Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Finding a Job

Lammetje
Donator

Finding a Job

Post by Lammetje » May 14th, 2015, 4:57 pm

We've got this Polish girl at work who gets in before anyone else.
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
We call her "Krakow Dawn".
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » May 14th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Lammetje on May 14 2015, 10:57:28 AM wrote:We've got this Polish girl at work who gets in before anyone else.
Out of curiosity, what time is considered early at your office?

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » May 14th, 2015, 5:31 pm

zuma on May 14 2015, 11:04:43 AM wrote:
Lammetje on May 14 2015, 10:57:28 AM wrote:We've got this Polish girl at work who gets in before anyone else.
I haven't started working yet. Or is this another pun I'm not getting? :sweat:

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

HVM

Post by HVM » May 14th, 2015, 5:51 pm

Is she from Cracow? Sounds like that. Austria-Hungary going strong a hundred years on! (The rumour has it Franz Joseph I. had poor sleep, hence the working day in the Empire started at 6 a.m. It's still observed around here if you have a factory job.)

(Also, I find the joke funny.)
1918 - 100 - 2018

zuma
Donator

Post by zuma » May 14th, 2015, 6:15 pm

Lammetje on May 14 2015, 11:31:14 AM wrote:
zuma on May 14 2015, 11:04:43 AM wrote:
No pun. Just curious to see what people consider early.

My office is notorious for early arriving employees. If you walk in at 8:30am at least one of these early-birds will say "Good afternoon!" to you.

drbop

Post by drbop » May 15th, 2015, 6:36 am

zuma on May 14 2015, 12:15:10 PM wrote:
Lammetje on May 14 2015, 11:31:14 AM wrote:
zuma on May 14 2015, 11:04:43 AM wrote: Out of curiosity, what time is considered early at your office?
No pun. Just curious to see what people consider early.

My office is notorious for early arriving employees. If you walk in at 8:30am at least one of these early-birds will say "Good afternoon!" to you.
I could get that at my work, but half of us live on the US west coast and half on the east coast.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 18th, 2015, 10:28 pm

In Ukraine job find you
So prepare to see me check less movies from now on. Like drammatticcally less
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 18th, 2015, 10:38 pm

Armoreska on Aug 18 2015, 04:28:51 PM wrote:In Ukraine job find you
That's good news!
...because now you've got more trouble catching up with me in the rankings. :whistling:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 18th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Fa! You're so slow I can catch you in my sleep
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 18th, 2015, 10:47 pm

Armoreska on Aug 18 2015, 04:44:16 PM wrote:Fa! You're so slow I can catch you in my sleep
You watch movies while sleeping? :o
CHEETAH! :angry:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Kowry

Post by Kowry » August 18th, 2015, 10:58 pm

I hope I finish my thesis soon and find a job, so I can at least spend my evenings watching films (maybe).

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 18th, 2015, 11:19 pm

joachimt on Aug 18 2015, 04:47:09 PM wrote:
Armoreska on Aug 18 2015, 04:44:16 PM wrote:Fa! You're so slow I can catch you in my sleep
You watch movies while sleeping? :o
CHEETAH! :angry:
2 words. Dream projector. But you've not heard it from me.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 19th, 2015, 7:21 pm

Congrats! :thumbsup: Is it a full-time job?

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 19th, 2015, 7:55 pm

Lammetje on Aug 19 2015, 01:21:08 PM wrote:
correct
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 19th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Congrats, Armoreska!

You'll be surprised at just how drammatticcally your movie watching drops...!
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » August 19th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Armoreska on Aug 19 2015, 01:55:07 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Aug 19 2015, 01:21:08 PM wrote:
correct
Is congrats in order or are you drafted by the Ukrainian army?

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 19th, 2015, 9:57 pm

jvv on Aug 19 2015, 02:51:21 PM wrote:
Armoreska on Aug 19 2015, 01:55:07 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Aug 19 2015, 01:21:08 PM wrote:Congrats! :thumbsup: Is it a full-time job?
correct
Is congrats in order or are you drafted by the Ukrainian army?
:ph43r:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 17th, 2016, 8:52 pm

This post is a lot longer than I expected so here's a shorter version: Looking to start career. Should I consider part time jobs and get paid less than my current job and probably not enough to move out, or just hold on and stick with looking for full time jobs.

