Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Finding a Job

funkybusiness
Donator

Finding a Job

Post by funkybusiness » December 25th, 2016, 3:16 am

livin the dream.

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » December 26th, 2016, 11:22 pm

metaller on Nov 7 2016, 10:34:44 AM wrote:
Gershwin on Nov 7 2016, 10:09:21 AM wrote:
jvv on Nov 7 2016, 07:23:10 AM wrote: :hug:

Sorry to hear that.
Thanks, jvv. Actually I didn't really stand a chance, because I have no relevant experience. And they were quite positive about my presentation. There were just better candidates. That sucks, but I expected it. :)
Too bad, but perhaps it'll show your superiors that you want to take on more responsibilty and that might lead to an enhancement in the future.
Good step to show some initiative.
Ha, funny reading this thread back. You were so right. One or two weeks after they turned me down, they asked me to temporarily fill a senior job that's somewhere in between my normal job and the team leader job I applied for. I've been doing that job for the last few weeks. Very busy, but also very satisfying.

Showing initiative surely does help.

Oh, and cheers, Art! :cheers:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » December 26th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Congrats on the new job, Art :clap: :cheers:

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 16th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Just found the perfect job and applied for it. It's part-time and minimum wage, but it involves my passions. It's for a store that sells vinyls and movies. I told them on the cover letter how many films I've seen and how many albums I've listened to. It'll be bullshit if they don't contact me.

There is only one bad thing. I'm a part of employment assistance for disabled people. They will cold call businesses to see if they're hiring for me which is awesome, but if I get a job they will contact both me and the managers weekly to see how I'm doing. I can see that annoying the managers.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » October 16th, 2019, 11:13 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Just found the perfect job and applied for it. It's part-time and minimum wage, but it involves my passions. It's for a store that sells vinyls and movies. I told them on the cover letter how many films I've seen and how many albums I've listened to. It'll be bullshit if they don't contact me.

There is only one bad thing. I'm a part of employment assistance for disabled people. They will cold call businesses to see if they're hiring for me which is awesome, but if I get a job they will contact both me and the managers weekly to see how I'm doing. I can see that annoying the managers.
Is that weekly forever or for the first x weeks? I think if it's regular and short a manager wouldn't really mind (and you probably wouldn't want to work for a manager who'd be too annoyed by it anyway), but after a few months once a month seems like it should be enough.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » October 16th, 2019, 11:35 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 11:13 pm
XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Is that weekly forever or for the first x weeks? I think if it's regular and short a manager wouldn't really mind (and you probably wouldn't want to work for a manager who'd be too annoyed by it anyway), but after a few months once a month seems like it should be enough.
I assume that will be the case. They didn't provide the details yet, just that when you sign up with them they're with you for 33 months.