Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

the Complaint Lounge

Knaldskalle

Re: the Complaint Lounge

Post by Knaldskalle » June 7th, 2020, 4:44 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 4:32 pm
I dunno getting falsely accused of being a white supremacist is pretty serious.
Depends on who the accuser is. I think you're getting worked up about nothing.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » June 9th, 2020, 1:27 am

RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:49 pm
peeptoad wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Well, rarefilmm is gone...that sucks.
Damn, poor Jon. I hadn't watched anything he had on there for a year or so, but it was an interesting and nicely laid-out site.

Hope it comes back, in due course...
SHIT! I just discovered this. I had about 40 films bookmarked to watch. That site was a dream. Great films, great interface.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » June 9th, 2020, 11:09 am

Why is it that when I search for "Our Time Will Come", the first two suggestions are Where's the Cum? and Where's the Cum? 2. That's really the best our search engine can do?

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Onderhond wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 11:09 am
Why is it that when I search for "Our Time Will Come", the first two suggestions are Where's the Cum? and Where's the Cum? 2. That's really the best our search engine can do?
I get only one suggestion:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/min ... i+shi+you/
Which is the one you're looking for I guess.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » June 9th, 2020, 1:49 pm

Onderhond wrote:
I usually just go for finding on IMDB and copy the tt number. Much quicker.

What's always baffled me about the search is that it'll often find the right thing in the dropdown whilst you're typing but then when you enter to get the actual search results page, that result is way down the list.

Case in point, trying to locate Lost Lost Lost. Suggested dropdown top right picks out the right film, but search results, it's halfway down the page after some completely random fuzzy matches:

(yes it's going to be 10,000th check :party: )

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » June 9th, 2020, 1:55 pm

joachimt wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Onderhond wrote:
I get only one suggestion:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/min ... i+shi+you/
Which is the one you're looking for I guess.
I was adding films to a list, although it's baffling why that particular search would behave differently.

I also know that using the tt-code is generally the easiest way to find a film, but when working from other sources, getting that code is also a little bothersome.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 2nd, 2020, 2:57 pm

Gotta love when everything happens at once

- Work hours doubled to include day long shifts and these shifts means 8 hours of sprinting with no time for washroom or food
- Moving out for the first time (good but stressful) and of course landlords are acting like landlords and our expenses went up by $1000 in a flash
- Disability did one of the worst mix-ups I've seen that might result in my brother getting kicked out because of their mistake
- My partner's fibroid reached 12 cm in like 6 months so either chemical-induced menopause or surgery is required

And here people like my mother are wondering why I'm in the middle of a bipolar high and a psychotic episode lol

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 10th, 2020, 5:27 am

RSI sucks major balls. I've been dealing with it for 4.5 years now and it never gets any easier. I've been really wanting to play Last of Us 2 recently and I overplayed a little the other day (about 4 hours total).

First, my left little finger and ring finger start to ache (and the muscles that control them up my forearm), that's generally the sign when I need to stop whatever I'm doing. If I'm at work and it happens, I have to tell my supervisor I can't scan anymore because it's not worth the days of recovery. It will usually be my left hand first since that's the one that grabs items and turns them to scan, but my right hand will eventually play up too because of the way I hold the scanner. I can't work shifts longer than 4 hours because of this, and can't work two days in a row because I always need to rest my hands for a day after a shift. I worked a few days the other week but had to pull off a bunch of later shifts that week because I screwed up my hands.

Anyway, they started hurting but I wanted to keep playing. Then my left thumb starts to go but I just want to get to the next section. When I'm working, this will usually be the index finger on my right hand from pressing buttons. By the time I got to the next section my left wrist was starting to swell up and click and I just had to stop playing. I tried to play last night but my thumb was still screwy. And it's still clicky and swollen and sore today. It refuses to crack so I can't get any relief. And since I have to constantly use my thumb to walk, I just can't play. And I'm not in the mood for anything else so I'm just sad, bored, annoyed and in pain.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » July 10th, 2020, 6:18 am

Wife decided to sleep on the basement ans switch off all the Nas ...

What could go wrong right....

Just 1 day before leaving for holliday, the main seeding machine won't restart.

