Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: South Asia (Results), Doubling the Canon (Results), 1950s (May 24th), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

Do you eat meat?

Post Reply
User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 1933
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

Re: Do you eat meat?

#361

Post by peeptoad » April 6th, 2020, 7:00 pm

Image

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 1933
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#362

Post by peeptoad » April 6th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Image

allisoncm
Posts: 16457
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#363

Post by allisoncm » April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am

peeptoad wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm
allisoncm wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
There are a ton of good vegan cheeses... Chao...
Been meaning to mention that I tried this one ("creamy original") and it's quite good, esp in a vegan grinder (i.e. submarine sandwich). Tried one other vegan cheese so far, Daiya shredded "mozzarella" and I was less enthusiastic, but it wasn't bad. I'll keep looking for a better mozz-replacement...
peeptoad, yes, Daiya can be hit or miss for me. Slightly melted is good. If it cooks too long, it'll be liquidy. For Daiya, it must say non-GMO or I won't get it. They've had iffy labeling in the past and they were sold off a couple years back to a parent company that seems to care less about health. I haven't bought Chao in awhile, but haven't ever had a problem with them.

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 1933
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#364

Post by peeptoad » April 14th, 2020, 11:52 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am
peeptoad wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm
allisoncm wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
There are a ton of good vegan cheeses... Chao...
Been meaning to mention that I tried this one ("creamy original") and it's quite good, esp in a vegan grinder (i.e. submarine sandwich). Tried one other vegan cheese so far, Daiya shredded "mozzarella" and I was less enthusiastic, but it wasn't bad. I'll keep looking for a better mozz-replacement...
peeptoad, yes, Daiya can be hit or miss for me. Slightly melted is good. If it cooks too long, it'll be liquidy. For Daiya, it must say non-GMO or I won't get it. They've had iffy labeling in the past and they were sold off a couple years back to a parent company that seems to care less about health. I haven't bought Chao in awhile, but haven't ever had a problem with them.
Good to know on Daiya(esp. the labeling), thanks. That one time I cooked with it it did get really hot; it was in a 400 degree oven with marinara and tempeh and got pretty watery. I also got around to melting the Chao stuff on some toast and it took longer than regular cheese, but it had a nice texture and could pass for a halfway decent grilled cheese. ;)

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 6317
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#365

Post by sebby » April 16th, 2020, 4:33 am

I wish I could remember the name of the one good vegan cheese I've had. Melted and tasted like the stuff made from cow fluids. Daiya has never appealed to me.

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#366

Post by Armoreska » April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am

The only plant cheese I ever had was good. Ppl should try living at least a month without any kind of processed food, oil, salt or spices. Then everything will taste heavenly.

Been going a month on just grains, seeds & veggies (no beans challenge).
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

allisoncm
Posts: 16457
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#367

Post by allisoncm » April 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm

peeptoad wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 11:52 am
allisoncm wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 4:15 am
peeptoad wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm


Been meaning to mention that I tried this one ("creamy original") and it's quite good, esp in a vegan grinder (i.e. submarine sandwich). Tried one other vegan cheese so far, Daiya shredded "mozzarella" and I was less enthusiastic, but it wasn't bad. I'll keep looking for a better mozz-replacement...
peeptoad, yes, Daiya can be hit or miss for me. Slightly melted is good. If it cooks too long, it'll be liquidy. For Daiya, it must say non-GMO or I won't get it. They've had iffy labeling in the past and they were sold off a couple years back to a parent company that seems to care less about health. I haven't bought Chao in awhile, but haven't ever had a problem with them.
Good to know on Daiya(esp. the labeling), thanks. That one time I cooked with it it did get really hot; it was in a 400 degree oven with marinara and tempeh and got pretty watery. I also got around to melting the Chao stuff on some toast and it took longer than regular cheese, but it had a nice texture and could pass for a halfway decent grilled cheese. ;)
Oh yeah, when baking stuff in the oven, sometimes I will set a timer and put the cheese on the dish when 10 mins. are remaining. It works so that the cheese doesn't get over-cooked!

allisoncm
Posts: 16457
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#368

Post by allisoncm » April 22nd, 2020, 10:35 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am
The only plant cheese I ever had was good. Ppl should try living at least a month without any kind of processed food, oil, salt or spices. Then everything will taste heavenly.

