Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Akage, June nominations (May 28th)

Drugs - good times?

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge »

Weed can relax and may help with some anxiety for some people but for others it can worsen it, the paranoid weed-head is a cliché. Medical pot should be allowed where needed and really it should be legalised in general, but it's definitely not benign. It can worsen mental health issues for some people, and can induce psychosis in those with a predisposition towards it.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Ettinauer226XL on Aug 19 2016, 11:37:57 AM wrote:
monty on Aug 19 2016, 06:38:00 AM wrote:Confronting your fears is the best way of overcoming them. Running away - doing weed - is the best way of keeping your fears alive.
People can be prescribed medicinal marijuana for anxiety. If they legitimately have anxiety issues, telling them to "confront their fears" is like telling a person with depression to "lighten up"

And if someone says that prescribing that drug is ludicrous, keep in mind that hospitals give out fucking morphine, which is one of the strongest drugs. I knew someone in high school that was given morphine in the hospital during treatment, and then when cured had to go to rehab for a morphine addiction.
even better - "It's all in your head." :blink:
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

:D

Fun thread.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

mightysparks on Aug 19 2016, 06:25:55 AM wrote:Talking to people makes me more anxious lol.
mightysparks on Aug 19 2016, 06:48:39 AM wrote:Not running away, it's helping me overcome my fears.
Maybe the solution is to smoke some weed and then go see a therapist while high?
RBG

Post by RBG »

PeacefulAnarchy on Sep 8 2016, 12:32:12 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Aug 19 2016, 06:25:55 AM wrote:Talking to people makes me more anxious lol.
mightysparks on Aug 19 2016, 06:48:39 AM wrote:Not running away, it's helping me overcome my fears.
Maybe the solution is to smoke some weed and then go see a therapist while high?
ahahaha i used to do this regularly :lol:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I'm not sure how serious this advice was, but not all clinics are the same. I've seen policies that refuse service to clients who are visibly under the influence until they return sober. While they understand patients will self-medicate, they may hide behind policies or insurance saying they can't treat patients under the influence.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Quitting pills is this easy!

My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
monty

Post by monty »

Better stay off the weed, guys...

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

I don't think you should listen to a doctor that says that something will get in your way of your "spiritual self" and deals with whatever the fuck he said (something energy).

What's next? Weed causes you to have liver fire which you can tell by checking one's pulse and the smoothness of their tongue?

There are a few comments there saying that doing weed every day is bad for you, and well, no shit. So is getting shit faced on alcohol every day.
monty

Post by monty »

I think you need to see this also, Art. Time to go back to beer?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Lol you are aware that the only thing this has in common with regular weed is that they both interact with the same cell receptors? It's dried herbs laced with a shitton of chemicals, is addictive and causes overdose.

It's like comparing beer to absinthe, or more accurately (but I'll never take both) heroin and krokodil.

Chemical drugs are scary, mainly due to the fact that there are plenty of fakes out there which are a lot more addictive and dangerous. I'd love to do some acid one day, maybe some molly, but there's no way I'm trying them until I have access to a test kit so that I'll know what I'm taking.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on October 29th, 2016, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
monty

Post by monty »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 06:15:32 PM wrote:... (but I'll never take both) heroin and krokodil.

... I'd love to do some acid one day, maybe some molly, but there's no way I'm trying them until I have access to a test kit so that I'll know what I'm taking.
So you are actually considering doing one of those? Sounds scary to me. And why do you feel a need to try acid? I'm sure your inherent awesomeness need no chemical augmenting...

Methinks this vid will get you on the straight and narrow again:

RBG

Post by RBG »

lol. i quit weed long ago but it's on the ballot here and if it passes i may try it again
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

monty on Oct 28 2016, 06:29:01 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 06:15:32 PM wrote:... (but I'll never take both) heroin and krokodil.

... I'd love to do some acid one day, maybe some molly, but there's no way I'm trying them until I have access to a test kit so that I'll know what I'm taking.
So you are actually considering doing one of those? Sounds scary to me. And why do you feel a need to try acid? I'm sure your inherent awesomeness need no chemical augmenting...
I'm not gonna do heroin nor krokodil. What's so scary about trying stuff that's slightly heavier like acid or molly? They're still lighter than alcohol imo (hell I'll show you a video proving it if you want. For every "drugs sucks" kind of video on Youtube I can find the opposite). I am a bit skeptical about molly mainly because it makes you so happy that it uses up all the serotonin in your brain. It literally uses up all your happiness and you feel like absolute shit for a few days.

