Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

ICM Forum Q&A

AdamH
Site Admin

ICM Forum Q&A

Post by AdamH » December 25th, 2017, 2:43 am

blueboybob on Dec 24 2017, 07:43:27 PM wrote:Who is (not) approving entry to the group? https://www.icheckmovies.com/groups/icm ... ial+forum/
I think it's mightysparks.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » December 25th, 2017, 2:47 am

I forgot groups still existed on ICM. Everyone else has too.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 4:03 am

blueboybob on Dec 24 2017, 07:43:27 PM wrote:Who is (not) approving entry to the group? https://www.icheckmovies.com/groups/icm ... ial+forum/
allisoncm's the top ranked member, so let's blame her! :P

but groups are going away in v3 of iCM since no one uses them any more and the last post to this group was only 4 years and 11 months ago :huh:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » February 1st, 2018, 3:26 pm

Every time I refresh or go to a new topic or do much of anything on the site, I get a Malwarebytes popup saying "Website blocked." It's gotten much worse lately. It doesn't seem to prevent me getting into things, it's just annoying. Thought I'd mention it though, just in case there's anything sinister going on.
Last edited by 3eyes on February 1st, 2018, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » February 1st, 2018, 6:07 pm

I'm not sure that's something we can fix, but what does the rest of the message say? i.e. what website is being blocked.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 1st, 2018, 7:53 pm

I'm pretty careful about malware and the like and have never had a problem on this forum. A couple thoughts: have you closed your browser down/rebooted your computer? Sometimes I pick up an 'annoyance' while browsing (similar to what you describe @3eyes) and this has always taken care of my annoyances - even full on browser hijacking.

If it persists after that, I'd run a full Malwarebytes scan. Just keep in mind that, at best, it takes a few hours to do a scan and might occupy your computer for a full day/over night depending on what it's got to get through.

Good luck!

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 2nd, 2018, 6:43 am

xianjiro on Dec 24 2017, 09:03:55 PM wrote:
allisoncm's the top ranked member, so let's blame her! :P

but groups are going away in v3 of iCM since no one uses them any more and the last post to this group was only 4 years and 11 months ago :huh:
I had 78 requests :/ It doesn't notify you when you get requests so I only ever checked it when they first came out. Seems kinda pointless to accept anyone new now lol
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » February 2nd, 2018, 7:55 am

3eyes on Feb 1 2018, 08:26:59 AM wrote:Every time I refresh or go to a new topic or do much of anything on the site, I get a Malwarebytes popup saying "Website blocked." It's gotten much worse lately. It doesn't seem to prevent me getting into things, it's just annoying. Thought I'd mention it though, just in case there's anything sinister going on.
Do you have the ICM Enhanced (or other) script installed for the site?

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » February 2nd, 2018, 5:22 pm

maxwelldeux on Feb 2 2018, 12:55:30 AM wrote:
3eyes on Feb 1 2018, 08:26:59 AM wrote:Every time I refresh or go to a new topic or do much of anything on the site, I get a Malwarebytes popup saying "Website blocked." It's gotten much worse lately. It doesn't seem to prevent me getting into things, it's just annoying. Thought I'd mention it though, just in case there's anything sinister going on.
Do you have the ICM Enhanced (or other) script installed for the site?
no I don't think so, that went kaputt with the last firefox update and I couldn't ... oh, never mind.

It's not surprising that with users from all over the world, Malwarebytes should find something to gripe about. I ran a full scan a week or so ago when I was having major computer problems, might do so again I suppose.

Meanwhile, a lot else on the site isn't working - the emoticons, the bb code links, etc. Guess I'll reboot and see if it fixes anything. And, of course, the Active Topics link - that's a real pain.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » February 2nd, 2018, 5:52 pm

3eyes on Feb 2 2018, 10:22:18 AM wrote:Meanwhile, a lot else on the site isn't working - the emoticons, the bb code links, etc. Guess I'll reboot and see if it fixes anything. And, of course, the Active Topics link - that's a real pain.
This means something blocks Javascript from icmforum.com or ifrm.com, if you get a popup it's most likely Malwarebytes. What happens is that the site still loads, but without Javascript you can't do most of the interactive things with it. They've probably put either domain in some blacklist by mistake.

You need to add an exception in Malwarebytes for the one out of the two that is mentioned in the popup, here's how to do it (in step 4 choose "Add Domain").