Been going a month on just grains, seeds & veggies (no beans challenge).
I have not been eating beans for awhile too. Looking at Dr. Michael Greger's recommendations (https://nutritionfacts.org/), I guess beans are part of the daily recommendation. I have been meaning to cook more beans, but they're a pain. I have some backup beans in case of an emergency. I also (before the quarantine) was cutting out bread and limiting grains as much as possible. I got so hungry! I have a mix of quinoa, lentils, rice, and some gluten-free pasta to alternate while in quarantine. Been wanting to stick to veggies and fruits as much as possible, but sometimes it's so hard to get full! I'd love to be raw vegan, but I also have to do more research to do that safely and to get enough calories.

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#369

Post by Armoreska » April 23rd, 2020, 1:52 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:35 pm
Armoreska wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am
The only plant cheese I ever had was good. Ppl should try living at least a month without any kind of processed food, oil, salt or spices. Then everything will taste heavenly.

Been going a month on just grains, seeds & veggies (no beans challenge).
I have not been eating beans for awhile too. Looking at Dr. Michael Greger's recommendations (https://nutritionfacts.org/), I guess beans are part of the daily recommendation. I have been meaning to cook more beans, but they're a pain. I have some backup beans in case of an emergency. I also (before the quarantine) was cutting out bread and limiting grains as much as possible. I got so hungry! I have a mix of quinoa, lentils, rice, and some gluten-free pasta to alternate while in quarantine. Been wanting to stick to veggies and fruits as much as possible, but sometimes it's so hard to get full! I'd love to be raw vegan, but I also have to do more research to do that safely and to get enough calories.
At least you can eat fruits. Best kept to minimum for me.
I'm having lots of grains, including gluten which seems to be a digestive problem more often than not. Also back to doing beans now.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

allisoncm
Posts: 16457
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#370

Post by allisoncm » April 23rd, 2020, 2:25 am

Sorry to hear about fruits. Any that agree with you?

I find that gluten-free is best or at least organic when dealing with things like wheat.

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#371

Post by Armoreska » April 23rd, 2020, 9:38 am

allisoncm wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 2:25 am
Sorry to hear about fruits. Any that agree with you?
Small amounts. If I eat a kilo I may get dehydrated.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#372

Post by mightysparks » April 24th, 2020, 10:45 am

I've never been a big pizza person, but I was craving pizza and didn't want to order one so we decided to make one for dinner tonight. Been saving my calories all day for this. Didn't make the base, but pizza sauce, pizza cheese, barbecue sauce, tomato, pineapple, vegetarian mince, mushrooms, basil/oregano/thyme/onion powder/salt/pepper. Made a spinach, feta, tomato, sweet potato salad to go with it. About 900 calories for the whole plate. Was probably the best pizza I've ever had and I'm absolutely stuffed.

Image
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#373

Post by mightysparks » April 30th, 2020, 12:55 am

mm forgot about that pizza. We had it three nights in a row lol. Our latest obsession is this un-photogenic sandwich:

Image

I've barely eaten bread since becoming vegetarian since the only things I ate with bread were vegemite toast (which I got bored of) and chicken and mayo sandwiches, but I saw a pic of this sandwich on Reddit and decided to give it a go.

Multigrain bread, one side layered with hummus and the other ricotta (supposed to be avocado but I forgot to buy some...), tomato and cucumber, a slice of Monterey Jack, a slice of Mozzarella, alfalfa and shredded carrot. I actually hate cucumber and cold carrot but the whole sandwich is just so wholesome and filling and delicious and it's all I want to eat all day.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#374

Post by Armoreska » May 3rd, 2020, 4:43 pm

Ticked off vegan ice cream off my bucket list of trying vegan alternatives after going to store last night/morning. Only vegan milk chocolate, condensed milk, some kind of layer cake and advanced meat alternative left, I think.
also already tried mayo, sour cream, yogurt, cheap burger, a few kinds of sausage and cheese and a few kinds of mini cake.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 1933
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#375

