Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 9 released July 7th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

Do you eat meat?

peeptoad

Re: Do you eat meat?

Post by peeptoad » April 6th, 2020, 7:00 pm

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » April 6th, 2020, 7:01 pm

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am

peeptoad wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm
allisoncm wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
There are a ton of good vegan cheeses... Chao...
Been meaning to mention that I tried this one ("creamy original") and it's quite good, esp in a vegan grinder (i.e. submarine sandwich). Tried one other vegan cheese so far, Daiya shredded "mozzarella" and I was less enthusiastic, but it wasn't bad. I'll keep looking for a better mozz-replacement...
peeptoad, yes, Daiya can be hit or miss for me. Slightly melted is good. If it cooks too long, it'll be liquidy. For Daiya, it must say non-GMO or I won't get it. They've had iffy labeling in the past and they were sold off a couple years back to a parent company that seems to care less about health. I haven't bought Chao in awhile, but haven't ever had a problem with them.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » April 14th, 2020, 11:52 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am
peeptoad wrote:
allisoncm wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
There are a ton of good vegan cheeses... Chao...
Been meaning to mention that I tried this one ("creamy original") and it's quite good, esp in a vegan grinder (i.e. submarine sandwich). Tried one other vegan cheese so far, Daiya shredded "mozzarella" and I was less enthusiastic, but it wasn't bad. I'll keep looking for a better mozz-replacement...
peeptoad, yes, Daiya can be hit or miss for me. Slightly melted is good. If it cooks too long, it'll be liquidy. For Daiya, it must say non-GMO or I won't get it. They've had iffy labeling in the past and they were sold off a couple years back to a parent company that seems to care less about health. I haven't bought Chao in awhile, but haven't ever had a problem with them.
Good to know on Daiya(esp. the labeling), thanks. That one time I cooked with it it did get really hot; it was in a 400 degree oven with marinara and tempeh and got pretty watery. I also got around to melting the Chao stuff on some toast and it took longer than regular cheese, but it had a nice texture and could pass for a halfway decent grilled cheese. ;)

sebby

Post by sebby » April 16th, 2020, 4:33 am

I wish I could remember the name of the one good vegan cheese I've had. Melted and tasted like the stuff made from cow fluids. Daiya has never appealed to me.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am

The only plant cheese I ever had was good. Ppl should try living at least a month without any kind of processed food, oil, salt or spices. Then everything will taste heavenly.

Been going a month on just grains, seeds & veggies (no beans challenge).
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » April 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm

peeptoad wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 11:52 am
allisoncm wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am
peeptoad wrote:

Good to know on Daiya(esp. the labeling), thanks. That one time I cooked with it it did get really hot; it was in a 400 degree oven with marinara and tempeh and got pretty watery. I also got around to melting the Chao stuff on some toast and it took longer than regular cheese, but it had a nice texture and could pass for a halfway decent grilled cheese. ;)
Oh yeah, when baking stuff in the oven, sometimes I will set a timer and put the cheese on the dish when 10 mins. are remaining. It works so that the cheese doesn't get over-cooked!

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » April 22nd, 2020, 10:35 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am
The only plant cheese I ever had was good. Ppl should try living at least a month without any kind of processed food, oil, salt or spices. Then everything will taste heavenly.

I have not been eating beans for awhile too. Looking at Dr. Michael Greger's recommendations (https://nutritionfacts.org/), I guess beans are part of the daily recommendation. I have been meaning to cook more beans, but they're a pain. I have some backup beans in case of an emergency. I also (before the quarantine) was cutting out bread and limiting grains as much as possible. I got so hungry! I have a mix of quinoa, lentils, rice, and some gluten-free pasta to alternate while in quarantine. Been wanting to stick to veggies and fruits as much as possible, but sometimes it's so hard to get full! I'd love to be raw vegan, but I also have to do more research to do that safely and to get enough calories.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 23rd, 2020, 1:52 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:35 pm
Armoreska wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am