There also seems to be a shorter way to do it: if your popup looks like this:

and the top row says "Domain: www.icmforum.com" or "Domain: **.ifrm.com", clicking "Manage Exclusions" in the popup should add an exception. It's possible that you'll have to repeat this for several various "**.ifrm.com" domains until the popup stops showing up.
Last edited by monk-time on March 22nd, 2018, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » February 2nd, 2018, 9:52 pm

ublock origin was blocking the site but only sometimes. Dpeends on what ad was supposed ot be showing that day.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » February 3rd, 2018, 3:30 am

monk-time on Feb 2 2018, 10:52:04 AM wrote:
3eyes on Feb 2 2018, 10:22:18 AM wrote:Meanwhile, a lot else on the site isn't working - the emoticons, the bb code links, etc. Guess I'll reboot and see if it fixes anything. And, of course, the Active Topics link - that's a real pain.
This means something blocks Javascript from icmforum.com or ifrm.com, if you get a popup it's most likely Malwarebytes. What happens is that the site still loads, but without Javascript you can't do most of the interactive things with it. They've probably put either domain in some blacklist by mistake.

You need to add an exception in Malwarebytes for the one out of the two that is mentioned in the popup, here's how to do it (in step 4 choose "Add Domain").

There also seems to be a shorter way to do it: if your popup looks like this:

and the top row says "Domain: www.icmforum.com" or "Domain: **.ifrm.com", clicking "Manage Exclusions" in the popup should add an exception. It's possible that you'll have to repeat this for several various "**.ifrm.com" domains until the popup stops showing up.
Thanks for those tips, monk-time. I've been getting the same as 3eyes on my computer so your advice was helpful to me as well.
That's all, folks!

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » February 3rd, 2018, 4:05 am

it says "b3.ifrm.com" - I'm nervous about allowing the wrong thing....

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » February 3rd, 2018, 5:25 am

A long as it ends with ifrm.com it's fine that's where zetaboards stores its scripts and images.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » February 3rd, 2018, 5:53 am

that did it. Thanks!

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 10th, 2018, 12:48 pm

The frequency of posting is limited to prevent abuse. Please try again in ... seconds.
I get this very often. The current limit is somewhere around 20-25 seconds. That is very long. It's not that hard to reply, go to another topic, read one sentence and reply to that within 20 seconds. Is it possible to make the limit lower?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 10th, 2018, 1:05 pm

joachimt on Feb 10 2018, 05:48:16 AM wrote:
The frequency of posting is limited to prevent abuse. Please try again in ... seconds.
I get this very often. The current limit is somewhere around 20-25 seconds. That is very long. It's not that hard to reply, go to another topic, read one sentence and reply to that within 20 seconds. Is it possible to make the limit lower?
I just changed it to the lowest setting, which is 5 seconds.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 10th, 2018, 1:41 pm

mightysparks on Feb 10 2018, 06:05:11 AM wrote:
joachimt on Feb 10 2018, 05:48:16 AM wrote:
I just changed it to the lowest setting, which is 5 seconds.
:thumbsup:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » July 11th, 2018, 9:22 am

I think most of this thread is quite outdated, right?
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 11th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Yes, but I don't have the time to rewrite it. I could just remove the zeta stuff

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » July 11th, 2018, 8:35 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 3:37 pm
Yes, but I don't have the time to rewrite it. I could just remove the zeta stuff
Nah, fair enough. I just stumbled upon it and thought I'd point it out, but that was probably quite redundant.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

albajos

Post by albajos » August 5th, 2018, 4:25 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
February 22nd, 2017, 6:03 am
xianjiro on Feb 21 2017, 10:34:24 PM wrote: :thumbsup: :poshclap:

Q: how do I set the dimensions (downsize) when using the Image
you can use the code as follows

Code: Select all

[img=w,h]
Where w is the width and h is height in pixels. As far as I know there's no way specify just one dimension and have it scale proportionately, which means if you're not careful you can skew the image badly. For example
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Original
Imperfect but ok scaling
terrible scaling
Is this still the code in the new forum? Can't make it work

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » August 5th, 2018, 5:49 pm

albajos wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:25 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
February 22nd, 2017, 6:03 am
xianjiro on Feb 21 2017, 10:34:24 PM wrote: :thumbsup: :poshclap:

Q: how do I set the dimensions (downsize) when using the Image
you can use the code as follows

Code: Select all

[img=w,h]
Where w is the width and h is height in pixels. As far as I know there's no way specify just one dimension and have it scale proportionately, which means if you're not careful you can skew the image badly. For example
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Original
Imperfect but ok scaling
terrible scaling
Is this still the code in the new forum? Can't make it work
It's imgsz instead of img for the resize code, should work the same otherwise.

rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 » September 18th, 2018, 4:06 pm

I can't seem to find the 2018 poll schedule anywhere, am I blind or is it gone?