Post by peeptoad » May 3rd, 2020, 5:46 pm

Armoreska wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 4:43 pm
Ticked off vegan ice cream off my bucket list of trying vegan alternatives after going to store last night/morning. Only vegan milk chocolate, condensed milk, some kind of layer cake and advanced meat alternative left, I think.
also already tried mayo, sour cream, yogurt, cheap burger, a few kinds of sausage and cheese and a few kinds of mini cake.
This is the best "sausage" I've had so far, though I know you're not really into the processed type of replacements (which is good)…I don't eat it very often as it's pretty salty (and also not cheap):
Image


I am actually going to try out some of the blue zone recipes going forward (which are almost entirely vegan) since I already cook in a similar manner anyway, and many of those touch on parts of my heritage. Problem I'm having right now is the paucity of leafy green vegetables due to the current situation. Last two times at the store I couldn't get anything (spinach, kale, chard) in either fresh or frozen form. Hopefully that was an anomaly and not what the future is going to bring.

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 6317
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#376

Post by sebby » May 3rd, 2020, 10:46 pm

Tofurky is good enough for me when i fix me up a chicago style hot dog once or twice a year. i've tried field roast but man, they really just shoehorn in too much flavor into their products for my liking. overwhelms the palette.

allisoncm
Posts: 16457
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#377

Post by allisoncm » May 4th, 2020, 2:18 am

Tofurky isn't my favorite (I had it a couple of times when I first went vegan). I prefer Lightlife or Beyond Meat sausage. Field Roast is okay too, but I prefer their cheese.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#378

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 7:08 am

My boyfriend was craving salami the other day and then the next day i was stocktaking a supermarket which had vegan salami, and some other interesting things so I grabbed those. My bf almost threw up after trying the salami. I thought it was edible if it was the only thing left lying around. It kinda had a salami aftertaste but was weird and slimy and the wrong texture. I also grabbed some vegan jerky and just tried some. It’s interesting. The texture is convincing when you first take a bite but it’s a little sweet and seems weird after a while. It’s not bad though, I quite like it. Trying some ‘buffalo wing style but not spicy’ tofu thing tonight which I’m hoping is gonna be good.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 1992
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#379

Post by Melvelet » May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am

Melvelet wrote:
September 5th, 2015, 4:11 pm
"I am mostly vegetarian but occasionally eat meat."
I consider myself a vegeterian since a few months (a low-meat period before that). If a eat meat (once or maybe twice a month) it's when I eat at a restaurant - occasionally running sushi and Asian duck (I love Asian food but vegeterian dishes are just the same as non-vegetarian ones with the best part missing -> 50/50 for me) or when there's no decent vegeterian dish. But I tend to eat more Indian food (which is great for vegetarian food) now.

Couldn't say that I feel like something's missing :)
Almost five years later: I went fully vegetarian during the months after this post and have been a vegan since October 2018. It would probably have happened sooner if it wasn't for that year in France where even vegetarianism seemed quite avant-garde. I now live in Berlin which is a great place for veganism... well okay, if all these places are open again. Then again, there was so much great cooking lately, my gf being a vegan Indian and my flatmate's vegan too. Cool to see that there was apparently a shift towards veganism in this forum too.

Looking at the last couple of posts I recommend trying the pizza dough yourself next time, not much of an effort and it can single-handedly take the pizza up on the next level. You only need to wait for a while, best to make it the day before or in the morning when you bake it in the evening. And I can highly recommend cauliflower buffalo wings, never tried a tofu version but my flatmate's cauliflower version was simply amazing.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#380

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 9:02 am

I was planning on making KFC style cauliflower this week but I forgot to buy the cauliflower :rolleyes: so I went with the tofu thing. I've got it in the oven now, but I suck at crumbing stuff coz the crumbs never stick so we'll see how this all goes...
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#381