Marriage brings all kind of ... stuff i guess

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 15th, 2020, 11:45 pm

it's annoying and redundant to quote the text in article and post a tweet

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 16th, 2020, 8:42 am

xianjiro wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 11:45 pm
I object. Source posts get deleted. Actually it's good to quote.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » July 16th, 2020, 9:02 am

xianjiro wrote:
Referencing (opinionated) tweets is annoying, especially in articles. Twitter is the trash can of people's brains, just don't give it more attention than it deserves.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 16th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Armoreska wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 8:42 am
xianjiro wrote:
I object. Source posts get deleted. Actually it's good to quote.
you're absolutely correct there - I'd quote and put the tweet image in the footnotes (or wherever) if the desire is to capture 'proof', and if that's the case, then just embedding the tweet isn't going to do that for the reasons mentioned. But if the plan is the story will only have a short shelf-life anyway, then I'd just embed with no quotation

And then he tweeted:
"

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 26th, 2020, 6:11 pm

This apartment building is like a fucking nursery - I hear babies/toddlers crying all the time. I hate that sound so fucking much. :yucky:

I ought to make sure there are no babies in a 100 m radius from my next residence. And no young couples either, just to be on the safe side (unless they're anti-natalist). Fuck babies, seriously.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 26th, 2020, 11:28 pm

For nearly a month now the apartment above us has been having renovations or something done. Usually 3 days a week, 6 hours a day we have to deal with unbearably loud drilling and banging. I turn my music up as loud as it can go and I usually still can’t hear the music, it sucks balls. I had to play The Last of Us 2 very loudly and only the screams when I died getting ripped apart were close to covering the sounds. Last week I had a bad night and didn’t get to sleep til 5am. Workers start with the loudest spine tingling drilling you can imagine at 9 on the dot. Bf and I were so pissed we just left and stayed out the whole day. Dude was shuffling around til midnight last night, it’s now 7am and I can hear him quietly banging and moving stuff (he’s trying to be quiet but I’m a light sleeper and it still woke me up). Like seriously dude. I can’t even put in words how frustrated I am and how much I want this guy to die. He is literally third on my list for people I most want dead.

I thought babies would be the worst thing to live next door to but it’s actually this guy. And yea I agree Lammetje, whenever we move we will be making sure there are no newborns or couples looking to get pregnant around us (idk how but will scope it out). Construction douches, babies, people playing instruments, overly friendly neighbours and children are the things on my list to avoid for neighbours.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 27th, 2020, 9:07 am

mightysparks wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 11:28 pm
For nearly a month now the apartment above us has been having renovations or something done. Usually 3 days a week, 6 hours a day we have to deal with unbearably loud drilling and banging. I turn my music up as loud as it can go and I usually still can’t hear the music, it sucks balls. I had to play The Last of Us 2 very loudly and only the screams when I died getting ripped apart were close to covering the sounds. Last week I had a bad night and didn’t get to sleep til 5am. Workers start with the loudest spine tingling drilling you can imagine at 9 on the dot. Bf and I were so pissed we just left and stayed out the whole day. Dude was shuffling around til midnight last night, it’s now 7am and I can hear him quietly banging and moving stuff (he’s trying to be quiet but I’m a light sleeper and it still woke me up). Like seriously dude. I can’t even put in words how frustrated I am and how much I want this guy to die. He is literally third on my list for people I most want dead.

I thought babies would be the worst thing to live next door to but it’s actually this guy. And yea I agree Lammetje, whenever we move we will be making sure there are no newborns or couples looking to get pregnant around us (idk how but will scope it out). Construction douches, babies, people playing instruments, overly friendly neighbours and children are the things on my list to avoid for neighbours.
Yup, construction and renovation noises are even worse. I had the pleasure of hearing those a lot last month, for a week or two, so not as long as you. Stay strong! :hug:

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 27th, 2020, 9:53 am

We found today the guy is redoing his kitchen, two bathrooms, laundry and balcony tiles. So far he's knocked out half the kitchen, just removed all the tiles in one bathroom and removed the tiles from the balcony. So I'm guessing it'll be another month at least. First month back at uni is going to be fun...

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 9:53 am
We found today the guy is redoing his kitchen, two bathrooms, laundry and balcony tiles. So far he's knocked out half the kitchen, just removed all the tiles in one bathroom and removed the tiles from the balcony. So I'm guessing it'll be another month at least. First month back at uni is going to be fun...
SpoilerShow

ETA: *at the scene
Last edited by Lammetje on July 27th, 2020, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 27th, 2020, 4:34 pm

:lol: :poshclap: