Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

the Complaint Lounge

Knaldskalle

the Complaint Lounge

Post by Knaldskalle » April 28th, 2018, 7:08 pm

joachimt on Apr 28 2018, 01:45:33 AM wrote:I woke up terribly today. Yesterday we had King's Day in The Netherlands with the usual kleedjesmarkt (people selling their old stuff). My youngest bought a singing Elsa-doll. If you press the diamond on her chest, she starts singing Let it go. Well, you can guess what woke me up this morning. :verymad:
Oh, you got one too. The batteries are depressingly long-lived. :(
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 26th, 2018, 4:45 am

I was getting annoyed at having to wash dishes a couple of times a day because none of my housemates had done their dishes in a few days:

So I messaged asking them to do them. It's like I have children

Excuses, excuses omg. It's always I didn't have time this morning or yesterday, but it's been almost a WEEK. It doesn't even take that fecking long! I filled the entire dishwasher in 2 minutes once. The only excuse is 'I'm a filthy lazy pig'. You have time to make the mess, you have time to clean the mess.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » August 26th, 2018, 4:50 am

wait, y'all have a dishwasher and it's still like that? holy shit.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » August 26th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Doing dishes is the only household chore I actually like to do. We have a dishwasher actually but it's not that great and I just like doing them by hand. It gives me a daily feeling of (very small) accomplishment and that's something I need.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 26th, 2018, 8:52 pm

you welcome to visit any time

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 27th, 2018, 1:58 am

I don't like doing dishes, but still do them. I put all my dishes straight in the dishwasher when I'm done. Takes 2 seconds and I don't end up with a stack of crap for days. When I'm cooking, I clean up as I go or during the waiting stages. I understand a few pots and pans that have to be done by hand for a day or two, but there's just no excuse for this kind of filthy, lazy behaviour. When the dishwasher is full I sometimes purposely leave it to see if anyone else empties it, then I DO end up with a stack of crap, since 3 days will go by and everyone else is too lazy to empty it. This happened a couple of weeks ago and I even saw a housemate open the dishwasher twice, sigh, and then walk away. Can't wait to fecking leave this place.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » September 7th, 2018, 3:36 pm

boo-hoo-hoo. The dew point hasn't dropped below 70 in weeks. I'm sick and tired of my summer culinary repertoire of salads, sandwiches, and cold soups. Can't even bear to cook pasta. Takes all my day's energy to figure out what to make for dinner that we haven't had yet this week. This too shall pass, I suppose....
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 7th, 2018, 8:49 pm

:hug:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » September 7th, 2018, 9:02 pm

mightysparks wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 1:58 am
I don't like doing dishes, but still do them. I put all my dishes straight in the dishwasher when I'm done. Takes 2 seconds and I don't end up with a stack of crap for days. When I'm cooking, I clean up as I go or during the waiting stages. I understand a few pots and pans that have to be done by hand for a day or two, but there's just no excuse for this kind of filthy, lazy behaviour. When the dishwasher is full I sometimes purposely leave it to see if anyone else empties it, then I DO end up with a stack of crap, since 3 days will go by and everyone else is too lazy to empty it. This happened a couple of weeks ago and I even saw a housemate open the dishwasher twice, sigh, and then walk away. Can't wait to fecking leave this place.
At one point at uni, I stayed with three flatmates. One of them was this girl who stayed in her room most of the time. She was terrible for doing household chores. One time, my flatmates confronted her about how she never takes the kitchen bin out. She claimed she never used the bin. Always ridiculous excuses.

Another time, I had the worst flatmate ever in terms of cleanliness (he was actually a nice guy to speak to). There were three of us in the flat. We had to go into his room one time to get glasses etc. because he would leave everything in there and we had run out of stuff. We found about 12 dirty glasses. No exaggeration. He also kept all of his clothes on the floor instead of in a wardrobe.

