Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

the Complaint Lounge

Post Reply
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

the Complaint Lounge

#121

Post by xianjiro » February 14th, 2018, 11:52 am

lol - my thought wasn't about challenges, just about more time for movies - cue the Jeffersons theme song

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11450
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#122

Post by Armoreska » February 15th, 2018, 11:38 am

maxwelldeux on Feb 14 2018, 01:36:33 AM wrote:Long story short, my hours got cut in about half today - I'm basically capped at 20 hours/week. Which is fine, because I can live on that, but throws a kink in a lot of plans I was making.

However, my wife's first reaction upon hearing that news was "Well, I guess you have more time for your challenges." So I'm going to take that as permission to binge on 1960s African American cinema from Latin America.
I wanna have 20 hrs a weeeek :'(
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#123

Post by xianjiro » February 15th, 2018, 12:36 pm

I'm still trying to find 10

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23806
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#124

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » February 26th, 2018, 5:51 am

Why is it so hard to spell vertical? No one seems to have a problem with horizontal, yet every semester I have a bunch of people who keep writing "verticle" even though it's spelled correctly on another question on the very same page. And no, these are not ESL or even otherwise struggling students.

User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mar 23, 2015
Contact:

#125

Post by monk-time » February 26th, 2018, 8:13 am

vertical: /ˈvɝtɪkəl/
musical: /ˈmju.zɪ.kəl/
radical: /ˈɹædɪkəl/
radicle: /ˈɹædɪkəl/
particle: /ˈpɑɹtɪkəl/
vehicle: /ˈvi.ə.kəl/
obstacle: /ˈɒbstəkəl/

Some kind of hypercorrection? I don't see any adjectives that end with -cle, but there are plenty of nouns that are pronounced the same. English is wierd.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7667
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#126

Post by maxwelldeux » February 26th, 2018, 10:41 am

PeacefulAnarchy on Feb 25 2018, 10:51:10 PM wrote:Why is it so hard to spell vertical? No one seems to have a problem with horizontal, yet every semester I have a bunch of people who keep writing "verticle" even though it's spelled correctly on another question on the very same page. And no, these are not ESL or even otherwise struggling students.
This is the sort of question you don't want to know the answer to. Back when I taught college students, I'd have sections of lessons devoted to my pet peeves on spelling/grammar. After those, no one argued with getting marked down for the "their/there/they're" distinction (or "affect/effect" or "insure/ensure/assure") .

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#127

Post by Knaldskalle » February 26th, 2018, 7:32 pm

monk-time on Feb 26 2018, 01:13:40 AM wrote:English is wierd.
I before e, except after c.

Albeit, if you're an ancient heinous heir to a weird heifer and leisurely considering reimbursing your neighbor's financier, you may weigh that rule differently.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mar 23, 2015
Contact:

#128

Post by monk-time » February 26th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Congrats, you've defiantly nipped that mute point in the butt. :)

Speaking of which: one of my biggest surprises a few years ago was that people who study linguistics really dislike grammar police. Discussions there really helped me to get rid of almost all of my habitual anger related to how people use language.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#129

Post by xianjiro » February 26th, 2018, 9:00 pm

evolving language vs grammar police - hmmm, wonder if anyone could make a movie work on that premise, sounds kinda dull though there is a TV series about librarians (that I've heard of but not yet seen)

but a language's evolution is quite different from lazy usage - "Wow, that's a bad sportcar" isn't difficult to understand unless one is learning the language or hasn't been in touch with anything like mainstream culture for a couple decades. And now with the internet, even when new slang pops up "she threw him some shade" it's easy to figure out what that means without feeling stupid by asking, "Can someone tell me what that means?" (Google never judges, never questions "Are you really sure you want to see pictures of ... ? I mean, REALLY sure?"

But when I read a message or a post and can't understand what the author is trying to say - or at least am unclear on the meaning without making judgments about the author's intent - that's when it starts getting dicey and I start getting annoyed.

