Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 4 released May 26th)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A: Poland vs Mexico (Jun 4th), Match 2B: Tajikistan vs Italy (Jun 14th)

What happened to forum member x?

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3742
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

What happened to forum member x?

#1

Post by Lammetje » January 15th, 2016, 8:12 am

Where did Local go? He hasn't posted for a couple of weeks.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11785
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#2

Post by Armoreska » January 15th, 2016, 9:40 am

Another victim of the X?

Actually he was online 2 days ago
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31483
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#3

Post by joachimt » January 15th, 2016, 11:35 am

Speaking of losing members...

Serriform hasn't been here since October.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 8558
Joined: Dec 29, 2012
Contact:

#4

Post by Lonewolf2003 » January 17th, 2016, 2:31 am

SkilledLunatic is also a member I haven't seen around here in a long time. But just to be quite active.
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on January 17th, 2016, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31483
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#5

Post by joachimt » January 17th, 2016, 10:44 am

Lonewolf2003 on Jan 16 2016, 07:31:57 PM wrote:SkilledLunatic is also a member I haven't seen around here in a long time. But just to be quite active.
He already went offline during the first World Cup, in which he has to abandon his job as manager. He came back one day, explaining he was too busy and not watching a lot of movies anymore (or something like that), so he wasn't going to be active anymore. So at least he didn't go AWOL.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20143
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#6

Post by Pretentious Hipster » January 17th, 2016, 12:36 pm

joachimt on Jan 15 2016, 04:35:45 AM wrote:Speaking of losing members...

Serriform hasn't been here since October.
I know he's on a few other sites. He just lost interest here.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12313
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#7

Post by AdamH » January 18th, 2016, 2:06 am

It's probably kind of sad but I keep a track of who has posted (only for members with 100+ posts). Just to see how active we are/who is still posting.

You can see here who has posted this year (admins/mods don't count as they are in a separate forum members group): Link

and who hasn't: Link

There is a feature in the admin section that allows you to see who has posted in the last X number of days so it's automatic to see who has posted or not in a particular year.

Hopefully Local Hero will be back posting again soon. Serriform seemed a bit different to me in recent posts so I wasn't too surprised that he disappeared from here (or went on a break). I personally miss members like Pain, SkilledLunatic, lampa, Jeroeno, George Bailey etc. although I think the majority of the regulars have all contributed something over the years so it's nice when people return here.

I haven't really been posting much (and I've watched close to zero films in the last six months) but I've been busy with other stuff and I still check the forum daily.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10816
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#8

Post by funkybusiness » January 18th, 2016, 3:51 am

Pain D; even changed his name.

I think edit: serriform [lowercase] got a lady or somethin. what. don't look at me like I'm some weirdo who googles people.
Last edited by funkybusiness on January 18th, 2016, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7110
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#9

Post by Gershwin » January 19th, 2016, 1:20 pm

funkybusiness on Jan 17 2016, 08:51:50 PM wrote:(...)

I think edit: serriform [lowercase] got a lady or somethin. what. don't look at me like I'm some weirdo who googles people.
Nah, he has been involved with someone for years. I don't think that would change his forum behaviour. Guess he's just been bussey.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30468
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#10

Post by mightysparks » January 19th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Gershwin on Jan 19 2016, 06:20:19 AM wrote:
funkybusiness on Jan 17 2016, 08:51:50 PM wrote:(...)

I think edit: serriform [lowercase] got a lady or somethin. what. don't look at me like I'm some weirdo who googles people.
Nah, he has been involved with someone for years. I don't think that would change his forum behaviour. Guess he's just been bussey.
That pun makes me sad.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12313
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#11

Post by AdamH » February 9th, 2016, 7:10 am

Quite a few regulars seem to have largely disappeared by this point. Especially:

Local Hero
burneyfan
George Bailey
serriform
Pain
lampadatriste
SkilledLunatic
3rd
insomnia
ormazd
Sir Plebeian
CMT
SeanMX12
Nuclearplanet
jgwr

Pretty surprised and disappointed that Local Hero seems to have suddenly vanished from the forum. :( Burney has barely posted on the forum for months either.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10816
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#12