I guess I need some quick advice. I'm on seasonal layoff again and am on employment insurance (well not yet, it's being processed now). Almost done with school so I'm starting to look for work. It is the worst time of the year now to look for work cause everyone graduated like 2-3 weeks ago, but that's not what I'm wondering.

What I'm thinking is, should I also be on the lookout for part time work? I will obviously only take a part time job that will pay more than employment insurance. Problem is that I'll definitely get paid less than my current job so I still won't be able to move out. But it'll provide me with some experience needed for a full time job afterwards.

I did the math and if I take a full time job that pays $3 less per hour, I'll make around the same amount (considering the hours and the layoff period). So I'm thinking that maybe I should only look for full time work. The problem with that is that there will be less opportunities, and they probably require experience.

The other problem is that if I do go back to my job in September (I will if I won't find work), it's definitely going to fuck up my job hunting. If they call me for a phone interview, that phone call will make up and I'll have to do the interview on my bed and still 99% asleep. If I have to go for a job interview, that's one night of sleep gone.

And there's the fact that I still have one more class left. Although I'll be able to finish this class in around 2-3 weeks because it's a fucking joke, I probably won't be able to get my certificate until the class is officially done. Employers might be like noooo you don't have that sheet of paper! Even if the class I'm taking will make no difference with my qualifications for that job (this class is on a piece of software).

Temporary contracts by agencies can go fuck off. Only unless it aligns well with my current job because I am not gonna lose my current job for a temporary job, and I'm not gonna lose my employment insurance for a few weeks of work.

I'm also only going to look for jobs related to finance (accounting, bookkeeping or payroll). These classes made me realize that I have the right mindset for this work, and although it's boring as hell I can live it. I'm basically looking to start my career.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 17th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Short answer, depends on the job and the hours. Having EI means you can hold out a bit, so yeah, don't take a part time or temp job that pays less than that. Temp jobs that are just a couple of weeks don't seem like they're worth it to you, but one that is 6 months or a year or something like that may be worthwhile if it pays ok and gives you good experience.

No one's going to care that you're missing a class. They'll probably make your employment conditional on finishing that class in x amount of time, but if they want you they'll hire you. You're not supposed to wait until you have your degree in hand to look for jobs.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 17th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Part-time jobs that are in the field you studied in and want to have a career in; definitely yes. You need to get experience and need any opportunity to get some. Besides that part-time job might lead to more, it will give you new openings inside that company or at other ones. Having a foot in helps a lot when you're looking for jobs. Like you said yourself most fulltime jobs will require experience, so it will be hard to get one. I would even advice you to also go for temporary jobs, not the ones for a few weeks (those indeed aren't worth it), but ones for a few months or a year. And maybe also ones that aren't through agencies. That also gives you experience and openings to other jobs.
Simply said I would advice you to get any kind of job that last awhile which will give you experience. Experience now so you can get a good full time job down the road is more important than having enough money to move out right now. (Unless the conditions at home are so extremely terrible you really have to move out asap).

If you are only a few weeks from graduating (if I understand correctly) I would be amazed if employers will fall over the fact you have to do one little class still. It's very common for students to look for jobs before they officially graduated. Besides if it really is just a few weeks you probably will have your papers before you get to an interview if you apply for a job today.

That all said, this is from a Dutch perspective, I don't know the real in-and-outs for the Canadian situation.
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on May 17th, 2016, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 17th, 2016, 9:23 pm

The class won't be done until August, and this college is weird. You gotta wait for your marks to come in, and then apply for a graduation. But I'm flying through it now, especially because there's a final project instead of a final exam, so I don't have to wait till August anyways. If I can't get my marks early, while applying I'll just mention the fact that I still have one class left, but I "unofficially" finished it.

This class is important for work. Like 90% of job openings I see ask for knowledge in this program. That's also why I'm flying through it.