Lky ppl i txt rnt lzzzy ez 2 gttm

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#130

Post by mightysparks » February 27th, 2018, 12:48 am

One thing I noticed a lot of people at high school doing was using ‘he’s’ instead of ‘his’. Drove me insane.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#131

Post by mightysparks » February 27th, 2018, 1:00 am

Oh yeh so yesterday I was at uni and messaging my bf on FB when suddenly no messages would send. I assumed it was a connection problem but then got a text from him saying he couldn’t message me. I tried logging into FB again and it asked me to upload a photo of myself to verify my identity and just says I can’t log in until they’ve reviewed my profile. Idk why I got picked out for review. I haven’t done anything offensive, so idk if it’s because of the fake name. Really annoying coz that’s the main way I communicate with the handful of people I’m friends with. Also can’t use any Facebook logins which is most of my logins.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#132

Post by xianjiro » February 27th, 2018, 10:58 am

simply put -- 1fichier.com -- done with them. done with the spam. done with the popups to porn sites. done with the links that don't generate a download and then, of course, must wait an hour before trying again.

plain and simple 1fichier.com sucks!

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8503
Joined: May 28, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#133

Post by jvv » February 27th, 2018, 11:03 am

xianjiro on Feb 27 2018, 03:58:20 AM wrote:simply put -- 1fichier.com -- done with them. done with the spam. done with the popups to porn sites. done with the links that don't generate a download and then, of course, must wait an hour before trying again.

plain and simple 1fichier.com sucks!
totally agree

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7085
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#134

Post by Gershwin » February 27th, 2018, 11:37 am

monk-time on Feb 26 2018, 01:44:03 PM wrote:Congrats, you've defiantly nipped that mute point in the butt. :)

Speaking of which: one of my biggest surprises a few years ago was that people who study linguistics really dislike grammar police. Discussions there really helped me to get rid of almost all of my habitual anger related to how people use language.
I studied linguistics for a few years and I'm most certainly a grammar Nazi, at least when using my native language (Dutch).
But then again I work in an area that demands some kind of linguistic uniformity, so some grammar policing is needed there.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10613
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#135

Post by funkybusiness » February 27th, 2018, 11:39 am

if you make a free account, even with a single-use email address, it stops all that shit. (other than the pop-overs (one per download), but that has yet to have a negative impact on me other than I have to exit out of a tab. the ad doesn't even load!)

this was obviously re: the 1fichier discussion, not Gershwin's post...
Last edited by funkybusiness on February 27th, 2018, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mar 23, 2015
Contact:

#136

Post by monk-time » February 27th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Gershwin on Feb 27 2018, 04:37:41 AM wrote:I studied linguistics for a few years and I'm most certainly a grammar Nazi, at least when using my native language (Dutch).
But then again I work in an area that demands some kind of linguistic uniformity, so some grammar policing is needed there.
I agree that there are many formal registers where following prescriptivist rules is very important, but I just don't see a point in correcting informal speech or making a big deal out of 'literally'/'could care less'/'irregardless'/'solder' with a silent L/etc. As xianjiro said, as long as it's possible to understand what was meant it's all fine by me.

What I really don't like are tirades about language being illogical or bastardized by teenagers or Americans or whatever, as if any language was ever anything but an arbitrary mishmash of random mutations that would make previous generations (or neighboring peoples) faint. It might be mostly American linguistics students that react against it, but their arguments about those sentiments being heavily fueled by casual racism and classism (esp. re: AAVE) were quite eye-opening for me.

(so we've made a full circle back to complaints :) )
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#137

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2018, 2:54 am

funkybusiness on Feb 27 2018, 04:39:52 AM wrote:if you make a free account, even with a single-use email address, it stops all that shit. (other than the pop-overs (one per download), but that has yet to have a negative impact on me other than I have to exit out of a tab. the ad doesn't even load!)

this was obviously re: the 1fichier discussion, not Gershwin's post...
Think I'll give your suggestion a try later tonight, but be forewarned, if it doesn't work, I'm going to make you sit in the corner with Cipp so you can listen to him rave about Trump.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#138