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2020, 9:42 am

I made a litttle too much food but turned out good:
SpoilerShow
Image
Followed this recipe: https://www.thecuriouschickpea.com/cris ... ofu-wings/ but used sweet chili sauce because we can’t handle spice.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#382

Post by Armoreska » May 19th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Melvelet wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am
Melvelet wrote:
September 5th, 2015, 4:11 pm
"I am mostly vegetarian but occasionally eat meat."
I consider myself a vegeterian since a few months (a low-meat period before that). If a eat meat (once or maybe twice a month) it's when I eat at a restaurant - occasionally running sushi and Asian duck (I love Asian food but vegeterian dishes are just the same as non-vegetarian ones with the best part missing -> 50/50 for me) or when there's no decent vegeterian dish. But I tend to eat more Indian food (which is great for vegetarian food) now.

Couldn't say that I feel like something's missing :)
Almost five years later: I went fully vegetarian during the months after this post and have been a vegan since October 2018. It would probably have happened sooner if it wasn't for that year in France where even vegetarianism seemed quite avant-garde. I now live in Berlin which is a great place for veganism... well okay, if all these places are open again. Then again, there was so much great cooking lately, my gf being a vegan Indian and my flatmate's vegan too. Cool to see that there was apparently a shift towards veganism in this forum too.
(l) :hug: :wub:
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#383

Post by Armoreska » May 19th, 2020, 12:55 pm

mightysparks wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 9:42 am
I made a litttle too much food but turned out good:
SpoilerShow
Image
Followed this recipe: https://www.thecuriouschickpea.com/cris ... ofu-wings/ but used sweet chili sauce because we can’t handle spice.
That's a half-portion :lol:
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3739
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#384

Post by Lammetje » May 19th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Melvelet wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:48 am
Melvelet wrote:
September 5th, 2015, 4:11 pm
"I am mostly vegetarian but occasionally eat meat."
I consider myself a vegeterian since a few months (a low-meat period before that). If a eat meat (once or maybe twice a month) it's when I eat at a restaurant - occasionally running sushi and Asian duck (I love Asian food but vegeterian dishes are just the same as non-vegetarian ones with the best part missing -> 50/50 for me) or when there's no decent vegeterian dish. But I tend to eat more Indian food (which is great for vegetarian food) now.

Couldn't say that I feel like something's missing :)
Almost five years later: I went fully vegetarian during the months after this post and have been a vegan since October 2018. It would probably have happened sooner if it wasn't for that year in France where even vegetarianism seemed quite avant-garde. I now live in Berlin which is a great place for veganism... well okay, if all these places are open again. Then again, there was so much great cooking lately, my gf being a vegan Indian and my flatmate's vegan too. Cool to see that there was apparently a shift towards veganism in this forum too.
Yay! I'm happy for you and the animals, Mellie!
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
weirdboy
Donator
Posts: 3701
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
Contact:

#385

Post by weirdboy » May 20th, 2020, 7:18 am

MOS Burger is rolling out their new Green Burger pretty much nationwide in Japan starting tomorrow.

Here's an English language article I found from when they started testing it out in 9 select locations a couple of months ago:
https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/mos- ... ger-033120

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#386

Post by mightysparks » Yesterday, 6:27 am

Grabbed a couple of these vegan protein bars while I was grocery shopping today

Image

This was the flavour I happened to try today. It was surprisingly good (surprising because protein bars are normally horrible). Not a great calorie/protein ratio (165 cal, 10g protein) and they are a bit pricey ($3 for one), but it was yummy and satisfying. Doesn't taste like a protein bar at all, though I find the ones that are under 15g protein are generally decent and when you hit 20g+ they taste like poo.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11773
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#387

Post by Armoreska » Yesterday, 9:45 am

How do you know how poo tastes? :o

I need to try a protein bar sometime if I can find one.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30459
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#388

Post by mightysparks » Yesterday, 12:49 pm

I can only assume they taste similar. The high protein ones have almost no flavour are really thick and sickly. I can only get about halfway through one before I feel like I’m gonna chuck.

On a more pleasant note, I made this vegan meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was pretty good: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-lentil-nut-meatloaf/
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Post Reply