Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Do you eat meat?

peeptoad

Re: Do you eat meat?

Post by peeptoad » October 9th, 2019, 1:43 pm

mightysparks wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 5:05 am
That chocolate does look good, wish we could get it in Aus :(
I feel this way about the Pana brand. I saw it somewhere around here for like $15/bar. No way Jose at that price.

sebby

Post by sebby » October 10th, 2019, 8:34 am

peeptoad wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 1:42 pm
sebby wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 10:20 am
Seattle Chocolate is actually on sale at my Whole Foods for a reasonable price right now ($3.50) so maybe I'll give it a try.
It was on sale when I got it too; not sure I would have bought it otherwise since it's pricey. And warning- not all the bars are vegan.
Yeah it seems only two are, at least at my local store. I got the one you did and it's quite good, if a little sweet.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 13th, 2019, 7:58 am

https://www.feastingonfruit.com/vegan-c ... ipes-19152

I made these brownies this morning and finally just got to try them. They’re amazing. Just watch that sexy video on it and if that doesn’t sell you I don’t know what will.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » October 13th, 2019, 6:22 pm

The stores are finally selling multiple varieties of plant "milk" here. Cool but expensive and not very nutritious.
Just bought Brazil nut and Quinoa on sale. I didn't even know they made those kinds.
I'm fitting to try all varieties, but they keep coming back with new ones.
So far Ive had: oats, rice, soya, buckwheat, hemp (the only one that has no good taste), spelt (the tastiest so far).
upd: + almond, walnut, hazelnut
Other common ones left to go: coconut, almond, walnut, hazelnut. Wiki says there are 23 in all :sweat:
With coconut, cashew and sesame tried I will be at 14!

Also grabbed my first vegan yogurt.
Last edited by Armoreska on November 15th, 2019, 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 13th, 2019, 11:22 pm

My nan (who is mostly vegetarian but has some deficiency and has to eat meat once a week or something) has said good things about oat milk but I haven’t tried it yet. I tried almond milk and it was one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever ‘eaten’. I don’t really like milk as it is but I didn’t realize there were so many other options.. I’ll look out for them next time I shop.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

sebby

Post by sebby » October 14th, 2019, 1:06 am

Oat Milk doesn't taste like anything to me. But then again I don't think Almond milk tastes like anything either. Just a blank slate. Cow's milk on the other hand has the gross phlegmy aftertaste. The only plant milk I don't care for is coconut. Just tastes off to me. Obviously flavored and sugared up varieties will differ compared to homemade or unsweetened.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » October 14th, 2019, 1:21 am

I only have hilo milk coz full cream tastes weird to me (I guess that 'phlegmy aftertaste'). Almond milk was sour and nasty. I don't drink it though, I only use in cooking and cereal. Because I can't smell I've accidentally eaten cereal with off milk a few times thinking it was a bit sour, that's basically what almond milk tastes like to me.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 9th, 2019, 1:52 pm

The supermarket I was stocktaking tonight had a new brand of plant based chicken chunks and teriyaki jackfruit - it’s the first time I’ve seen jackfruit around here, so I bought it before they closed. I’m excited to finally try it though I don’t know what to do with it yet, and I keep trying every plant based meat thing in the hopes that one day I’ll find a good one. I’ve found some nice chicken like tenders and nuggets, plus some burger patties and a schnitzel, but I’m desperate for some fleshy chickeny stuff and everything has sucked so far.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 9th, 2019, 2:33 pm

I got flashes of somebody telling me earlier today they can't quit flesh because they were born in a village and they work a physical job and it's their blood type and when they don't get it they get murder urges. :shrug:

Meanwhile I cooked a kilo of plain pumpkin. It's 16 cents a kilo. 6 kilos for $1. :blink: Free food!
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 9th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Pumpkin is my least favourite food so I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be a good thing :whistling:

I gotta say tho that when I think of ripping into some chicken flesh I start to drool, and I do get those murdery urges. Which is why I really need a good chicken replacement. It was my favourite food and I haven’t eaten it in 9 months :( Even my avatar makes me hungry.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 9th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Ouch. Must be sad to be a carnivore/obligate omnivore.