Post by Knaldskalle » February 28th, 2018, 4:58 am

mightysparks on Feb 26 2018, 06:00:21 PM wrote:Oh yeh so yesterday I was at uni and messaging my bf on FB when suddenly no messages would send. I assumed it was a connection problem but then got a text from him saying he couldn’t message me. I tried logging into FB again and it asked me to upload a photo of myself to verify my identity and just says I can’t log in until they’ve reviewed my profile. Idk why I got picked out for review. I haven’t done anything offensive, so idk if it’s because of the fake name. Really annoying coz that’s the main way I communicate with the handful of people I’m friends with. Also can’t use any Facebook logins which is most of my logins.
I fail to see how being locked out of Facebook is a problem.... ;)

But using Facebook logins to other sites is not only letting Facebook track you all over the Intertubez, it's a single point of failure. If someone gets your Facebook password they can log in as you all those other places. Don't use Facebook logins outside of Facebook itself.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#139

Post by mightysparks » February 28th, 2018, 5:14 am

Knaldskalle on Feb 27 2018, 09:58:03 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Feb 26 2018, 06:00:21 PM wrote:Oh yeh so yesterday I was at uni and messaging my bf on FB when suddenly no messages would send. I assumed it was a connection problem but then got a text from him saying he couldn’t message me. I tried logging into FB again and it asked me to upload a photo of myself to verify my identity and just says I can’t log in until they’ve reviewed my profile. Idk why I got picked out for review. I haven’t done anything offensive, so idk if it’s because of the fake name. Really annoying coz that’s the main way I communicate with the handful of people I’m friends with. Also can’t use any Facebook logins which is most of my logins.
I fail to see how being locked out of Facebook is a problem.... ;)

But using Facebook logins to other sites is not only letting Facebook track you all over the Intertubez, it's a single point of failure. If someone gets your Facebook password they can log in as you all those other places. Don't use Facebook logins outside of Facebook itself.
Yeah I’m just really lazy lol. And this Fb has like 7 friends; people I live with and some family. I also liked a bunch of meme and film pages so I have something to look at when I’m bored. So it’s annoying losing it for that and I’ve been so frustrated when I’ve been out and waiting (hour lunch break was hell).
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#140

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2018, 5:39 am

xianjiro on Feb 27 2018, 07:54:37 PM wrote:
funkybusiness on Feb 27 2018, 04:39:52 AM wrote:if you make a free account, even with a single-use email address, it stops all that shit. (other than the pop-overs (one per download), but that has yet to have a negative impact on me other than I have to exit out of a tab. the ad doesn't even load!)

this was obviously re: the 1fichier discussion, not Gershwin's post...
Think I'll give your suggestion a try later tonight, but be forewarned, if it doesn't work, I'm going to make you sit in the corner with Cipp so you can listen to him rave about Trump.
you only have to endure 15 minutes of punishment @funky - the fake email addy seems to be working but not before one of the URLs spawned by 1fichier was blocked for malware

so, again, it seems like we should really consider steering away from this website - they don't seem to care what (malware included) they are serving for a buck!

:finger: 1fichier

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10613
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#141

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2018, 6:00 am

I imagine some sort of javascript block would help with that.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#142

Post by mightysparks » February 28th, 2018, 6:02 am

Our real estate agents changed on Monday. We were given about a week notice from our old one, but after hearing nothing from the new one not having any details I had to email our old one and then email our new one to find out who I’m supposed to pay rent to this week. It’s due tomorrow and I still don’t know. Are all real estate agents so useless Jesus man
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#143

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2018, 6:59 am

1fichier - so, I'm not really sure what I got (for providing a fake email addy) Still got multiple page spawns. Still had the dl throttled. And then got to know my AntiVirus worked.

So, now I wonder if your experience is better because you're blocking javascript or something.

I clear out their cookies when I close the browser and also rebooted modem to acquire a new IP (both have helped in the past to avoid such hassels). Maybe they've stepped up the annoyance level very recently for some reason. (Sure, annoy the hell out of me and I'll happily give you my credit card! Not a good business model if you ask me, but no seems to any more.)

