Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

good news in a sea of bad

3eyes
Donator

good news in a sea of bad

Post by 3eyes » February 25th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Since the media tend to focus on bad news, maybe we need a place just for signs of hope on all levels - international to local to random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

(Right now I cannot stay this game to play, but will look in later.)
Last edited by 3eyes on August 8th, 2019, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 8th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Guess I'll try bumping this - here's something I feel like shouting about:

The PA Department of Education (PDE) recently launched an initiative aimed at promoting literacy even when school isn’t in session. Each week, PDE unveils a new video featuring a prominent Pennsylvanian reading a children’s book to an at-home audience. The initiative kicked off with Secretary Pedro Rivera reading the book, Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes, one of his personal favorite books to read to young audiences. In upcoming weeks, the initiative will feature several officials from the Wolf Administration reading books related to the work they lead, such as

· Trooper Brent Miller reads Richard Scarry's A Day at the Police Station
· DOH Secretary Rachel Levine reads Charlotte Cowan's Katie Caught a Cold
· Executive Deputy Secretary of Education Dr. David Volkman reads Natasha Wing's The Night Before the Fourth of July
· Corrections Secretary Secretary John Wetzel reads Becky Birtha's Far Apart, Close in Heart: Being a Family when a Loved One is Incarcerated
· Environmental Protection Secretary Patrick McDonnell reads Sesame Street's The Monster at the End of This Book
· Commissioner for Libraries Glenn Miller reads Lindsay Barrett George's Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse

The videos are accessible on PDE’s Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube pages.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!