I have not been eating beans for awhile too. Looking at Dr. Michael Greger's recommendations (https://nutritionfacts.org/), I guess beans are part of the daily recommendation. I have been meaning to cook more beans, but they're a pain. I have some backup beans in case of an emergency. I also (before the quarantine) was cutting out bread and limiting grains as much as possible. I got so hungry! I have a mix of quinoa, lentils, rice, and some gluten-free pasta to alternate while in quarantine. Been wanting to stick to veggies and fruits as much as possible, but sometimes it's so hard to get full! I'd love to be raw vegan, but I also have to do more research to do that safely and to get enough calories.
At least you can eat fruits. Best kept to minimum for me.
I'm having lots of grains, including gluten which seems to be a digestive problem more often than not. Also back to doing beans now.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » April 23rd, 2020, 2:25 am

Sorry to hear about fruits. Any that agree with you?

I find that gluten-free is best or at least organic when dealing with things like wheat.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 23rd, 2020, 9:38 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 2:25 am
Sorry to hear about fruits. Any that agree with you?
Small amounts. If I eat a kilo I may get dehydrated.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 24th, 2020, 10:45 am

I've never been a big pizza person, but I was craving pizza and didn't want to order one so we decided to make one for dinner tonight. Been saving my calories all day for this. Didn't make the base, but pizza sauce, pizza cheese, barbecue sauce, tomato, pineapple, vegetarian mince, mushrooms, basil/oregano/thyme/onion powder/salt/pepper. Made a spinach, feta, tomato, sweet potato salad to go with it. About 900 calories for the whole plate. Was probably the best pizza I've ever had and I'm absolutely stuffed.

"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 30th, 2020, 12:55 am

mm forgot about that pizza. We had it three nights in a row lol. Our latest obsession is this un-photogenic sandwich:

I've barely eaten bread since becoming vegetarian since the only things I ate with bread were vegemite toast (which I got bored of) and chicken and mayo sandwiches, but I saw a pic of this sandwich on Reddit and decided to give it a go.

Multigrain bread, one side layered with hummus and the other ricotta (supposed to be avocado but I forgot to buy some...), tomato and cucumber, a slice of Monterey Jack, a slice of Mozzarella, alfalfa and shredded carrot. I actually hate cucumber and cold carrot but the whole sandwich is just so wholesome and filling and delicious and it's all I want to eat all day.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 3rd, 2020, 4:43 pm

Ticked off vegan ice cream off my bucket list of trying vegan alternatives after going to store last night/morning. Only vegan milk chocolate, condensed milk, some kind of layer cake and advanced meat alternative left, I think.
also already tried mayo, sour cream, yogurt, cheap burger, a few kinds of sausage and cheese and a few kinds of mini cake.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 3rd, 2020, 5:46 pm

Armoreska wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 4:43 pm
Ticked off vegan ice cream off my bucket list of trying vegan alternatives after going to store last night/morning. Only vegan milk chocolate, condensed milk, some kind of layer cake and advanced meat alternative left, I think.
also already tried mayo, sour cream, yogurt, cheap burger, a few kinds of sausage and cheese and a few kinds of mini cake.
This is the best "sausage" I've had so far, though I know you're not really into the processed type of replacements (which is good)…I don't eat it very often as it's pretty salty (and also not cheap):

I am actually going to try out some of the blue zone recipes going forward (which are almost entirely vegan) since I already cook in a similar manner anyway, and many of those touch on parts of my heritage. Problem I'm having right now is the paucity of leafy green vegetables due to the current situation. Last two times at the store I couldn't get anything (spinach, kale, chard) in either fresh or frozen form. Hopefully that was an anomaly and not what the future is going to bring.

sebby

Post by sebby » May 3rd, 2020, 10:46 pm

Tofurky is good enough for me when i fix me up a chicago style hot dog once or twice a year. i've tried field roast but man, they really just shoehorn in too much flavor into their products for my liking. overwhelms the palette.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » May 4th, 2020, 2:18 am

Tofurky isn't my favorite (I had it a couple of times when I first went vegan). I prefer Lightlife or Beyond Meat sausage. Field Roast is okay too, but I prefer their cheese.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 7:08 am

My boyfriend was craving salami the other day and then the next day i was stocktaking a supermarket which had vegan salami, and some other interesting things so I grabbed those. My bf almost threw up after trying the salami. I thought it was edible if it was the only thing left lying around. It kinda had a salami aftertaste but was weird and slimy and the wrong texture. I also grabbed some vegan jerky and just tried some. It’s interesting. The texture is convincing when you first take a bite but it’s a little sweet and seems weird after a while. It’s not bad though, I quite like it. Trying some ‘buffalo wing style but not spicy’ tofu thing tonight which I’m hoping is gonna be good.

