Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

LGBTQQIAAP ICM

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Re: LGBTQQIAAP ICM

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm

Wtf is this

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » March 31st, 2020, 6:36 pm

I have a hard time believing that it's a true story. Feels more like someone's fantasy of how they wanted a situation to end up. My opinion of it is that it's utter tripe.

That channel is odd; seems very clickbaity under the guise of "telling people's stories".

Cocoa
Donator

Post by Cocoa » May 26th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Costa Rica becomes the sixth country in Latin America to allow same-sex marriages :party:

https://www.openlynews.com/i/?id=35bef0 ... a5268aa7c8

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 27th, 2020, 8:58 am

:banana:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Cocoa
Donator

Post by Cocoa » June 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled today that an employer cannot fire an individual for merely being gay or transgender. :party: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/1 ... 8_hfci.pdf

It was a 6-3 decision with Gorsuch and Roberts forming the majority with the four liberal justices.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » June 15th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I have to admit I was quite stunned, but then again know that one can't peg justices until they're on the court and issuing rulings. 6 to 3 was quite incredible and I'm certain people on the right are going to whine about court activism, but it really might be a cause for some hope.

Especially interesting though is how someone campaigned on being the candidate to 'protect' the LGB community (can't remember if there were any promises made for Trans - kind of doubt it) and yet this administration argued that employers should have the right to fire employees simply because they are LGB, not to mention hiding behind 'faith' as a means to legitimize discrimination. Yup, that's how you protect people in this America. (At least Bush was honest about being anti-LGBT, but the Great Liar never fails us, does he?)

Wonder if this means the court isn't going to look favorably on other attempts to erode LGBT protections and rights - especially curious how this will play out for other cases affecting the community.

Maybe there is hope for Roe v Wade too, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, about the best news I've seen in at least two weeks.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » July 1st, 2020, 8:53 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:41 am
Haha ganster