Also, I get notices that the links are their old format - so does this mean when the link gets shared, it's probably from another website. In other words, someone is just passing along a link that's been on their 1fichier's website for some time?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10613
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#144

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2018, 7:12 am

I honestly dunno mate. I've never had a problem with 1fichier but I usually only download something every few hours at most. there is definitely a "wait 2 hours or more" sort of thing. definitely get a javascript tool like noscript or ublock origin or something. allow 1fichier to let the site itself work (1fichier is not the problem, it's the shitty ads that pop up/over), but the ads should be autoblocked and you shouldn't have the malware issues. (...also, you've got some form of adblock right?)

the old format thing is when it was posted/uploaded "wherever" it was awhile ago. the format used to be ident.1fichier.com and now it's 1fichier.com/ident (...or is the other way 'round? whatever). the url is just a way of getting you to a page for a link to the file on one of their servers, not necessarily where the file is located. the change is fairly recent, last six months or so. it shouldn't be an issue just click the redirect.
Last edited by funkybusiness on February 28th, 2018, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#145

Post by xianjiro » February 28th, 2018, 7:19 am

yeah, running uBlock origin and some flavor of Adblock. Plus the Antivirus does some blocking as well. Usually I only try to dl once from them in a given day (week?), but of course when the thing craps out before spawning the save dialog in my OS :pinch: Who knows?!?

Anyway, thanks for the effort and information and all. :cheers:

Still think THEY are hosers :thumbsup:
Last edited by xianjiro on February 28th, 2018, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

allisoncm
Posts: 16279
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#146

Post by allisoncm » February 28th, 2018, 10:59 pm

viewtopic.php?t=299&1/#new

Could links be added to the February challenges in the Challenges Index? Also, some of the challenges are ready for March as well.

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13036
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#147

Post by bal3x » March 1st, 2018, 1:33 am

xianjiro on Feb 27 2018, 10:39:41 PM wrote:
xianjiro on Feb 27 2018, 07:54:37 PM wrote:
funkybusiness on Feb 27 2018, 04:39:52 AM wrote:if you make a free account, even with a single-use email address, it stops all that shit. (other than the pop-overs (one per download), but that has yet to have a negative impact on me other than I have to exit out of a tab. the ad doesn't even load!)

this was obviously re: the 1fichier discussion, not Gershwin's post...
Think I'll give your suggestion a try later tonight, but be forewarned, if it doesn't work, I'm going to make you sit in the corner with Cipp so you can listen to him rave about Trump.
you only have to endure 15 minutes of punishment @funky - the fake email addy seems to be working but not before one of the URLs spawned by 1fichier was blocked for malware

so, again, it seems like we should really consider steering away from this website - they don't seem to care what (malware included) they are serving for a buck!

:finger: 1fichier
I don't quite follow what you're talking about, mate. I use jdownloader2 and don't even visit 1fichier at all... but when I did I have not seen a single ad.. my setup includes https everywhere, ublock origin and privacy badger, perhaps you need to look into a decent adblocker, ublock origin is highly recommended.
EDIT: I see you're using ublock... oh well, then perhaps you need to look into tweaking some settings in the 3rd party filters. As I said I'm not seeing any ads at all on that site.
Last edited by bal3x on March 1st, 2018, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#148

Post by Knaldskalle » March 23rd, 2018, 3:04 am

Sigh. Firefox 59 is out and it broke the audio on my linux machine. Will be fixed in 3 months or so. No more Youtube vids for me or streaming audio via the browser.

Could you imagine this being released with no working audio for Windows?
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7667
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#149

Post by maxwelldeux » March 23rd, 2018, 4:42 am

Knaldskalle on Mar 22 2018, 09:04:09 PM wrote:Sigh. Firefox 59 is out and it broke the audio on my linux machine. Will be fixed in 3 months or so. No more Youtube vids for me or streaming audio via the browser.

Could you imagine this being released with no working audio for Windows?
Yes.

A few releases ago, it broke something with audio on Windows, and I had to switch over to Chrome for all streaming. It was fixed in a subsequent update, but it was annoying as balls at the time. I thought I was going crazy at the time...

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#150

Post by xianjiro » March 23rd, 2018, 9:25 am

Knaldskalle on Mar 22 2018, 09:04:09 PM wrote:Sigh. Firefox 59 is out and it broke the audio on my linux machine. Will be fixed in 3 months or so. No more Youtube vids for me or streaming audio via the browser.