I used to hate pumpkin and ate none of it. But now it's the first veggie I eat so much of plain. Tho I can probably cook carrots that way too.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 9th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Well, I went from eating meat 2-3 times a day, chicken pretty much every day for 28 years to eating none at all. I’ve done pretty well, I think. It’s hard not to miss the food that brought you the most pleasure, and finding no replacement that matches the texture, the taste, the versatility, or the joy. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s meat or not, it’s just something I love that I don’t have anymore. All other meat can suck my balls.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » November 13th, 2019, 3:45 pm

These things are absolutely fantastic with tahini and vegetables.

That's it. carry on.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 27th, 2019, 3:27 am

I only discovered last night that gelatine is made from the connective tissue of animals and therefore things like jelly and marshmallow aren’t vegetarian. I’m seriously pissed off because I love both and I’ve been eating cheesecake (after getting an amazing family recipe) and marshmallow Santa’s recently and now I can’t anymore. I’m also annoyed at how sneaky that is, who the hell is going to suspect that fecking jelly is made from animals??

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 27th, 2019, 8:41 am

mightysparks wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:27 am
I only discovered last night that gelatine is made from the connective tissue of animals and therefore things like jelly and marshmallow aren’t vegetarian. I’m seriously pissed off because I love both and I’ve been eating cheesecake (after getting an amazing family recipe) and marshmallow Santa’s recently and now I can’t anymore. I’m also annoyed at how sneaky that is, who the hell is going to suspect that fecking jelly is made from animals??
yeah can we find a single person who eats these candies knowing where they come from? :lol:
capsules for vitamins and medicine are also made of gelatin.
gelatin can also be vegan, made from agar agar.
still it's not a driver for animal exploitation, so it's not as unethical to buy or eat gelatin as milk and eggs.

and lac is made from bugs
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 27th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Soap is also usually made of animals. At least cheap one.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 27th, 2019, 11:54 pm

Yeah, I’ve had to get goats milk as my boyfriend is allergic to most other soaps but I’ve recently found another that he is ok with; idk if it has animal products in it tho.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 21st, 2019, 7:12 am

Quorn have been a bit of a hit and miss brand for me; I use their mince for spaghetti and get their sausage rolls occasionally, but most other stuff has been meh (their 'pieces' were really disappointing). I accidentally grabbed a packet of their nuggets instead of mince last week and the other day my boyfriend wanted some nuggets so I chucked some in the oven for him. He ate one and stopped and was like 'wait, are these even vegetarian?' and I was like 'of course, they're vegan, why?' and apparently it was because they were so convincing he thought I'd made a mistake and bought chicken nuggets lol. They are pretty good, tbh, and the vegan sausage rolls also taste like the 'real' thing, which makes me question wtf they put in meat ones.

I also went looking for some hair products recently, and since finding the 'Curly Girl' method, I try to avoid anything with parabons and silicons, but I found a new brand that was vegan and seemed promising so I grabbed that. As soon as I put it in my hair I could feel the difference. Though my hair still sucks generally, it's been feeling much healthier and on the day that I wash it the curls and shine come up real nice.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 23rd, 2019, 9:26 am

My boyfriend recommended I try the superfuel salad from Nando’s so I got one for dinner tonight. I’ve never been a fan of Nandos because everything is oily and tasteless and I generally hate salads (and this one has avocado and sweet potato, both of which I hate). But damn, it’s a good salad. It was surprisingly tasty and fresh, even the sweet potato was really nice (normally it tastes like the worst food in the universe, aka pumpkin). Couldn’t even finish it I was so goddam full. Has feta so not vegan, and you can get it with chicken but doesn’t really need it unless you want protein. Definitely recommend.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » December 23rd, 2019, 5:16 pm

mightysparks wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:12 am
Quorn have been a bit of a hit and miss brand for me; I use their mince for spaghetti and get their sausage rolls occasionally, but most other stuff has been meh (their 'pieces' were really disappointing). I accidentally grabbed a packet of their nuggets instead of mince last week and the other day my boyfriend wanted some nuggets so I chucked some in the oven for him. He ate one and stopped and was like 'wait, are these even vegetarian?' and I was like 'of course, they're vegan, why?' and apparently it was because they were so convincing he thought I'd made a mistake and bought chicken nuggets lol. They are pretty good, tbh, and the vegan sausage rolls also taste like the 'real' thing, which makes me question wtf they put in meat ones.
I bought the Quorn nuggets a couple of weeks ago and thought of you since you had said you were looking for a chicken replacement. Glad you found them and glad you liked them. :thumbsup:

Ora Compaton

Post by Ora Compaton » December 24th, 2019, 3:35 am

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat very often, once a month.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » December 28th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Active B12 found in some plants:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » December 28th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Yep, I definitely have to supplement B12 and D3. It's great that it's found in plants.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm

came through the work digest this morning... not that the information or advice is needed here, but maybe some info to keep in mind (mostly for children):
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/wha ... 0010718625

This got me thinking about my own foray into diet modification-
Even on a vegetarian diet (not vegan) for about 15 years I developed a pretty severe iron deficiency and another health problem, both of which went away when I reverted back to eating chicken and fish (I've never liked red meat particularly anyway). This was despite taking vitamin and mineral supplements and eating primarily whole foods (I have never eaten notable amounts processed food in my diet) while veg. I am now back to weaning myself off meat and dairy, but it's going to have to be very gradual since I lose weight fast when I eliminate large protein groups (and because of the other health problem I cannot eat lots of beans, legumes or grains on a regular basis).

Anyway, if anyone else who has been vegan for any length of time has any advice for me in this area I'd appreciate it...

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 10th, 2020, 1:35 pm

My grandma has the same issue and has been vegetarian since Babe came out, I don't have any advice though. Her doctor makes her get a blood test every week or two, and she has to eat meat (she also sticks to chicken and fish) at least once a week.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 10th, 2020, 2:10 pm

I assume you mean your grandma is anemic? Iron pills three times daily don't even help... I had to do that like 15-20 years ago when these problems first surfaced and oral supplem,nets don't help for jack. I probably need iron shots or maybe B12 shots if I am going down this road again.
Well, thanks anyway... I feel like I'm in a tough spot since I want to be vegan for a variety of reasons, but my body seems to rebel after about 2-3 weeks.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » January 10th, 2020, 2:15 pm

peeptoad wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Even on a vegetarian diet (not vegan) for about 15 years I developed a pretty severe iron deficiency and another health problem, both of which went away when I reverted back to eating chicken and fish (I've never liked red meat particularly anyway). This was despite taking vitamin and mineral supplements and eating primarily whole foods (I have never eaten notable amounts processed food in my diet) while veg. I am now back to weaning myself off meat and dairy, but it's going to have to be very gradual since I lose weight fast when I eliminate large protein groups (and because of the other health problem I cannot eat lots of beans, legumes or grains on a regular basis).

Anyway, if anyone else who has been vegan for any length of time has any advice for me in this area I'd appreciate it...
You can improve iron absorption by eating foods with vitamin C together with the iron-rich foods.

Other good iron sources (besides legumes and grains) are spinach and pumpkin seeds.

Do you have the same problem with all legumes or grains, or are some worse than others? If it's too much fiber for you, maybe you can try tofu, which is lower in fiber.

If you haven't done so already, speaking to a dietitian would probably be a good idea.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 10th, 2020, 2:34 pm

mjf314 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 2:15 pm
peeptoad wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm

You can improve iron absorption by eating foods with vitamin C together with the iron-rich foods.

Other good iron sources (besides legumes and grains) are spinach and pumpkin seeds.

Do you have the same problem with all legumes or grains, or are some worse than others? If it's too much fiber for you, maybe you can try tofu, which is lower in fiber.

If you haven't done so already, speaking to a dietitian would probably be a good idea.
Regarding the vit C and iron I've been there- done that, but thanks.
I also eat loads of spinach, broccoli, and other non-meat items (non-heme iron sources).
All legumes bother me to some extent if I eat them in any quantity. I do eat some (chickpeas, and other beans) on occasion, but usually not every day. grains typically bother me the same way, but it's worse with gluten-containing grains and things like oats ("true" grains I guess). e.g. I eat quinoa with no problems. I do eat tofu more than other legumes, but not more than 3-4 times/week. Yeah, I'll probably see a nutritionist at some point.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 11th, 2020, 4:57 am

