I prefer to listen to music when high.
I can more clearly hear the separation of instruments when listening to music a little stoned. It also sounds much more lush. It's like upgrading my $100 headphones to a $2500 setup.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 18th, 2018, 8:15 pm

sebby on May 18 2018, 02:07:03 PM wrote:
XxXApathy420XxX on May 18 2018, 06:19:54 AM wrote:I only tried to see one film on weed which was Dog Star Man. Couldn't really get into it. I think I prefer to listen to music when high.
I can more clearly hear the separation of instruments when listening to music a little stoned. It also sounds much more lush. It's like upgrading my $100 headphones to a $2500 setup.
Listening to DJ Screw's Bigtyme Vol II: All Screwed Up and Chuck Person's Eccojams on weed were life-changing experiences.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 21st, 2018, 8:08 pm

Just ate my first edible. Wish me luck

sebby

Post by sebby » May 21st, 2018, 8:10 pm

Good luck. I'm a little afraid of edibles because they take so long to kick in.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » May 21st, 2018, 8:13 pm

Have fun! It's sort of a different high than if you just smoke it, but can be very enjoyable. :)

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 21st, 2018, 8:17 pm

sebby on May 21 2018, 02:10:52 PM wrote:Good luck. I'm a little afraid of edibles because they take so long to kick in.
Eat them on an empty stomach. They kick in faster/better.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 21st, 2018, 8:18 pm

maxwelldeux on May 21 2018, 02:17:14 PM wrote:
sebby on May 21 2018, 02:10:52 PM wrote:Good luck. I'm a little afraid of edibles because they take so long to kick in.
That's what I did. Learned my lesson after doing mushrooms a few times.

I did this quick recipe

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 21st, 2018, 8:36 pm

XxXApathy420XxX on May 21 2018, 02:18:17 PM wrote:
maxwelldeux on May 21 2018, 02:17:14 PM wrote:
That's what I did. Learned my lesson after doing mushrooms a few times.
My unsolicited advice: Resist the urge to eat more.

The first time I tried edibles, I was told to eat a quarter of it, wait a while, then if you don't feel anything, have some more. So I did exactly that - I quartered my candy, then ate a quarter. After an hour(ish), I didn't feel anything so I ate another quarter. Still nothing. Eventually, after finishing the whole candy, I gave up waiting for the high and went to bed.

Some time in the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of gunshots. I'm lying in bed in a panic, trying to figure out if I need to move my wife and I to a safer part of the house, and whether it's even safe for me to find my dog to protect her. I'm desperately ranking the relative safety of rooms in my house, when I hear them again AND THEY'RE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE omg nevermind that was my wife coughing. Not gunshots. OK. Reducing heart rate. Everything's fine. Go back to sleep.

15 minutes later MORE GUNSHOTS oh wait, that's just my wife coughing again. Back to sleep.

Repeat that for the rest of the night. I didn't sleep well. :whistling:

sebby

Post by sebby » May 21st, 2018, 9:05 pm

And that's why I'd probably take a xanax in conjunction with an edible. A nice safety net for a bed-mate's gunshots.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 21st, 2018, 9:33 pm

sebby on May 21 2018, 03:05:36 PM wrote:And that's why I'd probably take a xanax in conjunction with an edible. A nice safety net for a bed-mate's gunshots.
Heh. I've not actually had that paranoia problem ever again, but it was scary as hell when it happened that one time. I can't fault your plan, though. :thumbsup:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 21st, 2018, 9:47 pm

I have a confession to make. My taste in women is known here as being quite strange. For the past few weeks I've been crushing on more conventionally looking celebs. What is wrong with me. Am I becoming more normal?

Yea safe to say they've kicked in.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 21st, 2018, 10:02 pm

XxXApathy420XxX on May 21 2018, 03:47:06 PM wrote:I have a confession to make. My taste in women is known here as being quite strange. For the past few weeks I've been crushing on more conventionally looking celebs. What is wrong with me. Am I becoming more normal?

This is a good problem to have - normalcy is underrated.

And good luck on your journey! tehe

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » May 21st, 2018, 10:48 pm

monty on Apr 25 2018, 03:48:39 PM wrote:
Gershwin on Apr 25 2018, 03:15:30 PM wrote:It's just that I always sleep until 3PM, whenever I've been using weed. It gets me extremely dozy for almost 24 hours. Which feels lovely, but that's why I practically never touched the stuff since I had a serious job.
What about holidays then? Ever feel tempted?
Nah, nope. Kids. :rolleyes:

I might get back to it when they learn sleeping in, so I don't have to be an extremely responsible parent at 6 AM. :)
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

sebby

Post by sebby » May 21st, 2018, 11:32 pm

XxXApathy420XxX on May 21 2018, 03:47:06 PM wrote:I have a confession to make. My taste in women is known here as being quite strange. For the past few weeks I've been crushing on more conventionally looking celebs. What is wrong with me. Am I becoming more normal?