His girlfriend was abroad for a year at uni. She was coming back for Christmas. We had been in the flat for seven months by then. He decided to finally tidy his room and ended up with tonnes of bin bags full of rubbish. I had to help him take it down. We went down the stairs (was a block of flats) and I had to show him the door to the room where the bin bags got collected. He hasn't been once in seven months and had no idea where it was.

Another time, my other flatmate and I were sitting on the sofa in the lounge. I asked "What is that smell?". It turned out it was because the flatmate had left his door open when he went out of the flat and the smell was coming all the way from his room to the lounge.

Lots of stories involving that guy. He used to work in the students' union at uni and get back home late. My other flatmate used to pay the bills for the flat and we would then give him the money. That flatmate owed him a bunch of money and hadn't paid for ages so finally the other flatmate demanded the money. He said that he had to come to the union to get the money if he wanted it or he wouldn't give it to him. We lived in the same flat!!!

Kind of miss the old uni days. Always lots of stories about ridiculous stuff flatmates would do.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 8th, 2018, 1:33 am

I’m definitely not going to miss living here lol. Annoying Housemate is the bane of my existence right now. Even yesterday I was watching something and she was cooking in the kitchen for 2 hours blasting top 40 crap and singing along loudly. I tried turning up my tv but i could still hear her during quiet moments. I also went out to flip some food I had in the oven as she was coming back to her room to eat. But she then turned and walked to the kitchen and sat down, obviously assuming I was staying out there so she could talk to me about nothing and melt my brain cells. I also made a cake and left the kitchen spotless but after she made dinner there was curry sauce and other droppings left on the bench. All these things happened yesterday. So inconsiderate it drives me insane.

Her room is a pigsty too, but that doesn’t bother me as much as the public areas. My other housemate’s 9 year old brother came over once and looked in her room and was like ugh how does she even get into bed and my housemate replied ‘I dunno she just flops into it’. Sometimes she claims she does exercise in her room but her floor is covered in a layer of crap so I dont know what kind of workout she’s doing. Awful monster.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 8th, 2018, 1:11 pm

mightysparks wrote:
September 8th, 2018, 1:33 am
I’m definitely not going to miss living here lol. Annoying Housemate is the bane of my existence right now. Even yesterday I was watching something and she was cooking in the kitchen for 2 hours blasting top 40 crap and singing along loudly. I tried turning up my tv but i could still hear her during quiet moments. I also went out to flip some food I had in the oven as she was coming back to her room to eat. But she then turned and walked to the kitchen and sat down, obviously assuming I was staying out there so she could talk to me about nothing and melt my brain cells. I also made a cake and left the kitchen spotless but after she made dinner there was curry sauce and other droppings left on the bench. All these things happened yesterday. So inconsiderate it drives me insane.

Her room is a pigsty too, but that doesn’t bother me as much as the public areas. My other housemate’s 9 year old brother came over once and looked in her room and was like ugh how does she even get into bed and my housemate replied ‘I dunno she just flops into it’. Sometimes she claims she does exercise in her room but her floor is covered in a layer of crap so I dont know what kind of workout she’s doing. Awful monster.
I doubt if this is any comfort to you, but 13,000 km from Perth there's someone laughing at your post right now. That having said, I hope you'll be rid of her soon.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » October 16th, 2018, 3:34 am

Fucking browsers (and windows with its background garbage memory management):

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 16th, 2018, 3:35 am

I have the same thing happening to me with Chrome. I have to exit the browser once in a while to give the memory and cpu a break.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » October 16th, 2018, 2:01 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 3:34 am
WTF are you doing with FF? 50 tabs open?

