Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: La donna del lago, June nominations (May 28th)

What happened to forum member x?

Post Reply
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13519
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#241

Post by Armoreska »

OldAle1 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:43 pm rbg hasn't been here in over 2 months, since the blowup over her comments on Ki-duk Kim. I don't know if that's what precipitated her departure, or it just added to long-standing feelings, or something else but :(
agreed!
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 10440
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

#242

Post by Knaldskalle »

OldAle1 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:43 pm rbg hasn't been here in over 2 months, since the blowup over her comments on Ki-duk Kim. I don't know if that's what precipitated her departure, or it just added to long-standing feelings, or something else but :(
She's still active over at SCFZ as rischka.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13519
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#243

Post by Armoreska »

Knaldskalle wrote: March 7th, 2021, 6:43 pm
OldAle1 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:43 pm rbg hasn't been here in over 2 months, since the blowup over her comments on Ki-duk Kim. I don't know if that's what precipitated her departure, or it just added to long-standing feelings, or something else but :(
She's still active over at SCFZ as rischka.
What even is SCFZ?
Sociedad Cinefili Fanatico Zapatista?
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5488
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#244

Post by Fergenaprido »

Super Champion Film Zone, I think.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13519
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#245

Post by Armoreska »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 8th, 2021, 1:58 am Super Champion Film Zone, I think.
super champion? but that's me! :ph43r:
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 4262
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

#246

Post by Lammetje »

Adam, where you at, dawg?
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12955
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#247

Post by AdamH »

Lammetje wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:46 pm Adam, where you at, dawg?
Thanks for mentioning me.

I'm not doing very well to be honest and that sometimes makes me avoid doing things I normally do. Mixture of anxiety and feeling low because of COVID stuff. I haven't been back to Scotland for 8 months (not allowed to go until restrictions relax) and I know very few people here and it is taking its toll a bit. It's the Easter holidays in schools so I'm working in an almost empty building during the week so feeling even more isolated than normal. Just not in the mood for the usual things. Thanks, though, for asking. I appreciate it.
User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 4262
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

#248

Post by Lammetje »

AdamH wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:23 pm
Lammetje wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:46 pm Adam, where you at, dawg?
Thanks for mentioning me.

I'm not doing very well to be honest and that sometimes makes me avoid doing things I normally do. Mixture of anxiety and feeling low because of COVID stuff. I haven't been back to Scotland for 8 months (not allowed to go until restrictions relax) and I know very few people here and it is taking its toll a bit. It's the Easter holidays in schools so I'm working in an almost empty building during the week so feeling even more isolated than normal. Just not in the mood for the usual things. Thanks, though, for asking. I appreciate it.
:hug:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2955
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#249

Post by Torgo »

shugs wrote: January 26th, 2021, 9:38 am Is blueboybob still around? Haven't seen anything from him in three weeks and his last post doesn't make me optimistic. :(
3 months gone since that clash now.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13519
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#250

Post by Armoreska »

Torgo wrote: April 13th, 2021, 6:31 pm
shugs wrote: January 26th, 2021, 9:38 am Is blueboybob still around? Haven't seen anything from him in three weeks and his last post doesn't make me optimistic. :(
3 months gone since that clash now.
Good for him. We all need to concentrate on the movies. Also, good to know I've added 2K (by IMDb count, based on the number snapshotted in that thread) since January despite not really watching anything at all really.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 9429
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#251

Post by xianjiro »

AdamH wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:23 pm
Lammetje wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:46 pm Adam, where you at, dawg?
Thanks for mentioning me.

I'm not doing very well to be honest and that sometimes makes me avoid doing things I normally do. Mixture of anxiety and feeling low because of COVID stuff. I haven't been back to Scotland for 8 months (not allowed to go until restrictions relax) and I know very few people here and it is taking its toll a bit. It's the Easter holidays in schools so I'm working in an almost empty building during the week so feeling even more isolated than normal. Just not in the mood for the usual things. Thanks, though, for asking. I appreciate it.
How can we help, Adam?
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12955
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#252

Post by AdamH »

xianjiro wrote: April 13th, 2021, 8:31 pm
AdamH wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:23 pm
Lammetje wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:46 pm Adam, where you at, dawg?
Thanks for mentioning me.

I'm not doing very well to be honest and that sometimes makes me avoid doing things I normally do. Mixture of anxiety and feeling low because of COVID stuff. I haven't been back to Scotland for 8 months (not allowed to go until restrictions relax) and I know very few people here and it is taking its toll a bit. It's the Easter holidays in schools so I'm working in an almost empty building during the week so feeling even more isolated than normal. Just not in the mood for the usual things. Thanks, though, for asking. I appreciate it.
How can we help, Adam?
I don't think so, thanks. It's just the isolation of being here that is getting increasingly difficult to cope with. Funny thing is that I was getting on incredibly well with my flatmates and was doing video calls with a friend from back home but then I felt down and shut down that positive stuff a bit and feel more isolated than before now.

I don't really want to say too much. I'm an admin here, not really the role of the forum to help. Just trying to battle on.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13519
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#253

Post by Armoreska »

Are you supplementing Vitamin D in winter?
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 9429
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#254

Post by xianjiro »

you know who I haven't seen posting of late?
Spoiler
Image
edit: he was on a couple days ago though
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2955
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#255

Post by Torgo »

Don't worry, will be down with us very soon for the 1998 poll results
Post Reply