Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 5 released June 2nd)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1935 (Results), 1966 awards (Jun 9th), 2010s (Jun 30th)
Challenges: TSPDT, 1960s, China/Hong Kong/Taiwan
Film of the Week: Údolí vcel, July nominations (Jun 26th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2B: Tajikistan vs Italy (Jun 14th)

Weinstein, Spacey, etc.

RBG

Re: Weinstein, Spacey, etc.

Post by RBG » September 3rd, 2018, 1:32 am

she's 25. but yeah
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

sebby

Post by sebby » September 3rd, 2018, 4:18 am

Probably half the appeal for Reverend Gropesalot was thinking she was a teenie bopper.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » September 3rd, 2018, 10:17 am

I stayed with my uncle for one summer a few years ago and my cousin (she's much younger than me) watched Victorious so I actually do know who she is. I've heard the name in the news but I don't tend to keep up with those types of stars.

Anyway it's irrelevant if I or anyone else knows her or whatever bizarre doughnut stories there are (never heard of that story and don't want to read more). The bishop was creepy as hell and certainly extremely hard to believe that someone could accidentally grope a girl...

RBG

Post by RBG » September 10th, 2018, 2:23 am

les moonves out at cbs thx to our hero ronan farrow

https://jezebel.com/les-moonves-leaves- ... 1828926948
Following six new allegations of sexual harassment and rape, longtime CBS C.E.O. Les Moonves has resigned effective immediately. Moonves has called the accusations–which include forcing oral sex on two women, pulling his penis out in a 9 a.m. meeting, physically overpowering women, and vindictively shattering careers–“appalling.” He says that the allegations, which stretch from the ‘80s to the early aughts, are part of an organized conspiracy.

“I can only surmise [the allegations] are surfacing now for the first time, decades later, as part of a concerted effort by others to destroy my name, my reputation, and my career,” he told Ronan Farrow, who reported the news.

A source tells Deadline that the rumored $100 million buyout which the board had reportedly offered Moonves in stocks to incentivize him to leave, is now “off the table,” as he could be terminated “for cause.” Simultaneously CBS has announced that Moonves and the network will be donating $20 million of his rumored buyout to “one or more organizations which support the #MeToo movement,” and that the $100 million sum now depends on the results of an independent investigation by two law firms. For now, he gets nothing.
moonves reportedly spent years trying to destroy janet jackson's career after super bowl 2004 because her breast was exposed for 9/16ths of a second :rolleyes:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 10th, 2018, 7:04 am

"pulling his penis out in a 9 a.m. meeting"

My god! A 9am meeting?! I shudder at the thought of anyone pulling out their cock in a meeting any time prior to 2:30pm. What a dreadful, horrible man. He ought to feel ashamed for this blatant disregard of meeting-time-cock-revealing propriety.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 10th, 2018, 7:08 am

and, I haven't followed Ronan Farrow's career very carefully, and I can't seem to be able to watch his MSNBC show for more than a couple minutes at a time, it's rather sensationalist.
but good on 'im for revealing these stories that he has, but also he seems a bit like whatever the journalistic equivalent of a profiteer is.

edit: apparently I am not alone in having been unable to stand his MSNBC show, as it was cancelled 3 years ago. *cough*

sebby

Post by sebby » September 10th, 2018, 8:08 am

ronan farrow just has that ugh-go-away personality + face combo. piers morgan has it too. and ann coulter. all these people. just get away and stop talking and live in an apt complex together and never go outside anymore.

sebby

Post by sebby » September 10th, 2018, 8:11 am

oh i'm also trying to imagine my own boss exposing dick at a meeting. such a bizarre and brazen move.

it's very very hard to imagine this.

90% because i don't think she actually has a dick.

RBG

Post by RBG » September 10th, 2018, 10:48 am

sebby wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 8:11 am
oh i'm also trying to imagine my own boss exposing dick at a meeting. such a bizarre and brazen move.

yeah that would make it even more shocking :unsure: i wasn't aware ronan farrow had a tv show and have never actually seen him talk! :lol:

i think he feels like he has a personal stake here since his dad is woody allen. it's cruel to banish him to an apartment with piers morgan and ann coulter
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » September 10th, 2018, 2:28 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:04 am

My god! A 9am meeting?! I shudder at the thought of anyone pulling out their cock in a meeting any time prior to 2:30pm. What a dreadful, horrible man. He ought to feel ashamed for this blatant disregard of meeting-time-cock-revealing propriety.
I bet he wears white after Labor Day too.