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » October 16th, 2018, 2:10 pm

bal3x wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 2:01 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 3:34 am
WTF are you doing with FF? 50 tabs open?
No it was just 9 tabs. It just wouldn't release the memory. I'm pretty sure it's a windows issue due to me putting the laptop to sleep a few times since I opened firefox and once it starts hanging it just keeps trying to eat memory like it solves all the problems. Before I closed it minutes before that screen shot libreoffice calc was using up my other 2-3Gb of memory for a 15Mb file. Memory management is shit across the board.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » October 16th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Is that on Win 10? Yes, I did notice FF is using more memory with each new update.. same thing for Chrome which after the recent (spectre?) updates is using even more memory than before.. I have 4gb of RAM on my PC here so I don't have a risk of seeing what you got there :D

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Same here with closing from time to time, but 4GB is actually all I'm using IIRC. I do have a lot of tabs.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » October 16th, 2018, 3:21 pm

Yeah it's Win10. I haven't tried Chrome on PC since the new firefox came out a year ago, but it always has all the things I hate about Firefox plus its own extra annoyances. I know the immediate standout in that screenshot is the memory, but the CPU usage is absurd too, though that's more temporary because of whatever loop it got stuck in at that moment.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » October 16th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Yeah, perhaps try Chrome and see how that performs, personally I prefer Chrome, - honestly Edge is not bad at all in terms or memory footprint and speed, but there are many things missing - what keeps me with Chrome is scripts and bookmark sync, those are a must.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » October 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm

And yet, too many people wonder why I demand computers with at least 16GB of RAM...

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » October 16th, 2018, 11:37 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm
And yet, too many people wonder why I demand computers with at least 16GB of RAM...
Well, to be fair, my 4gb machine at work runs perfectly fine (I do keep it maintained), even though it feels a bit strange that my phone has 8 gb of RAM :whistling:

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » October 17th, 2018, 12:12 am

bal3x wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 11:37 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
Well, to be fair, my 4gb machine at work runs perfectly fine (I do keep it maintained), even though it feels a bit strange that my phone has 8 gb of RAM :whistling:
Hehehe... I'm one of those annoying users who opens everything in a new tab. My FF has 14 tabs right now, Chrome has 11, and then I'll switch to my work profile and have a similar issue there. All of a sudden, I'm using 8+ GB...

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 17th, 2018, 5:45 am

Maybe RAM manufacturers sponsor Mozilla and Google
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » October 17th, 2018, 7:11 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 12:12 am
bal3x wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 11:37 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
Hehehe... I'm one of those annoying users who opens everything in a new tab. My FF has 14 tabs right now, Chrome has 11, and then I'll switch to my work profile and have a similar issue there. All of a sudden, I'm using 8+ GB...
lol, I'm completely opposite - I tend not to have too many tabs/programs running, if I don't needs them I close them :)

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 26th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Wish I could pick & choose which days to come to work like back in school days. Everyone's so diligent it's nauseating.

Also, when is the 6 hour day happening?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » October 26th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Pick and choose at school?
Didn't you have lessons at school which you had to attend?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 27th, 2018, 12:12 am

I’m so sick of whinging about people not doing their dishes but srsly how fecking hard is it to do them regularly!! I’m the only one who studies at uni full time and works and cooks and exercises and yet I still magically have a spare 5 fucking minutes to put my dishes away. Also people leaving their dishes in the sink omfg. I have to fish out wet dirty bowls and forks from the sink all day just so I can wash my own dishes and use the sink. How many times do I have to ask before these children learn?? Everyone in this house needs to grow up and be more considerate of the three other people they live with. They might whinge I’m bossy but I just don’t want to live in a pig sty and I want to be able to use my house when I want to.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 27th, 2018, 6:09 am

joachimt wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 6:01 pm
Well I could just miss a few pointless ones in the morning and go for the ones I can tolerate. Or just feign illness and skip all day and play games.
Sometimes there's an interesting movie on TV. :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » October 27th, 2018, 7:18 am

Armoreska wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 6:09 am
joachimt wrote:
Well I could just miss a few pointless ones in the morning and go for the ones I can tolerate. Or just feign illness and skip all day and play games.
Ah, were you one of those students. What age are you talking about, btw? You wouldn't get away with that for long at the school I work.
ICM-profile

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 27th, 2018, 10:20 am

joachimt wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 7:18 am
Armoreska wrote:
joachimt wrote:
Ah, were you one of those students. What age are you talking about, btw? You wouldn't get away with that for long at the school I work.
Can't recall. Mostly towards the end probably.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » October 27th, 2018, 10:39 am

