Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1933 (Results), 1970s (May 29th), Essential Cinema (Jun 30th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Man Without a Star, June nominations (May 28th)

Drugs - good times?

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen »

flaiky wrote: October 6th, 2018, 8:08 pm
Hunziker wrote: October 5th, 2018, 7:22 am Thoughts on acid? Have you tried it? I dropped some for the first time a couple of years ago and I've had five trips since then, though I think I didn't "get" what it was all about till the third time.
Took it once, at a music festival. It was quite fun but that wasn't the best setting and it went on waaay too long. I remember it being almost exactly the same as taking mushrooms, just lasting 3x longer, and I took shrooms numerous times when I was 16-18ish. Though to be honest I enjoyed the experience less with each time rather than the opposite (maybe because I started taking larger amounts and it got a bit too weird). But I did have a really amazing, incredibly fun trip once that was absolutely revelatory to my mindset at the time. Among other things I genuinely decided I didn't need God anymore (I was never strongly devout, but did believe up to age 16) and became an atheist. Such a cliche, but completely true!
with acid the way to go is to do it at noon or before
if it seems to go way too long a little nitrous oxide (legal) would help and bezos too in a different way, they kind of lessen the trip besides calming
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Wow at these numbers, especially Nova Scotia https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada ... 4.amp.html
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... -in-ottawa

How impatient can some people be geez
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 2:56 am https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... -in-ottawa

I mean, I have to ask... have you been enjoying your newfound freedoms?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I'm fairly fond of something called Durban Poison, but then again, I don't smoke more than once a week. I'm more interested in edibles and made my own tincture last year. Planning on doing it again, but like to pair it up with curry night since it's still pretty smelly.

And welcome to civilization, Canada!
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

maxwelldeux wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 5:36 am
XxXApathy420XxX wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 2:56 am https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... -in-ottawa

I haven't received mine yet, but I can wait.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

oh, after my earlier post, I thought about one strain I offer a caution on: Timewreck. As the name implies ... For me it was less about making time strange and more about making everything seem like it had already happened before. I understand this isn't an abnormal occurrence with weed, but when you're trying to watch a film and saying the entire time "I know I've seen this" when you know you haven't, it can be a bit frustrating.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Neither of the strains you've mentioned are for sale right now, but they said that the amount will double in the next while.

I ordered Blue Dream and Blueberry Kush. Apparently both are strong as hell, so I'll only take a hit or 2. 3.5 grams each of those with only those few hits should be enough to last a while.
nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 2:19 pm
maxwelldeux wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 5:36 am

I haven't received mine yet, but I can wait.
when i was addicted to weed or alcohol my patience was veeery low
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 5:14 pm Neither of the strains you've mentioned are for sale right now, but they said that the amount will double in the next while.

I ordered Blue Dream and Blueberry Kush. Apparently both are strong as hell, so I'll only take a hit or 2. 3.5 grams each of those with only those few hits should be enough to last a while.
so, given how little I smoke, you can imagine I don't shop for it that often, but each time I do, there's who new crop to choose from.

Can't say I've found a lot of difference between the different ones I have tried - well, other than THC and CBD content and a bit of aroma. I've given up on wine-like descriptions and look at the percentages to make my choice (depending on what I want though I don't often buy for CBD, haven't found it all that useful).
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 9:39 pm https://www.narcity.com/ca/ab/edmonton/ ... ZWitvkDtrw

Now this is just ridiculous
:lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Isn't there a sign somewhere on the BC border with Washington that says, "Welcome to Washington: If you lived here you'd already be stoned by now." :P
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Wow legal weed is so much stronger. A lot smoother on top of that as well. I only had some minor burning feelings in my chest when the hits were big. No coughing at all either. Just 4 hits was enough to fuck me up.
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: November 1st, 2018, 8:09 pm Wow legal weed is so much stronger. A lot smoother on top of that as well. I only had some minor burning feelings in my chest when the hits were big. No coughing at all either. Just 4 hits was enough to fuck me up.
Yay! Congratulations! :banana: :banana: :banana:
zuma
Donator