Post by funkybusiness » February 9th, 2016, 7:17 am

maybe there's a magic spell to bring him back. what was that line from the movie? MARINA MARINA~~

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12313
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#13

Post by AdamH » February 9th, 2016, 7:19 am

Has anyone actually heard from him at all? He's been a regular all of the time since the forum started and seems to have randomly stopped posting completely this year. Seems very abrupt. I sent him a message on iCM a while ago but he never read it. He's still checking on iCM.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3742
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#14

Post by Lammetje » February 22nd, 2016, 7:36 pm

AdamH on Feb 9 2016, 12:19:37 AM wrote:Has anyone actually heard from him at all? He's been a regular all of the time since the forum started and seems to have randomly stopped posting completely this year. Seems very abrupt. I sent him a message on iCM a while ago but he never read it. He's still checking on iCM.
I sent him a message too, but he didn't read mine either. However, I remember him complaining about his inbox getting full all the time. Could it be that the messages just keep piling up and he doesn't check them anymore, assuming that they're top list updates, awards updates etc.?
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#15

Post by Kasparius » February 22nd, 2016, 8:13 pm

joachimt on Jan 15 2016, 04:35:45 AM wrote:Speaking of losing members...

Serriform hasn't been here since October.
He's like the Joker, he can't live without his nemesis, Batman (Local Hero)

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2856
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#16

Post by metaller » February 22nd, 2016, 8:15 pm

Serriform stepped down his internet and film time a bit. He still occasionally posts on another forum we attend.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#17

Post by Kasparius » February 22nd, 2016, 8:16 pm

Local and Burney are fine, by the way.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3742
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#18

Post by Lammetje » February 22nd, 2016, 8:30 pm

Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 01:16:06 PM wrote:Local and Burney are fine, by the way.
:)
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20143
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#19

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 22nd, 2016, 8:50 pm

Yea I assumed they were fine. I'm guessing burney just lost interest here, and probably the same with local too. Shame because they were some of my favourite members, but whatever, nothing you can do.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#20

Post by Kasparius » February 22nd, 2016, 8:58 pm

We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10816
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#21

Post by funkybusiness » February 22nd, 2016, 9:27 pm

Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 01:58:29 PM wrote:We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.
see my recently posted jif in the off topic lounge.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#22

Post by Kasparius » February 22nd, 2016, 9:59 pm

funkybusiness on Feb 22 2016, 02:27:48 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 01:58:29 PM wrote:We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.
see my recently posted jif in the off topic lounge.
Well this thread is called whatever happened to Member X. I think Monty's lil mom knows...

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#23

Post by 3eyes » February 22nd, 2016, 11:47 pm

Ettinauer226XL on Feb 22 2016, 01:50:54 PM wrote:Yea I assumed they were fine. I'm guessing burney just lost interest here, and probably the same with local too. Shame because they were some of my favourite members, but whatever, nothing you can do.
I guess the Philadelphia meetup after Thanksgiving was just too much for them. Now that they've seen Birds of a Feather Gather no Moss, where else is there to go?
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

User avatar
HVM
Posts: 3699
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
Location: Republic of Czechia
Contact:

#24

Post by HVM » February 23rd, 2016, 12:32 am

3eyes on Feb 22 2016, 04:47:02 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Feb 22 2016, 01:50:54 PM wrote:Yea I assumed they were fine. I'm guessing burney just lost interest here, and probably the same with local too. Shame because they were some of my favourite members, but whatever, nothing you can do.
I guess the Philadelphia meetup after Thanksgiving was just too much for them. Now that they've seen Birds of a Feather Gather no Moss, where else is there to go?
In other words you've ruined them for the forum, right, 3eyes? :(
1918 - 100 - 2018

