Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

What happened to forum member x?

Harco
Donator

Re: What happened to forum member x?

Post by Harco » April 14th, 2020, 4:59 pm

AdamH wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 2:10 pm
154 members with 500+ posts.
...need to start spamming...
:ICM: | :letbxd:

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » April 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Well let me rephrase, i joined when it was posted on iCM. I became a user from that site

Coryn

Post by Coryn » April 14th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Still one of the newbies :)
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » April 24th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Flaiky made only one post this year (in February) and hasn't checked anything since around that time. :(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » April 24th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Lammetje wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 7:34 pm
Flaiky made only one post this year (in February) and hasn't checked anything since around that time. :(
Post from December: "I apologise for being absent and shit during this, but my head and heart just aren't with films right now...really couldn't motivate myself to get involved."

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 2:35 am

I haven't been active in the past few years, partly because of life and partly because I'm not a fan of fascism--which is oddly controversial these days and I end up getting into fruitless arguments. So..... I promise to not visit non-movie related threads. I will only talk about challenges and lists and only get into tepid disagreements about movies, actors, scripts, lighting, costumes, etc. If I make a detour into politics or anything vaguely related, please remind me to stay in my lane. (We all know this isn't going to last...)

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » June 18th, 2020, 2:58 am

AAAAAH IT'S JAY

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 3:19 am

funkybusiness wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:58 am
AAAAAH IT'S JAY
Funky! Long time no see. Hope all has been well.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » June 18th, 2020, 6:40 am

Jay Mars wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 3:19 am
funkybusiness wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:58 am
AAAAAH IT'S JAY
Funky! Long time no see. Hope all has been well.
doing just fine. hope you've been well yourself!

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » June 18th, 2020, 8:09 am

Jay Mars wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:35 am
I haven't been active in the past few years, partly because of life and partly because I'm not a fan of fascism--which is oddly controversial these days and I end up getting into fruitless arguments. So..... I promise to not visit non-movie related threads. I will only talk about challenges and lists and only get into tepid disagreements about movies, actors, scripts, lighting, costumes, etc. If I make a detour into politics or anything vaguely related, please remind me to stay in my lane. (We all know this isn't going to last...)
Great to see you Jay! I hope you stick around. Always best to avoid reading the political lounges!

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 18th, 2020, 9:29 am

Jay Mars wrote:
The Political Lounge doesn't have any fascism I think :wub: not that there's anything of substance there tho.
You can simply block Cippenham btw. tehe
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 18th, 2020, 11:39 am

Welcome back. I haven't seen a movie in months and pretty much the only place I post is in the political threads

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:39 am
Welcome back. I haven't seen a movie in months and pretty much the only place I post is in the political threads
That is one reason I haven't been visiting the threads. I wasn't really watching movies much for the past few years and without watching movies I would HAVE to spend all my time on frustrating threads. But lockdown has changed all that.

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 2:47 pm

AdamH wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:09 am
Jay Mars wrote:
Great to see you Jay! I hope you stick around. Always best to avoid reading the political lounges!
Thank you Adam. I will do my best..........

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Armoreska wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:29 am
Jay Mars wrote:
The Political Lounge doesn't have any fascism I think :wub: not that there's anything of substance there tho.
You can simply block Cippenham btw. tehe
I don't know what you mean. tehe

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » June 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm

Glad to see you, Jay! I'm not watching a lot of movies either and only look in here now and then, but I've missed you.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 4:30 pm

3eyes wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Glad to see you, Jay! I'm not watching a lot of movies either and only look in here now and then, but I've missed you.
Oh yay! I was hoping you were still active here. Glad to see you too.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 18th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Welcome back, Jay! There are plenty of off-topic threads for you to enjoy which aren't about politics (such as this one). :)

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 18th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Welcome back, Jay!
I never even opened the political lounge. Don't think I missed anything by that.
June 18th, 2020, 11:39 am
And all the music threads. I keep running into you even without reading the political lounge. ;)
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » June 18th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Jay, you stopped posting here regularly just at the moment all of us IMDb refugees arrived, early in 2017. Was it something we said? :lol:

Anyway, look forward to making your cyber-acquaintance, that is if I get back to posting a little more regularly myself, been in a dry spell for a few weeks. Unless you're an asshole of course. You're not an asshole, are you?

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » June 18th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Thank you Lammetje! I will explore the other threads.

Joachim, you are too level headed. You haven't missed a thing. But I've missed you all!
OldAle1 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 7:28 pm
You're not an asshole, are you?
Depends who you ask.
:shrug:

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech » June 19th, 2020, 12:01 am

Welcome back! I joined in April, but I know a bunch of these guys from IMDb.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 2nd, 2020, 8:54 pm

kongs_speech wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 12:01 am
And it seemed like you would stick around, but apparently not. :(
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 2nd, 2020, 8:55 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 8:54 pm
kongs_speech wrote:
Pity. He seemed really good on here.