Post by zuma »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: November 1st, 2018, 8:09 pm Wow legal weed is so much stronger. A lot smoother on top of that as well. I only had some minor burning feelings in my chest when the hits were big. No coughing at all either. Just 4 hits was enough to fuck me up.
Very odd
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

2 cons are that I had some moments of paranoia, and the munchies were out of control. Still, I would recommend Blueberry Kush, at least for now until I try other strains.
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

I'd rec Gorilla Glue and Alien Abduction, if you can find it... :thumbsup:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

peeptoad wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:42 pm I'd rec Gorilla Glue and Alien Abduction, if you can find it... :thumbsup:
does AA come with an anal probe? :cowbow:
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

xianjiro wrote: November 9th, 2018, 10:46 pm
peeptoad wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:42 pm I'd rec Gorilla Glue and Alien Abduction, if you can find it... :thumbsup:
does AA come with an anal probe? :cowbow:
Don't give the young'uns any fresh ideas! :shifty:
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

XxXApathy420XxX wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 5:20 pm Only can get indica for now.

I'm gonna try so many strains when it becomes legal here.
i'm so jealous of you and canadians in general. Here even leftists don't want to legalize it :down:
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I bought, hopefully, my last batch of weed last night. I've been planning to quit next Monday for about a month now because it was the end of uni but now I have to do more uni work coz of a useless group member so now I'm torn between sticking to my plan or delaying it another week so I can work. :( Usually we don't get 'named strains', but the one we got last night was Kandy Kush. Had only been smoking weed 'dust' from the bottom of the grinder and tobacco for a few days so it hit me pretty hard and I was super sleepy and chill for the rest of the night.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I've only smoked weed a couple of times since my previous post, and haven't touched the stuff in 6+ months at this point. But last night I tried shrooms for the first time. I almost backed out coz I got scared, but just decided to try it anyway. I spent a few hours rolling around on the floor in a fit of giggles, but my poor boyfriend must have a high tolerance or something coz he got nothing out of it.

I felt very nauseous for the first hour and I kept shaking. I kept getting these weird cold waves and whooshes and eventually the nausea went away and every time I closed my eyes/blinked I'd see Aboriginal dot painting type of stuff moving around and turning into random images. It evolved into like, I'd blink and all the contours of the doors and stuff would turn into coloured lines that would melt away into the ground. It felt mostly like when you're tired and you keep nodding off into a dream and then you jolt awake. It wasn't as intense as I assumed from seeing trips in films, but it all seemed pretty generic. At one point I saw a giant spider climbing out of my chest, my boyfriend's legs turned into sausages etc. I'd look at stuff and they'd shake and move around. I liked being on the ground and I felt like I had no bones. I thought of the bit in XFM when they talk about Harry the Boneless and Ricky says 'he's over there flapping around' and that was me. I was also reminded of the 'Manmoth' bit of XFM and I drowned in tears of laughter for about 10 minutes.

Then I thought I should check out some of The Beatles stuff and Come Together was pretty nice. And Within In You Without You and I could see all the people in the album cover breathing and swirling around with the song and I couldn't tell if it was the video moving or if it was me. Was an interesting experience, I'd be keen to do it again but the nausea is off-putting. It was horrible. I also felt way less anxious than usual today and got a ton of homework done.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Shrooms are one of the psychedelics I actually enjoyed back in the day and it's partly because I did feel a level of clarity, so to speak that I did not experience with other drugs (LSD, ayahuasca, etc). I had several incredible experiences hiking and camping with shrooms. Never had the nausea you mentioned though. Maybe I just got lucky.
Having said that I haven't done any of that stuff since the late-90s and I quit weed cold turkey about 4 weeks ago and have no regrets. Was vaping almost daily for the past 5 years and I'm done with it for good I think. My brain feels so much better (more motivation, drive, and clarity among other things) and I had virtually no withdrawal other than a little trouble sleeping for the first few nights though I have chronic insomnia anyway regardless.
prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

I just quit weed myself in preparation for my emt class, I'm having pretty bad withdrawal actually. Which is odd, since I'd gone cold turkey a number of times before, for trips abroad and whatnot, with no negative consequences. Guess I've been overindulging during lockdown.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

can you tell us what sort of withdrawal? I've never believed that mj was completely free even if some of the PR makes the claim, so I'm kind of curious what you're dealing with.

I only had to deal with withdrawal when I came off prescription opiods - and that was something like a two year process. I believe things like Trainspotting for the people who go off junk cold turkey. It wasn't pleasant and probably took six months before I felt finally over it.
prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

xianjiro wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 9:23 pm can you tell us what sort of withdrawal? I've never believed that mj was completely free even if some of the PR makes the claim, so I'm kind of curious what you're dealing with.
Increased anxiety and irritability, cravings (getting better), trouble falling asleep (though no trouble staying asleep lol), decreased appetite (it's starting to come back), and an indeterminate but intense discomfort and restlessness. I'm sure nothing near as bad withdrawal from prescription painkillers or even alcohol, but way worse than I'd imagined. I was expecting problems with sleep and appetite, but borderline-physical agitation I was not. I'm feeling a little more normal today, so I think it'll be mostly resolved within a few days.

Given my apparent dependency, and given the history of addiction in my family, it's probably a good thing I quit even if I wasn't starting medical training. I am gonna miss it though; I do find it quite helpful creatively (and very pleasant in itself).
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

mightysparks wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 11:31 am I've only smoked weed a couple of times since my previous post, and haven't touched the stuff in 6+ months at this point. But last night I tried shrooms for the first time. I almost backed out coz I got scared, but just decided to try it anyway. I spent a few hours rolling around on the floor in a fit of giggles, but my poor boyfriend must have a high tolerance or something coz he got nothing out of it.

I felt very nauseous for the first hour and I kept shaking. I kept getting these weird cold waves and whooshes and eventually the nausea went away and every time I closed my eyes/blinked I'd see Aboriginal dot painting type of stuff moving around and turning into random images. It evolved into like, I'd blink and all the contours of the doors and stuff would turn into coloured lines that would melt away into the ground. It felt mostly like when you're tired and you keep nodding off into a dream and then you jolt awake. It wasn't as intense as I assumed from seeing trips in films, but it all seemed pretty generic. At one point I saw a giant spider climbing out of my chest, my boyfriend's legs turned into sausages etc. I'd look at stuff and they'd shake and move around. I liked being on the ground and I felt like I had no bones. I thought of the bit in XFM when they talk about Harry the Boneless and Ricky says 'he's over there flapping around' and that was me. I was also reminded of the 'Manmoth' bit of XFM and I drowned in tears of laughter for about 10 minutes.

Then I thought I should check out some of The Beatles stuff and Come Together was pretty nice. And Within In You Without You and I could see all the people in the album cover breathing and swirling around with the song and I couldn't tell if it was the video moving or if it was me. Was an interesting experience, I'd be keen to do it again but the nausea is off-putting. It was horrible. I also felt way less anxious than usual today and got a ton of homework done.
That's sounds pretty fun, especially the rolling around on the floor giggling part. I can't imagine doing that for several hours. :D Also, when I think of a boneless character I think of this guy.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

prodigalgodson wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 11:39 pm
xianjiro wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 9:23 pm can you tell us what sort of withdrawal? I've never believed that mj was completely free even if some of the PR makes the claim, so I'm kind of curious what you're dealing with.
Increased anxiety and irritability, cravings (getting better), trouble falling asleep (though no trouble staying asleep lol), decreased appetite (it's starting to come back), and an indeterminate but intense discomfort and restlessness. I'm sure nothing near as bad withdrawal from prescription painkillers or even alcohol, but way worse than I'd imagined. I was expecting problems with sleep and appetite, but borderline-physical agitation I was not. I'm feeling a little more normal today, so I think it'll be mostly resolved within a few days.

Given my apparent dependency, and given the history of addiction in my family, it's probably a good thing I quit even if I wasn't starting medical training. I am gonna miss it though; I do find it quite helpful creatively (and very pleasant in itself).
thanks, good to know
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

How much were you smoking regularly? I’d been smoking about 1g a day for about 2 years when I quit cold turkey and I had minor withdrawal symptoms for about 3 days and then I was fine. Didn’t think about it at all after a week.