Could you imagine this being released with no working audio for Windows?
INSANE! :finger:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mar 23, 2015
Contact:

#151

Post by monk-time » March 23rd, 2018, 9:57 am

Knaldskalle on Mar 22 2018, 09:04:09 PM wrote:Sigh. Firefox 59 is out and it broke the audio on my linux machine. Will be fixed in 3 months or so. No more Youtube vids for me or streaming audio via the browser.
Do these workarounds help?

I've read a bit about this bug ([1] [2] [3] [4]), seems to be related to them finally tightening the security by implementing (or hardening) the content sandbox. Configuring pulseaudio so that it's always running should help in the meantime if you prefer to stay on Stable (it's fixed in Beta).

I do feel sorry for FF devs: their management let the core product amass a ton of tech debt while they were chasing rainbows (Firefox OS), and only last year they've relocated resources back onto the browser itself. Now they basically try to rebuild a large part of a huge codebase, removing outdated tech (e.g. XBL, XUL is yet to come) and replacing core parts of the engine with innovative tech like Rust. But yeah, it's going to be quite a bumpy ride.
Last edited by monk-time on March 23rd, 2018, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#152

Post by mightysparks » April 1st, 2018, 2:27 am

Sigh.

Image
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#153

Post by xianjiro » April 3rd, 2018, 8:49 am

It's really annoying that forum search is still not working - I've been trying to find that thread where we post about movies we just checked but saw long ago

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10613
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#154

Post by funkybusiness » April 3rd, 2018, 8:53 am

xianjiro on Apr 3 2018, 02:49:14 AM wrote:It's really annoying that forum search is still not working - I've been trying to find that thread where we post about movies we just checked but saw long ago
viewtopic.php?t=466&8/#new ??

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7072
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#155

Post by xianjiro » April 3rd, 2018, 9:24 am

funkybusiness on Apr 3 2018, 02:53:27 AM wrote:
xianjiro on Apr 3 2018, 02:49:14 AM wrote:It's really annoying that forum search is still not working - I've been trying to find that thread where we post about movies we just checked but saw long ago
viewtopic.php?t=466&8/#new ??
yup, that's the one! Thanks :thumbsup:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Coco LaBerge
Posts: 873
Joined: Jan 16, 2016
Contact:

#156

Post by Coco LaBerge » April 11th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Went out to a mid range French resteraunt today. We still spent a bit £55. Enjoyed the meal while I was there and had a good time, but I've had vile nausea for hours. Had mussels, so cross right now, don't want to spend money to be sick all eve :( Food hygiene shouldn't be that hard.

allisoncm
Posts: 16279
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#157

Post by allisoncm » April 12th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Coco LaBerge on Apr 11 2018, 04:51:51 PM wrote:Went out to a mid range French resteraunt today. We still spent a bit £55. Enjoyed the meal while I was there and had a good time, but I've had vile nausea for hours. Had mussels, so cross right now, don't want to spend money to be sick all eve :( Food hygiene shouldn't be that hard.
I loved French food. Was a meat eater, but went vegan almost a year ago. Has greatly reduced any changes of getting food poisoning. I recommend it.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 30663
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#158

Post by joachimt » April 28th, 2018, 7:45 am

I woke up terribly today. Yesterday we had King's Day in The Netherlands with the usual kleedjesmarkt (people selling their old stuff). My youngest bought a singing Elsa-doll. If you press the diamond on her chest, she starts singing Let it go. Well, you can guess what woke me up this morning. :verymad:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11450
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#159

Post by Armoreska » April 28th, 2018, 7:53 am

How does this affect our race to gold? I've got 7 to go and at least 1.5 days, and you've got 11.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 30663
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#160

Post by joachimt » April 28th, 2018, 7:56 am

Armoreska on Apr 28 2018, 01:53:08 AM wrote:How does this affect our race to gold? I've got 7 to go and at least 1.5 days, and you've got 11.
Waking up badly doesn't effect it. I'm always in the mood for watching movies. It's just that I'm going on vacation coming week, so I'll barely be watching movies then. Grab the gold if you want to. I'm happy coming in third. -_-
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Post Reply