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » September 18th, 2018, 4:26 pm

rnilsson19 wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 4:06 pm
viewtopic.php?p=182793#p182793. Looks like it was un-pinned within the subforum.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 » September 18th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Carmel1379 wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 4:26 pm
rnilsson19 wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 4:06 pm
viewtopic.php?p=182793#p182793. Looks like it was un-pinned within the subforum.
Cheers!

Coryn

Post by Coryn » January 30th, 2019, 3:58 pm

How do I search for a movie in a certain list? For example I want to see which movies in my watchlist are included in the Rosenbaum list. I know for example that I can search on 'year' but how can I search in a list on name?
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » January 30th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Coryn wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 3:58 pm
How do I search for a movie in a certain list? For example I want to see which movies in my watchlist are included in the Rosenbaum list. I know for example that I can search on 'year' but how can I search in a list on name?
Well, looking for a specific title, I just open the list in my browser and hit Ctrl-F to manually find it (if it's there). If you want to compare two lists (e.g., your watchlist and the Rosenbaum list), install the ICM Enhanced script and use the Cross Reference functionality.

Link to script: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=218

A lot of us use that script, and it's enormously helpful.

Coryn

Post by Coryn » January 30th, 2019, 6:03 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:59 pm
Coryn wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 3:58 pm
Well, looking for a specific title, I just open the list in my browser and hit Ctrl-F to manually find it (if it's there). If you want to compare two lists (e.g., your watchlist and the Rosenbaum list), install the ICM Enhanced script and use the Cross Reference functionality.

Link to script: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=218

A lot of us use that script, and it's enormously helpful.
Thanks for the script, I'll try it out. I

Opio

Post by Opio » February 18th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Is there a way to have the forum search tool locate an exact phrase? For instance, I want to find "Billy Liar", but not including mentions of just "Billy" or "Liar", only times when the two words are next to each other. Double quote marks don't work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » February 18th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Opio wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Is there a way to have the forum search tool locate an exact phrase? For instance, I want to find "Billy Liar", but not including mentions of just "Billy" or "Liar", only times when the two words are next to each other. Double quote marks don't work. Thanks in advance for any help.
Try to type in "Billy+Liar" in the Search field. That should give as a result all posts with those two words in them.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

Opio

Post by Opio » February 18th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Carmel1379 wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Opio wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Try to type in "Billy+Liar" in the Search field. That should give as a result all posts with those two words in them.
You're right. But I wasn't specific enough in my OP as to what I was hoping to get, which was only posts including Billy and Liar next to each other in that order. With "Billy+Liar" or "Billy Liar", I get posts that include things like, "The Man who shot Billy the Kid...the reviewer was a liar....", as both of the searched words appear in the same post.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 10th, 2019, 3:31 am

While it's possible to use thread tools to bookmark a thread, I cannot figure out how to view threads that I've bookmarked.

Where would they be?

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 10th, 2019, 3:35 am

weirdboy wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 3:31 am
While it's possible to use thread tools to bookmark a thread, I cannot figure out how to view threads that I've bookmarked.

Where would they be?
ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks
Click your name and then choose user control panel.

Or, Click PMs then Overview.

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 20th, 2019, 8:30 am

Can someone please guide me on how to upload simple image to this forum? I don't understand how I am not able to do this...

I try several sites, I try with and without img tags. I try to put png or jpg at the end of the link a'd I try it without. All different results but never what i want.

Please help me out here.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » August 20th, 2019, 8:38 am

img tags should work.

albajos

Post by albajos » August 20th, 2019, 8:40 am

I use imgbb.com

That site even has 10 different embed codes/links so it should be useful in all the internets

(but don't add or remove jpg/png. Just copy the html-adress.
If you embed stuff from other sites (like imdb), just right click, and pick Open image in new tab, then copy the html.)

And [/img][img] yes, (but other way around)

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 20th, 2019, 8:45 am

albajos wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:40 am
I use imgbb.com

That site even has 10 different embed codes/links so it should be useful in all the internets

(but don't add or remove jpg/png. Just copy the html-adress.
If you embed stuff from other sites (like imdb), just right click, and pick Open image in new tab, then copy the html.)

And [/img][img] yes, (but other way around)
So I tried to use imgbb and I still can't make it work. It gives me 5 options. Use the url after the upload. Use HTML or BB code. I try to copy every single one of them and try to put IMG code on them but it simply doesn't work.

albajos

Post by albajos » August 20th, 2019, 8:48 am

Just use

Links -> Direct links

for this forum

[ img]https://image.ibb.co/hU650z/306594-1.jpg[/img ]