Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

LGBTQQIAAP ICM

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Re: LGBTQQIAAP ICM

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm

Wtf is this

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » March 31st, 2020, 6:36 pm

I have a hard time believing that it's a true story. Feels more like someone's fantasy of how they wanted a situation to end up. My opinion of it is that it's utter tripe.

That channel is odd; seems very clickbaity under the guise of "telling people's stories".

Cocoa
Donator

Post by Cocoa » May 26th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Costa Rica becomes the sixth country in Latin America to allow same-sex marriages :party:

https://www.openlynews.com/i/?id=35bef0 ... a5268aa7c8

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 27th, 2020, 8:58 am

:banana:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Cocoa
Donator

Post by Cocoa » June 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled today that an employer cannot fire an individual for merely being gay or transgender. :party: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/1 ... 8_hfci.pdf

It was a 6-3 decision with Gorsuch and Roberts forming the majority with the four liberal justices.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » June 15th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I have to admit I was quite stunned, but then again know that one can't peg justices until they're on the court and issuing rulings. 6 to 3 was quite incredible and I'm certain people on the right are going to whine about court activism, but it really might be a cause for some hope.

Especially interesting though is how someone campaigned on being the candidate to 'protect' the LGB community (can't remember if there were any promises made for Trans - kind of doubt it) and yet this administration argued that employers should have the right to fire employees simply because they are LGB, not to mention hiding behind 'faith' as a means to legitimize discrimination. Yup, that's how you protect people in this America. (At least Bush was honest about being anti-LGBT, but the Great Liar never fails us, does he?)

Wonder if this means the court isn't going to look favorably on other attempts to erode LGBT protections and rights - especially curious how this will play out for other cases affecting the community.

Maybe there is hope for Roe v Wade too, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, about the best news I've seen in at least two weeks.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » July 1st, 2020, 8:53 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:41 am
Haha ganster

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 13th, 2020, 2:13 am

The Dutch are writing LGBTQ rights into their constitution

still needs to be approved by the upper house AND then go through both houses during the next parliament - still interesting

also appears homosexuality is on the verge of decriminalization in Gabon

sol can find me here

Chilton

Post by Chilton » July 13th, 2020, 10:54 pm

xianjiro wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 2:13 am

still needs to be approved by the upper house AND then go through both houses during the next parliament - still interesting

Meanwhile Andrzej Duda got re-elected as Polish President on an agenda of anti-LGBT rhetoric. :angry:

Two steps forward, one step back....

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 13th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Chilton wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 10:54 pm
xianjiro wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 2:13 am

Meanwhile Andrzej Duda got re-elected as Polish President on an agenda of anti-LGBT rhetoric. :angry:

Two steps forward, one step back....
yeah, 😭 I was hoping they wouldn't go down that road and wonder if maybe the small margin might make it a bit harder to claim a mandate, but I don't know enough about Polish politics. Still, sad and I know this will be another thorn in the EU.

Maybe the old Warsaw Pact states will come around in another 20 or 50 years, but most all pretty depressing when it comes to LGBTQ rights.

I'm glad I neither want nor need to travel to such places and just hope they don't resort to anti-queer pogroms.

sol can find me here