Have you started watching You've Got Mail yet :whistling:

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 22nd, 2018, 12:18 am

Yeah, edibles and full stomach are problematic. The other issue with edibles is not really knowing how strong something is going to be. So yeah, empty stomach and start with a quarter (or less if you're more sensitive like me) and wait for at least an hour.

I'm sure everyone who's tried edibles has at least one 'story'. Mine wasn't so scary, just ended up way-too-super-stoned for my liking and about all you can do is ride it out (and hopefully sleep).

Have found though that a small amount of alcohol with my tincture drops in it provides pretty quick uptake - again, quickest if I haven't eaten in a while. Wonder if such would work with other edibles, but that gets into to the way digestion works, what is being broken down and absorbed, etc. The simpler the food, the quicker the uptake.

There is one other issue with make-your-own stuff. Your oven has to be the right temperature and you can't rush it. If the temp is low, little to no THC/CBD transfers to the oil and too high burns (probably not the right word) it off. I've resorted to two oven thermometers in different places, but managed to get it to work in the end.

Last, and most important, as noted before - DON'T LEAVE EDIBLES LYING AROUND WHERE ANYONE ELSE CAN GET THEM - especially if they can't read the packaging (kids, animals) or you made it yourself.

sol can find me here

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 22nd, 2018, 12:27 am

Yea my bro made a bunch of weed cupcakes when I was like 19/20 and said I’d have to eat like 10 to feel anything. I ate 2, then 2 more coz I wanted more cupcakes but an hour later it kicked in coz my heart was beating a million miles an hour, then I felt tingling shooting sensations up my arms and legs so I just let myself melt into the bed. Never had that kind of effect from smoking, but every edible I’ve had since has just made me sleepy.

We have a ‘named’ strain at the moment, Karamel kush, which has been Pretty great with a good high. Wish we could get cool stuff like this more easily like you lucky people where it’s legal :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 22nd, 2018, 1:39 am

well, when you become a famous horror director, you'll move to Hollywood and life will be smokin' easy! :)

sol can find me here

sebby

Post by sebby » May 22nd, 2018, 2:10 am

I still need to try Obama Kush. I feel like the high will be kinda nice, but a bit underwhelming.

Minkin

Post by Minkin » August 15th, 2020, 12:08 am

I thought I'd bump an old topic.

The first time I tried pot was last September, where for my S/O's birthday, we went to this weed resort and stayed at the Haunted Mansion room!

I did edibles for my first experience - and ended up taking 25mg (which remains to this day the most I've ever taken) (standard dose is 10mg). The first 'sign' something was different -was that I thought Bob Ross' hair was incredibly funny. I then proceeded to lay there and see the the statues in the room moving on their own + weird shimmery effects on the walls. I had a panic attack at one point and thought I should never do this again.

About a month later, I tried again and things went a lot smoother. So now we get high twice a week - on weekends and on Wednesday (which we call mid-week weekend)!

I've had a dozen professionals tell me that I shouldn't touch weed, due to my schizophrenia (oddly though, my therapist thinks its great and said "wait until you try mushrooms!" :lol: ). But weed is the only thing which takes the pain of existence away for me (hell, it prevented a suicide attempt this Wednesday). I'm looking into micro-dosing for when I'm struggling. The only other bad experience I've had with pot - was one time (when I hadn't taken my meds), I thought I died, was reborn, and then I couldn't understand what anything was. That took a few days to recover from.

Pot seems to effect everyone differently, and for me it makes me euphoric and manic. I'll feel like writing for hours on end and get lost in my thoughts. Rarely (even with Indicas) do I get couch lock.

But on the whole, I love pot and think its really helped us get through this pandemic and the upheavals in our lives. We'd be in a much worse place without it.

On the plus side, my S/O's entire family does pot, so that will make our next visit out there fun.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 15th, 2020, 1:17 am

Yeah, weed is awesome. But be careful with the edibles... they can be a bit... much.

First time I had (slightly too much) edibles, I KEPT waking up to gunshots - turns out it was just my wife coughing in her sleep. The next time she coughed, "gunshots" again. And again. And again... that was an exhausting night.

If nothing else, I've figured that, at least for me, weed drastically reduces the number of fucks I have to give, so I use them sparingly. Makes everything else just seem like whatever.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » August 16th, 2020, 4:37 pm

no, even pure CBD makes me psychotic these days

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » August 16th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I mostly vape now, but yes, copious amounts of only the finest usually sativa-dom hybrids; and being a native Californian and having dabbled in the growing/distribution game, I'm quite snobby about quality.