Armoreska wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 10:20 am
joachimt wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 7:18 am
Armoreska wrote:

Can't recall. Mostly towards the end probably.
Kids at the final years of my school often complain about how much school asks of them to do. They think it's way too much and impossible to keep track of during a normal week's work. I often tell them "wait, till you get to University, then you know what fast pace study is". I'm not even trying to convince them they'll get really busy after studies when they start working. One day they'll long back to the easy days at school. :lol:
ICM-profile

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 27th, 2018, 11:14 am

I find uni much easier than highschool. I lost total interest in the final 2 years of highschool and barely showed up and barely passed. I just didn’t care. I hated the way it was structured. I hated the environment. I much prefer fast paced study to the slow drawn out schooling. If I ever had kids they would be homeschooled because I wouldn’t want anyone to have to go through the waste of time that is public school.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » October 29th, 2018, 12:44 pm

mightysparks wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 12:12 am
I’m so sick of whinging about people not doing their dishes but srsly how fecking hard is it to do them regularly!! I’m the only one who studies at uni full time and works and cooks and exercises and yet I still magically have a spare 5 fucking minutes to put my dishes away. Also people leaving their dishes in the sink omfg. I have to fish out wet dirty bowls and forks from the sink all day just so I can wash my own dishes and use the sink. How many times do I have to ask before these children learn?? Everyone in this house needs to grow up and be more considerate of the three other people they live with. They might whinge I’m bossy but I just don’t want to live in a pig sty and I want to be able to use my house when I want to.
Welcome to the #1 reason why I finally got a place of my own in 2006 (well, that and I finally got a decent enough paying job so that I could move out). Been living alone for ~13 years and I ain't going back! (except perhaps in retirement, unless I get married first). :P

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 10th, 2018, 7:15 am

Some time ago (a year? a few years?) I went to Red Rooster to get my favourite selection, the True Blue wrap, and they were like uh we don't do that anymore. It had been replaced by the Texas BBQ wrap, which then became my favourite selection. Now that one's gone!! And no replacement this time. Why do my favourite things always get taken away :'(

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 16th, 2018, 4:27 am

Power went out for a solid 20 hours. Which was especially annoying because I live in the city limits and because I was one of those lucky 4k who "we restored power overnight to the majority of the 60k customer who lost power, and today we're working on the final 4k." Ugh.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » December 16th, 2018, 11:48 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 4:27 am
Power went out for a solid 20 hours.
I feel your pain. Thankfully, that's not an issue in recent years. Now I have low voltage in the evenings or when neighbors use a washing machine.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

fori

Post by fori » December 16th, 2018, 11:58 am

Shit the same thing just happened to me, but for an actual 24 hrs

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 17th, 2018, 5:40 pm

AAARRRGHHH! Why can't number be correct for once?! IMDb says I rated 11694 titles, but when I export my ratings I get an Excel-file with 11689 titles. iCM says I checked 11692 titles, but when I export my checks I get an Excel-file with 11689 titles. At least the number of IMDb and iCM in Excel match. I think the difference on iCM is caused by three movies that have been deleted by Marijn yesterday, but somehow my checkcount didn't update.
ICM-profile

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » December 17th, 2018, 5:47 pm

joachimt wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 5:40 pm
AAARRRGHHH! Why can't number be correct for once?! IMDb says I rated 11694 titles, but when I export my ratings I get an Excel-file with 11689 titles. iCM says I checked 11692 titles, but when I export my checks I get an Excel-file with 11689 titles. At least the number of IMDb and iCM in Excel match. I think the difference on iCM is caused by three movies that have been deleted by Marijn yesterday, but somehow my checkcount didn't update.
Your OCD is showing.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 17th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 5:47 pm
joachimt wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Your OCD is showing.
I know. This is the best place to show it, because lots of people here understand my problem. :rolleyes:
ICM-profile