I would still love to do acid. I've done psychedelics for the first time a few weeks ago, and even with a semi-bad trip it was one of the best decisions I've made in a very long time. I will do it again when I'm in a better place in my life.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on October 29th, 2016, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

monty on Oct 28 2016, 06:09:08 PM wrote:I think you need to see this also, Art. Time to go back to beer?
Lol, you're stupid. If you think smoking weed is the same as smoking synthetics, you should educate yourself a bit before trying to lecture someone who obviously has done more research than you on this.

And I quit that 60 reasons to quit weed-video after about 70 seconds. Doesn't seem as the most reliable source if you ask me..
Last edited by Nopros on October 29th, 2016, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 06:40:43 PM wrote:It literally uses up all your happiness and you feel like absolute shit for a few days.
Not necessarily, take safe amounts and you'll be good. Some supplements can really helpe as well. Have fun, Art. ;)

http://www.rollsafe.org/
Last edited by Nopros on October 29th, 2016, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Do you use testing kits beforehand? I don't wanna take Mephedrone, Methylone or something instead.

Monty, watch this. He takes "ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY" doses of both drugs and shows the differences between them

monty

Post by monty »

Please explain why doing acid is such a life affirming decision to you? I'd consider it quite the opposite...

Also, why risk a lower sperm count?
monty

Post by monty »

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 06:56:18 PM wrote:
monty on Oct 28 2016, 06:09:08 PM wrote:I think you need to see this also, Art. Time to go back to beer?
Lol, you're stupid. If you think smoking weed is the same as smoking synthetics, you should educate yourself a bit before trying to lecture someone who obviously has done more research than you on this.

And I quit that 60 reasons to quit weed-video after about 70 seconds. Doesn't seem as the most reliable source if you ask me..
Obviously, synthetics are worse but one thing generally leads to another - it's a slippery slope indeed...
Also, you really should watch the whole of that "60 reasons to stop" vid - I think it'll make you reconsider stuff...
Last edited by monty on October 29th, 2016, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:05:09 PM wrote:Please explain why doing acid is such a life affirming decision to you? I'd consider it quite the opposite...
Let me tell you the result of doing psychedelics for the first time: A small chunk of my OCD is now gone. I can finally eat like a normal human being. Whenever I'm outside, I kept analyzing every single movement. I realized that I would come across as a creep mainly because I was trying so hard to not come across as a creep. That is now all gone. I might finally have 2 new friends in the near future. I've asked more men out and had a date yesterday (he really liked me, unfortunately I wasn't physically attracted to him), and hopefully another date coming up soon. I was more motivated for my job interview, and I have the second interview coming up in the near future. I had an EXTREMELY negative attitude in life, like there's no point in living and if live is still this pointless in a decade or so I'll kill myself. Although I wouldn't consider myself happy yet, I saw how toxic it is and realized that it needs to change (hence the motivation for finding a new job and dating).
monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:05:09 PM wrote:Also, why risk a lower sperm count?
I'm gay. Why should I care about my sperm count?
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:04:32 PM wrote:Do you use testing kits beforehand? I don't wanna take Mephedrone, Methylone or something instead.
Not everytime, unfortunately. If I was in the US tho, I would. Seems like you got more of the fake than the good shit.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

was gunna watch monty's vids, but ...

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:08:41 PM wrote:Obviously, synthetics are worse but one thing generally leads to another - it's a slippery slope indeed...
Also, you really should watch the whole of that "60 reasons to stop" vid - I think it'll make you reconsider stuff...
One thing leads to another? What kind of 60s mind do you possess? Gateway theory was dismissed a long time ago, you dont need to go ahead and smoke synthetics just because you like smoking weed. Just as much as every weed smoker doesn't end up using heroin.

I stopped smoking weed over two years ago, so no thank you.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 07:11:21 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:04:32 PM wrote:Do you use testing kits beforehand? I don't wanna take Mephedrone, Methylone or something instead.
Not everytime, unfortunately. If I was in the US tho, I would. Seems like you got more of the fake than the good shit.
Well I am in Canada but it is similar. I can order a drug test kit online but that seems way too sketchy, plus unfortunately I still live at home, so it's not the easiest to get that package stealthfully.

Thanks to Harper, Molly is now a Schedule 1 drug too... so that's like cops are actually looking for it bad. The reason, which to be fair is a good one, is that they are considered as a date rape drug.

