Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

ICM Forum Q&A

sol
Donator

Post by sol »

xianjiro wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:55 am
sol wrote: September 12th, 2020, 4:57 am I don't mind guests not having access to 'Active Topics', but with what you have changed, this looks a little cold and uninviting. :ermm:

This board has no forums.
You could try This forum has no broads.
This is actually what the message reminded me of:

Well, either that, or this (we need special sunnies to see the forum):

Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
beavis

Post by beavis »

Is it possible to request an announcement to the header of the board?

Below the line "Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)" I would like to add something like "4th ICM Film Festival - Jury Invite Thread"
And if it is, who do I ask to do it once I've made the thread later today (in about 12 hours or so I think)?

It would be extra cool to have an even bigger announcement up there when the festival is getting closer, to attract as many people as possible to it. But I don't want to clutter up space if some people find it annoying, so please tell me if that would be crossing some lines... :)
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

I, AdamH and joachim can edit the header (mighty too, but I don't think she ever has).
I'm too sleepy to make a decision, but I'm sure we can do something in 12 hours
beavis

Post by beavis »

cool!
I will PM you with my request then, as soon as I've made the thread.
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

closest I could find to a help thread for ICM. My ranking isn't updating at the moment. It says that they update the rankings every day. Is this actually true. Is it now less frequent, or is it more that something is broken with my account? Thanks.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

I think it's less frequent than one day now.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
yllow

Post by yllow »

How high up do you think you should be?
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

yllow wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:06 pm How high up do you think you should be?
Not very much higher. However I am recorded as having 1007 favourites on the rankings, whereas in fact I updated this recently, and if you click into my faves I only have 992. So it knows I have 992 faves but hasn't updated the stat on the ranking list.

Also I have 2053 official checks and it reads as 2045 on the ranking list.

Username is oOgiandujaOo on ICM.

It's no biggie, just that it hasn't updated my progress in a week so made me curious. It does however record total checks correctly (3370).

It should take me from #1712 to #1696 when it updates ignoring anyone elses potential progress.
yllow

Post by yllow »

Looks like you’ve actually fallen two spots, Matt
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

yllow wrote: October 5th, 2020, 3:33 am Looks like you’ve actually fallen two spots, Matt
yup they've updated the list now, but they haven't refreshed my ratings so I've lost a couple of places. Not really sure what the glitch is, ironically seems to have occurred at the same time as I upgraded to premium service. I'll watch a film tonight then reimport my ratings from IMDb and see if that fixes it.
yllow

Post by yllow »

How did that go?
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

How do we add or request additional Smilies for the forum? I've been meaning to mention that we should have a smiley with a mask since the beginning of lockdown, and I keep wanting to use a fingers-crossed smiley but keep forgetting there isn't one.

😷 - https://emojipedia.org/face-with-medical-mask/ (but the other sick ones, like the thermometer and head bandage, may also be nice additions)
🤞 - https://emojipedia.org/crossed-fingers/

And maybe we could also add a Mubi icon like we have for Criticker, Letterboxd, and others? - https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/246586/mubi_icon
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Fergenaprido wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:01 am How do we add or request additional Smilies for the forum? I've been meaning to mention that we should have a smiley with a mask since the beginning of lockdown, and I keep wanting to use a fingers-crossed smiley but keep forgetting there isn't one.

😷 - https://emojipedia.org/face-with-medical-mask/ (but the other sick ones, like the thermometer and head bandage, may also be nice additions)

And maybe we could also add a Mubi icon like we have for Criticker, Letterboxd, and others? - https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/246586/mubi_icon
not sure if you've ever mentioned which OS you use, but Windows has an emoji shortcut [Win Key + .] that allows us to select from a whole host. They do show up on here looking quite different sometimes though. 🤴🏽🎅🏽🖖🏽
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

xianjiro wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:27 am
Fergenaprido wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:01 am How do we add or request additional Smilies for the forum? I've been meaning to mention that we should have a smiley with a mask since the beginning of lockdown, and I keep wanting to use a fingers-crossed smiley but keep forgetting there isn't one.

not sure if you've ever mentioned which OS you use, but Windows has an emoji shortcut [Win Key + .] that allows us to select from a whole host. They do show up on here looking quite different sometimes though. 🤴🏽🎅🏽🖖🏽
Not the person you replied to, but thanks I had no idea about this shortcut, and I also see it has a "symbols" section that is incredibly useful for my work. However I will point out that there is no smiley face with a mask on there.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

weirdboy wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:42 am
xianjiro wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:27 am

Not the person you replied to, but thanks I had no idea about this shortcut, and I also see it has a "symbols" section that is incredibly useful for my work. However I will point out that there is no smiley face with a mask on there.
No? 😷 (though I can't tell if it's smiling or not - might be able to if I walked the 2 meters across the room to the screen, but lazy is as lazy does :lol: ) BTW, after hitting [Win Key + .] I type "mask" to get that one. I thought Ferg might already know this trick but hoped it would help someone else who didn't. :cheers:
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

There is 😷 10th row middle
Emojis from emojipedia are already available through whatever input method you have available, they're all unicode by definition.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Thank xian & PA. I was aware of the shortcut for emojis (I'm on a Mac), but didn't think of it applying for the forum :facepalm:

I'm so well-trained to use the : coding to wring a smiley, especially when I'm using quick reply. :D

I always forget the correct shortcut for emojis for Mac, but I can right-click and pull up the list now. It's just faster if I can use the : version :)
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

Aah I see. It was just showing me "recent" emoji by default I guess, which was a smaller list and hard for me to figure out how they determine those were recent when I have literally never used the dialogue or any emoji in windows before.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

weirdboy wrote: December 15th, 2020, 2:29 am Aah I see. It was just showing me "recent" emoji by default I guess, which was a smaller list and hard for me to figure out how they determine those were recent when I have literally never used the dialogue or any emoji in windows before.
My guess there is either a default set or those are the most popular (if they get stats and why wouldn't they if users opt in). I've noticed that they occasionally reset - can't say I've used it enough on Windows, but know that's happened on Android.

I think keeping our "official" emojis more limited isn't a bad thing since we could easily have hundreds, but with this extension through Unicode, we've got a manageable set on the forum plus a lot of other possibilities. :D
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Peacy, can you make this emoticon "official" again?

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*