Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 9 released July 7th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th), 0 Official Lists (Jul 31st)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Picture of Light, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th), Match 2F: Germany vs Iran (Jul 26th)

Christmas Cheer Thread

RBG

Christmas Cheer Thread

Post by RBG » December 24th, 2017, 11:48 pm

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

RBG

Post by RBG » December 24th, 2017, 11:51 pm

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » December 24th, 2017, 11:52 pm

Probably the most popular Christmas song in Britain (my favourite as well):

Last edited by AdamH on December 24th, 2017, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talking Images, the iCM forum podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/3GhRXnb6OzOnfae2Uvkvus

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 12:13 am

AdamH on Dec 24 2017, 04:52:33 PM wrote:Probably the most popular Christmas song in Britain (my favourite as well):
believe it or not, :blink: it was quite popular in Japan in the mid 90s when I lived there
Last edited by xianjiro on December 25th, 2017, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 12:15 am

since we're sharing our favesShow

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 12:21 am

two versions of my other fave songShow
okay, neither are the best, but they're the best I can find in the style I was looking for

sol can find me here

RBG

Post by RBG » December 25th, 2017, 1:13 am

cheers guys

Last edited by RBG on December 25th, 2017, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

albajos

Post by albajos » December 25th, 2017, 1:29 am

Ho ho ho

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 5:40 am

just watched The Garden of Words and the theme music reminded me a bit of this
Mr Lawrence's Merry ChristmasShow
confessionShow
If you've seen the movie, you know this isn't particularly festive, but the music is so damn good.

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 25th, 2017, 5:58 am

Merry Christmas DOMINOS!!!!Show
:thumbsup: :smiliz19:

sol can find me here

RBG

Post by RBG » December 25th, 2017, 5:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUPn5I ... JeNJOV9p2A

norwegian railroad engineer livecams for all your snow needs :smiliz19: which i'm enjoying here in the southwest

Last edited by RBG on December 25th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

albajos

Post by albajos » December 25th, 2017, 7:38 pm

Well, talking about slow TV: This year we had a 6 hour broadcast of a christmas dinner in the oven. With temperature changes stats and countdown.

RBG

Post by RBG » December 25th, 2017, 8:23 pm

LOL you guys are the kings of slow tv. loving the trains
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » December 25th, 2017, 10:10 pm

merry christmas everybody.

now back to basketball for the next 10 hours.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » December 25th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Roasting chestnuts and listening to this as I write

I should've been born in 1900...
Here's to the fools who dream.

RBG

Post by RBG » December 26th, 2017, 1:17 am

how does one roast chestnuts, i thought those trees were wiped out years ago. oh i see they are imported from europe and china now
Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
People are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again. I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

7:56 PM - Dec 24, 2017
he's ruined it forever :yucky:
Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday season!

9:26 AM - Dec 23, 2010
:lol:
Last edited by RBG on December 26th, 2017, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » December 26th, 2017, 1:24 am

RBG on Dec 25 2017, 06:17:26 PM wrote:how does one roast chestnuts, i thought those trees were wiped out years ago
Only the American ones, they still thrive in Italy, China and Japan among other places. Most chestnuts you find in supermarkets here in the midwest are Italian. There are some surviving chestnut groves yet, including one not too far from where I live, but they haven't apparently quite figured out how to re-introduce them and keep them healthy. Same issue with the American elm though it wasn't wiped out nearly as completely as the chestnut.

What you have to do is put a slit or cross in the shell, then you boil, roast or boil-and-roast, which is what I did. I put them in water, got it up to a simmer, then put 'em on a cookie sheet and hit them in the oven for 20 minutes at 425. Then the shells start coming off and you can peel them. They're pretty awesome, sweeter than most nuts, kind of "bready" (and chestnut flour is used for bread-baking sometimes, used to be common in some parts of the US before the chestnut blight); I'm using them with wild rice in a stuffing for a duck.
Here's to the fools who dream.

RBG

Post by RBG » December 26th, 2017, 1:30 am

oooh sounds fancy. i'm having shrimp and fries. gonna watch the new blade runner. cheers!
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

RBG

Post by RBG » December 26th, 2017, 6:56 pm

dog nativity scene
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 26th, 2017, 7:39 pm

RBG on Dec 26 2017, 11:56:36 AM wrote:Image

dog nativity scene
talk about a Christmas miracle! Bitch only had a single pup instead of the more usual 12 pack :huh:

still, damn cute! wonder how they got everyone to sit so long? I don't think my dogs have ever been so cooperative with my camera

sol can find me here

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 23rd, 2018, 11:53 am

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » December 23rd, 2018, 2:05 pm

We've been enjoying our new grandson - now going on 3 months. We've seen him on Facetime on the IPad our kids gave us, but this is his first meeting. He smiles when I sing to him - only person in the family who does. He's much more laid back than his sister (6), who is prone to screaming fits when her execution of a drawing fails to measure up to her artistic vision. Fortunately my daughter can talk to her artist-to-artist and they're spending a lot of time together.

We weren't expecting them this year and had like 4 days notice that they were coming after all (I had had their presents sent to their house) and I'm not feeling very well, but they're staying at a nearby b&b and we're glad to see them. We managed to find a small tabletop tree and a reasonable facsimile of ingredients for our traditional Norwegian Christmas eve dinner -- collard greens, fatback, chitlins etc. Yesterday I made julekake, which we'll have for breakfast this morning when they get here.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 24th, 2018, 4:26 pm

AdamH wrote:
December 24th, 2017, 11:52 pm
Probably the most popular Christmas song in Britain (my favourite as well):

This song entered the Dutch Radio 2 Top 2000 this year for the first time in it's 19-year history. :)

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 24th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Merry Christmas y'all! Image

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » December 24th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Merry Christmas!

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » December 26th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Content but exhausted after 3 days going with the flow of offspring-and-grandkids circus. I did most of the cooking to prevent them from landing us with a fridge full of takeout leftovers. Slept 12 hours last night.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 26th, 2019, 6:18 pm

3eyes wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 6:13 pm
Content but exhausted after 3 days going with the flow of offspring-and-grandkids circus. I did most of the cooking to prevent them from landing us with a fridge full of takeout leftovers. Slept 12 hours last night.
Haha! I like doing the same thing - cook to control the situation a tad. But glad you got a chance to rest and recover!