Yea for temp jobs I would only apply for stuff that would make me eligible for employment insurance which is a little less than 700 hours of work, so 6+ months should be safe enough. I keep hearing that agencies that give out jobs like these are cancer and cut your pay, so I won't use them.

That's what I was thinking for part time work. Higher pay than EI, but lower pay than my current job. I'll take the sacrifice of going a few steps down the ladder when transferring to another career ladder. I just don't wanna go back down to the ground.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on May 17th, 2016, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 17th, 2016, 9:30 pm

It also does depend on how the job market is in your field. If there's an abundance in jobs but very few qualified people (like when you're a IT developer) it's easier to wait for a perfect fulltime job. But in your field there's probably plenty of completion for a few openings, so you should be easier satisfied.

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » May 17th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Also, don't dismiss job opportunities because you don't qualify for everything they ask. Most job advertisements are for an "ideal" candidate, which very few (if any) job applicants are. For instance my first job, they asked for 3 years of experience, I had none but still got the job.

If a thing you don't qualify for is crucial they won't invite you ... nothing lost. If they do invite you for an interview it isn't crucial and you have a chance.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 18th, 2016, 2:52 am

I'm applying for everything that doesn't say senior/manager/executive or requires a CPA (which I will probably get a few years into my career). It's funny, one of the jobs I applied for said in the job description that it's an entry level bookkeeping job meant for employees to get experience. And then the job requirements says must have 2+ years of bookkeeping experience.

And you are right, the worst case scenario is that they won't contact you, and they do that most of the time anyways.

And Lonewolf, like I said this is the worst time of the year to look for work as everyone recently graduated and probably already took all the job positions, so I dunno how the job market really is for this. It looks like there's more than usual though, especially if you consider all the temp agency jobs. It reached the point where I'm happy when I find something to apply for, and that means nothing. Right now there are 3 jobs that I applied for within the past few days. 2/3 that I REALLY want because describing to people what those companies are would give me cool points.

I'll probably go to my university next week or the week after to brush up my resume and cover letter just in case. They provide it for people that have graduated in the past, so I might as well take advantage. Maybe I'll go to my current college as well, but getting there is not very convenient.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on May 18th, 2016, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » May 18th, 2016, 8:53 am

You never know how companies react to your CV. When I was still quite green in my job (like really green, with not even a year of experience in the field after getting my certificates) I applied for a job as head of the IT dept. in another company when I was jobhunting (just for fun, and because the local job agency sent that to me as a suggestion). Consider my surprise when they called back and invited me for an interview. I was flabbergasted.
I was sitting there in the interview, facing the CTO, CFO and the current IT boss of the company (not even a really small one, but a solid enterprise with over 500 employees) and they told me they liked my slightly unusual and not streamlined career path and I might be able to give some fresh outside impulses...
Obviously I didn't get that job, no matter how much I tried to oversell myself, because I really wasn't qualified for it. But you never know who'll like your profile.
On the other hand I applied for jobs where I fit the rather specific profiles to a T and never heard back from those applications...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » May 18th, 2016, 9:44 am

Ettinauer226XL on May 17 2016, 02:52:58 PM wrote:I'm also only going to look for jobs related to finance (accounting, bookkeeping or payroll). These classes made me realize that I have the right mindset for this work, and although it's boring as hell I can live it. I'm basically looking to start my career.
You probably know movies have their own accountants and bookkeepers. It's not creative, but it can be quite a cool job, getting to watch films getting made from a very particular point of view...

https://filmproduction.wordpress.com/fi ... ccounting/

I know I have always enjoyed my job, but then the the french system may differ from the US one.
Well, reading this interview, the job is pretty much the same, actually... Except I have degrees in accounting.

https://thebillfold.com/an-interview-wi ... .pw8km0o8i
Last edited by cinephage on May 18th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 18th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Ettinauer226XL on May 17 2016, 08:52:59 PM wrote:I'm applying for everything that doesn't say senior/manager/executive or requires a CPA (which I will probably get a few years into my career). It's funny, one of the jobs I applied for said in the job description that it's an entry level bookkeeping job meant for employees to get experience. And then the job requirements says must have 2+ years of bookkeeping experience.
:lol: That's so typical. :down: Almost all jobs want you to have experience, but no one wants you to give some. :shrug:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » May 31st, 2016, 5:47 am

Need more advice.

