Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th), 1951 (Sep 4th), 500<400 (Sep 23rd)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

What happened to forum member x?

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12477
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

What happened to forum member x?

#41

Post by AdamH » February 28th, 2016, 6:21 pm

(l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l)

I thought we might have lost you for good.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3840
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#42

Post by Lammetje » March 13th, 2016, 10:33 pm

It's a shame about Drbop as well. He turned into an active poster in no time and just disappeared after a while. :(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#43

Post by monty » March 13th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Lammetje on Mar 13 2016, 04:33:43 PM wrote:It's a shame about Drbop as well. He turned into an active poster in no time and just disappeared after a while. :(
Maybe he got fed up with all the list onanism?

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12477
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#44

Post by AdamH » March 13th, 2016, 11:48 pm

Lammetje on Mar 13 2016, 04:33:43 PM wrote:It's a shame about Drbop as well. He turned into an active poster in no time and just disappeared after a while. :(
Yeah, I noticed he was gone too. I think it's probably fairly common for people to sign up on forums and be really active for a short time (maybe a few weeks or months) and then disappear. I hope he comes back at some point.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#45

Post by joachimt » March 14th, 2016, 7:06 am

monty on Mar 13 2016, 04:57:38 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Mar 13 2016, 04:33:43 PM wrote:It's a shame about Drbop as well. He turned into an active poster in no time and just disappeared after a while. :(
Maybe he got fed up with all the list onanism?
Don't think so. He even hosted a poll last year after he had been active for just a few weeks.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#46

Post by Kasparius » March 14th, 2016, 12:17 pm

monty on Mar 13 2016, 04:57:38 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Mar 13 2016, 04:33:43 PM wrote:It's a shame about Drbop as well. He turned into an active poster in no time and just disappeared after a while. :(
Maybe he got fed up with all the list onanism?
I think his last post was something about the inane nature of Monty's posts and polls.

SkilledLunatic
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact:

#47

Post by SkilledLunatic » March 22nd, 2016, 8:37 pm

Oh this is such a cute little thread. You guys are like the multi ethnical, sarcasm spouting, list making, poll abuser, film obsessed, dysfunctional but caring family I never had. I will probably fluctuate between periods of inactive and activity - I'm a very inconsistent person - but I will definitely check back on this forum.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#48

Post by joachimt » March 22nd, 2016, 10:04 pm

SkilledLunatic on Mar 22 2016, 02:37:09 PM wrote:Oh this is such a cute little thread. You guys are like the multi ethnical, sarcasm spouting, list making, poll abuser, film obsessed, dysfunctional but caring family I never had. I will probably fluctuate between periods of inactive and activity - I'm a very inconsistent person - but I will definitely check back on this forum.
We love you too. :wub:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12477
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#49

Post by AdamH » March 22nd, 2016, 11:17 pm

SkilledLunatic on Mar 22 2016, 02:37:09 PM wrote:Oh this is such a cute little thread. You guys are like the multi ethnical, sarcasm spouting, list making, poll abuser, film obsessed, dysfunctional but caring family I never had. I will probably fluctuate between periods of inactive and activity - I'm a very inconsistent person - but I will definitely check back on this forum.
We have got to use that as the tagline for the forum.

You are always very welcome on the forum Skilled. One of the many valued users on here :)

SkilledLunatic
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact:

#50

Post by SkilledLunatic » March 22nd, 2016, 11:33 pm

I know that a thanks isn't much but I don't really know what to say so: Thanks a lot you guys, it feels good to be appreciated. :thumbsup: (l)

You two are examples of what makes this forum great. Also very useful for links/downloads :D :P

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#51

Post by Kasparius » March 23rd, 2016, 4:10 am

Welcome back, Skilled!

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#52

Post by joachimt » March 23rd, 2016, 12:34 pm

I think I'll go AWOL one day to come back a few weeks later, just to read the kind things you'll have to say about me in this thread. :whistling:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

SkilledLunatic
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact:

#53

Post by SkilledLunatic » March 23rd, 2016, 7:58 pm

Thanks Kas ^_^
PS: I dont know how the forum would react if Joachim disappeared but I think it would be pretty catastrophic :pinch:

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#54

Post by monty » March 23rd, 2016, 8:04 pm

Joachim is the glue that holds this forum together. Why he still is just a member and not site owner is beyond me...

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#55

Post by joachimt » March 23rd, 2016, 8:18 pm

monty on Mar 23 2016, 02:04:24 PM wrote:Joachim is the glue that holds this forum together. Why he still is just a member and not site owner is beyond me...
Ahhhh... I'm glad I don't need to go AWOL to get these kind words. :hug:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mar 23, 2015
Contact:

#56

Post by monk-time » March 23rd, 2016, 8:21 pm

joachimt on Mar 23 2016, 02:18:21 PM wrote:
monty on Mar 23 2016, 02:04:24 PM wrote:Joachim is the glue that holds this forum together. Why he still is just a member and not site owner is beyond me...
Ahhhh... I'm glad I don't need to go AWOL to get these kind words. :hug:
Blackmail can move mountains. :D
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3840
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#57

Post by Lammetje » May 26th, 2016, 6:11 am

Mighty? :( :hug:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#58

Post by joachimt » May 26th, 2016, 8:02 am

Lammetje on May 26 2016, 12:11:23 AM wrote:Mighty? :( :hug:
She'll be back.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#59

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 12th, 2016, 9:09 pm

Wow it looks like Noirville actually left after that whole Islam thing in The Political Lounge.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#60

Post by monty » July 12th, 2016, 9:14 pm

What happened? Couldn't take the heat over her support for ISIS?