But, notice how the biggest date rape drug is still legal. I'm not talking shit about alcohol, it just absolutely boggles my mind as to how out of all the drugs, that one is the legal one.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:11:04 PM wrote:
monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:05:09 PM wrote:Please explain why doing acid is such a life affirming decision to you? I'd consider it quite the opposite...
Let me tell you the result of doing psychedelics for the first time: A small chunk of my OCD is now gone. I can finally eat like a normal human being. Whenever I'm outside, I kept analyzing every single movement. I realized that I would come across as a creep mainly because I was trying so hard to not come across as a creep. That is now all gone. I might finally have 2 new friends in the near future. I've asked more men out and had a date yesterday (he really liked me, unfortunately I wasn't physically attracted to him), and hopefully another date coming up soon. I was more motivated for my job interview, and I have the second interview coming up in the near future. I had an EXTREMELY negative attitude in life, like there's no point in living and if live is still this pointless in a decade or so I'll kill myself. Although I wouldn't consider myself happy yet, I saw how toxic it is and realized that it needs to change (hence the motivation for finding a new job and dating).
:thumbsup:
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

xianjiro on Oct 28 2016, 07:14:12 PM wrote:was gunna watch monty's vids, but ...

monty

Post by monty »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:11:04 PM wrote:
Well, that's interesting to hear. I'm glad for you having such a positive experience but how can you be sure that the same effect could not have been achieved through therapy? Also, how lasting is the effect of a single drug induced experience? Will you have to keep doing it to get that effect? Will you eventually have to up the dosage to get the same effect? How safe is such messing with your brain chemistry?

Also, as for sperm count, I would imagine it to be important also to gays as you someday might want to have kids ( womb-for-hire).
And listen to what this former user has to say about the effects on the penis in general, starting @ 3:23
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:15:47 PM wrote:Well I am in Canada but it is similar. I can order a drug test kit online but that seems way too sketchy, plus unfortunately I still live at home, so it's not the easiest to get that package stealthfully.
Oh, my bad. I do remember you're from Canada now that you tell me. :D I don't know about the laws in Canada but seems weird a test kit is illegal? It's legal in Norway. If you have some friends that don't live at home you could always get it sent to them, if they're ok about it. I highly reccomend using a test kit.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Ok, I'm not gonna bother discussing with Monty anymore. I suggest you go look at some more professional research about the subject than people posting videos about their experience on youtube.
Last edited by Nopros on October 29th, 2016, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 07:17:17 PM wrote:
xianjiro on Oct 28 2016, 07:14:12 PM wrote:was gunna watch monty's vids, but ...
controversial music vids
controversial music vids

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 07:23:49 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:15:47 PM wrote:Well I am in Canada but it is similar. I can order a drug test kit online but that seems way too sketchy, plus unfortunately I still live at home, so it's not the easiest to get that package stealthfully.
Oh, my bad. I do remember you're from Canada now that you tell me. :D I don't know about the laws in Canada but seems weird a test kit is illegal? It's legal in Norway. If you have some friends that don't live at home you could always get it sent to them, if they're ok about it. I highly reccomend using a test kit.
It is legal here. I guess I'll just wait till I move out. It will be soon if I get this other job.
monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:23:40 PM wrote:Well, that's interesting to hear. I'm glad for you having such a positive experience but how can you be sure that the same effect could not have been achieved through therapy? Also, how lasting is the effect of a single drug induced experience? Will you have to keep doing it to get that effect? Will you eventually have to up the dosage to get the same effect? How safe is such messing with your brain chemistry?

Also, as for sperm count, I would imagine it to be important also to gays as you someday might want to have kids ( womb-for-hire).
And listen to what this former user has to say about the effects on the penis in general, starting @ 3:23
It can be achieved through therapy. But I've spent a fraction of the amount and it was from a trip that only lasted a few hours (felt a hell of a lot longer than that though). I don't think there's a lasting effect from it, because this was after having a lot of introspection because of the trip, not from the trip itself. However I've done research on it and shrooms do decrease anxiety and even cures OCD, and it usually lasts for around 6 months. It amplified my state of mind and pounded me to death with it. There's no way to get addicted to it as well, and it stays in your body for 2 weeks, and if you wanna trip again during then the dose has to be double the amount (ie 4 grams for a 2 gram trip).

I've looked it up and it looks like there's not really any changes in tolerance levels, probably because it's only something people once every few weeks/months. I'm assuming it's safe for my brain chemistry. I was worried because I do have a family history of mental illness, but it looks like I'm a-ok right now. The only risk I can think of over than the one I just mentioned is that there are very rare cases of suicide during the trip.

As for kids, can you REALLY see me having kids? Sure, the penis thing could be fucked up, but like from the videos before, that's probably the result of doing it every day. I just do weed once a week or so. Plus so far in my life it's kind of useless for me tbh :P

EDIT: Only negative thing about that trip was that I was extremely tired afterwards and for the next 2 days. It just drained me.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on October 29th, 2016, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:36:04 PM wrote:I've looked it up and it looks like there's not really any changes in tolerance levels, probably because it's only something people once every few weeks/months. I'm assuming it's safe for my brain chemistry. I was worried because I do have a family history of mental illness, but it looks like I'm a-ok right now. The only risk I can think of over than the one I just mentioned is that there are very rare cases of suicide during the trip.