*shudder*
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

sebby

Post by sebby » September 10th, 2018, 9:23 pm

RBG wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 10:48 am
sebby wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 8:11 am

yeah that would make it even more shocking :unsure: i wasn't aware ronan farrow had a tv show and have never actually seen him talk! :lol:

i think he feels like he has a personal stake here since his dad is woody allen. it's cruel to banish him to an apartment with piers morgan and ann coulter
Yes but think of the ratings if we put it on TV. Season finale: Woody shows up with his clarinet and a half-baked apology that culminates in an unwanted music lesson. Diane Keaton makes surprise guest appearance to provide emotional support. Mia Farrow also makes surprise guest appearance. To fight Diane Keaton.

RBG

Post by RBG » September 10th, 2018, 9:24 pm

i think ann coulter would kill both of them. and possibly eat them
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 11th, 2018, 1:04 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 2:28 pm
funkybusiness wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:04 am

I bet he wears white after Labor Day too.

*shudder*
funny, but that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I started reading this line

wonder if Miss Manners or Emily Post ever covered the 'big' reveal :huh: "It's better for one to be called a big dick than to unzip and remove all doubt." :think:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » September 12th, 2018, 4:13 pm

How do yall feel about this interview?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mp-1141832

RBG

Post by RBG » September 12th, 2018, 5:19 pm

i love norm. also he already apologized
Norm Macdonald

@normmacdonald
Roseanne and Louis have both been very good friends of mine for many years. They both made terrible mistakes and I would never defend their actions. If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry.
he's speaking about his friends from a position of privilege. i don't buy that roseanne hates obama because he didn't support netanyahu. she's a q-anon ffs. and CK should stay away. but maybe don't pillory someone for their opinion. also he's fucking canadian. i won't watch his show anyway
Last edited by RBG on September 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » September 12th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Nopros wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 4:13 pm
How do yall feel about this interview?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mp-1141832
Yeah I read that earlier today, and some articles in reaction. I also love Norm as a comedian, the most "troubling" answer in that interview was basically implying that CK's repercussions from his actions were more damaging than those of his victims, or something like that. A bad take there, though as RBG noted, he has apologized for those comments. Hopefully the "he said some misguided things, so he better go away forever" scenario doesn't play out. Looking forward to his Netflix show.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » September 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Glad you see it this way and I pretty much agree, some people on Twitter seemed to take some of his comments way out of context. Kinda shitty his appearance on Fallon got cancelled just because of this. Also looking forward to his new show, gon be good.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » September 12th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Yeah, as for the cancelled appearance from Fallon's show...as much as the cancellation was about denouncing Norm's comments, I wonder if NBC also figured that there is no way that Jimmy Fallon is capable of conducting a serious, thoughtful interview where he questions MacDonald about the comments. Fallon is unable to interview a guest beyond "you're the awesomest person ever, I luv u, OMG!!!" And obviously having Norm on the show and totally bypassing those Norm comments would be awkward and cowardly as well. I hope Norm goes on Colbert, or Trevor Noah at the Daily Show, or someone else that will actually allow Norm to clarify his statements, while possibly challenging him as well. I think I heard that Norm is going on Howard Stern's radio show? That should be far more illuminating than anything that could have happened on Fallon's cringy show.
Last edited by GruesomeTwosome on September 12th, 2018, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » September 12th, 2018, 7:41 pm

All very valid points. He did go on Stern's show, although I haven't had the time to listen to it yet. This article gives a quote from the show.
I’m totally behind the #MeToo movement. I never said that the victims didn’t go through anything. What I was saying was the reason to put Louis and Roseanne together to talk was because only a few people in the whole world have gone through this new thing where everything is stripped from them…. I wasn’t saying that was way worse than what victims went through. What the victims went through is horrible.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » September 12th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Oh wow, didn't realize the Stern interview was so soon! I'll make sure to check it out when I can.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » September 12th, 2018, 8:00 pm

I just hope Netflix' leash on Norm for the show isn't too tight, although that's for another thread. :D