Mid-April I had a job interview. It was specifically for people on employment insurance to help them gain more marketable skills, one of them being in what I want. It's just a summer job (it's for a music festival) but alongside teaching you stuff they also give you 4 paid hours a week to look for work or go to job interviews.

They rejected me afterwards. Dunno why, but when they asked when I'm not available I told them about my summer class and I could tell how disappointed they were. Afterwards they told me that that day of the week is very important during the festival.

They just posted the job offer again now. Either the person didn't pass the probation period, or they found a job. Would it be cool if I email them asking if they would consider me again? Or would that be too much. The thing is, I thought that class was going to be on campus every Wednesday, but it ended up getting cancelled. I was then transferred to an online equivalent of that class, so now I am available Wednesdays. I am slightly worried that this would seem too aggressive, but who knows, if that was the reason why they didn't hire me then telling them the news about this class might make them reconsider.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 31st, 2016, 6:04 am

Ettinauer226XL on May 30 2016, 11:47:18 PM wrote:Need more advice.

Mid-April I had a job interview. It was specifically for people on employment insurance to help them gain more marketable skills, one of them being in what I want. It's just a summer job (it's for a music festival) but alongside teaching you stuff they also give you 4 paid hours a week to look for work or go to job interviews.

They rejected me afterwards. Dunno why, but when they asked when I'm not available I told them about my summer class and I could tell how disappointed they were. Afterwards they told me that that day of the week is very important during the festival.

They just posted the job offer again now. Either the person didn't pass the probation period, or they found a job. Would it be cool if I email them asking if they would consider me again? Or would that be too much. The thing is, I thought that class was going to be on campus every Wednesday, but it ended up getting cancelled. I was then transferred to an online equivalent of that class, so now I am available Wednesdays. I am slightly worried that this would seem too aggressive, but who knows, if that was the reason why they didn't hire me then telling them the news about this class might make them reconsider.
I would let them know you're still interested in the position and that you are now better able to fit your schedule to theirs. It's worth a shot. I don't think it's too aggressive, it shows that a) you're genuinely interested and b) you're paying attention to what's going on (you saw the reposting).
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » May 31st, 2016, 11:29 pm

yup, sounds a situation where there's nothing to lose from trying (only a bit of time & effort I suppose). No sane employer would see an enquiry like that as aggressive. Worse case scenario they'll come back with something like 'we are not considering re-applications' and you can draw a line under that one, but at least you won't be left wondering..

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 1st, 2016, 4:24 am

Yea I did it when Knaldskalle's gave me the ok. Of course a full time job is better than this, but it doesn't hurt to apply, especially if they give people paid time to look for work.

Doing ~5 applications a week now and started to actually care at May 12th (I'm tracking it). 15 total so far. Should we start a betting pool or a poll on how many applications it'll take to get a job? Or at least how many before I get an interview.

I might end up going to both my old university and college for them to look at my resume and cover letter. I think my resume is the best that it could be but the cover letter might need some fixing. If it's free might as well take advantage of it.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on June 1st, 2016, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » June 1st, 2016, 7:47 pm

You can get a UK job, my bank takes people from worldwide, under 31 and with £1890 you can get a visa, you can get other types of visa if you have Uk grandparent

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 447AAk9OZn

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility

This scheme is only for certain countries

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility
Last edited by Cippenham on June 1st, 2016, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 1st, 2016, 9:45 pm

What I study is specific for what region I am in. If I move to Quebec I would already have to learn new tax laws. Moving to the UK would not only have that, but probably different accounting procedures. I would probably have to start scratch (well, not scratch but you get the idea).