I’ve seen a few vegan yoghurts recently and I found one that was high in protein (literally the only reason I eat yoghurt is for the protein), so I grabbed a couple of flavours. I tried one today and it’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever eaten in my life. I could barely finish a teaspoon of it and then it went straight in the bin. It was supposedly banana and cinnamon but it was thick sour slop with grainy bits in it. Urghhh

sebby

Post by sebby » January 11th, 2020, 11:55 am

mightysparks wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:57 am
I’ve seen a few vegan yoghurts recently and I found one that was high in protein (literally the only reason I eat yoghurt is for the protein), so I grabbed a couple of flavours. I tried one today and it’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever eaten in my life. I could barely finish a teaspoon of it and then it went straight in the bin. It was supposedly banana and cinnamon but it was thick sour slop with grainy bits in it. Urghhh
Try a different brand. I've got one in the fridge now that's beyond terrible (it's made w coconut and pili nuts i believe), but I've had others in the past that were much better than "normal" yogurt. None of that awful dairy bloat after consumption.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » January 12th, 2020, 10:14 pm

sebby wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 11:55 am
mightysparks wrote:
Try a different brand. I've got one in the fridge now that's beyond terrible (it's made w coconut and pili nuts i believe), but I've had others in the past that were much better than "normal" yogurt. None of that awful dairy bloat after consumption.
What are your favorites? I've only tried one so far, Forager. I liked it, but I haven't bought it recently.

The only yogurt-like-texture food that I regularly eat is oatmeal.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 12th, 2020, 10:43 pm

I'm new to the discussion and jumping in now with only skimming the material as discussion seems pretty specific.

I think I probably fit the label of flexivor or whatever cute word is being bandied about these days. Actually I alternate vegan and fish/fowl by days: thought that was a useful compromise between nutritional requirements and a desire to eat less meat, especially factory farmed products - an idea that simply revolts me but over which I have limited control. When possible - which isn't very often at my local groceries - I try to purchase better products.

Don't eat much processed food at this point - too many allergies/sensitivities and I got tired of the hives. So I'm eating a mostly plant-based, home-cooked diet supplemented by animal products. But, for example, now that dairy is a problem, I've switched to making my own soy yoghurt.

Oh, forgot to mention that I stopped eating mammal in the late 80s due to problems digesting it. For those outside of the US, there is Alpha-gal allergy which results from a certain tick bite. I've never had the actual test, but everything fits pretty well for this to be the explanation.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

sebby

Post by sebby » January 12th, 2020, 11:01 pm

mjf314 wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 10:14 pm
sebby wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 11:55 am
mightysparks wrote:
What are your favorites? I've only tried one so far, Forager. I liked it, but I haven't bought it recently.

The only yogurt-like-texture food that I regularly eat is oatmeal.
I think it's Kite Hill but not sure. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm at the grocery store. I typically just buy whatever plain vegan yogurt is on sale to mix into oatmeal and smoothies. LAVVA is the one to avoid.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 13th, 2020, 1:49 pm

xianjiro wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 10:43 pm
I'm new to the discussion and jumping in now with only skimming the material as discussion seems pretty specific.

I think I probably fit the label of flexivor or whatever cute word is being bandied about these days. Actually I alternate vegan and fish/fowl by days: thought that was a useful compromise between nutritional requirements and a desire to eat less meat, especially factory farmed products - an idea that simply revolts me but over which I have limited control. When possible - which isn't very often at my local groceries - I try to purchase better products.

Don't eat much processed food at this point - too many allergies/sensitivities and I got tired of the hives. So I'm eating a mostly plant-based, home-cooked diet supplemented by animal products. But, for example, now that dairy is a problem, I've switched to making my own soy yoghurt.