I’ve found since I quit though my anxiety has gotten increasingly worse, especially in the last 6 months since I haven’t used it at all. But it wasn’t quite giving me the same effect as before which is why I don’t really want to do it again but I haven’t found anything that helps my anxiety. I’ve tried all the natural healthy stuff like running, exercise in general, healthy eating, meditation, yoga. Running helps a bit, but not enough. The day after the shrooms was the first time I’d felt anxiety free in over a year.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Lammetje wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 11:59 pm That's sounds pretty fun, especially the rolling around on the floor giggling part. I can't imagine doing that for several hours. :D Also, when I think of a boneless character I think of this guy.
I’m a giggly rolypoly drunk as well. My boyfriend gets annoyed because he has to pick me up off the floor and then I just melt down again. He said I’m like ‘spilled jelly’. But it’s fun for me lol

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

mightysparks wrote: April 4th, 2021, 12:34 am How much were you smoking regularly? I’d been smoking about 1g a day for about 2 years when I quit cold turkey and I had minor withdrawal symptoms for about 3 days and then I was fine. Didn’t think about it at all after a week.

I’ve found since I quit though my anxiety has gotten increasingly worse, especially in the last 6 months since I haven’t used it at all. But it wasn’t quite giving me the same effect as before which is why I don’t really want to do it again but I haven’t found anything that helps my anxiety. I’ve tried all the natural healthy stuff like running, exercise in general, healthy eating, meditation, yoga. Running helps a bit, but not enough. The day after the shrooms was the first time I’d felt anxiety free in over a year.
I've mostly been using a vape pen for the last year or so, so I'm not sure exactly how much; enough to get decently high but still be able to communicate and function, I guess. I've gone through phases when I was smoking well over a gram a day but that stopped years ago. Weed here is bred to be ridiculously potent these days too, over 30% THC on the low end, so I definitely use a lower quantity than I used to when anything over 10% was considered strong stuff. (I actually think the cannabis industry shot themselves in the foot a bit with selective breeding: people aren't gonna burn through the stuff nearly as quickly as they used to, and it's not much more expensive than it was a few years ago.)

Sorry to hear about your anxiety mighty. Weed and anxiety have a complicated relationship for me. I generally feel more mellow (duh) when I'm high, but also less in control of my energy, so if my mind veers off in the wrong direction it can go pretty far south pretty quickly. When I'm sober I'm better at pulling myself back when I start feeling pangs of anxiety/irritation, but my baseline mood is more uptight.

Exercise, good diet, good weather, and all that healthy lifestyle stuff helps but there's really no guarantee I'll be anxiety-free any given day. I also take 100mg of sertraline (generic Zoloft) a day, which I started when I was 12 to help treat my OCD, but which I think also helps with anxiety (if I miss a few days, I feel noticeably more anxious in any case; maybe it's more SSRI withdrawal than missing the drug's benefits). I find having a creative outlet really helps me process anxiety/depression/shame, all that dysphoric stuff, even if it doesn't alleviate it.
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Sorry to hear about your withdrawal symptoms, pgs. And the anxiety as well; that could be a complicating factor, though it seems to be a very individual experience and different for everyone who quits. Also, I never used the vape pens, but if you mean the kind that has a liquid cartridge and battery I've seen some around here that are in the 60-80% THC range(!), so it might be harder to quit that without withdrawal since the % is so high (and I've never seen anything as high as 30% here for the flower; most of the stuff we get maxes out around 25-27%- that's some serious chron).
Anyhow, I hope your symptoms abate soon... I've read the worst is usually over for most people at around the 3-4 week mark. Hang in there...
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Drugs are fun, but my illnesses get in the way too much. I was listening to weed and deep house music once and couldn't see the real world anymore. I stopped breathing except maybe twice a minute and entered another world with the music.

Another weed trip I had I listened to coil, but then realized that I entered a new level of consciousness. I scrambled a bunch of random shit on notes. Then I noticed that spies came into my house and planted a camera in my cat's eye so I hid from her. After that, I farted and noticed the window was open, and started panicking because I realized that all the neighbours heard it.