EDIT: NVM what I posted here previously, will apply anyways.
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on June 2nd, 2016, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rich

Post by Rich » June 5th, 2016, 1:28 pm

I'm about to mail my application to teach English in South Korea. I'm freaking out and can't think of anything else right now.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 5th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Rich on Jun 5 2016, 07:28:12 AM wrote:I'm about to mail my application to teach English in South Korea. I'm freaking out and can't think of anything else right now.
Wow, that's a huge step! Do you have any knowledge of Korean whatsoever?

Rich

Post by Rich » June 6th, 2016, 1:39 am

Lammetje on Jun 5 2016, 11:01:50 AM wrote:
Rich on Jun 5 2016, 07:28:12 AM wrote:I'm about to mail my application to teach English in South Korea. I'm freaking out and can't think of anything else right now.
Wow, that's a huge step! Do you have any knowledge of Korean whatsoever?
I don't know the language but I will learn basic words and phrases before I go. I researched the country and have a basic understanding of it.

monty

Post by monty » June 6th, 2016, 1:45 am

You can do it, Rich!

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 14th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on June 24th, 2016, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » June 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Alright talked to countless amount of people for the past while, online for the most part but still. I will have trouble finding an accounting job with what I have now, even entry level. I expected that but at least I wanted a foot in the door. But they all at least want that 2 year degree. The certificate I have is basically first year accounting with lots of practical applications. I did have plans on getting my CPA designation (best way to explain it is the accounting version of getting a law or medical license) but it looks like I'll have to take it seriously now. Need some advice on the best path.

One option is to go back to my university and get a bachelor's and a master's in accounting. Fuck that. The other option is to go to college part/full-time and then take the rest of the courses directly from the people that provide the designations. The accountants I talked to were telling me that it doesn't really matter what path you take to get your CPA. The end goal is the same and 95% of employers won't care where you got it, just as long as you have it. The places that do care about college/university will be the places that also care about which university you go to.

I'm thinking, maybe I should just go to college full-time? It depends on my transfer credits from university (2 math courses I might be able to skip) and course equivalents from what I've taken in college last year, but I can be done in 2-3 semesters. The thing that worries me about this is that I'm scared that I'll be stuck in a "If I just take these few more courses I might finally get a good job!!!" loop.

After getting that diploma it'll take 1-1.5 years to get the rest of the preparatory courses done and then it's the 2 year CPA program before doing the exam. I know that there are lots of job opportunities for people that are in that 2 year program, especially because relevant employment is one of the requirements to be enrolled.

If I go to college full-time, I'll have to quit my job (seasonal layoff period now anyways) and will probably have to quit my employment insurance for the last month or 2 (considering how much shit happened in just one month I don't exactly trust them anyways). I will have to apply for student loans to afford it as well, so that's a few thousand more for me to pay off afterwards. And because of that there is a due date so I only have 1-2 weeks to decide this. Hopefully I can get a part-time bookkeeping job while doing school as well to get some experience while studying, but I will need a part-time job eventually so hopefully I can find one before reaching the point where I have to apply for anything. If I go part-time with 2-3 classes while working full-time, it will take around 3 years to complete it.

There's also another thing I gotta decide, but that's IF I go to college full-time, so I'll spoiler it for now cause I guess you can consider this optional text now
If I go full-timeShow
There are 2 options, either go to campus, or online. If I decide this weekend I'll go ask them if I can do a hybrid. If that's possible then I'll just do that.

Campus: More expensive, have to travel there (1 hour by bus), and a laptop that has at least an i5 processor is REQUIRED, so that's like $5-700 more I have to spend. But, I will have some semblance of a social life and a good chunk of the students will be mid-20s or older. This might help with networking, friendship or even dating. And at the end there will be a placement course where you actually work for a semester.

Online: Cheaper, can stay at home, I prefer the "learn yourself" method of learning as well and can summarise my own notes easier. Can cheat on quizzes and tests if I want (not that I need too since this isn't intellectually challenging, but it's nice to have that option). There's also a huge convenience factor. Since this is all online, there will be a lot more options for me to find a part-time job, as I can work on any schedule and just tailor my school schedule around it. But, since it's online, I won't meet anyone, so all of those networking/friendship/dating options will be gone, and no placement course.
Fuck, sorry about the rant but this is an important decision that I can't really decide on.