RBG

Post by RBG » September 25th, 2018, 7:49 pm

ugh you guys, cosby's publicist statement

sex war indeed :ermm: anti-male activist groups, where do i sign :angry:

kidding you guys, don't attack the mssgr :unsure:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » September 26th, 2018, 4:45 am

RBG wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 7:49 pm
ugh you guys, cosby's publicist statement

sex war indeed :ermm: anti-male activist groups, where do i sign :angry:

kidding you guys, don't attack the mssgr :unsure:
Well, there is a grain of truth to Cosby being a civil rights activist and educator. But that only makes his creepy proclivities so much worse!
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

RBG

Post by RBG » September 28th, 2018, 10:11 pm

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

RBG

Post by RBG » November 29th, 2018, 7:06 pm

trump's labor secretary alexander acosta was under consideration for attorney general until this bombshell report in the miami herald about the sweetheart deal he worked for serial sex abuser jeffrey epstein

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 97825.html

however he's still head of the department that investigates sex trafficking because one thing we can bank on -- trump will always appoint the worst possible person just for the lulz. not to mention epstein was/is his buddy and lives very close to mar-a-lago
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » November 29th, 2018, 8:22 pm

I forgot to post this here yesterday: Luc Besson: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... en-1164444

RBG

Post by RBG » December 24th, 2018, 8:48 pm

kevin spacey charged with felony sexual assault

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 407736002/

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 24th, 2018, 9:01 pm

:satstunned:

I can hardly believe this is real. What the...? Creepy sociopathic fuck.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » December 24th, 2018, 9:17 pm

“Let me be Frank” is a reference to his House of Cards character Frank Underwood, which he’s portraying above as well (and is indeed a sociopath).

This is the best Spacey video, though:

t o B e c o n t i n u e d

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 24th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Yeah I get the 'joke', but it's unbelievably inappropriate. He is definitely saying everything in earnest, victimising himself and scorning everyone for abandoning him without an inch of remorse. Nutcase.
Let the ashes fly

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 24th, 2018, 11:41 pm

Wait, is this just a response to the allegations or is he literally begging to have his show back?

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 24th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Well there are two options really: either he's narcissistic enough to think people will love this and want him back, or it's a massive "fuck you" to everyone. My vibes are very much with the latter, and either way he's still talking about himself and his case under the guise of Underwood, which is gross. And this is the very first thing he's 'said' publicly since the allegations surfaced a year ago. It's too weird to be true.
Let the ashes fly

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 25th, 2018, 12:56 am

His strategy from the beginning was to deflect, so it makes sense. Honestly, I think he may score points for this. And yes, it is clearly all about himself, and he is hoping to win his fans back, and in a way even take the highground.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » December 25th, 2018, 4:07 am

flaiky wrote:
December 24th, 2018, 9:36 pm
Yeah I get the 'joke', but it's unbelievably inappropriate. He is definitely saying everything in earnest, victimising himself and scorning everyone for abandoning him without an inch of remorse. Nutcase.
Trump did it first!

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » December 25th, 2018, 4:21 am

Lessons from the master I guess. You know, I haven't seen a single episode of that series, but how even I sense the eeriness of it's prescience, certainly when it comes to character. Then again we already had Nixon, and plenty of other examples in the lifetimes of many people. Politicians are basically just power-hungry assholes and the rare exceptions are what make us still have hope.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » December 25th, 2018, 4:50 am

there's a bit of Nixon in the character but I watched Crisis last month and was struck by how Spacey is basically just playing George Wallace with a slightly different Southern accent.

but today's video is absolute bonkers.

Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » April 11th, 2019, 8:37 am

Geoffrey Rush won his defamation case against the newspaper that said he sexually harassed a female cast member. The judge was also critical of the alleged victim's testimony.

Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » April 11th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Rush is now seeking twenty five million dolllars in damages.

morrison-dylan-fan

Post by morrison-dylan-fan » April 11th, 2019, 10:50 pm

Nxivm: Actress Allison Mack pleads guilty in 'sex cult' case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47858819

NY Post also reports that:

"The remaining defendants are alleged sex cult leader Keith Raniere, his benefactor, Seagram’s heiress Clare Bronfman, and his bookkeeper Kathy Russell."

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/feds-ask- ... ult-trial/

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 28th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here