I've been talking to people about it and they unanimously said weed shouldn't do these things and my illnesses are too severe.
prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

peeptoad wrote: April 4th, 2021, 12:07 pm Sorry to hear about your withdrawal symptoms, pgs. And the anxiety as well; that could be a complicating factor, though it seems to be a very individual experience and different for everyone who quits. Also, I never used the vape pens, but if you mean the kind that has a liquid cartridge and battery I've seen some around here that are in the 60-80% THC range(!), so it might be harder to quit that without withdrawal since the % is so high (and I've never seen anything as high as 30% here for the flower; most of the stuff we get maxes out around 25-27%- that's some serious chron).
Anyhow, I hope your symptoms abate soon... I've read the worst is usually over for most people at around the 3-4 week mark. Hang in there...
Thanks pt! Yeah, I used a cartridge/battery combo from a company called Raw Garden, where the THC content of the vape liquid was around 84-89%, at least for the sativa-dominant hybrids I prefer. But a 1-gram cartridge would last me from a few weeks (during quarantine) to a couple months (back at work), so even with that high percentage I never felt like I was dynamiting my brain cells or anything. But I think you're right about the levels effecting withdrawal, and it seems intuitive -- the higher a concentration of a chemical your body's used to, the more psychophysiological whiplash when it's yanked away.

Anyhow, things have definitely improved since my last post! Still feeling pretty antsy/anxious/lethargic, but less grumpy, and my appetite's come back with a vengeance. Planning to go filming tomorrow and then get some exercise for the first time in way too long; looking forward to the mood boost from all that. I appreciate the encouragement! :cheers:
prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: April 4th, 2021, 12:18 pm Drugs are fun, but my illnesses get in the way too much. I was listening to weed and deep house music once and couldn't see the real world anymore. I stopped breathing except maybe twice a minute and entered another world with the music.

Another weed trip I had I listened to coil, but then realized that I entered a new level of consciousness. I scrambled a bunch of random shit on notes. Then I noticed that spies came into my house and planted a camera in my cat's eye so I hid from her. After that, I farted and noticed the window was open, and started panicking because I realized that all the neighbours heard it.

I've been talking to people about it and they unanimously said weed shouldn't do these things and my illnesses are too severe.
Stuff like panicking because you think your neighbors heard you fart sounds like classic stoner paranoia; hiding from your cat because spies put cameras in her eyes is a bit farther out, but not the strangest thing I've heard people freaking out about when high, and certainly far from the most dangerous course of action I've heard taken; but only breathing twice a minute is definitely worrying if it really was your breathing and not your perception of time that was being effected. Things like entering another world or level of consciousness are too abstract for me to know if they're experiences I can relate too, but I've heard people describe experiences with weed in similar terms.

Weed obviously makes the user more sensitive to sensory input and, for most people in my experience, makes them more likely to take abstract associations more literally, which depending on your train of thought and your control over it can lead to some pretty vivid mental experiences and down some pretty dark rabbit-holes. I've definitely gotten into some waaay overly-paranoid mindframes in the past, especially if I'm out of my comfort zone (being a loner has its benefits, but a major drawback is a narrow frame of reference, which makes it too easy to relate random/coincidental goings-on back to oneself). If you're feeling unsafe while high it definitely seems like a wise call to avoid it.

Btw, missing your 500 albums again!
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Yea that's the problem with getting psychosis sometimes. It's hard to tell when I was having it and when it was from the weed. Best to just avoid it because weed makes my mental illnesses worse anyways.

Continued the thread :)
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

My biggest problem is anything I try to watch - no matter how much I know I could never have seen it before - feels like a rerun. It's the strangest feeling and much more annoying for me than paranoia although things can seem really loud to me. I'm pretty quiet to begin with, so I know it's not really an issue and don't find it distracts me nearly as much as everything feeling like a rerun.

I wonder if a stoner's ever gone to a world premiere and demanded his money back because "I've already seen this before"?
prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson »

Haha haven't heard that before, interesting...
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I smoke weed very occasionally with my best friend. I only see her about once a month and it's the only time I smoke, so I'm not worried about any psychological effects. Honestly, I don't know if it's because I have cataplexy or something, but I don't really even get "high." It's just a social thing for me.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.