User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#62

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 12th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Talked about condemning Islam as opposed to gun laws for the Orlando shooting. He got called out for it by a few users, then when someone said delete your account the response was "Maybe I will, expected better from this forum"
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12477
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#63

Post by AdamH » July 12th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Politics is certainly a good way to cause huge arguments and conflict. 3308 posts in the political lounge now.

So is discussing a domain name for the forum...
Last edited by AdamH on July 12th, 2016, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#64

Post by Kasparius » July 12th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Ettinauer226XL on Jul 12 2016, 03:24:11 PM wrote:Talked about condemning Islam as opposed to gun laws for the Orlando shooting. He got called out for it by a few users, then when someone said delete your account the response was "Maybe I will, expected better from this forum"
When did that happen?

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#65

Post by monty » July 12th, 2016, 10:17 pm

Kasparius on Jul 12 2016, 04:14:06 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Jul 12 2016, 03:24:11 PM wrote:Talked about condemning Islam as opposed to gun laws for the Orlando shooting. He got called out for it by a few users, then when someone said delete your account the response was "Maybe I will, expected better from this forum"
When did that happen?
After you made your customary delete-your-account comment.
Last edited by monty on July 12th, 2016, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#66

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 12th, 2016, 11:57 pm

It happened at the end of June.

I think I know where he is. Let's just say... he's seeing Prince Albert.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on July 12th, 2016, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#67

Post by monty » July 13th, 2016, 12:15 am

Is that some gay code talk, Artie?

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#68

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 13th, 2016, 12:17 am

monty on Jul 12 2016, 06:15:56 PM wrote:Is that some gay code talk, Artie?
Let's just say... he's getting his penis pierced.

;)
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#69

Post by monty » July 13th, 2016, 12:20 am

Ouch. Why would anyone want to do that? Are you considering the same plan of treatment by any chance? Then again, don't tell. I don't want to know, hehe.
Last edited by monty on July 13th, 2016, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#70

Post by Kasparius » July 13th, 2016, 12:33 am

monty on Jul 12 2016, 04:17:49 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Jul 12 2016, 04:14:06 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Jul 12 2016, 03:24:11 PM wrote:Talked about condemning Islam as opposed to gun laws for the Orlando shooting. He got called out for it by a few users, then when someone said delete your account the response was "Maybe I will, expected better from this forum"
When did that happen?
After you made your customary delete-your-account comment.
:huh:

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#71

Post by Pretentious Hipster » July 13th, 2016, 12:36 am

monty on Jul 12 2016, 06:20:15 PM wrote:Ouch. Why would anyone want to do that? Are you considering the same plan of treatment by any chance? Then again, don't tell. I don't want to know, hehe.
Considering my career choice now I can't even get my ears pierced. But then again WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT THEM
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7880
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#72

Post by xianjiro » July 13th, 2016, 1:13 am

Ettinauer226XL on Jul 12 2016, 06:17:44 PM wrote:
monty on Jul 12 2016, 06:15:56 PM wrote:Is that some gay code talk, Artie?
Let's just say... he's getting his penis pierced.

;)
rock on!

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7880
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#73

Post by xianjiro » July 13th, 2016, 1:14 am

monty on Jul 12 2016, 06:20:15 PM wrote:Ouch. Why would anyone want to do that? Are you considering the same plan of treatment by any chance? Then again, don't tell. I don't want to know, hehe.
i smell a poll coming on :unsure:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#74

Post by monty » July 13th, 2016, 1:18 am

xianjiro on Jul 12 2016, 07:14:07 PM wrote:
monty on Jul 12 2016, 06:20:15 PM wrote:Ouch. Why would anyone want to do that? Are you considering the same plan of treatment by any chance? Then again, don't tell. I don't want to know, hehe.
i smell a poll coming on :unsure:
No worries. I leave piercings to Art.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20331
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#75

Post by Pretentious Hipster » August 6th, 2016, 6:55 am

Jay Mars :'(

And maybe Local... again (why this thread was made in the first place)
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10851
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#76

Post by funkybusiness » August 6th, 2016, 7:16 am

Ettinauer226XL on Aug 6 2016, 12:55:52 AM wrote:Jay Mars :'(

And maybe Local... again (why this thread was made in the first place)
D; where muh bruhs at D;

jgwr
Posts: 1114
Joined: Oct 16, 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

#77

Post by jgwr » August 6th, 2016, 10:57 am

AdamH on Feb 9 2016, 12:10:04 AM wrote:Quite a few regulars seem to have largely disappeared by this point. Especially:

Local Hero
burneyfan
George Bailey
serriform
Pain
lampadatriste
SkilledLunatic
3rd
insomnia
ormazd
Sir Plebeian
CMT
SeanMX12
Nuclearplanet
jgwr

Pretty surprised and disappointed that Local Hero seems to have suddenly vanished from the forum. :( Burney has barely posted on the forum for months either.
For what little it may be worth, I'm back (and thanks for noticing my absence). Hadn't been watching any films for months, so I didn't have anything to contribute. Starting to get back into the habit slowly, though.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#78

Post by joachimt » November 14th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Kingink hasn't been here since September 27th. :(
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31967
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#79

Post by joachimt » November 14th, 2016, 8:23 pm

He hasn't checked a movie since then as well. Anybody heard anything?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
ChrisReynolds
Donator
Posts: 2578
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

#80

Post by ChrisReynolds » November 14th, 2016, 8:47 pm

joachimt on Nov 14 2016, 01:23:19 PM wrote:He hasn't checked a movie since then as well. Anybody heard anything?
He last posted on Facebook on 27th October, but he's not particularly active on there so that's not unusual. I've sent him a Facebook message just in case.

Post Reply