Melvelet

Post by Melvelet » May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am

Melvelet wrote:
September 5th, 2015, 4:11 pm
"I am mostly vegetarian but occasionally eat meat."
I consider myself a vegeterian since a few months (a low-meat period before that). If a eat meat (once or maybe twice a month) it's when I eat at a restaurant - occasionally running sushi and Asian duck (I love Asian food but vegeterian dishes are just the same as non-vegetarian ones with the best part missing -> 50/50 for me) or when there's no decent vegeterian dish. But I tend to eat more Indian food (which is great for vegetarian food) now.

Couldn't say that I feel like something's missing :)
Almost five years later: I went fully vegetarian during the months after this post and have been a vegan since October 2018. It would probably have happened sooner if it wasn't for that year in France where even vegetarianism seemed quite avant-garde. I now live in Berlin which is a great place for veganism... well okay, if all these places are open again. Then again, there was so much great cooking lately, my gf being a vegan Indian and my flatmate's vegan too. Cool to see that there was apparently a shift towards veganism in this forum too.

Looking at the last couple of posts I recommend trying the pizza dough yourself next time, not much of an effort and it can single-handedly take the pizza up on the next level. You only need to wait for a while, best to make it the day before or in the morning when you bake it in the evening. And I can highly recommend cauliflower buffalo wings, never tried a tofu version but my flatmate's cauliflower version was simply amazing.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 9:02 am

I was planning on making KFC style cauliflower this week but I forgot to buy the cauliflower :rolleyes: so I went with the tofu thing. I've got it in the oven now, but I suck at crumbing stuff coz the crumbs never stick so we'll see how this all goes...

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 9:42 am

I made a litttle too much food but turned out good:
SpoilerShow
Followed this recipe: https://www.thecuriouschickpea.com/cris ... ofu-wings/ but used sweet chili sauce because we can’t handle spice.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 19th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Melvelet wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am
Melvelet wrote:
I consider myself a vegeterian since a few months (a low-meat period before that). If a eat meat (once or maybe twice a month) it's when I eat at a restaurant - occasionally running sushi and Asian duck (I love Asian food but vegeterian dishes are just the same as non-vegetarian ones with the best part missing -> 50/50 for me) or when there's no decent vegeterian dish. But I tend to eat more Indian food (which is great for vegetarian food) now.

Almost five years later: I went fully vegetarian during the months after this post and have been a vegan since October 2018. It would probably have happened sooner if it wasn't for that year in France where even vegetarianism seemed quite avant-garde. I now live in Berlin which is a great place for veganism... well okay, if all these places are open again. Then again, there was so much great cooking lately, my gf being a vegan Indian and my flatmate's vegan too. Cool to see that there was apparently a shift towards veganism in this forum too.
(l) :hug: :wub:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 19th, 2020, 12:55 pm

mightysparks wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 9:42 am
I made a litttle too much food but turned out good:
SpoilerShow
Followed this recipe: https://www.thecuriouschickpea.com/cris ... ofu-wings/ but used sweet chili sauce because we can’t handle spice.
That's a half-portion :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » May 19th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Melvelet wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am
Melvelet wrote:

Yay! I'm happy for you and the animals, Mellie!
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 20th, 2020, 7:18 am

MOS Burger is rolling out their new Green Burger pretty much nationwide in Japan starting tomorrow.