Oh, forgot to mention that I stopped eating mammal in the late 80s due to problems digesting it. For those outside of the US, there is Alpha-gal allergy which results from a certain tick bite. I've never had the actual test, but everything fits pretty well for this to be the explanation.
The "flexivor" label is probably where I am at right now too... some days I am entirely vegan, others vegetarian and still others I eat meat (those days are in the vast minority at this point). I also looked up Alpha-gal allergy to read up on it and it's yet another reason to not eat red meat. Thanks for that link.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 13th, 2020, 5:14 pm

peeptoad wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 1:49 pm
xianjiro wrote:

The "flexivor" label is probably where I am at right now too... some days I am entirely vegan, others vegetarian and still others I eat meat (those days are in the vast minority at this point). I also looked up Alpha-gal allergy to read up on it and it's yet another reason to not eat red meat. Thanks for that link.
Well, it's not really meat's fault. :lol: It's those damn lone star ticks! But let me tell you - throughout the 80s I was a normal American meat eater and Whataburger was the closest thing to campus AND they delivered! (I think it was 24 hours a day too, but don't quote me on that. Been many a year since I was at uni.) Then suddenly in the late 80s I started feeling like I had food poisoning, like every damn day. Spent a quarter of my time in the men's room at work, lost something like 25 pounds, had all sorts of unpleasant medical tests run, went to specialists, took drugs, and the docs were simply stumped. It was horrible, horrible, horrible! Can't remember how long it took me to have the epiphany that on days I had mammal I was sick for 24 hours and on days that I didn't eat mammal life started to improve. Probably less than a year. (It took me 20 years to figure out wheat was a problem, but no where as severe, well until the hives started last year.)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 13th, 2020, 6:25 pm

xianjiro wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 5:14 pm
peeptoad wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 1:49 pm
xianjiro wrote:

Well, it's not really meat's fault. :lol: It's those damn lone star ticks! But let me tell you - throughout the 80s I was a normal American meat eater and Whataburger was the closest thing to campus AND they delivered! (I think it was 24 hours a day too, but don't quote me on that. Been many a year since I was at uni.) Then suddenly in the late 80s I started feeling like I had food poisoning, like every damn day. Spent a quarter of my time in the men's room at work, lost something like 25 pounds, had all sorts of unpleasant medical tests run, went to specialists, took drugs, and the docs were simply stumped. It was horrible, horrible, horrible! Can't remember how long it took me to have the epiphany that on days I had mammal I was sick for 24 hours and on days that I didn't eat mammal life started to improve. Probably less than a year. (It took me 20 years to figure out wheat was a problem, but no where as severe, well until the hives started last year.)
Ugh, that does not sound pleasant. At least you figured out what the problem was/is...
...I hate ticks. Almost as much as mosquitoes. They probably serve some function in an ecosystem somewhere, but I wouldn't miss either if both disappeared into the stratosphere forever.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 13th, 2020, 7:21 pm

peeptoad wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Ugh, that does not sound pleasant. At least you figured out what the problem was/is...
...I hate ticks. Almost as much as mosquitoes. They probably serve some function in an ecosystem somewhere, but I wouldn't miss either if both disappeared into the stratosphere forever.
You got that right! I'm sure I saw a docu once that talked about mosquitoes "use" in the eco-system, but I can't remember what that might have been other than then are an awesome food source for other animals.

Ticks on the other hand - can't think of anything, well, other than Lyme disease, etc transporters. I don't think I've ever heard of any animal that eats ticks either off itself or others of its kind.

Guess we could say much the same thing about leeches, but I bet there are fish and such that eat leeches.

sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 15th, 2020, 12:50 am

peeptoad wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 2:10 pm
I assume you mean your grandma is anemic? Iron pills three times daily don't even help... I had to do that like 15-20 years ago when these problems first surfaced and oral supplem,nets don't help for jack. I probably need iron shots or maybe B12 shots if I am going down this road again.
Well, thanks anyway... I feel like I'm in a tough spot since I want to be vegan for a variety of reasons, but my body seems to rebel after about 2-3 weeks.
My iron improved since last year. Finally all 4 values are within recommended limits.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 15th, 2020, 12:59 am

mjf314 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 2:15 pm
Unhulled sesame and chia seem like better sources among seeds. Although not (as) tasty.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 21st, 2020, 10:34 am

Tried the McVeggie Deluxe today. It’s pretty good. Not super tasty, but still yummy. Haven’t eaten Maccas in nearly a year and it was favourite restaurant before lol. Hungry Jack’s Rebel Whopper is tastier but more calories and sloppier. It’s kind of annoying they cook them on the same grill as the meat stuff but not enough to put us off eating them if we need to eat something when we’re out.