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » August 2nd, 2020, 9:50 pm

Yeah, bummed Kong hasn't been around

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 3rd, 2020, 12:46 am

prodigalgodson wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 9:50 pm
He looks to still be active on Letterboxd, if someone with an account there wants to ping him.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 3rd, 2020, 11:40 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 12:46 am
prodigalgodson wrote:
He looks to still be active on Letterboxd, if someone with an account there wants to ping him.
I have rarely used Letterboxd but I can't see any way to send PMs? Not sure how you contact users on there.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm

AdamH wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 11:40 am
maxwelldeux wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 12:46 am
prodigalgodson wrote:
I have rarely used Letterboxd but I can't see any way to send PMs? Not sure how you contact users on there.
I think the only way you can contact someone on Letterboxd is by replying to one of their reviews or commenting on one of their lists and hope that the user regularly checks their notifications/feed.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 3rd, 2020, 12:29 pm

Jay Mars wrote:
Oh, this sums up my feelings a lot lately -- not about the forum, but society.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 3rd, 2020, 12:37 pm

Lammetje wrote:
January 15th, 2016, 8:12 am
Where did Local go? He hasn't posted for a couple of weeks.
Kasparius wrote:
February 22nd, 2016, 8:58 pm
We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi wrote:
February 28th, 2016, 4:02 am
Reading this thread is a little like sitting in the back row at your own funeral. :pinch: Thanks, guys, for your nice words there. :hug: :hug: :hug: Circumstances kept me off the site for a bit, but I didn't think people would notice a little hiatus (albeit one that became extended), but I apologize for going AWOL, as one of you put it. I'm back now and can resume my crucial duties, unless in the interim you recruited some scab ersatz Lokul Heero, who isn't the real thing but is made with artificial Local Hero flavoring. :angry:
August 6th, 2016, 6:55 am
Jay Mars :'(

And maybe Local... again (why this thread was made in the first place)
AdamH wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Local Hero :(
AdamH wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 2:10 pm
Lockdown gave me an excuse to make a list and look into this again.

154 members with 500+ posts. 115 of those members have posted this year. 39 haven't posted this year. Seems like a pretty good retention rate.

Members who haven't posted this year (ordered by post count):
Kasparius
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Rich
themagician
George Bailey
Kowry
serri
Cynical Cinephile
SkilledLunatic
Pain
Jay Mars
insomnia
ormazd
te18
CMT
Sir Plebeian
monk-time
SeanMX12
Nuclearplanet
Hunziker
jgwr
Mulholland
SanderO
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Coco LaBerge
Simba63
drbop
Life as Fiction
JCS
beeswax
afirm
Noirville
Rad82
Samlion
rohit
Prat
Bobby Peru
LarsC
karmacarroll
Quoting these because I'm addicted to nostalgia. :sweat:

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Nostalgia isn't what is used to be. :(

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » August 3rd, 2020, 1:37 pm

Lammetje wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 12:37 pm

There's a cure for that - it's called "cynicism". I tried it and liked it less than the disease unfortunately.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 3rd, 2020, 3:18 pm

AdamH wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
Nostalgia isn't what is used to be. :(
Good one. :)
OldAle1 wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 1:37 pm
Lammetje wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 12:37 pm

There's a cure for that - it's called "cynicism". I tried it and liked it less than the disease unfortunately.
tehe

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » August 7th, 2020, 1:32 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 12:29 pm
Jay Mars wrote:
Oh, this sums up my feelings a lot lately -- not about the forum, but society.
Sadly, yep me too.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 7th, 2020, 3:33 am

joachimt wrote:
kongs_speech wrote:
wonder if he's okay - he's in Florida after all - it's been six weeks since he's checked anything

has anyone sent him a PM? I get emails when a PM arrives on here, might be a good way to check in

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 8th, 2020, 9:23 pm

xianjiro wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 3:33 am
joachimt wrote:
kongs_speech wrote:
wonder if he's okay - he's in Florida after all - it's been six weeks since he's checked anything

has anyone sent him a PM? I get emails when a PM arrives on here, might be a good way to check in
I followed him on Letterboxd a couple of days ago and he followed me back so he's definitely ok. Aren't email notifications only on icheckmovies.com rather than here?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » August 9th, 2020, 3:04 am

AdamH wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 9:23 pm
xianjiro wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 3:33 am
joachimt wrote:

I followed him on Letterboxd a couple of days ago and he followed me back so he's definitely ok. Aren't email notifications only on icheckmovies.com rather than here?
when you sent me a PM some time ago, I got an email notification and that goes for every other PM I've received - if you're not getting them, then something must be turned off in your settings :shrug: and TBH, I trust the email notifications of PM will actually be placed from here a tiny bit more than iCM. I'm pretty confident I haven't received email notifications when I should have on occasion on iCM - I'd say that notification system can be a bit twitchy (and yes, I regularly check my spam folder)

If you'd prefer, I'll PM him and see what's up though I can't say I established a friendship with him - a friend contacting would be better

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here