Here's an English language article I found from when they started testing it out in 9 select locations a couple of months ago:
https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/mos- ... ger-033120

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 25th, 2020, 6:27 am

Grabbed a couple of these vegan protein bars while I was grocery shopping today

This was the flavour I happened to try today. It was surprisingly good (surprising because protein bars are normally horrible). Not a great calorie/protein ratio (165 cal, 10g protein) and they are a bit pricey ($3 for one), but it was yummy and satisfying. Doesn't taste like a protein bar at all, though I find the ones that are under 15g protein are generally decent and when you hit 20g+ they taste like poo.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 25th, 2020, 9:45 am

How do you know how poo tastes? :o

I need to try a protein bar sometime if I can find one.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 25th, 2020, 12:49 pm

I can only assume they taste similar. The high protein ones have almost no flavour are really thick and sickly. I can only get about halfway through one before I feel like I’m gonna chuck.

On a more pleasant note, I made this vegan meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was pretty good: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-lentil-nut-meatloaf/

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 29th, 2020, 7:00 pm

I've now been vegan 2 years (it's been this much since I watched Earthlings).
It's also the 10 year anniversary of watching Food Inc, although I'm not sure if I quit eating flesh before or after end of summer when I'd watched the Franju short.
The IMDb data I once managed to DL from there came in handy in finding out those dates.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » June 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm

I am already having abnormalities showing on my labs again, about a year or so after I set out on this quest to gradually become vegan.
This is the second time this has happened in my life when eliminating animal products, and the other time I was much younger, so I think my body chemistry/genetics are to blame. Not sure I can continue on with this without ultimately risking my overall health.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 22nd, 2020, 8:28 pm

That's sad.

But my answer is NO to doing any of the following to improve my life:
eat dead humans
eat poop
rob an orphanage
use and order slave labor

so the equivalent gets the same treatment.

Have you tried supplementation or diet change?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

sebby

Post by sebby » June 22nd, 2020, 9:33 pm

peeptoad wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm
I am already having abnormalities showing on my labs again, about a year or so after I set out on this quest to gradually become vegan.
This is the second time this has happened in my life when eliminating animal products, and the other time I was much younger, so I think my body chemistry/genetics are to blame. Not sure I can continue on with this without ultimately risking my overall health.
What are the abnormalities? A lot of new vegans undernourish unintentionally bc for many it's a radical change and so it's a bit like being a babe lost in the woods for a while. Usually supplementation and eating fortified foods (nut milks and what not) takes care of 99% of issues until you figure out the lay of the land.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » June 23rd, 2020, 1:04 pm

Armoreska wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 8:28 pm

Have you tried supplementation or diet change?
sebby wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 9:33 pm
peeptoad wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm
What are the abnormalities? A lot of new vegans undernourish unintentionally bc for many it's a radical change and so it's a bit like being a babe lost in the woods for a while. Usually supplementation and eating fortified foods (nut milks and what not) takes care of 99% of issues until you figure out the lay of the land.
I am in the process of modifying my diet right now (I am about a week in) before I give up. I can't say I feel any better in a week and my energy is lower, so not sure this will work longterm. I preemptively started taking supplements last year since I suspected this would happen.

What was off:
RDW-SD was high, which means I likely have a deficiency of iron or B12 (my B12 was not tested separately). My ferritin was normal/low-normal and I have been taking B12 supplements for the last 9 months (since I really removed most or all animal products). It still could be B12 or iron since I have problems (historically) absorbing most supplements.

The real concern for me though is that my total cholesterol went up 100 points in less than a year and my triglycerides doubled (from ~40 to almost 100). This happened before when I was vegetarian and not eating much dairy. It was nowhere near as bad as it is now though (even though I was veg for 15 years straight), but I am also 25 years older now too. My LDL also shot up nearly 75 points from where it was before. That might have been due to using coconut oil to cook with and I stopped that and went back to straight olive oil only. I was never using a lot of coconut though (like 1 tablespoon for cooking), so not sure it's a factor in this.

I think the problem may be that I have real problem digesting carbohydrates. That's why a couple of pages ago I was asking for plant protein recommendations since almost everything that gets substituted for animal protein is higher in carbs. The only legume that I can seem to tolerate is soybeans. All other beans cause me problems and I think it may be the load of starch they produce and its affect on my liver? Just a guess. Quinoa I think it causing the same issue since it's higher carb even though it contains protein.
I do not eat large amounts normally of rice, bread, or pasta so I don't think those are causing a problem, but I 100% eliminated bread over the last 2 weeks anyway. I only eat that stuff maybe 1-2 weekly so I can't say that's the issue.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 25th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Tres compliquez. Thanks for the info.