As long as you don't eat shrooms every 4-5 days or more often you don't need to worry about tolerance.

If you do have a family history of mental illness I would be careful with taking psychedelics, at least have a good friend as a trip sitter with you when you take it. :) I have never heard of anyone commiting suicide while tripping.
Last edited by Nopros on October 29th, 2016, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

Legalize everyting.
Last edited by Nopros on October 29th, 2016, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 07:45:39 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:36:04 PM wrote:I've looked it up and it looks like there's not really any changes in tolerance levels, probably because it's only something people once every few weeks/months. I'm assuming it's safe for my brain chemistry. I was worried because I do have a family history of mental illness, but it looks like I'm a-ok right now. The only risk I can think of over than the one I just mentioned is that there are very rare cases of suicide during the trip.

As long as you don't eat shrooms every 4-5 days or more often you don't need to worry about tolerance.

If you do have a family history of mental illness I would be careful with taking psychedelics, at least have a good friend as a trip sitter with you when you take it. :) I have never heard of anyone commiting suicide while tripping.
I did it with a trip sitter and a semi-small dose (2g) :) the problem with the mental illness is that I dunno if it's schizophrenia or really heavy bi-polar, and one has an effect on psychedelics. I've been talking to my brother who had psychosis and taking drugs every day was just one of the reasons why he had it, definitely not the sole reason. He went back to taking a lot of weed now and he's perfectly fine.

It will definitely be a once every few months kind of thing for me, especially because the comedown makes you so tired, and I can't really afford having that now.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

If my brother had a psychosis I would not consider taking psychedelics at all. But it seems at least you're doing some research and not just taking anything you come across, that's good to hear. Stay safe!
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 08:04:20 PM wrote:If my brother had a psychosis I would not consider taking psychedelics at all. But it seems at least you're doing some research and not just taking anything you come across, that's good to hear. Stay safe!
That was what stopped me from taking anything before. But after his psychosis was gone we've been trying to figure out the cause of it, and the therapist said too that it wasn't solely because of the drugs. The drugs was more a response of what was going on. The psychosis was mainly due to an emotionally abusive relationship. Still, taking it every day wasn't the smart move obviously, especially because it was his way to cope with what was going on, and he ended up abusing that.

After hearing that and seeing him take drugs when he was in a better state of mind without anything happening to him, it convinced me to try the psychedelics. Still happy that I've done so.
monty

Post by monty »

Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 08:04:20 PM wrote:Stay safe!
On this we agree. As regards the rest, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros »

monty on Oct 28 2016, 08:22:41 PM wrote:
Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 08:04:20 PM wrote:Stay safe!
On this we agree. As regards the rest, we'll have to agree to disagree.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 28 2016, 07:36:04 PM wrote:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Nopros on Oct 28 2016, 07:23:49 PM wrote:
It is legal here. I guess I'll just wait till I move out. It will be soon if I get this other job.
monty on Oct 28 2016, 07:23:40 PM wrote:Well, that's interesting to hear. I'm glad for you having such a positive experience but how can you be sure that the same effect could not have been achieved through therapy? Also, how lasting is the effect of a single drug induced experience? Will you have to keep doing it to get that effect? Will you eventually have to up the dosage to get the same effect? How safe is such messing with your brain chemistry?

It can be achieved through therapy. But I've spent a fraction of the amount and it was from a trip that only lasted a few hours (felt a hell of a lot longer than that though). I don't think there's a lasting effect from it, because this was after having a lot of introspection because of the trip, not from the trip itself. However I've done research on it and shrooms do decrease anxiety and even cures OCD, and it usually lasts for around 6 months. It amplified my state of mind and pounded me to death with it. There's no way to get addicted to it as well, and it stays in your body for 2 weeks, and if you wanna trip again during then the dose has to be double the amount (ie 4 grams for a 2 gram trip).

I've looked it up and it looks like there's not really any changes in tolerance levels, probably because it's only something people once every few weeks/months. I'm assuming it's safe for my brain chemistry. I was worried because I do have a family history of mental illness, but it looks like I'm a-ok right now. The only risk I can think of over than the one I just mentioned is that there are very rare cases of suicide during the trip.

As for kids, can you REALLY see me having kids?
Sure, the penis thing could be fucked up, but like from the videos before, that's probably the result of doing it every day. I just do weed once a week or so. Plus so far in my life it's kind of useless for me tbh :P

EDIT: Only negative thing about that trip was that I was extremely tired afterwards and for the next 2 days. It just drained me.
there's this new thing called masturbation

I hear all the cool kids are doing it

you might wanna give it a go