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#25

Post by 3eyes » February 23rd, 2016, 5:42 am

HVM on Feb 22 2016, 05:32:34 PM wrote:
3eyes on Feb 22 2016, 04:47:02 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Feb 22 2016, 01:50:54 PM wrote:Yea I assumed they were fine. I'm guessing burney just lost interest here, and probably the same with local too. Shame because they were some of my favourite members, but whatever, nothing you can do.
I guess the Philadelphia meetup after Thanksgiving was just too much for them. Now that they've seen Birds of a Feather Gather no Moss, where else is there to go?
In other words you've ruined them for the forum, right, 3eyes? :(
Yup, first I got together with Burney in April 2014.... Maybe it was my son's Aldophus Mekas stories that time....
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#26

Post by Kasparius » February 23rd, 2016, 5:50 am

3eyes on Feb 22 2016, 10:42:53 PM wrote:
HVM on Feb 22 2016, 05:32:34 PM wrote:
3eyes on Feb 22 2016, 04:47:02 PM wrote:I guess the Philadelphia meetup after Thanksgiving was just too much for them. Now that they've seen Birds of a Feather Gather no Moss, where else is there to go?
In other words you've ruined them for the forum, right, 3eyes? :(
Yup, first I got together with Burney in April 2014.... Maybe it was my son's Aldophus Mekas stories that time....
I told her Jonas Mekas stories, maybe it was all a bit much.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 20143
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#27

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 23rd, 2016, 6:46 am

Do you tell the Jonas Mekas stories to every cinephile you meet
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#28

Post by Kasparius » February 23rd, 2016, 3:49 pm

Ettinauer226XL on Feb 22 2016, 11:46:31 PM wrote:Do you tell the Jonas Mekas stories to every cinephile you meet
Most "cinephiles" don't know who he is, so no.

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 6321
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#29

Post by sebby » February 23rd, 2016, 5:43 pm

Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 01:58:29 PM wrote:We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.
I already feel my blood pressure rising.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#30

Post by Kasparius » February 23rd, 2016, 7:14 pm

sebby on Feb 23 2016, 10:43:40 AM wrote:
Kasparius on Feb 22 2016, 01:58:29 PM wrote:We could use a good three way Local & Sebby vs Serriform in the Political lounge right now.
I already feel my blood pressure rising.
It's all for the greater good.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#31

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » February 28th, 2016, 4:02 am

Reading this thread is a little like sitting in the back row at your own funeral. :pinch: Thanks, guys, for your nice words there. :hug: :hug: :hug: Circumstances kept me off the site for a bit, but I didn't think people would notice a little hiatus (albeit one that became extended), but I apologize for going AWOL, as one of you put it. I'm back now and can resume my crucial duties, unless in the interim you recruited some scab ersatz Lokul Heero, who isn't the real thing but is made with artificial Local Hero flavoring. :angry:

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30468
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#32

Post by mightysparks » February 28th, 2016, 4:13 am

:party:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Lilarcor
Donator
Posts: 2886
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Contact:

#33

Post by Lilarcor » February 28th, 2016, 4:32 am

(l)

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6957
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#34

Post by 3eyes » February 28th, 2016, 4:34 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10816
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#35

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2016, 5:53 am

yayy~~

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31483
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#36

Post by joachimt » February 28th, 2016, 8:42 am

Hooray! :party:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9779
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#37

Post by Knaldskalle » February 28th, 2016, 9:26 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 27 2016, 09:02:45 PM wrote:Reading this thread is a little like sitting in the back row at your own funeral. :pinch: Thanks, guys, for your nice words there. :hug: :hug: :hug: Circumstances kept me off the site for a bit, but I didn't think people would notice a little hiatus (albeit one that became extended), but I apologize for going AWOL, as one of you put it. I'm back now and can resume my crucial duties, unless in the interim you recruited some scab ersatz Lokul Heero, who isn't the real thing but is made with artificial Local Hero flavoring. :angry:
Ew, don't remind me. I accidentally bought some coffee last month that had artificial flavoring (small print, totally missed it). Hazelnut so it could've been worse, but blech!
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3742
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#38

Post by Lammetje » February 28th, 2016, 10:49 am

:banana:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10816
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#39

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2016, 10:54 am

Lammetje's signature on wrote:
Kowry
Thanks, Art Garfunky.
yeah I liked that one too.


Post Reply