My blood tests have never been anywhere close to perfectly in range.
8/46 values out of range.
6 more at the edge of range (although that may also be good in some cases).

Try completely oil-free, like me? Although my chol is close to perfect and with low Trigs (38) even before oil free.
Did you check Vitamin D? The test costs a shit ton! Mine's basically out of range but I'm getting much more sun now.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » June 26th, 2020, 3:48 pm

It does seem overly complicated. I wanted to go vegan mainly for sustainability reasons and also I just don't like meat and dairy very much anyway. I haven't eaten anything other than chicken or fish since ~1995 except for two years in about a decade ago when I was first diagnosed with some of the same problems I am having again. I was very glad to go back to not eating meat and have phased out the fish and chicken again, but now... I don't know what to do.
My lab work honestly scared me because it made me feel unhealthy and at risk for about the first time in my life. My cholesterol was so high is gave me real pause with this and caused me to research a lot more.

What I have found is that triglycerides, in particular, are not affected by dietary fat, but by fructose, starch and carbohydrates in general. The "rice and beans' that provide whole protein source for vegans also can cause carb overload (and resulting increase in triglycerides) in the liver of certain people. If this goes unchecked it can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease because the carbs cause excess fat to be stored in the liver, damaging it.

My LDL going up likely was related more to saturated fat, which I eat little of since I don't eat any red meat, and eliminated cheese, yogurt and eggs several months ago.
Two things that might be to blame: chocolate and coconut oil. I eliminated both 3 weeks ago. I barely ate any coconut oil anyway (chocolate maybe twice a week, but I stopped that too).
The only other oil I consume is olive oil and I doubt that's a cause... too much research and my own anecdotal experience says otherwise to me on that one.

Thankfully I don't have a problem with vegetables, except I guess potatoes. For 3 weeks I've been living on non-starchy vegetables, tofu/soy, and tree nuts.
I didn't get vit D checked, but I also get sun and pretty regularly go outdoors for exercise, etc.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » June 26th, 2020, 3:53 pm

One more thing: I do wonder if blood type is a factor in this. I have type O blood. :shrug:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/die ... 7051211678

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 27th, 2020, 12:01 am

I’m type 0 but that description of food doesn’t sound appealing. High protein diets leave me constipated and I have no issues eating high amounts of ‘grains, beans and legumes’. I also don’t have a sensitive stomach and don’t really like red meats (chicken is the only meat I still ever think about). I’ve only been vegetarian a year and a half but haven’t had any issues so far but I’m still eating dairy. Kinda just sounds like astrology to me.

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » June 27th, 2020, 1:35 am

For the first time in three and a half months, I ate a place that wasn't my dinner table tonight. A nice little Italian restaurant in Soho. Holy hell it did a number on me. I think I've just had so little culinary variety for so long (I've been eating little besides meatloaf, a simple salad, a simple wrap, and scrambled eggs all this time) that my stomach had problems. But it was fucking delicious. Arancini with beef and then cavatelli in a lamb ragu.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 27th, 2020, 11:12 am

blocho wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 1:35 am
For the first time in three and a half months, I ate a place that wasn't my dinner table tonight. A nice little Italian restaurant in Soho. Holy hell it did a number on me. I think I've just had so little culinary variety for so long (I've been eating little besides meatloaf, a simple salad, a simple wrap, and scrambled eggs all this time) that my stomach had problems. But it was fucking delicious. Arancini with beef and then cavatelli in a lamb ragu.
(u)
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » June 27th, 2020, 12:27 pm

mightysparks wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 12:01 am
I’m type 0 but that description of food doesn’t sound appealing.
No, it doesn't. I agree it seems like pseudo-science clap, but maybe the general point is that nobody's body is the same as the person next to them, so we all must find what works best for us individually.
Hopefully what ultimately works best for me is not the type of meal blocho just consumed. :D